Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,180 comments
How do I manage to AO map via 3DS Max in the same way Content Manager does? I kinda figured out how CM manages to do that by placing a skylight on top of a car and use scanline render on 3DS, however that method doesn't seem to work well with AC and CM, since I cannot see each textures at all due to how it's a bit brighter compared to CM's rendering and cannot even change color in Paint Shop, until I rendered with CM and now it manages to change color on the car.

Someone on FB told me that I can hide each objects of a car by pressing Alt+H, but sadly it doesn't tend to instantly isolate 'em yet like 3DS does, i honestly don't feel like importing back and forth each objects I personally separated to a car of mine I'm currently updating these days, neither having to hide each objects one by one 'till I get to the one I want to render AO from.

I wonder which method of rendering many of you modders here tend to use for Ambient Occlusion...

After digging a bit I can definitely say CSP 1.72 and higher are rather... Dodgy ? I mean :

CSP 1.73 / 72 - large swaths of darkness across many tracks (Kunos and mods alike) :

gNqlT7n.png

Now same track, place, weather on CSP 1.70 :

VW5kcp0.png

Anyone having this issue too ? It's rather bizarre.
The newest version is giving me about 35fps extra. I'll take that as a trade off.

I'm more concerned about the copyright. As far as I know Guerilla Mods isn't partnered officially with Audi on anything, so they don't have the right really to be selling this R8.

Now if they called it the "Auriel 8 LM GR2" or something and removed the branding I'd be quite alright with it, but they've chosen to sell another company's property as their own which is not OK.

Then there's the fact that I'm pretty sure this GT2 Audi uses some components from the Kunos GT3 car like all of Guerilla Mods' other projects do, so they'd technically be reselling Kunos property as well which is also not OK.

The difference is.... on patreon you only support just 'the artists' and if you get something as benefit on top or not is basically our decision just like what we like to give you... ofc it's all a grey area... but if you rename a design copy righted by a car manufacturer and sell it as your 'own brand' and as owm product it doesn't make it any less 'illegal' or worse in my opinion...

i'm sure it was completely scratch built along with the physics (which comes from the kunos 2016 Audi LMS but who am I to judge)
I'm not an expert about modding but I can say this. Looking back to their work before, I can trust what they claimed.

There's only few people in the world that does sth. well and being honest about their way of doing it.

Go to their FB page or website. You'll see what I mean.

The difference is.... on patreon you only support just 'the artists' and if you get something as benefit on top or not is basically our decision just like what we like to give you... ofc it's all a grey area... but if you rename a design copy righted by a car manufacturer and sell it as your 'own brand' and as owm product it doesn't make it any less 'illegal' or worse in my opinion...
My point exactly.

You support the artist, the modder, the nature of modding, the effort.

The legal side of it... you can't beileve how much publicity they get from these mods. Free advertising at some poing without a dyme.

They let it slide to some point. There's a psychological and emotional side of these too. You remember the car you play with in the game. And if you good at it, the idea about that car changes on your mind. It becomes your dream car, dream job, your passion.

That... you can't do that much impact with ads.

Last edited:
If anyone can tell me how to solve this problem. From the Ferrari 275 / GTB, I am making a "clone" to create the Aston Martin DP214. The problem is that the decals of the numbers are transparent as you can see on the print. I took the Ferrari logo off the wheel. When trying to make the real skins of the Ferrari 275 / GTB from Le Mans, I will certainly have the same problem ...I am also having problems with Chaparral 2D (LM 1966). There is no file to modify skin. It would also make a "clone" for the Howmet TX of LM 1968, cars very similar to complete the grid of Le Mans..

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1618348163.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618348163.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 49
  • __custom_showroom_1618348175.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618348175.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 44
  • __custom_showroom_1618348184.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618348184.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 42
  • AstonDP214.jpg
    AstonDP214.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 50
  • __custom_showroom_1618348211.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1618348211.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 52
Would somebody please review this beautiful-looking mod and tell us if it's worth the money?

