Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,040 comments
Hey fellow simracers,

since maybe two or three days I noticed that some cars are suddenly loading with the wrong skin (not the skin I selected before loading). The only thing I remember changing, was tht I installed the new content manager version that was released lately.

View attachment 1081933

View attachment 1081934

Result:

View attachment 1081935

Very strange. Anyone experiencing the same effect? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction for fixing this!?

Thanx in advance
Alex
Problem seems to be solved. Reinstalled/Update Sol and CSP and (re)downloaded all car textures under settings. :-)

Hi All.
I have a lot on flickering in VR. Mainly on barriers and track side objects. Any ideas of how to stop this. Using latest CSP and Sol. Many thanks.

Hi guys.
I wanted to update the tire data for DRM mod.
I am not clear, however, what I have to do, specifically, with the "data.acd" file of each car.
Can anyone explain to me better?
Thanks
In order for us to work on the data, it has to be extracted from the data.acd condensed file. That's the only downside seeing as there's 20 different cars but it's the only way to make changes. MrBoo has the instructions right.
There is an install guide included with the mod but basically you do the following:

Use content manager to unpack the data (tab along the bottom in the content section of each car) and this will create a data folder - you will have to do this for every car in the DRM mod.
Then go into each cars folder and rename the data.acd to something like data.acd.old (again do this for each car)
Finally drag the contents of the install file into AC
Overwrite the files when asked.
Why thank you.

If you downloaded the new CSP, i figured out my "new" blurry situation. Before people were saying just check the AMD FidelityFX in Graphic Adjustments to make sure that was on ultra, and that you need to turn off Motion Blur in the Assetto Corsa Video settings. Well, with the new preview 92, I was getting blurry again, do all of the above, and in Extra FX uncheck the Active for Motion Blur, and the Active for Temporal anti-aliasing. My game now looks beautiful again and seemingly a boost of frames.

Kelly Moss Road & Race Multimatic DSSV Skin

__custom_showroom_1632254296.jpg

Download Link

Kelly Moss Road & Race Multimatic DSSV Seb Priaulx skin. Has people like my previous Porsche Carrera Cup North America skin I did one favourite livery in series.

All I can say is I do not have this problem. I just ran a race (single screen) with 10 of these cars at Zandvoort 2020 and the FPS never dropped below 100 and was smooth as silk. I have i7-10700K, RTX 2060 Super, 32G RAM, and most AC settings turned up. I saw someone was blaming the cars for being too high poly, but they have significantly less than the RSS 2021 Hybrid. By the way the braking of these cars is much improved by copying over the RSS brakes.ini settings.

However I believe you are not alone and that others have complained of similar problems. I'm just off to test a full grid.

EDIT: with a full grid, 90-100fps, very low CPU usage.

I don't think that AC with CSP / SOL etc is a good benchmark for this. (too many variables)
Basically if you can run MSFS2020 to an acceptable standard then you should be good to go in AC.
Trying to bench mark with AC where it could be a bad mod or track eating power, or wrong setting somewhere etc.
Same with AMS2, if i can run 30 AI in that, that is a good benchmark.

Secondly how is it that Sim Dream went from name like dirt, to full on meltdown and very public spat.
To now being a name that people advise we buy from and advertise their wares?

I mean i know the forum where you go to get this stuff for free, but not everyone does.
Promoting Sim Dream should not be accepable after what they did to simracer604...IMO...

Last edited:
correct. here's a video showing how to install SOL + CSP:

Finally got around watching it and doing it. It works now. I just did not figure out I had to become a patreon. These modders deserve some backing.

Question: How do I set the wipers to manually? I cannot find a configurable button for that.

And does AC with the mods have wet tyres?

It's insane the level of detail this 8 year old sim has now.

Thanks @El Locho for the help!

Hi! I am new to the forum. I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out whats happening here. After I changed the wheels Using 3DSimED3 it looks like this while I play.

Sorry if this is been answered before.

When you do something in 3dsimed and then export it, when importing the fbx into kseditor you have to re-assign the shading to the model.

But this will happen to you whatever tool you use.

Anyway, since you are starting I recommend using 3dsimed only to export fbx, and to work the model in 3dmax or blender, I prefer 3dmax

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask for some tips from the Blender gurus on how to make a better physics in AC.

