Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,799 comments
imho, these are the same base 3d (the way that back fender line has the exact same (one sided) gap and all the contours match up. or I am very blind. (Tommy version obviously has AO added and possibly some smoothing)

I'm not a modder, but if TCR virtual staff and Tommy used the same car as a reference, is not normal that both will look almost the same?

Btw I see some difference in the round intake holes in the front bumper. (Size and position)

Did Tommy say something about? Is possible that they had some agreement?

That's a very honest message.

hi, what is the best and more updated version of Albert park Circuit Melbourne to date?
I was sure that melbourne_2019 was the best one, but i have seen last days that there is also a 2021 version that seems to be different, and not sure if it is better..
need you opinion, thanks!
thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback! I'm addressing this issue already. There's a problem with the GP layout too which was reported to me yesterday.

I already fixed some stuff from the track and I plan to fix the AI today. And if everything goes fine I'll release the update today.

Thank you for the support! I was hoping you would do extension for this track, I love your work.

I got plans to add more lights to the track mainly the oval part, do you think it's gonna be a problem for you extension to be updated when I do this?
No problem at all, you're welcome, do this kind of work is way easier than doing on a old conversion.

While you're at it be sure to

• When adding light, call the glass of the pole (as separate object as you already did) in a different way (mesh and materials) in order let me be able to balance the lights better
  • If you can, replace the grass texture with something "better" (the original one looks "fake", at least for my eyes, but i can do it too if you don't have time for it)
  • check the material used for the pitlane teams (the texture seems repeated on the object)

Thanks for your work, much much appreciated ;)

@racealot & @CrisT86
re: reversing cameras
IF I was a python guru I could probably write such a script...

##/usr/bin/python
#logic
reverse order [CAMERA_0] to [CAMERA_(last entry)]
then
reverse order [CAMERA_(the rest)]
then
transpose (IN_POINT =(value) -> OUT_POINT=(value)

# might get you in the ballpark!
# possible bug
# your POSITION= / FORWARD= values may be wrong

# I explored sides*.csv but reversing that is crazy, unless:
# -255.5701,-0.8193,65.9785,0.001095 (reverse the bold (and reorder the reversed entries + rename file left to right/right to left)
#
# thank you for your indulgences!
Already tried manually, but as said, AC works from 0 to 1, so once you reverse the camera order you have to guess the "perfect" in and out point, which imho it takes longer than doing cameras from scratch unfortunately.

That's why i also have to make new cameras each time also for different layouts because there's no way, unless spend a lot of time, to move the camera for another layout in the 3D space easily

Wondering if this livery is still not out there, and maybe enticing someone to do it? I'm completing a JGTC 2000 grid and would love to have the best trueno run there:

Car is available on assettoland with white paint only.

Wondering if this livery is still not out there, and maybe enticing someone to do it? I'm completing a JGTC 2000 grid and would love to have the best trueno run there:

Car is available on assettoland with white paint only.
I have it and I can share it, dunno if I can post the download link here or only in private though

A great pack (as expected).😻
I noticed one thing so far: Alfa 33 Corsa wiper covers only the right hand side of the windscreen and is of little use for the driver.
Could the range be extended ?

Update: Hotfix v1.0.5. for AC Legends GTC60's pack
Alfa; Increased transmission losses for BoP reasons
Re the Alfa.
Don't know if you missed my previous post about it (or you don't drive in the rain and forgot about it) 🙃

But this is how far to the drivers' side the wiper goes.
It would be nice to see the wiper covering the left part of the screen too...

alfa.png

Edit: I got an update for a TVR Griffith_200, but I don't seem to have that car ? Excuse me if I missed something, have been away from the rig for a week due to surgery...
Edit2: nevermind edit above, I found the car.

Last edited:
Re the Alfa.
Don't know if you missed my previous post about it (or you don't drive in the rain and forgot about it) 🙃

View attachment 1087401

Edit: I got an update for a TVR Griffith_200, but I don't seem to have that car ? Excuse me if I missed something, have been away from the rig for a week due to surgery...
On the VAC discord he said the tvr files were a mistake.
As its a private mod and he didnt want to upload it with the hotfix.

