Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,976 comments
Crystal Palace update.
It was a nice rF2 track to begin with and a swift conversion is done in no time (like Gilles75 used to do). Getting the shaders right is a lot of work, but then you start doing research, finding footage etc...
In the end it becomes a rebuild, new walls, new stadium, repositioning of hundreds of trees (the only thing I did not like about the rF2 version, since the closeness of the trees really really impacts the vibe of the original track), the whole terrain is re-shaped...
Only last week I discovered that the starting line and pit building were in fact much closer to the last corner... can't help but change it.
But.. I'm on it :)View attachment 1108174
Great to hear - and see! - an update, and even better to hear that you're actually putting a lot of effort and dedication into this (and not "sitting on it").

I have a feeling this will be one of the best historical tracks for AC!

Is there much else left to do besides the S/F line and pit building relocation?

ACTK Autodromo de Posadas v1.2
Decrypted version

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_actk_posadas_14-4-121-12-37-9.jpg

Who knows me, knows that I am not a modder at all.

However, after a couple of years and being part of GTP community, made me learn a few tricks.
I'm working on those cars with 28532 bhp. Downgrading the bhp to the factory (or more less),
making them driveable and enjoyable. At least for me.

What I would like to say is, right now I am doing some changes to three cars.
I would like to know which one, the community, want to try first with a simple poll.

Just, please remember that I just tweaked the engine and the specs. I am not a modder.
:)
Here are the first 3.

View attachment 1107981
View attachment 1107982
View attachment 1107983

POLL Final Results.

Results
POLL

After 24 hours, we have a winner.
1643125268754.png

1643125324863.png

1643125355603.png

Have fun with the Sierra and be free to do what ever it needs.
Only thing I ask is to share here too.:)

Ford Sierra RS Cosworth Sapphire 4X4

Ford Sierra RS Cosworth Sapphire 4X4 <-> MIRROR

Be tuned, later I will post another three cars to choose.
Thank you all.

Last edited:

Team ABT Bentley Continental GT3 2018 #36

Team ABT #36 skin for Bentley Continental GT3 2018 ACC convert [bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc] mod.

More coming!
View attachment 1099900
View attachment 1099901
View attachment 1099899

BTW ext config fix for shader [weird black color on the car]
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
FresnelMax = 1
FresnelC = 0.1
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9
ClearCoatThickness = 0.01
ColoredSpecular = 0.9
AmbientSpecular = 0.5
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ApplyTilingFix = 0
Hi @blackpearl , Im searching for this mod, but search function on this thread just showme other versions, please, could you help me with a link for the mod?

Last edited:
On another note.

@Velo'S MODS WORKSHOP

We have an updated
1643128261829.png

VELO

There is a version 2 of this car more recent with other rims

View attachment 1108207
I know, I have it. And I have a few more:
1643128652069.png

1643128671799.png

1643128696387.png

1643128721866.png

1643128742070.png

1643128783337.png

1643128815723.png

1643128836979.png

Enough now.:)

1643128524120.png

Please read the entire 1st post.
The Sierra I shared was undrivable. I changed the engine and tweaked a bit.
So, please, don't start with another versions.
Thank you anyway.

Cheers

On another note.

@Velo'S MODS WORKSHOP

We have an updated
View attachment 1108208

VELO

I know, I have it. And I have a few more:

Enough now.:)

View attachment 1108209
Please read the entire 1st post.
The Sierra I shared was undrivable. I changed the engine and tweaked a bit.
So, please, don't start with another versions.
Thank you anyway.

Cheers
I thought it was the same one but newer, I don't intend to update this car don't worry

i am getting 93% cpu usage in game but when I check the task manager this seems not to be the case. BUT the 93% is lowering significantly my performance (30 fps circa, got a race tonight and on the server with 4 more other cars i get 70 fps, default kunos gt3s...)

any solution?
1643133123150.png

Is there any better Plymounth Superbird out there than the one from here: https://assettomods.com/plymouth-superbird-1970/?
This one have holes in the cockpit, the headlights don't work and I can't hear the external sound (tell me if you have this problem too but anyway I know that I can replace it with another one).
Of course I've tried to google it but I'd like to know if you have a better/updaated version and if the external sound works for you.

