Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,751 comments
Has anyone tried the latest version of the Momentum that's at Assettoland?

Do you think the steering ratio is like a delivery truck?

Of course it's encrypted, so we can't fix it, so unless someone can contact the authors, it's another example of a mod that could be good, but has some issue that's ruining it that no one else can fix.

The author is listed as T0rqu3 & Hydrag4

View attachment 1081988
never saw an uglier mime of a car :grumpy:

I use ACManager

Sets cars and tracks in an extra directory and creates a link to AC.

After reinstalling AC, the last state is quickly restored.

ACManager and JSGME indispensable for me.

Thanks to RMI_Woods JZGME I have more options

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is still 1.60 posted as recommended? Can't really get it...
That's the current stable release, as in it will not mess-up Contnet Manager, etc.

The preview builds are just that, previews of new stuff, think of them as beta tests of new CSP versions, some are very stable and some will crash CM (a lot with some). The previews are also only available to Patreon subscribers, but some older versions do get released publicly as well, which is why you will see them in CM to download and use, just be aware they may cause issues (but in reality most are not a problem and you can easily roll-back to a stable version).

Ok thank you. I have the full version of CM, but for updated CSP you have to have another subscription?
Yes. Go here:
I donated 1 euro per month. You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you cancel, you will no longer be able to get the latest preview version of CSP. But the ones you did download on your system are still usable.

I found this video really helpful. The first 20 minutes will get you going.

ACTK Loch Drummond v1.5
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1137

Screenshot_legion_van_diemen_slicks_actk_lochdrummond_22-8-121-0-22-12.jpg

Screenshot_legion_van_diemen_slicks_actk_lochdrummond_22-8-121-0-21-36.jpg

Screenshot_legion_van_diemen_slicks_actk_lochdrummond_22-8-121-0-5-18.jpg
Here's a quick alternative skin with darker rocks, darker/desaturated mountains and trees, and some billboards.
As can be seen from the billboard DDS in the skin folder, there is a lot of unused artwork because a lot of billboards are missing in this conversion from rF2, and some artwork is repeated or mapped incorrectly.
There's also a new config in this download to add new GrassFX, night lights and RainFX, bastardised from the other version of this track. The grass, lights and RainFX could be improved a lot (eg aircraft warning lights on the radio masts, drips from gantries, rescaled grass mapping to reduce tartan tiling etc). A backup copy of the original config is also included.
This is a good track, it just needs more TLC to get it on a par with the rF2 original.

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_pantera_gr4_actk_lochdrummond_22-9-121-11-3-26.jpg

Last edited:
Hey fellow simracers,

since maybe two or three days I noticed that some cars are suddenly loading with the wrong skin (not the skin I selected before loading). The only thing I remember changing, was tht I installed the new content manager version that was released lately.

View attachment 1081933

View attachment 1081934

Result:

View attachment 1081935

Very strange. Anyone experiencing the same effect? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction for fixing this!?

Thanx in advance
Alex

I'm having the same problem during track day or race with AI. If I choose the skin for the other cars these not always respect the original skin that I've assigned before, but now the problem seems fixed

Last edited:
That Loch Drummond is pretty good, very nice track to drive, but it would really need some Y- or X-shaped trees in front of those treelines. Treelines are not bad, I just think you're now supposed to see them as exposed as they are.

If you join the track in a single mesh, then you must do the same with the groups of elements and load them separately, if after joining the track in a single mesh and load the entire map in a single model, you will have a general performance of the map very poor.

edit: I mean, that the other elements like trees, buildings and other details you have to group them, make a .kn5 with each group and then load them into models.
Hey! Yeah I rendered all the road meshes separately in a single group just like trees and crowds. But I what I meant in the beginning was to createa single mesh and the 1ROAD meshed shinkwrapp to itt, so that I only have to make the modifications such as adding noise only at the spline mesh, do you know what I mean?

The problem I have is that the track is still bumpy even without any modifications.