Heineken animation is ready.
Will be included in Monza extension and upcoming ones as well.

Does anybody know if there’s a way to switch textures files dynamically (conditions don’t seem to work in this case)?

Amazing work Pyyer. It takes an incredible amount of time to get this done right. Thank you for these game changing efforts.

imho, these are the same base 3d (the way that back fender line has the exact same (one sided) gap and all the contours match up. or I am very blind. (Tommy version obviously has AO added and possibly some smoothing)
At a quick glance, without seeing the mesh, I'd say those are not the same model. The depth of the front air intake/driving light hole are quite different, as are the edges of the hood air vent... gotta see the mesh though.

I can only see sleight differences in the front air dam/intake, but it seems all other details are pretty much intact.
You are the 2nd person who only noted the front end being ever so slightly different (as well, other elements look a little smoothed and not original difference as expected from 2 clean mesh efforts). Tommy's looks like a smoothed version of the other

of course I could be wrong

Last edited:
Since the topic at the moment is TCR, does anyone have an acceleration problem on Tommy78's Lync & Co? From a standing start the car has a lot of trouble when I shift into 1st gear. I have no problem on the other WTCR 2019

I can only see sleight differences in the front air dam/intake, but it seems all other details are pretty much intact.
You are the 2nd person who only noted the front end being ever so slightly different (as well, other elements look a little smoothed and not original difference as expected from 2 clean mesh efforts). Tommy's looks like a smoothed version of the other

of course I could be wrong
In my opinion these do not derive from the same model. There are many differences. Not only the front intakes but also the seam across the wing leaves the headlight cluster from a different place and crosses the flare from the wheel arch in a different place as well. The door handle is on a different line compared to the crease along the top of the door. Wing mirrors are slightly different shape. The bonnet catches are in a different position relative to the front edge of the bonnet. I can see quite a few other subtle differences.

None of that means I believe the official cars were scratch-built from original laser scans. As Mascott suggests, if that is true they need to request a refund. Very many 3D models made in the past few years originate in laser scans of a real life example. It's pretty difficult to ensure accuracy from blueprints and photographs.

sofar i just heared everyone crying about them.
Nope. I didn't. :)

As usual, someone inflamed the opinion of some dumb followers, that came out and kept the inflame job.
Just because they wanted to join the majority.
hi, what is the best and more updated version of Albert park Circuit Melbourne to date?
I was sure that melbourne_2019 was the best one, but i have seen last days that there is also a 2021 version that seems to be different, and not sure if it is better..
need you opinion, thanks!
thanks!
Here we go...

Download both and decide yourself! Jeeeez

and for clarity reassons, these cars are not stolen models nor ripped. theyve been build from scratch and thus are not tommys nor rollovers. as theyre league content they have obviously a focus for performance and not eye candy so nobody cared for fancy animations you would never use cause their purpose is to race with them on the simracing.gp servers.
LOL Sounds like a bad excuse to make crappy mods. It's always about performance on craptastic mods. Truth to be told, TCR probably doesn't even have the budget or time to produce a decent mod. All they want is to quickly set up some e-sport events and hope to get some attention from the hype. The amount of dumb decision made from clueless executives is to blame here.

umb
Hi dears, attached a little model comparation between TCR official cars and Tommy78 ones. Seems that official TCr are not so bad.
To be honest i see BIG difference in terms of quality, even in this low-res images. You can clearly see the difference in the small details like the lights, the whole block of TCR is a blocky meshes, while T78 is smooth and texturized...

In my opinion these do not derive from the same model. There are many differences. Not only the front intakes but also the seam across the wing leaves the headlight cluster from a different place and crosses the flare from the wheel arch in a different place as well. The door handle is on a different line compared to the crease along the top of the door. Wing mirrors are slightly different shape. The bonnet catches are in a different position relative to the front edge of the bonnet. I can see quite a few other subtle differences.

