Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,785 comments
They need lot more work on them to bring up to good standard of mod with CSP/Rainfx
since when is rainfx a good standart? you literally need a paid csp version for it to even appear. first should be fixed the missing fitments on the cars, then you can bring up functionality of meshes and textures. a kunos standard mod also doesnt revolve arround rainfx, its a goodie ilja lets you pay for. after the car is mildly good setuped (shaders textures etc) and yes the tcrs have ao, just so weak you wont notice it much, its fairly easy to redo and make it better. sofar i just heared everyone crying about them.

and for clarity reassons, these cars are not stolen models nor ripped. theyve been build from scratch and thus are not tommys nor rollovers. as theyre league content they have obviously a focus for performance and not eye candy so nobody cared for fancy animations you would never use cause their purpose is to race with them on the simracing.gp servers.

since when is rainfx a good standart? you literally need a paid csp version for it to even appear. first should be fixed the missing fitments on the cars, then you can bring up functionality of meshes and textures. a kunos standard mod also doesnt revolve arround rainfx, its a goodie ilja lets you pay for. after the car is mildly good setuped (shaders textures etc) and yes the tcrs have ao, just so weak you wont notice it much, its fairly easy to redo and make it better. sofar i just heared everyone crying about them.

and for clarity reassons, these cars are not stolen models nor ripped. theyve been build from scratch and thus are not tommys nor rollovers. as theyre league content they have obviously a focus for performance and not eye candy so nobody cared for fancy animations you would never use cause their purpose is to race with them on the simracing.gp servers.
So Tommys TCR cars are ripped conversions, the models at least?
If so he is doing what simdream does yet gets people shilling his stuff on here?

@benbaron were Guerrilla involved in these official TCR cars as per a suggestion on RD?
I thought I'd read that Rollovers were guilty.
Sorry, not 'guilty'... I meant 'responsible'.
hum I see some guys laughing at your comment .... probably haters as usual !
You would be surprise about some " famous names " involved into those TCR models ....
I have no intention to disrespect people involved or what ever **** mentality from RD cancer guys wants to show off
You saw my latest work , you really think I would release or being involve in this crap stuff ?
As far as I heard , the guys didnot get enough time to do this official mod properly ... sad
Rollover is not Guerilla ? I even don t know who those guys are 🤣
Guerilla ( somebody from the team ) only did the sound for the cars , we were not involved in any other stuff and we didnot know how crap the models were ...

According to the Guerilla Modding Facebook page, they were responsible for all or some of the sounds in the pack
just sound , if you don t know accurately , just don t talk !

always like that with people that cant read, but what you gonna do... true that ive never stated the mod to be tommys or rollovers. ill try to get something out of them for the sake of better textures this eve. maybe ill get some pictures here aswell
I dont know if you can read but i only stated that IF ! Tommy would have ripped the cars he would have some sources to go for.
BUT i also wrote that i dont think he had done so! i bought all his mods and i believe that they are all scratch made.

That's interesting to hear and (if true) would put the 'ripped content supported by RD' argument to bed. People are going to need to see the receipts first though, as a lot of people (myself included) are a little dubious, especially after cars in this pack try to update/overwrite old existing (and allegedly ripped) content from Rollovers.
Hopefully the truth will out.

That's interesting to hear and (if true) would put the 'ripped content supported by RD' argument to bed. People are going to need to see the receipts first though, as a lot of people (myself included) are a little dubious, especially after cars in this pack try to update/overwrite old existing (and allegedly ripped) content from Rollovers.
Hopefully the truth will out.
you can check it by comparing them side by side in showroom. the models arent ripped and have been scratch build for some months now, compared to rss it would be like a 3-4 years job doing all what they did. ofc there is room for improvement, cant be denied that its league content which has to run on potato pcs tho