Currently I'm converting a track from AMS and I'm trying to get better physics. Without touching the roads they're bumpy as hell, so I follewed Lilski's tutorials on how to improve them. I already turned them from tris to quads. I bumped the polycounts on the curves and lowered on the straights, but it still is a little bumpy. So i tried to make plannar faces but it didn't change much. Right now I'm out of ideas because I'm still pretty new to modding and Blender in general, so I wanted to hear what do you guys have to say.

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask for some tips from the Blender gurus on how to make a better physics in AC.

Currently I'm converting a track from AMS and I'm trying to get better physics. Without touching the roads they're bumpy as hell, so I follewed Lilski's tutorials on how to improve them. I already turned them from tris to quads. I bumped the polycounts on the curves and lowered on the straights, but it still is a little bumpy. So i tried to make plannar faces but it didn't change much. Right now I'm out of ideas because I'm still pretty new to modding and Blender in general, so I wanted to hear what do you guys have to say.

Cheers!
you shouldn´t have a problem if you follow his tutorials, just make sure you dont miss any details. Here´s the written guide:

edit: sorry, wrong link

edit 2: gee that guide doesn´t mention it explicitly but use the calmut clark subdivision in order to smooth out the road before you add any extra noise. Test your road before adding the noise to make sure there aren´t any nasty bumps left.
Also, reading your post I suppose you read the same guide; if you can go watch the video where he goes into some other details.

Last edited:
thanks and great work

but unfortunately simdream F1 2021 mod is very heavy i have very huge shuttering and CPU 99 % always

anyone else have same problem?? and is there any solution ?

thanks
there are fixes for the 99% CPU problems in general??? I don't mean to sound sarcastic but there are genuine fixes for this?

When you do something in 3dsimed and then export it, when importing the fbx into kseditor you have to re-assign the shading to the model.

But this will happen to you whatever tool you use.

Anyway, since you are starting I recommend using 3dsimed only to export fbx, and to work the model in 3dmax or blender, I prefer 3dmax
Thank you! How do I re-assign the shading?

you shouldn´t have a problem if you follow his tutorials, just make sure you dont miss any details. Here´s the written guide:

edit: sorry, wrong link

edit 2: gee that guide doesn´t mention it explicitly but use the calmut clark subdivision in order to smooth out the road before you add any extra noise. Test your road before adding the noise to make sure there aren´t any nasty bumps left.
Also, reading your post I suppose you read the same guide; if you can go watch the video where he goes into some other details.
Thank you for the tip and for replying.

Indeed I was reading this tutorial.

I didn't understand that part really, where he uses the calmut clark subdivision. To be honest I tried using it but it would create holes on the edges where the roads and meshes connect, so I used the simple division one.

After using the calmut clark subdivision and than adding noise, will it fix this issue?

Thinking about it now, maybe I should join all the road meshed in a single one, and shinkwrap the separeted ones into it just like on his tutorial, but use the calmut clark subdivision to the main one, right? I don't know, I'm kinda lost haha

Cheers

I didn't understand that part really, where he uses the calmut clark subdivision. To be honest I tried using it but it would create holes on the edges where the roads and meshes connect, so I used the simple division one.

After using the calmut clark subdivision and than adding noise, will it fix this issue?

Thinking about it now, maybe I should join all the road meshed in a single one, and shinkwrap the separeted ones into it just like on his tutorial, but use the calmut clark subdivision to the main one, right? I don't know, I'm kinda lost haha

Cheers
If you join the track in a single mesh, then you must do the same with the groups of elements and load them separately, if after joining the track in a single mesh and load the entire map in a single model, you will have a general performance of the map very poor.

edit: I mean, that the other elements like trees, buildings and other details you have to group them, make a .kn5 with each group and then load them into models.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I'm not really a modder, but I've purchased a mod for a local laserscanned track near me; it's still in beta so there's not even a link I can point you yet. However, the purpose of this beta (discount aside) is to help improve the track... but I haven't been able to use it.

It's stuck on loading, after it loads the track and the car, then it gets stuck on "Miscellaneous Preparation" - Replays... and after 2 minutes it returns to CM or a crash happens.
20210921191712_1.jpg

This only happens with this track, so far we (me and the mod creator) have tried:
  • Use a "lighter" version of the track (without the alternate layouts)
  • Tried different CSP versions.
  • Place the track config file, in the extension folder or in the track folder.
  • All race modes (doesn't change a thing)
  • I've reset my CM (by renaming the settings folder) and it loaded, yet still took lots of time to load, even though the track files are smaller than the Nordschleife, LA Canyons, Targa Florio, etc, all of them load in about 25s-35s...