None of that means I believe the official cars were scratch-built from original laser scans. As Mascott suggests, if that is true they need to request a refund. Very many 3D models made in the past few years originate in laser scans of a real life example. It's pretty difficult to ensure accuracy from blueprints and photographs.
It's very possible that the cars were modelled specifically for this series, either from scratch (via laserscans as has been claimed?) or by editing previous models. Hopefully we'll get some clarification from RD themselves soon enough. It seems to be a bone of contention.
I'm guessing different people (or teams) worked on different cars (or some didn't have enough time to be finished properely) because the quality varies quite considerably between different cars. The Cupra and the Lynk look more refined than some of the others, although basic stuff like selecting a suitable driver for the cockpit and ensuring hands stay on the steering wheel haven't been done well at all and is always an immersion-killer in VR. This is often an afterthought though as most people drive in 2D and a lot have the driver disabled anyway. Regardless, it's sloppy as it's such an easy fix.
With regard to any "stop criticising, it's free!" comments, it's worth remembering that 'free' stuff is very rarely free. The personal data we traded for the mods is a valuable commodity.

pigs.png

Last edited:
It's pretty opaque, isn't it. Even when the mods are not encrypted! I doubt that any of the current crop of race cars will have comprehensive data available to the public, hence IER cars are typically 3-4 years old. I think their cars are probably the most faithful in terms of data. That said, people do rate the RSS and (the newer) URD cars quite highly and they are representations of current cars.

If you go too far back to historical cars though data sometimes becomes scarce as well. Tyres in particular. I recommend cars by Stereo and Aphidgod over at RD if you're into that sort of thing. Also @Bazza's new pack here seems to be based on extensively researched data. I would love to know what were the "artistic" interpretations though.

I have doubts about Tommy's cars after seeing that he chose the wrong suspension implementation for his 90s DTM cars (https://www.racedepartment.com/down...cs-for-ac-dtm-1991-car-pack-by-tommy78.36298/). VRC have on at least their 1990 IMSA GTO chevrette skipped over the obvious suspension implementation choice too. No idea if it will be released to the public, but project cosmic looks like a step forward for AC to address some of these sorts of problems (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/the-what-are-you-working-on-thread.126119/post-3438076).

If anybody has any other recommendations specifically for the real data freaks, I'd love to hear.
He has received real data and feedback on his TCR mods from irl drivers & people involved within wtcr, so your claims are unfounded. The 90s DTM cars would I agree be more hard to find accurate data and or people who drove them who would be available to give details.
But I don’t care about the championship. I’ll never race in championships as I’m no where near good enough to do well.

i just wanted some new cars to play around with on my own.
Trust me, there's better TCR options than this. Tmm cupra, assettomods hosting the improved rip of Tommy's 2018 mod. Etc etc
So Tommys TCR cars are ripped conversions, the models at least?
If so he is doing what simdream does yet gets people shilling his stuff on here?
He does not rip, he scratch builds. I suggest you check them out if you don't believe me.
There would be various sources he could have ripped from.. rre forza ... dont know.. dont think he is that kind of a guy.
He definitely isn't, just look at the quality of the product he is creating, it is high level attention to detail.
I'm not a modder, but if TCR virtual staff and Tommy used the same car as a reference, is not normal that both will look almost the same?

Btw I see some difference in the round intake holes in the front bumper. (Size and position)

Did Tommy say something about? Is possible that they had some agreement?

That's a very honest message.
Tommy & WSC do not have any agreement, he has said so himself.
Since the topic at the moment is TCR, does anyone have an acceleration problem on Tommy78's Lync & Co? From a standing start the car has a lot of trouble when I shift into 1st gear. I have no problem on the other WTCR 2019
Best to inform him yourself, go & join his discord. While your there check out his latest postings regarding the TCR Europe e-series last year & his contacts from wtcr etc.

I appeal to all application programmers on assetto corsa someone could release an apli or each car would have XP and levels according to the data of content manager of course (for example according to the kilometers traveled of the races won challenges etc) and why not even posted them online later than you think?

I don't remember where I got it so I uploaded it to Mega for you. I am also behind the JGTC.
Thank you.

Re the Alfa.

View attachment 1087401

Hope it's going well. 👍

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back