Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,185 comments
@Blackcelica do you have details for the guy that originally converted the batmobile FBX I supplied (from the deviant art author) into a car i mean. I have better model now, retractable glove box, video screens,rotating radar, shaking (ringing?) telephone etc etc. He posted it up converted to AC, but cannot find that post now. Need him to update the car to include the ksanims.

View attachment 1010858
View attachment 1010860
Not on my PC at the moment but if memory serves his name was @GIBBONS he did state at the time he was dumping it and no longer updating it. It was just a raw brick then.

Too right... Few pics to showcase this beauty... now at RD.

volvos40_2-jpg.474644

volvo_cockpit-jpg.474645

volvos40-jpg.474643

This mod is incredible.... wow.
All you can expect from a 1999 BTCC car.
It just feels even better than the Primera, the work on the physics is amazing.
Guys, long life to AC.

Can ask for some advice. What are some good tips to make liveries for cars on AC? I just want to make a contribution to this great community.

hi all

How many cars are enough? Haha

I have over 1600 cars in AC, and looking for cars on that list is hell when you want to do a race, I've been grouping cars together for weeks like this

sorted by decades and separate street and racing

I don't know if the preset files I'm creating would work on another CM

But if they work when I'm done I'll upload the files so that everyone can have a certain order in their car list

Does anyone know how and where we can change the height of the view within the side mirrors in 3D space, when using CSP Mirrors? On many retro F1 cars I drive, the centre viewpoint from the mirrors is set too low, meaning the the lower rear wing elements often block the direct view behind.
mod course, one solution would be to simply not use CSP Mirrors,:D but they do look great when the view is good.

B4669E30-A941-4096-B075-35EA9F7D523B.jpeg

Last edited:
hi all

How many cars are enough? Haha

I have over 1600 cars in AC, and looking for cars on that list is hell when you want to do a race, I've been grouping cars together for weeks like this

sorted by decades and separate street and racing

I don't know if the preset files I'm creating would work on another CM

But if they work when I'm done I'll upload the files so that everyone can have a certain order in their car list

If you're doing grid presets, then yes, you can share.
Of course, for that to work we should have more or less the same cars. But at least it may give people ideas on how to adapt your criteria to their database.

Can ask for some advice. What are some good tips to make liveries for cars on AC? I just want to make a contribution to this great community.

Other software can be used like GIMP but personally I find Photoshop the best as there is plenty of tutorials for effects of what you are trying to create with that program.

This video might help as it was a good start for me which resulted in my first published skin and it's a good rundown of all the steps in a nice condensed video rather than being overwhelmed with what is involved. The only thing I found that is outdated in the video is that for 4k skin quality I export the body textures and templates from CM Showroom into photoshop at 4096x4096 resolution rather than the 2048x2048 resolution in the video. The higher resolution should then be my project size also if that is any help and prevents the skin looking blurry close up.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how and where we can change the height of the view within the side mirrors in 3D space, when using CSP Mirrors? On many retro F1 cars I drive, the centre viewpoint from the mirrors is set too low, meaning the the lower rear wing elements often block the direct view behind.
mod course, one solution would be to simply not use CSP Mirrors,:D but they do look great when the view is good.

View attachment 1010985
Change to monitor ?

If you use BLM app, you can change the mirrors to monitors. That way you don’t see the obstructing car parts.
I see. I actually want to see the car in the mirrors, but I also want to move the location of the actual view within the mirror upwards in 3D space, so it's above the tyre and rear wing element.

AFAIK there's no skin pack created for this specific car yet.

I've been attempting to get someone from Race Department that makes skins for Assetto Corsa cars to make a skin pack for this specific car, but nobody's accepted the challenge yet.

Unless someone on this thread wants to give it a go? If so, let me know.

Well my amigo, it did load these cars:
View attachment 1011000
so it works haha

The lists that I have made should all work well with AI on almost all tracks, they are ordered by power and speed, to have the minimum problems in races against AI.

If there is no car on those lists, it is because the AI does not drive it.

I'm going to clear some lists and start uploading

:cheers:

I see. I actually want to see the car in the mirrors, but I also want to move the location of the actual view within the mirror upwards in 3D space, so it's above the tyre and rear wing element.
I see. That is not possible afaik, unless you move up driver position to an unrealistic value.

View attachment 1010985

the BLM Car app (you can find it on RaceDepartment) has a feature that allows you to adjust the mirror angle. Give that a try.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back