So I'm guessing it might be a CM or CSP settings, but I don't know what it is and I don't want to lose my settings and start over for one single track... Any pointers?

Has anyone tried the latest version of the Momentum that's at Assettoland?

Do you think the steering ratio is like a delivery truck?

Of course it's encrypted, so we can't fix it, so unless someone can contact the authors, it's another example of a mod that could be good, but has some issue that's ruining it that no one else can fix.

The author is listed as T0rqu3 & Hydrag4

preview.jpg

Last edited:

Cheers
yeah you should join all sections into one and merge all duplicated vertices; but you will still get the gaps between the road and the offtrack terrain; if its too small it doesnt matter but if it´s too big and the car falls through you´ll have to take an extra step, hopefully it´s not too confusing:
-Make a copy of the subdivided mesh with the modifiers (or the original mesh, if you already applied the modifiers); change the subdivision type from calmut clark to simple
-select all the outer vertices, press crtl+i to invert the selection and make a vertex group with those inner vertices.
-add a shrinkwrap modifier set to nearest surface point and select your vertex group in the bottom box, wrap it to the mesh with the calmut clark subdivision.

Now there shouldn´t be any gaps between the edge of the road and the offtrack terrain and the inner part of the road should be smooth so you can use this new mesh as the physical one...
...but if the edges of the track are way too rough you could also join those with the road into one big object and subdivide that, then separate them back (by material) and add the noise to the road later. All those new smoothed surfaces would be your new physical meshes.
hopefully this helps lol

So I'm guessing it might be a CM or CSP settings, but I don't know what it is and I don't want to lose my settings and start over for one single track... Any pointers?
You might find something if you check the crash logs, but to me it sounds more like a track problem than a CM/CSP one.
Can the creator run the track or does it crash for him too? (also, wasn´t thet track already done? is there a public laser scan for colombia?)

If the track crashes for both of you then check that the folder structure is correct: ai, data and ui folders minimum, ai folder can be empty, make sure all the ini and json files are correct, match the main kn5 name with the track´s folder name (usually doesnt matter but still)
If its none of that then the problem might be in the 3d model

Thank you. Please if anyone cold adjust the engine power/tyres grip etc. It is currently lapping Le Mans (FM7) at 2:55 the simulated run by Bugatti clocked around 3:07
Good point that you've brought this up. I've made some tweaks, and hopefully should lap within Bugatti's theoretical lap times (100% AI and Optimum track surface on LM FM7 do 3.10s, while I do believe humans can do better than that in the same conditions). Moreover, I'm using the production version's output and weight, ui information, as well as factoring in the power losses from an AWD system than the standard 15%. Also, I'm done with this. Thank you all.

Last edited:
Finally got around watching it and doing it. It works now. I just did not figure out I had to become a patreon. These modders deserve some backing.

Question: How do I set the wipers to manually? I cannot find a configurable button for that.

And does AC with the mods have wet tyres?

It's insane the level of detail this 8 year old sim has now.

Thanks @El Locho for the help!
The automatic wipers can be controlled via the SOL Planner app either in-game or in the settings (-1 = automatic, 0 = off, 1 = slow, etc.).
Screenshot 2021-09-22 074858.jpg

Button mapping:
Screenshot 2021-09-22 074548.PNG.jpg

Wet tyres are a (visual) CSP feature but might not be available for all cars. The rain physics come from using the "Use extended physics" toggle on the "Drive" tab.

Last edited:
Talking about settings, is there one of those settings to adjust rain and wiper sound or is it down to adjust it per car using the extension folder of a particular car?
Rain and wiper sound isnt controlled by CSP but by SOL. Check page 12 of SOL Config (v2.1), there you can adjust the basic rain sound. AFAIR the wiper sound is related to the sound of rain, but I'm not completely sure.
Of course it's encrypted, so we can't fix it, so unless someone can contact the authors, it's another example of a mod that could be good, but has some issue that's ruining it that no one else can fix.
Had this discussion with the author at fecebook and he wasnt really willing to change something. TBH I wasnt amused that CSP1.75/CSP1.76pxx was required, bc at that time I wasnt using 76p1 due to some bugs.

I just decided not to use it and keep v0.9 of the Momentum instead.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the latest version of the Momentum that's at Assettoland?

Do you think the steering ratio is like a delivery truck?

The author is listed as T0rqu3 & Hydrag4

View attachment 1081988
forgot this MOD, 3.6 million faces and no LOD, completely unusable, a real mess

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back