I'm not getting to argument over what makes a good standard of mod & yes they do need re meshing, especially Hyundai. I only download the Audi & Hyundai as don't have them in my TCR mod section but would Benbaron said the guys didn't have another time to get mod ready and what they come up with will work for league. People within the Community need to look what mod is for or do own improvements likewise, I'm doing some personally modifications to make it work properly ie dash displays and add some skins to them.

you can check it by comparing them side by side in showroom. the models arent ripped and have been scratch build for some months now, compared to rss it would be like a 3-4 years job doing all what they did. ofc there is room for improvement, cant be denied that its league content which has to run on potato pcs tho
Might be worth you posting evidence of this in the thread at RD - a few people seem convinced that these are old models, and possibly ripped from other games.
Someone will probably compare the meshes soon in Blender/Max anyway, that's what normally happens when doubt exists.

Last edited:
Anyone know who made the Safety Car skins for the Guerrilla Mods Aston Martin Vantage GT4 (v072)?

preview.jpg

Assetto-Corsa-Screenshot-2021-10-19-20-15-06-65.png

Wondering if the F1 skin was ever updated to work with the improved v083 version of the car.

It's higher quality than the (F1 Mania?) Mercedes safety car (same basic light bar model though), has a rear-camera monitor in the cockpit and the lightbar is functional albeit dim.

I haven't figured out how to make the lights brighter or appear further away, tried playing with ext_config but all I've managed is changing the colors and blinking rate. I've seen some police car mods (e.g. Dodge Charger) with great looking light bars.

Niche kind of car mod I know, just adds some novelty and reset-opportunity to races. Not many sims let you roleplay Bernd Mayländer while holding up a grid of F1 cars. :)

Q: is there any reasonable (easy) way to convert camera files for a reverse layout from the standard route?
Great curiosity question - Unfortunately, not aware of any App out there that would in theory 'reverse' the camera-data... If there were such an App, in most circumstances some manual-editing would be required.

Based on experience in this space, there is one key data-attribute that would require editing in order to be used in a reverse-layout, i.e. (i) IN/OUT POINTS (car-view-timing/s) - this is mainly due to the different 'timings' needed to accommodate the car going in the opposite direction...

Another data-attribute that would require editing - but not necessarily, would be the (ii) POSITION (cam-location) - this being dependant whether the camera would cover-off the angle/s of visibility (line-of-sight), meaning that if the same POSITION data (cam-location) can view the car entirely/clearly in a reverse-layout configuration...

For these reasons I would first apply changes to the IN/OUT POINTS (timings), review in replay for effectiveness, and then edit the POSITION/S (cam-location) as/if necessary.

Hope this info-snippet addresses your curious Q post.

Last edited:
Might be worth you posting evidence of this in the thread at RD - a few people seem convinced that these are old models, and possibly ripped from other games.
Someone will probably compare the meshes soon in Blender/Max anyway, that's what normally happens when doubt exists.
ive told the same on the urd and rss discord already, and tbf im not eager joining this mess of conversation on rd. its almost like a fakenews wave which you cant controll

@racealot & @CrisT86
re: reversing cameras
IF I was a python guru I could probably write such a script...

##/usr/bin/python
#logic
reverse order [CAMERA_0] to [CAMERA_(last entry)]
then
reverse order [CAMERA_(the rest)]
then
transpose (IN_POINT =(value) -> OUT_POINT=(value)

# might get you in the ballpark!
# possible bug
# your POSITION= / FORWARD= values may be wrong

# I explored sides*.csv but reversing that is crazy, unless:
# -255.5701,-0.8193,65.9785,0.001095 (reverse the bold (and reorder the reversed entries + rename file left to right/right to left)
#
# thank you for your indulgences!

Last edited:
ive told the same on the urd and rss discord already, and tbf im not eager joining this mess of conversation on rd. its almost like a fakenews wave which you cant controll
I'm still not sure from your reply: does this proof about the models being scratch-made exist or not? Or has this claim come straight from Rollovers and remains unsubstantiated?

on top of that , GT planet community got the opportunity to improve the models, no ? everything is unencrypted ^^ so , if some guys wants to have TCR cars , you got very good base now !)