The car in question is this one btw:

1643133733067.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
i am getting 93% cpu usage in game but when I check the task manager this seems not to be the case. BUT the 93% is lowering significantly my performance (30 fps circa, got a race tonight and on the server with 4 more other cars i get 70 fps, default kunos gt3s...)

any solution?
View attachment 1108220
AC runs on single core, and in taskmanager you see utilisation for all cores (6 in your case). 3,6 MHz is a bit low. Especially if you run a lot of cars. I have a Ryzen 2700 overclocked to 4,05 and an old rx570 and run the game at 50-60 fps at 1440p with a ful grid.

Last edited:
sorry if I insist, I want to (try) to modify a car. However, I don't understand how the power curve values are calculated. (the car is an example)
Kunos: 420 hp
CM (a): transmission loss 13%
power at wheels: 333 whp
power at crankshaft : 382 hp
CM (b): transmission loss: 20.8
power at wheels: 333 whp
power at crankshaft: 420 hp
AC Torque Helper (https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/): transmission loss 13%
power about 333 bhp
What's your real question?

The 420hp from the description is just an information number.

Don't expect that if you tune a car with 420hp at the crankshaft will be fast as the real car with 420hp.

Hundrets of other things like the aero, the tires rolling resistance, asphalt, gear ratios, can give to the car a vary different performance far from the real one.
Plus, they could be BoPed.c
Also take in account that 420hp is the peak power, if the rest of the torque curve isn't acurate, the final performance would be very different.

A lot of parameters are assupmtions that, in AC physics engine, match with the real car.

Just make the fine tuning of the power curve according to your target.

What's your real question?

The 420hp from the description is just an information number.

Don't expect that if you tune a car with 420hp at the crankshaft will be fast as the real car with 420hp.

Hundrets of other things like the aero, the tires rolling resistance, asphalt, gear ratios, can give to the car a vary different performance far from the real one.
Plus, they could be BoPed.c
Also take in account that 420hp is the peak power, if the rest of the torque curve isn't acurate, the final performance would be very different.

A lot of parameters are assupmtions that, in AC physics engine, match with the real car.

Just make the fine tuning of the power curve according to your target.
I'm not a modder, so I wanted to understand the cause of the value discrepancy. I want to try to modify a car, which values to modify and with which tool. That's all, thanks. 🙏

CM Showroom does not account for everything in the game, so what I'm guessing is the car's front track is too narrow so when you're updating the model to "align to data" it's making an assumption in the showroom that isn't applied in the game (potentially front wheel zenith). Just a guess but I tried it with the base Huayra and both cars do it. Though if you revert back to the original .kn5 file that will fix all of your problems, unless you replaced the wheel with something in which case you'll need to change the graphical offsets either in the model or in suspensions.ini in the data.

Yeah it looks like Kunos accounted for 20.8% driveline loss in that car. Could be a number of reasons (legitimate inefficiencies in the driveline, power.lut derived from a real dyno sheet of a real 25 year old race car that's lost some horses along the way). If you just want to increase or decrease the power/torque of a car by a certain percentage then I'd recommend using something like AC Car Tuner (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/) to make general changes. However if you have a dyno sheet from a real car you're trying to mimic then plug in those torque values to power.lut and then make an assumption of ~15% driveline loss (general accepted industry standard) to figure your power at the crank. Remember that graph in content manager is all but meaningless, just eye-candy for the car menu.
yeah its such a weird quirk, i just wanted to check as ive spent quite alot of time working on a mod for someone but didnt want to present it to them with dodgy physics. it seems to be a particular quirk with that model. luckily i kept the backup. thanks for the clarification puts my mind to rest.

I'm not a modder, so I wanted to understand the cause of the value discrepancy. I want to try to modify a car, which values to modify and with which tool. That's all, thanks. 🙏
Good, the torque helper is a great tool to strat with. ;)

Then you need some trial-error iterations.

