Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,051 comments
You'd have completely redo them to fit the FH2018. It will take a very long time.

Well I'm not paying my money for this
analyze-png.464830

Is this comparison feature from CM? Where do I find, please? I looked here and didn't find it.

Is this comparison feature from CM? Where do I find, please? I looked here and didn't find it.

You have to go to the version number of Content Manager in your settings and click on it a bunch until it asks you to enable developer mode. Then if you go to a car in the content page you can click the analyze button on the bottom of the screen and it will provide you with that information.

It’s a good tool to measure how much a mod car will stress your GPU or for telling if people are selling cars that aren’t scratch-made (cough).

Last edited:
So inaccurate is embarrassing (not for me), you are aware that paid mods have always existed, long before AC was even a product.

As for me being an enabler of shady modding practices, I guess you must have missed the videos I did calling out Sim Dream Studios, and doing so even before Sim Racing 604 did. A world of difference exists between a team stealing peoples mods, issuing Copyright strikes against them, then selling that content and attempting to shut down anyone who calls them out for it, and on the other team who have relased every mod they have created (and it is thier work) for free, and have used Patreon for the beta on one mod.

I mean they must be raking it in if its 'all about the money', oh wait the Patreon brings them in a massive £49 a month, edited its now skyrocketed to £130!

Utterly untrue. Some free mods are amazing, some are crap. Some paid mods are amazing, some are crap.

Just look at the quality work on the collider on this free mod.

View attachment 1004642

However I do take it, given your hardline stance on this, that you don't use CM or CSP? after all Ilya's Patreon is bringing in more than £130 a month (and I have zero issues with that at all).

Oh wait, wants the word I’m looking for...

Oh and RD also links to and promotes paid mods, so I guess you will not be using them going forward? Particularly as if you don't pay RD then they cap how many of those free mods you can download!
even though what electroforce has a lot of holes here. let's not go and pretend guerilla mods are saints or anywhere near the range of an rss. i dont care if you are charging 300 dollars or 1 penny, if i gotta pay my own money to get a mod that stuff better be at the very least scratch made and as cantona said if i need to pay a fee a la patreon in order to download your mod then i am not """""buying them a beer""""" i am obtaining what is essentially a pay mod but this time its through patreon loophole so i guess we can all act coy and pretend we are doing it out of the kindness of our hearts and not to get a product that they are selling which has about as much quality as anything tonyb is sellin and correct me if i am wrong throughout this whole time that they've been hyping this up via preview pic before release, i dont remember them mentioning that the only way to get this car is to once again """""buy them a beer"""" via patreon. This lack of being upfront is what really urks me.

Last edited:
You have to go to the version number of Content Manager in your settings and click on it a bunch until it asks you to enable developer mode. Then if you go to a car in the content page you can click the analyze button on the bottom of the screen and it will provide you with that information.

It’s a good tool to measure how much a mod car will stress your GPU or for telling if people are selling cars that aren’t scratch-made (cough).

I already had developer mode enabled. When I click on analyze only this appears:

IYmZIT.png

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

Version 1.3 aka the 'once more, with feeling' update.

UPDATES: Brand new physical track mesh by @Zwiss

Please note, this does not include the update by Racealot above, as I only noticed that post when I was already in the process of uploading this file.

This is definitely, 100%, no takesies-backsies, THE FINAL UPDATE!

Big thanks to @Fanapryde @slider666 @CrisT86 @Zwiss and to everyone who has provided kind words and feedback about this track :)

Download link below. Enjoy :)

View attachment 1004752

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

I think the lawn is very dark when the environment is covered by the shadows of the clouds. It is the first time that I see this. CSP 1.74 preview33 and Sol 2.1 alpha 34 here.

IYmro7.jpg

IYm18r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
even though what electroforce has a lot of holes here. let's not go and pretend guerilla mods are saints or anywhere near the range of an rss. i dont care if you are charging 300 dollars or 1 penny, if i gotta pay my own money to get a mod that stuff better be at the very least scratch made and as cantona said if i need to pay a fee a la patreon in order to download your mod then i am not """""buying them a beer""""" i am obtaining what is essentially a pay mod but this time its through patreon loophole so i guess we can all act coy and pretend we are doing it out of the kindness of our hearts and not to get a product that they are selling which has about as much quality as anything tonyb is sellin and correct me if i am wrong throughout this whole time that they've been hyping this up via preview pic before release, i dont remember them mentioning that the only way to get this car is to once again """""buy them a beer"""" via patreon. This lack of being upfront is what really urks me.
I've not said they are at all, in fact I was quite clear that good and bad paid mods exist.