I'm still not sure from your reply: does this proof about the models being scratch-made exist or not? Or has this claim come straight from Rollovers and remains unsubstantiated?
i know from a source which i cant name, that the models are scratch made by laserscanns of the cars. rollovers hasnt claimed anything in that regard, theyre rather dead.

on top of that , GT planet community got the opportunity to improve the models, no ? everything is unencrypted ^^ so , if some guys wants to have TCR cars , you got very good base now !)
actk approved versions tomorrow, i see it coming

Another thing I've noticed: are the colliders well done? Looking at the elantra, honda and peugeot they seems to be not right. (It's a question, I'm not a collider expert 😂 )

Update: Hotfix v1.0.5. for AC Legends GTC60's pack

Changelog v1.05:
  • All models: corrected underbody shadows, windows 7 compatible
  • All cars: updated data.acd (physics file), date stamp of 18-10-2021, added AI fuel usage file, to prevent instant refueling

• Alfa; Increased transmission losses for BoP reasons
  • Bizzarrini; added brake temperatures, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Corvette C2 Corrected %weight distribution, adjusted setup range, added engine damage, Fixed flipped mirrors, corrected body & tyre shadows, corrected Coca Cola skin, added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Elan; Texture format fix in .kn5 model(for win7 users), added shift animation (thanks to ApexVGear) Fixed dashboard lighting
  • Ferr. GTO S2; added refractive headlights, fixed flipped mirrors
  • Healey 3000; SFX update, more pronounced inline six race engine sound, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • E-type LM; Corrected inertia. Texture format fix (for win7 users) in .kn5 model, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • MB 300SL; Adjusted cockpit Brightness and Dashboard lights, Added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Porsche 904; Corrected front suspension to fix bumpsteer, Added AI fuel_cons.ini, Model tweaks
  • Porsche 911; Reduced transmission losses for BoP reasons. Adjusted Dashboard light brightness
  • Cobra Comp; Texture format fix (for win7 users) in .kn5 model; added AI fuel_cons.ini
  • Shelby GT350R Added AI fuel_cons.ini

Download: AC Legends GTC60's pack Hotfix - Patch v1.05
Thank you very much!
Your update is a great example of developer-to-consumer feedback! It's a shame that not everyone has this attitude.
Good luck and thanks again for your work!

i know from a source which i cant name, that the models are scratch made by laserscanns of the cars. rollovers hasnt claimed anything in that regard, theyre rather dead.
So in other words, no proof exists?
And by laser scanned, you mean drawn on the back of an envelope with one of these laser pen biros?
;)

****ty_laser_pen_wank_twat.jpg

(seriously though.. if those models are laser scanned... what a waste of money THAT was)

Last edited:
iks
Great work so far! For a base conversion it is already quite good. The main problem to me is the AI on the oval, which is unraceable. They drive but crash and don't complete more than 1 or 2 laps.

h53459.png
Thank you for the feedback! I'm addressing this issue already. There's a problem with the GP layout too which was reported to me yesterday.

I already fixed some stuff from the track and I plan to fix the AI today. And if everything goes fine I'll release the update today.

In the recent past i planned to work on Jacarepagua, but now, with the new conversion made by @mordido i stopped my work on it (was on a very early stage) and started my own on his track which lacks on ext_config side

This is the WIP at the moment:

View attachment 1087200

It will be ready when... ready, hope for the weekend ;)
Thank you for the support! I was hoping you would do extension for this track, I love your work.

I got plans to add more lights to the track mainly the oval part, do you think it's gonna be a problem for you extension to be updated when I do this?

Y'all know where the old car previews end up when you change them ? They don't appear in the bin but they clutter my /C drive... But now, in which folder idk.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back