It is fine for GT cars, but for Formulas it is still a problem, except for corners which I subdivided to increase the polycount, so it's much smoother. At corners every car is fine.

What I would like to know, is how do I smooth the straight roads? I tried simple subdivision to increase polys, decimate to descrease. Catmull-clark subdivision to the main spline and shrink wrap to the 1ROADS, but it didn't change much.

yeah you should join all sections into one and merge all duplicated vertices; but you will still get the gaps between the road and the offtrack terrain; if its too small it doesnt matter but if it´s too big and the car falls through you´ll have to take an extra step, hopefully it´s not too confusing:
-Make a copy of the subdivided mesh with the modifiers (or the original mesh, if you already applied the modifiers); change the subdivision type from calmut clark to simple
-select all the outer vertices, press crtl+i to invert the selection and make a vertex group with those inner vertices.
-add a shrinkwrap modifier set to nearest surface point and select your vertex group in the bottom box, wrap it to the mesh with the calmut clark subdivision.

Now there shouldn´t be any gaps between the edge of the road and the offtrack terrain and the inner part of the road should be smooth so you can use this new mesh as the physical one...
...but if the edges of the track are way too rough you could also join those with the road into one big object and subdivide that, then separate them back (by material) and add the noise to the road later. All those new smoothed surfaces would be your new physical meshes.
hopefully this helps lol
Ohh I see. I think I understood everything as you described. It all makes sense. Thank you very much for you explanation. I'm gonna try it as soon as I get home and edit here with feedback.

There's one from rF2 in the works, testing phase atm, but it's coming together nicely. It has the same feel as in rF2, so prepare for some extended fun. :dopey:
The best one available right now would be the AC track reboot, reworked by Legion.
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks
I was so excited to see this conversion of rF2 Sebring get teased. Laser-scanned Sebring is my dream track, and rF2 DLC being decrypted meant scanned Monaco, the other holy grail, was there for the taking too!

It's now been six months.

:(

full of stolen content, could you help to report?
Could you drop some proof?? Just so when both RD and the creator come back and say proof. We have some.

Here's a quick alternative skin with darker rocks, darker/desaturated mountains and trees, and some billboards.
As can be seen from the billboard DDS in the skin folder, there is a lot of unused artwork because a lot of billboards are missing in this conversion from rF2, and some artwork is repeated or mapped incorrectly.
There's also a new config in this download to add new GrassFX, night lights and RainFX, bastardised from the other version of this track. The grass, lights and RainFX could be improved a lot (eg aircraft warning lights on the radio masts.../...
These warning lights are present in the Chocolate cake version (as are differently colored team trucks and some variety in the flags in stead of all Scottish ones).

Last edited:
I was so excited to see this conversion of rF2 Sebring get teased. Laser-scanned Sebring is my dream track, and rF2 DLC being decrypted meant scanned Monaco, the other holy grail, was there for the taking too!

It's now been six months.

:(
this is available ?

To all the sound-modders in here. I have some material to work with for you.

As you may have seen. URD just released their Porsche 992 GT3 Cup, and it happens that I did a passenger lap in the real deal a week ago. I recorded a video which contain I think, good quality sound with a variety of samples, even with rev limiter.

I don't know if this is the right place to make this resource known for modders, I tried to reach out to Scibound, but didn't get any response. So if anyone of you want to do a sound mod for the URD 992 GT3 Cup, here's a link :

So if you want to do a mod yourself, or know someone. You can share that.

Cheers !

I'm having a problem with the distant terrain showing "holes" in High Force v1.0. I asked the author but he told me it looks fine in his end and suggested it may be related to CSP track settings.

20210919204132_1.jpg

20210919204341_1.jpg

Why is still 1.60 posted as recommended? Can't really get it...
I was thinking the other day actually, why is it that you can go right back to 1.25 and all thats inbetween up to 1.76 or whatever, plus all the patreon CSP's.
Not sure why they haven't pruned it all a bit. Is there any point at all in having anything below 1.60 available?
By all means have some resourse somewhere with them.
Find it odd.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back