At the end of the day if people wish to pay for a mod then its quite frankly that persons choice, and to try and claim that by doing so they are contributing to the downfall of modding is so absurd that quite frankly it deserves to be called out. That's aside from @Electroforce hypocrisy in the entire matter, as they seem quite happy with Ilya doing it, but not others.

BTW could you please ensure that your posts follow the AUP, that includes the use of basic grammar, which would mean the use of capital letters to start sentences, etc. as it will make you post far easier to read.

I already had developer mode enabled. When I click on analyze only this appears:

IYmZIT.png
You need to pop a tick in here first:

Desktop Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 20.46.24.22.png

Last edited:
I think the lawn is very dark when the environment is covered by the shadows of the clouds. It is the first time that I see this. CSP 1.74 preview33 and Sol 2.1 alpha 34 here.

IYmro7.jpg

IYm18r.jpg

I've never seen that. I'd assume that's a CSP 'feature'. Nothing has been changed with the textures in the last update.

IYmro7.jpg

IYm18r.jpg

Noticed this as well, as my choice is Sol Windy (weather), then made some adjustments to the ext_config, by de-activating the following:

This did the trick for me based on similar Sol/CSP-preview settings. Try it.

change the current value of 1 to 0 in line (ACTIVE=1)

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
DESCRIPTION= grass
MATERIALS= grass?,
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.015
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.175

Noticed this as well, as my choice is Sol Windy (weather), then made some adjustments to the ext_config, by de-activating the following:

This did the trick for me based on similar Sol/CSP-preview settings. Try it.

change the current value of 1 to 0 in line (ACTIVE=1)

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE= 1
DESCRIPTION= grass
MATERIALS= grass?,
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.015
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.175

Thanks for a quick and easy solution @racealot :)

I've not said they are at all, in fact I was quite clear that good and bad paid mods exist.

At the end of the day if people wish to pay for a mod then its quite frankly that persons choice, and to try and claim that by doing so they are contributing to the downfall of modding is so absurd that quite frankly it deserves to be called out. That's aside from @Electroforce hypocrisy in the entire matter, as they seem quite happy with Ilya doing it, but not others.

BTW could you please ensure that your posts follow the AUP, that includes the use of basic grammar, which would mean the use of capital letters to start sentences, etc. as it will make you post far easier to read.

View attachment 1004772
1.Do you believe that guerilla mods belongs in a good or a bad mods list? Simply stating that they exist doesn't mean a darn thing
2. People's right to pay for things is not even an argument because that's just comman sense. I'm not going around sending folks things like death threats for this. I'm just pointing out their questionable choices
3. Ilya and cm is not even on the same level as a guerilla mods or rtm and don't pretend it is
4. n0. n0 eye w1ll n0t

Last edited:
Updated, Old link still works but here it is again.

New mountain texture, tree colour variation.

The power lines are crisp in my version? (didnt change anything here)
View attachment 1004612

View attachment 1004613

And Ibarra.. yet again.. new ext_config in this one that fixes flashing terrain and a few colour toning options.
New Download (same link as previous, but newer version) or just replace ext_config with the attached one. (rename .txt to .ini of course)

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Thanks for a quick and easy solution @racealot :)

No probs... had it in mind due to previous testing with it...

Nice track, flows really well with several mods, like ASR's GP3 Series 2015, Guerilla's Praga R2T, VRC's Chevrette 28, and the list ain't finished yet, more testing down the track, no disappointments thus far... 👍

BTW, enjoying both variations of grass colour... choice!

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

Last edited:
1.Do you believe that guerilla mods belongs in a good or a bad mods list? Simply stating that they exist doesn't mean a darn thing
I think their intentions on the whole are goods and the mods are better than average, with some strong points. Audio on the latest as an example.

2. People's right to pay for things is not even an argument because that's just comman sense. I'm not going around sending folks things like death threats for this. I'm just pointing out their questionable choices
And others are accusing those who pay for mods as being the downfall of modding as a whole.

3. Ilya and cm is not even on the same level as a guerilla mods or rtm and don't pretend it is
I wasn’t the one making absolutist statements.

4. n0. n0 eye w1ll n0t
Well that just will not do

I think their intentions on the whole are goods and the mods are better than average, with some strong points. Audio on the latest as an example.

And others are accusing those who pay for mods as being the downfall of modding as a whole.

I wasn’t the one making absolutist statements.

