Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,283 comments
Hi everyone, first time on here and so much information! I've been trying to fix the AI files for those god-awful SimDream mods.

I notice that the AI approach the turns very very slowly which makes it suuuuuuper easy to pass even on 100% Difficulty. Do you think by increasing the Gas_Brake_Lookahead number this will help bring in more corner entry?

Appreciate your collective help on fixing this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 19.03.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 19.03.23.png
    27 KB · Views: 10
Try reducing BRAKE_HINT a little at a time. When the car is no longer missing the initial turn, then tune the TRAIL_HINT, a higher number will open up the exit, a lower number will make the car exit tighter. Check your adjustments on several tracks that you know have good track ai, with a variety of turns.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, AERO_HINTS being too high will also cause cars to miss corner entry. If the ai seem abnormally fast on the straights in comparison to your target competition ai, or yourself for that matter, reducing this number will help the car in corner entry as well, especially in high speed sweepers.
This is invaluable stuff! Brilliant, looking forward to fine tuning later. Thank you 👍

Porsche Carrera GT-R - Update (1.1)

New Version Available

• Small fixes including collider ini.
  • Fuel tank relocated to correct position
  • Engine sound modified

Enjoy!

https://www.patreon.com/TMWMods (its free)

Good afternoon I changed the Support Shifter to =1, because, in the animation, the pilot changes gears on the lever, but this change occurs on the paddles. After that, the car is still "braked", without moving...
Screenshot_tmw_porsche_carrera_gtr_toronto_13-1-122-13-8-6.jpg

EDIT: I SOLVE, IS NEED CHANGE SUPPORT PADLE, WITHOUT COMPACT DATA FOLDER

Last edited:
Nice discovery..... AC now shuts down instantly.....
You can't break your AC by deleting that file. In fact, I just experimented renaming the whole 20 000+ files Assetto Corsa -folder from my documents and game started normally, automatically creating any folder and file it needs to run itself.

The ones I'm after in particular are the Mazda, Subaru, Mustang, Hyundai, Jaguar, Peugeot RCZ So basically majority of them haha
What you’re looking for is the Circuit Hawaii CT3 pack from Chivas Autoart then. I’ll tell you now I’m 95% sure the Mustang, Hyundai and Jaguar don’t exist in Assetto Corsa. But the CT3 pack has the RCZ, WRX and Corvette in it.

You can find that pack on their Facebook page.

They said in 2019 they were going to be doing most of them, but so far only the three exist in public release form.

Last edited:
What you’re looking for is the Circuit Hawaii CT3 pack from Chivas Autoart then. I’ll tell you now I’m 95% sure the Mustang, Hyundai and Jaguar don’t exist in Assetto Corsa. But the CT3 pack has the RCZ, WRX and Corvette in it.

You can find that pack on their Facebook page.

They said in 2019 they were going to be doing most of them, but so far only the three exist in public release form.
literally just managed to find this! I've definitely seen a video with both of the Mazda's on YouTube at some point but can't find them.

literally just managed to find this! I've definitely seen a video with both of the Mazda's on YouTube at some point but can't find them.
Also this skin pack is pretty essential for those cars, it’s the default livery from the game for each of them. There’s also a readme on where to find a supplementary Mustang mod.

Funabashi Circuit v1.01

Features:
  • 20 vehicle pit/grid
  • 3 historical layouts
  • GrassFx, RainFx, VAO
  • New textures + winter grass skin
  • Track limit tires are semi-realistic
  • Try the "short" track!

Credits:

Domo arigato:
Thank you to "soramame" for granting permission to convert his original work.
Thank you to the JGT Database Discord group for requesting this track to be converted, suport and the great reference library
https://discord.gg/eTsX42m8h3 = The biggest history server on Japanese motorsport you'll ever see!

:: DOWNLOAD ::
:: RD MIRROR ::
Great conversion, I've tested all 3 layouts ;)
Sincerely i did'nt know this track ...
I think long is the most difficult while the short is fun also with small sporty cars.
Thanks a lot ;)
Here it is an hotlap of the long layout!

Hi Guys,

Circuit of the Northwest is now available to all :)

Enjoy!

Toronto update is looking great too. Better FPS and the 30 pits really helps. Thanks again from Canada!

edit - here is a link for some cams i found

this version has no cams so you need to rename them to
cameras.ini
and
cameras_1.ini
before they will work.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, first time on here and so much information! I've been trying to fix the AI files for those god-awful SimDream mods.

I notice that the AI approach the turns very very slowly which makes it suuuuuuper easy to pass even on 100% Difficulty. Do you think by increasing the Gas_Brake_Lookahead number this will help bring in more corner entry?

