Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,746 comments
umb
Hi dears, attached a little model comparation between TCR official cars and Tommy78 ones. Seems that official TCr are not so bad.
IDK, seems to me that looking at both versions of that Giulietta, they have good and bad parts about them IMO. But generally the official one seems to be the best looking for me overall, frankly I would like to improve it from there and make better quality skins for it and the rest of the pack if I'm ever allowed to, should I ever ask for permission in someway after I'll learn modeling eventually

ACTK Cremona Circuit v1.2
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1366

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_cremona_19-9-121-20-28-16.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_cremona_19-9-121-20-27-20.jpg

Screenshot_ascari_kz1r_gt3_actk_cremona_19-9-121-20-30-39.jpg

Last edited:
Have R3E models been ripped yet? I believe we have seen the new macau only
I've seen quite A LOT of models from that game ripped and converted to AC in the past, the only public one we got is the Carlsson SLK Judd used in hill climbing, while the rest was ripped by a certain brazilian modder called Fernando Valentim (also known as by his "studio" name 1st Racing Studio) who used Ninja Ripper to rip them all. I used to chat with him quite a bit of times on WhatsApp and Discord since he's part of a group in the former and server called Electronic Racing League. He strangely didn't want to share any of his converted mods at all and always kept them private, he sometimes told me he would've privately shared one to me whenever I asked him, but probably due to his weak english level, and personal life that never happened at all, he even did the same with iRacing models as well.

Although he also told me he got reported a couple of times from the developers of R3E for stealing their models and converting them to AC, he even allegedly used some for a championship event for ERL.

umb
Virus detected on my pc.... Trojan:Script/Sabsik.TE.A!ml :-(
I didn't think a course mod would have files included that could cause a trojan, but ran it through my virus software, Malewarebytes and Virus Total. Clean all around. Maybe check with what software gave you this notice. It may be specific about source or file it feels is a trojan.

WSC Ltd have posted on RD confirming that all of the TCR cars are 100% scratch-built.
to which i say
laughing GIF

IDK, seems to me that looking at both versions of that Giulietta, they have good and bad parts about them IMO. But generally the official one seems to be the best looking for me overall, frankly I would like to improve it from there and make better quality skins for it and the rest of the pack if I'm ever allowed to, should I ever ask for permission in someway after I'll learn modeling eventually
Dont hold your breath, seems like they are pretty happy with what they have, which lets be honest at this point in time is a flaming golden turd which theyve polished to a eye-squinting shine. as they say "you can polish a turd, its still a turd"

For @Ken134 @rjwylie @badbob099, some good news.
After updating the AC Legends GTC pack with Hotfix 1.0.5, and turning ABS off, in the Setup menu, my G920 is behaving again with the Porsche 904! (Spoiler: For me, it was easy worth the wait to drive this car.)

Hope it works for y'all too.

Huge thanks to @_Bazza_ for sticking with it, and not giving up. The real deal. 👏 👏 👏

Anyone know where you get this car mod that is listed as updated in Bazza's hotfix? It's the ac_legends_gtc_tvr_griffith_200. It wasn't included in the v1.0 pack I downloaded originally unless I just missed an updated along the way that included it. The Griffith from RD doesn't have the same folder name so i'm assuming it's not the one I need.

Last edited:
Anyone know where you get this car mod that is listed as updated in Bazza's hotfix? It's the ac_legends_gtc_tvr_griffith_200. It wasn't included in the v1.0 pack I downloaded originally unless I just missed an updated along the way that included it. The Griffith from RD doesn't have the same folder name so i'm assuming it's not the one I need.
I believe it's a private mod and references to it were simply an error in the hotfix packaging.

It's on RaceDepartment. You can go download it right now. Don't need the shadows or the folder name. Just integrate it into the pack. It's BoP'd and ready to go as is. All you have to do is adjust the Content Manager name and tags to associate with GTC pack.

I believe it's a private mod and references to it were simply an error in the hotfix packaging.
Thank you. Now I can stop searching for it.

It's on RaceDepartment. You can go download it right now. Don't need the shadows or the folder name. Just integrate it into the pack. It's BoP'd and ready to go as is. All you have to do is adjust the Content Manager name and tags to associate with GTC pack.
Thank you. I thought maybe the one in the hotfix was a newer version or something because of the different folder name.

No virus on my side, but a lot of trees are missing

Something wacky with the sky dome / background terrain wall.

View attachment 1087448
@samdale12 Just add this to his own ext_config (while i'm working on mine as soon as possible to improve what can be improved....)

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = BG
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

Last edited:
You can find them all at his Navarra circuit.
My house is sorrounded too, there's a big one (now reduced for safety reasons) which was very scary during thinderstorm and, him alone can fill the whole Cremona circuit landscape ahahahahah

EDIT: Found the problem with the trees.....

You need to edit the models.ini and correct it from

[MODEL_0]
FILE=actk_cremona.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=trees.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=tyres.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

to

[MODEL_0]
FILE=actk_cremona.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_1]
FILE=trees.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

[MODEL_2]
FILE=tyres.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Last edited:
Can anyone hook me up with:

1 - Omnitel / Palanga Circuit
2 - latest version of Ibarra - is terra21 2021 version latest? i saw some updates on here from other users

i checked the google doc spreadsheet but both links are down.

thanks

No problem at all, you're welcome, do this kind of work is way easier than doing on a old conversion.

While you're at it be sure to

• When adding light, call the glass of the pole (as separate object as you already did) in a different way (mesh and materials) in order let me be able to balance the lights better
  • If you can, replace the grass texture with something "better" (the original one looks "fake", at least for my eyes, but i can do it too if you don't have time for it)
  • check the material used for the pitlane teams (the texture seems repeated on the object)

Thanks for your work, much much appreciated ;)
Awesome! This is great to know, I'll keep this noted for the upcoming updates. And those textures I used as placeholders, It would be great if you could change them for the better, yes! I'm still just learning, and the texture/material realm still very new to me.

I sort of welcome the TCR mod. I downloaded it and kept any models that I didn't have a duplicate of already, and the Tommy78 versions of the duplicate cars I left. So I'm glad the mod exists to some degree because at least I got a Hyundai Elantra TCR out of it (I drive a base Elantra), but I kept the Tommy78 versions for the rest of them and deleted the "official" mods.

Although I will say that the official mod makes a good sound pack for the Tommy78 cars. That's something positive about the mod, the sounds they come with. The Tommy78 version just reuses the Audi TT sound on each which gets a little annoying.

Last edited:
Trust me, there's better TCR options than this. Tmm cupra, assettomods hosting the improved rip of Tommy's 2018 mod. Etc etc
LOL I found out Assettomod is hosting the WTCR version me and maki123 improved. They have the V2.0, but the latest version is 3.0
Download

I haven't checked the models so I won't judge them directly.

I'm just going to say that being laser scanned and having holes are two separate things. Laser scan can provide raw data and then modeling work comes based on that data. Raw data can be good, model can be worse.

It's like you using very good acc 3d models as source and then somehow making a lot of mistakes while converting them to ac.
But while I'm modding for fun, in my spare time, and I don't act like Mr. I Knows Everything, I guess the guys who made the TCR models were paid to convert them. That hole is huge, it's impossible not to see it while checking the model, before releasing the car publicly.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back