Well that just will not do
There's good intentions and then there's actual execution. I wouldn't this hard on them if they didn't go the way they did with the whole patreon deal and them not being up front about it. On its own its a neat mod but once this whole thing put a big damper on my excitement. Also, one guy making a hyperbolic statement about you isn't same as if you were getting a death threat over spending money. those are 2 very different things. As with the absolutist statements, you pointed out that criticizing this mod and its practices while supporting ilja or cm are hypocritical as if those 2 scenarios are anywhere near the same ballpark

Last edited:
There's good intentions and then there's actual execution. I wouldn't this hard on them if they didn't go the way they did with the whole patreon deal and them not being up front about it. On its own its a neat mod but once this whole thing put a big damper on my excitement. Also, one guy making a hyperbolic statement about you isn't same a you getting a death threat over spending money. those are 2 very different things
Good job I never said I got a death threat then!

Well.. ahem. Not so ambitious as your adventure, nor legacy!

https://esport-racing.de/cannonball-run-usa/

its quite plain, not so ambitious... but I thought could be a welcomed addition to AC.

All of those 'stages' add up to only about a tenth of the actual distance. OTOH, you couldn't expect players to stay glued to their keyboards for 2,850 miles in real time, even at 150 mph. So say it might take a couple of hours in one fell swoop (not stages, and you couldn't pause it online). I designed a stand-alone ver of the Cannonball Run for EA years ago (they rejected it). Using fractals to generate scenery, it would take place entirely on Interstates (freeways), with refuelling stops. speeding tickets and limited route changes (via interchanges). You'd basically need only eight 'stages': Generic Suburban, Eastern Rural, Generic Urban, Midwestern Rural, Desert, Rocky Mountain, California Suburban and California Beach, maybe with interchanges or tunnels to cover the transitions. So it's not impossible, but it would take Big Bucks to design it, it wouldn't/couldn't be very realistic, and it might only appeal to the lunatic fringe, like thee and me. But it could be done. I know the lady who owns the rights, if you're interested.

Probably the greatest book ever written. I’m delighted you enjoy Assetto Corsa. I bought Grand Prix Legends in 1998 and was enthralled with it for 10 years. I still hold the World Record in the Eagle at the Pants Ring! This book was and is the best guide to sim racing I’ve ever read.

View attachment 1004760

EDIT: available here as a download. It’s the 10th anniversary “Shift-R” edition, which is quite an amusing name - when you stuff a GPL car into the haybales Shift-R is the reset to track key combo. I lost a league championship one year by accidentally and unnecessarily using Shift-R which was forbidden.
https://www.autosimsport.net/media/downloads/GPLmanualREDUX-2.pdf

Thank you very much, TimLotus. Alex Martini (Editor of Auto Sim Sport) had me re-publish my strategy guide ("Four-Wheel Drift"), which gave me the opportunity to include the 'missing' section on the Ferrari 312 F1 car (omitted from the original because Ferrari forgot to return that chapter with their corrections). I still have a few copies of the original game, new, in boxes (the way games used to be sold, long, long ago). Those were the days....

Last edited:
never said you did
Then please explain why you said:

"Also, one guy making a hyperbolic statement about you isn't same a you getting a death threat over spending money. those are 2 very different things"

Last edited:
Then please explain why you said:

"Also, one guy making a hyperbolic statement about you isn't same a you getting a death threat over spending money. those are 2 very different things"
its a thing called.....a scenario. i even clarified my statement just for you.

Sardian Heights One of my fav childhood tracks<3<3

Original rF1 track by ISI
Some Formula E textures from rt's port newark

Screenshot-vrc-2019-formula-lithium-sardianheights-15-3-121-17-50-15.jpg
Screenshot-rss-formula-rss-2-v6-2020-sardianheights-15-3-121-18-32-13.jpg
Screenshot-vrc-2019-formula-lithium-sardianheights-15-3-121-18-3-11.jpg
Screenshot-vrc-2019-formula-lithium-sardianheights-15-3-121-17-44-6.jpg
Screenshot-rss-formula-rss-2-v6-2020-sardianheights-15-3-121-18-31-13.jpg

Needs TV cams :(

I don't know what the culprit might be but I keep getting an error window: sardianheights: TRACK NOT FOUND.
I can't see anything missing, deleted and freshly installed twice: still the same error ?

I'm Steve. Brock and I were Editors-in-Chief of CAR and DRIVER in the Sixties, he first, then me. Later I lived just up the road from him in Western New York, where we cooked up other nutball schemes (like his "Torque and Recoil" weekends, where we drove powerful cars and discharged powerful weapons). Brock passed away in 2016 at 82. I still miss him every day.