I'm not sure what everyone's general opinion about the ethics of the mod is concerned and I really don't want to add anything about it but for those who are planning to buy it or are trying to decide whether it's worth the money, it may be useful to check this comment out which details the nature of the physics of the car.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-what-are-you-working-on-thread.126119/post-3376852

Ultimately it's a personal decision whether you would want to purchase it or not and no one can really control what you do but it's best to be informed about it before you decide to jump in. Again I'm sure a lot of effort must have gone into it but I personally would be more confident in "buying" a car mod from people like RSS, URD, and VRC.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I was my best mod ever but it is something I've wanted to see in digital form for a very long time. I'm quite upset about the yammering on comment from @natloz76 Anyway, being in a bit of a mood now I'll just keep this brief. I was looking at the Imola track skin for this coming weekend and I've started on it already. Now this is one of the worst Kunos tracks for texture mirroring. It cannot be avoided. Last year I got a bit creative with it to make it full, vibrant and exciting but the mirroring broke the immersion for some and others loved it. I personally would like to avoid any mirroring this year or keep it to an absolute minimum. Colours, curbs, pitlane, bridges i've got a base laid out already. Sponsors will be placed where they don't mirror only. It won't look the same as on TV this time but will be a functional modern looking F1 track. If anyone wants it that is.

Keep the great work Mate and thaks for that great Batmoile MOD :cheers:

So its okay dokey because of a loophole?. still a bit slimey if you ask me. not rtm moving to patreon most likely for that very same loophole slimey since your stuff seems to be scratch made but still within the same ballpark

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about the new remake of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey? This time, the story is set in 2021 and when the monkeys encounter the latest 'Modolith' they mysteriously start hitting each other for no apparent reason (or with no apparent reason).

2001-a-space-odyssey-ape-monolith.jpg

Sounds a little like something going on here today.

OK, I think I was completely missunderstood.
It was not the mod itself (the Batmobil)...I think this is a fun mod and I could not do anything like this in a million year.
It was the fact that 60% of the last three pages was full of with the comments on it.
I was searching for something and I kept coming over that mod again and again.
60% of last 3 pages??? There are a total of 2389 pages here at the moment that your searches would cover. If people ask about it and I reply within a reasonable timescale then yes they are going to be reasonably close together. You have come across it a lot because it's new, 1000 downloads from racedepartment link alone. I had to upgrade Robin as he was a bit dodgy and people were interested in the progress of the car. I had to use this forum to seek the expert advice I needed to get to release stage. I nearly gave up on it a few times but glad I didn't as 99.9% of the people who did get it, got it for what it was. Different, new, fun, brought back memories. It was a passion of mine to get it to AC. I got a leg-up over this forum and now it's out there for people to enjoy. I do not regret talking about it and I am proud of it. At the moment it's page after page after page about some Audi car. Same thing.

Last edited:
Well, we almost got the trio, now we just need the LMS GT4.

BTW what was the purpose of audi making the GT2? Is their a GT2 championship or division that I don't know about or is it just a track build exclusive like the Zonda R and the P1 GTR?
View attachment 1004232

View attachment 1004233
The Fanatec GT2 European Series kicks off this weekend at Monza, take a look: https://www.gtsportsclub.com/

I believe @GUERILLA Mods has also got the LMS GT4 as part of their great GT4 pack, there are a lot of skins for it on Race Department as well, including full EU and FFSA GT4 grids as well as the Michelin Pilot Challenge

im working on a chassis swap of one body over an existing car. the wheels got realigned in Blender and in both blender and showroom they are in the right place, but, on track they are where the donar cars wheels are. presumably something somewhare in the data? where do i fix this , please and thank you!
View attachment 1004195
View attachment 1004194

you can check suspensions.ini, here you see wheelbase and cg location, tune up this values to match that you want, have in mind that this affects the physics and the balance of the car, if you got the performance that you want, and the car looks out of place, go to car.ini and change value for z in GRAPHICS_OFFSET=
this line adjust visually the car, and dont affect the behaviour or phisycs

Guys quick question....

is Tokyo Expressway from GT Sport based on the real life Fukuoka Urban Expressway, as shown in these vids?

What is the difference between the two from a regional and location standpoint?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back