This is shot through the right side eyepiece and it is the F50 v1.1 linked in the video description. Just checked again, CSP wipers are configured in extension\config\cars\loaded\ferrari_f50gt_96.ini and I also made sure it doesn't use the ksanim by renaming the file.

Did you mean Legion's F50? Can't find one from Velo. Legion's F50 doesn't have a CSP wiper config but the baked animation looks ok for me on version 20200605.

@Frank25 could you send me the configs for the cars you listed? I tested the ks_mazda_mx5_cup which has a wiper config in cars/loaded and this looks fine for me as well. I don't have any wiper configs for the other cars you mentioned.
Hi. The car I had the wiper problem was Velos Ferrari 315 1950s car. The right hand blade shoots up in the air then down again just before the end of the blade. Works fine on flat screen . Only happens in VR ( Oculus rift s)

Alfa Romeo GTV PRO
Original game model by SCAR - Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano
Torque, power and gear ratios data from SCAR
Converted by speedster63 for GTR2
Converted for Assetto Corsa by Raver Blaster
3D model reworked by Salty Balduins and Raver Blaster
Physics modified by Andrix, Salty Balduins and settantahp
Textures, skins and information by Andrix

The original 3D model is from 2005, so it's not the best, the sound is a 3.2 V6 but when we can it will be modified.
This car was born following the rules of the ETCC, but comparing the game data, the original texture of "SCAR" with the information we noticed a discrepancy and we decided to opt for the 3.2 v6 rather than the 2.0 I4 (the manual said that the 'car was 265 just 35 more than the real 2001 Cup).

In the CM Showroom the car is buggy, while the previews and in-game are fine

We have tried to do everything possible to improve the car, obviously if someone is able to improve the textures, 3D, animations and integrate the features of the CSP, contact us and we will update the car as soon as possible.

If there are variants or modifications of this car, for sale in the future they are not authorized, only if free and accessible to all

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/b40dr606yl1xsm6/alfa_romeo_gtv_pro.7z/file

preview.jpg

try this one
I've been talking about Helicorsa is the one I've lost. Car radar still works for me but i prefer Helicorsa

Crystal Palace update.
It was a nice rF2 track to begin with and a swift conversion is done in no time (like Gilles75 used to do). Getting the shaders right is a lot of work, but then you start doing research, finding footage etc...
In the end it becomes a rebuild, new walls, new stadium, repositioning of hundreds of trees (the only thing I did not like about the rF2 version, since the closeness of the trees really really impacts the vibe of the original track), the whole terrain is re-shaped...
Only last week I discovered that the starting line and pit building were in fact much closer to the last corner... can't help but change it.
But.. I'm on it :)View attachment 1108174

Looking like a masterpiece sir, thanks for this. How are the AI coping with it?

Always fancied a CRX in AC, thanks mate. Hopefully everythings gonnae be alright for you.
Always fancied a CRX in AC, thanks mate. Hopefully everythings gonnae be alright for you.
This was a while ago but i was wondering if anyone has these cars? all the links are sadly dead & I have so much fun driving his stock eg civic i really want to experience the other cars

Last edited:
advanced culling is off

any solution?
View attachment 1108220
I have a ryzen 5 3600 with the boost lopped off (99% processor power in windows, keeps temps down on MSFS) so it runs without boost at 3.6 max.
I run max settings CSP TAA rain etc etc full grids bar the god awful mods with terrible optimisation, al be it just 1080p and
it never breaks a sweat.
Have you looked into FTH, fault tolorent heap, google it great youtube video which may fix your issue.

Fingers crossed its that, 5 3600 should take this game in it stride due to good single thread.

Hi. The car I had the wiper problem was Velos Ferrari 315 1950s car. The right hand blade shoots up in the air then down again just before the end of the blade. Works fine on flat screen . Only happens in VR ( Oculus rift s)
What this shows is one of the most frustrating facts about AC/CSP/Sol etc, which is that different people have different issues with apparently the same equipment. I use a Rift S and have no problem with the Ferrari 315/335 wipers at all. I did the animation and it’s always worked perfectly for me. I nevef use single screen any more, always VR.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back