Holy cow.. we're among legends here!

**Release**

Audi R8 LMS GT2

We have released our Audi R8 LMS GT2 on our Guerilla Mods page:

https://guerilla-mods.de/forum/topic/audi-r8-lms-gt2/

View attachment 1004081 View attachment 1004082 View attachment 1004083

View attachment 1004772

4. n0. n0 eye w1ll n0t
I agree with Longmont. Scaff, I also interpret your statement as comparing Ilya with Guerilla Mods. Not the same in my opinion. Ilya's patreon is for early access to beta of a new CSP build. But the new CSP will eventually be available to everyone for free (disregarding free vs pay versions of CM for the sake of this discussion). You can compare Ilya to ASR... they provide early access to their beta version cars for a fee, but then version 1.0 is released for free. Unless I missed something, DaWallace's post reads like this is version 1.0 release. I don't see anything about early access via patreon.

View attachment 1004772

I see in almost every page of this thread, many basic grammar errors (not those errors from fast typing, when we hit the wrong letter).
And most of them are from english native speakers.

Since you have alerted this member one error, I ask, why are the others not pointed aswell for their errors?

Of course - IMHO - I would forgive, no english natives for errors tho.

Cheers

I'm Steve. Brock and I were Editors-in-Chief of CAR and DRIVER in the Sixties, he first, then me. Later I lived just up the road from him in Western New York, where we cooked up other nutball schemes (like his "Torque and Recoil" weekends, where we drove powerful cars and discharged powerful weapons). Brock passed away in 2016 at 82. I still miss him every day.

Next time there's a silly dispute here about car handling where we're being lectured by an idiot without a driver's licence or any real-world driving experience, we may need to seek your opinion and then point them at your post. ;)

:cheers:

(EDIT: P.S. Toonces, you wouldn't be secretly affiliated with 'The True Friends of Hernando de Soto' by any chance? Word on the street says 'The Fuzz' are still trying to track down the members of this shadowy cabal of car-loving crazies. :odd:)

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

Thanks very much for bringing this track to us – and for the updates. It's a very worthwhile addition to the track library. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see in almost every page of this thread, many basic grammar errors (not those errors from fast typing, when we hit the wrong letter).
And most of them are from english native speakers.

Since you have alerted this member one error, I ask, why are the others not pointed aswell for their errors?

Of course - IMHO - I would forgive, no english natives for errors tho.

Cheers
Because it will depend on the degree (1 error is quote different to over a dozen) and the route chosen to raise it with the member. Just because you don't see it being raised, doesn't mean it hasn't been.

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

UPDATES: Brand new physical track mesh by @Zwiss

Please note, this does not include the update by Racealot above, as I only noticed that post when I was already in the process of uploading this file.

This is definitely, 100%, no takesies-backsies, THE FINAL UPDATE!

Big thanks to @Fanapryde @slider666 @CrisT86 @Zwiss and to everyone who has provided kind words and feedback about this track :)

Download link below. Enjoy :)

View attachment 1004752

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

Thanks for a great track and update. I've changed a few bits and made another skin, based mainly on the Moto GP boards from footage. I've also tweaked the grass and trees to my taste. Hopefully be of use to someone.

Because it will depend on the degree (1 error is quote different to over a dozen) and the route chosen to raise it with the member. Just because you don't see it being raised, doesn't mean it hasn't been.

So I can assume that it will depend from a few personal factors aswell.
And some are being pointed privately and others publicly.

Thank you, no more further information need.

my current W.i.P:
Cannonball Run USA
Funabashi
Keimola
Neuplanitz

extracted/1st-look potential W.i.P list from my working folder:
Autodromo de Rio Cuarto
Autodromo de San Luis*
Autodromo de San Nicolas*
Bowman_Gray
Chernobyl
DEUNACITY
Harbor_Stunning-Miami_Race
Livet_Glen
Mozukoshi Touge
ROC Gran Canaria
SpeedForce*
Hitchin*

ceSniper tracks w/permission
Mount Stenth
Shakedown
Town of Aretua
Town of Batisburg

* not on list

Vara & Vayline could also be on my list

There are a few listed that are converted, Essington for sure, mby Vanport (Portland). Several are supplanted by newer versions mesh of the same.
Thanks for the list.

Hey bro i have Chernobyl at 70%-80% wanna give it the last kick?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back