Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
Next time there's a silly dispute here about car handling where we're being lectured by an idiot without a driver's licence or any real-world driving experience, we may need to seek your opinion and then point them at your post. ;)

:cheers:

(EDIT: P.S. Toonces, you wouldn't be secretly affiliated with 'The True Friends of Hernando de Soto' by any chance? Word on the street says 'The Fuzz' are still trying to track down the members of this shadowy cabal of car-loving crazies. :odd:)

I was long gone by the time la Revolución was taken over by 'The Sons of Danger,' et alia. I did work on the Cannonball movie, but by that time it had been heisted by hucksters, grifters, blackguards and moochers.

I was long gone by the time la Revolución was taken over by 'The Sons of Danger,' et alia. I did work on the Cannonball movie, but by that time it had been heisted by hucksters, grifters, blackguards and moochers.

Don't worry. Starsky and Hutch have got Huggy Bear working the streets to get an inside line on the dirty double-dealings of the whole gang. ;)

Probably the greatest book ever written. I’m delighted you enjoy Assetto Corsa. I bought Grand Prix Legends in 1998 and was enthralled with it for 10 years. I still hold the World Record in the Eagle at the Pants Ring! This book was and is the best guide to sim racing I’ve ever read.

View attachment 1004760

EDIT: available here as a download. It’s the 10th anniversary “Shift-R” edition, which is quite an amusing name - when you stuff a GPL car into the haybales Shift-R is the reset to track key combo. I lost a league championship one year by accidentally and unnecessarily using Shift-R which was forbidden.
https://www.autosimsport.net/media/downloads/GPLmanualREDUX-2.pdf

I have mine until today ..... Very good to remember ...

Attachments

• manual1.jpg
    manual1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 49
  • manual2.jpg
    manual2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 48
quick fix for Sardian:

1. rename undermap.kn5 to sardianheights.kn5
2. edit models_long.ini and models_short.ini :

[MODEL_0]
FILE=hotlap.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=sardianheights_250.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_2]
FILE=sardianheights.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_3]
FILE=cars.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_4]
FILE=bushes.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

quick fix for Sardian:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=hotlap.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_2]
FILE=sardianheights.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_3]
FILE=cars.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_4]
FILE=bushes.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Thanks, the fix is included in the updated archive

I don't know what the culprit might be but I keep getting an error window: sardianheights: TRACK NOT FOUND.
I can't see anything missing, deleted and freshly installed twice: still the same error ?

Redownload the file please, everything should be fine now

Can anyone else who has the Tailem Bend track and is also running CSP 0.1.74 preview 33 tell me if their track loads OK or now crashes. Mine won't load and I'm not sure if it's the result of a recent CSP bug or something else as I haven't tried driving on it for a little while.

Thanks. :(

Last edited:
Can anyone else who has the Tailem Bend track and is also running CSP 0.1.74 preview 33 tell me if their track loads OK or now crashes. Mine won't load and I'm not sure if it's the result of a recent CSP bug or something else as I haven't tried driving on it for a little while.

Thanks. :(

It loads OK with CSP 0.1.74 preview 33 on my system

Maybe a clean re installation of CSP might help?

Taking the opportunity to ask anyone that uses Head Tracking preferably with opentrack to share their mapping profile or to provide some basic advises for yaw, pitch, roll mapping values.

Thanks.

Last edited:
quick fix for Sardian:

[MODEL_0]
FILE=hotlap.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_2]
FILE=sardianheights.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_3]
FILE=cars.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_4]
FILE=bushes.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

thanks to you it works perfectly now 👍👍👍

Thanks for a great track and update. I've changed a few bits and made another skin, based mainly on the Moto GP boards from footage. I've also tweaked the grass and trees to my taste. Hopefully be of use to someone.

No more billboards with "Andalucia", this track is from Castilla La Mancha.

Thanks for checking that Pugsang. I've reinstalled CSP, but it didn't fix it. Thanks all the same. 👍

For what is worth the Tailem Bend version that I am using is the one from September 2020 - don't know if there is a newer one available out there.

Best way to find out what is going wrong is to check the log - maybe it could help.

IMOLA 1994 rFactor converted

The author asks if someone can help him make the replay tv cameras
that's why I'm posting here ;)
I also think the track is way too bright (white light).
and requires graphic improvements for vegetation (trees, grass, ...)
there is a lot of graphic work because it is a version 0.1!!!!!!!!!!!
I also changed the name of the file to "imola1994" and also :
- track0001.kn5 in imola1994.kn5
- and the line in models.ini with FILE = imola1994.kn5

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imola-1994-rf1-to-assetto-corsa.41710/

141384404_1564015717142822_1299599447697348791_n.jpg

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
IMOLA 1994 rFactor converted

The author asks if someone can help him make the replay tv cameras
that's why I'm posting here ;)
I also think the track is way too bright (white light).
and requires graphic improvements for vegetation (trees, grass, ...)
there is a lot of graphic work because it is a version 0.1!!!!!!!!!!!
I also changed the name of the file to "imola1994" and also :
- track0001.kn5 in imola1994.kn5
- and the line in models.ini with FILE = imola1994.kn5

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imola-1994-rf1-to-assetto-corsa.41710/

View attachment 1004865

View attachment 1004868

I think it is a waste of time tbh...there is a perfect version already available.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imola-historic-94.19338/updates

Last edited:
No more billboards with "Andalucia", this track is from Castilla La Mancha.

That's why I included a Spanish billboards skin.
When I got my hands on the track initially, the billboards were those seen in the alternative skin (with the Andalucia board).
The Spanish billboards may be fantasy, but I think they are a bit more immersive.

Last edited:
For what is worth the Tailem Bend version that I am using is the one from September 2020 - don't know if there is a newer one available out there.

Best way to find out what is going wrong is to check the log - maybe it could help.

Found that if I turned down the size of my replay cache in the CM settings, it now runs fine. Odd that it was only an issue with this track, but glad I sorted it anyway.

Thanks again for your suggestions. :cheers:

It's TRACK SKIN TIME AGAIN.

Here is the 2021 Emilia Romagna GP (Imola) skin.
Firstly this KUNOS Track suffers badly from texture bleed and mirroring, to get around this I've done 2 versions.

First one is FULL SPONSORS with a bit of creativity reducing the amount of errors
Personally I can live with it.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_imola_16-4-121-12-22-55.jpg

The second version is REDU SPONSORS, further reducing the amount of sponsors, getting rid of most of the errors but retaining the colours to keep the feel of it but not to break any immersion.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_imola_16-4-121-12-24-13.jpg

This track is never going to look 100% accurate, however the 2 skins function as a modern F1 track skin. Plus you can still get last years in my old track pack.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gt55wh6804gydyj/imola.rar/file

The above link is just for the IMOLA skins (Both Versions) pick which you like the most or run both.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/766nv1q31qbm1n2/Blackcelica_Track_Skins_F1_2021.rar/file

This link is the 2021 Skins so far updated to include the IMOLA's

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back