Appreciate your collective help on fixing this issue.
Look 3 or 4 posts above yours. I asked a very similar question, the answer I got might help you!

I cant recall who mentioned it the other day about tuning the AI.ini file in the data folder. Im working on a hybrid car to match the VRC cars, what im noticing is that the car goes into the corners perhaps a little too fast for its grip, be it that it may not be looking far enough ahead? Or that it doesnt have enough steer gain? It seems to miss the initial turn in, the middle part of the corner is a wash out and then it cuts back in and exits tightly, fast corners it tends to understeer out wide and clip barriers. Here are the settings, which area should i edit to correct the mentioned issues?

[GEARS]
UP=8300
DOWN=85
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.1
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.0

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=0.25
BRAKE_HINT=0.95
TRAIL_HINT=1

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=1.6

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=22
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=0
SPEED_GAIN=0.25

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.23
[PHYSICS_HINTS]
AERO_HINT=1

[TYRES]
HINT=1

THANKS!!!!
Use the Dev Apps AI App and engage AI takeover with cntrl-c. This is the way to figure out what your AI is doing and how it's acting. You can make changes in here.
Also, my opinion, in any of the packs I use, I always lower ultra_grip to 1.0. It makes for a more realistic experience. Obviously if certain cars are spinning out or losing too much time you can bring it back up to taste but I haven't found that the case in any of the packs I use. That 20% extra is what also allows the AI to do the pit maneuver and spin you out from behind once they touch your rear bumper.

hi iin CM when I'm aligning data and updating the model the wheels and everything lines up but a suspension piece randomly flies up. the car is the rss f1 79

during the race the front wheels sink into the ground. does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong.

Simple question. Is 1.0 the lowest value a Material can have for ksSpecularEXP?

I have an tree object I made in 3DSimED whose material values has 0.00000 for ksSpecularEXP. In the game when I use object inspector, it lists it as 1.0. I even tried to export the .fbx and edit it in kseditor and it still comes out to 1 for ksSpecularEXP so I thought maybe that was as low as it can go.

Last edited:
Looking for any possible insights into a problem I'm trying to sort:

I run a 49" ultrawidescreen monitor and with a number of car mods, when watching replays, onboard and/or on-car camera shots that see the car body or cockpit interior don't render enough of the car's bodypanels to reach the edge of the 32:9 frame.

Is there anything among the camera files (or any other file) that determines what parts of a car or shot are left unrendered to save processing power (as they're presumed to be off-screen)? It seems that in some mods/camera files, a 16:9 frame is assumed to be the maximum width.

Generally, I don't have the same problem with track cameras. It's only with on-car cameras.

EDIT: I only just realised that people running triple monitors may experience the same issue. Is that the case?

Last edited:
They look great, e.g. this detail of the GT2 RS: 👍

View attachment 1113225

One thing though, it might be usefull to set the neutral lock (LOCK_N) to 1 in the downshift protection.
I did that for myself, but I can't pack the data again.
Thx 🥰 The exhaust is a collaboration between Benjamin and me. He modeled the details and I textured it.
Thanks for the hint. I'll pass this on to the team so we can include it in the next update.

Use the Dev Apps AI App and engage AI takeover with cntrl-c. This is the way to figure out what your AI is doing and how it's acting. You can make changes in here.
Also, my opinion, in any of the packs I use, I always lower ultra_grip to 1.0. It makes for a more realistic experience. Obviously if certain cars are spinning out or losing too much time you can bring it back up to taste but I haven't found that the case in any of the packs I use. That 20% extra is what also allows the AI to do the pit maneuver and spin you out from behind once they touch your rear bumper.
I agree with Beezer215 on the Ultra Grip.
Also try this:
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=3

This will make the AI more reserved in their corner entry speed. Reducing BRAKE_HINT will also make them brake a bit earlier.
A good track to test this on is Mosport. The double right hander in the middle of the circuit will test if your AI can keep it on the road.

For me the best 80s f1 car is the f1-87 made by Matteo Vignaroli aka ACR. Years in the making, tweaking. When you drive it just feels like a brutal f1 car from that period should. How realistic is it? Who knows. Technically everything is correct as far as I know. Anyway as an option for those who like to drive these cars. You can find it in his FB group under files. He also made a full 87 season skin pack for the car. I won't share a direct link, cause who knows if he allows it, but go to his group and find it. Has some other nice cars there as well (especially Ferrari's), worth a browse through his files:

I did try that. Car itself is pretty good, but the mirrors are crooked, so that ruins the experience for me.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back