Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,118 comments
That's why I "ask" like this here, on forum, in the mods section. And that's why I had to ask several times.
Imho you always get an answer at GTP if smtg exists or if smtg is possible. So again imho if nobody is answering you it's just because it's not possible the way you like it. Still no reason to ask multiple times ... imho. ;)

But because I'm usually a pretty nice guy I gave you the answer. It's not possible the way you like it to work, it is possible as a static object with quiet a lot of work. :)

All good?

Imho you always get an answer at GTP if smtg exists or if smtg is possible. So again imho if nobody is answering you it's just because it's not possible the way you like it. Still no reason to ask multiple times ... imho. ;)

But because I'm usually a pretty nice guy I gave you the answer. It's not possible the way you like it to work, it is possible as a static object with quiet a lot of work. :)

All good?
My practice of reading this thread shows that even a good and interesting question or post can easily be drowned in a mass of flood messages on one of the "eternal" topics.
So your theory about GTP responses is valid, but it's not absolute.
And yes, thanks for the reply and answering my question, nice guy. It's better than nothing. ;)

Last edited:
My practice of reading this thread shows that even a good and interesting question or post can easily be drowned in a mass of flood messages on one of the "permanent" topics.
So your theory about GTP responses is valid, but it's not absolute.
And yes, thanks for the reply, nice guy. It's better than nothing. ;)
Tbh, I did not read all of your questions about the balloons, so bare with me if I missed something. But as far as my knowledge goes you need to have the balloon kn5 files in the main folder.
The 'config' files in the models.ini of each layout, which also means you can/need to edit their number/hight/trajectory etc for each layout. Also which ones you want to show up.

I just ran some tests, and yes it 100% makes a difference to correct these filepaths.
Unfortunately doing it made all of my filters look worse, but you can easily fix that by disabling the line (Enabled=0) like it's previously looked to you anyway.

you can do this to make it work for any user/install
[EXT_COLOR_GRADING]
ENABLED=1
FILE='.\extension\textures\color_grading\Natural Pop.png'
STRENGTH=0.250000
EDIT ORIGINAL QUESTION Now Answered

Hi
Question for PPF makers - With the most of the PPF download .ini files, line entries (in red) tend to show the location of the creators AC installation such as C: D: etc - Does it make a difference if i change that line to my own install location? (in red) - Thanks

[EXT_COLOR_GRADING]
ENABLED=1
FILE='R:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\textures\color_grading\Natural Pop.png'
STRENGTH=0.250000

Thanks Guys

This is the response i got from Peter Boese as well for info

Peter Boese
Just use a png/base64 online converter and place the code directly in the ini file. Just look at pureEYE filter. Or try to make it relative "extension\textures\color_grading\Natural Pop.png'"

Link to convertor https://onlinepngtools.com/convert-png-to-base64

Last edited:
Tbh, I did not read all of your questions about the balloons, so bare with me if I missed something. But as far as my knowledge goes you need to have the balloon kn5 files in the main folder.
The 'config' files in the models.ini of each layout, which also means you can/need to edit their number/hight/trajectory etc for each layout. Also which ones you want to show up.
I've seen an instance where somebody added extra texture files into the extension folder (instead of the main folder). But again, that is relying on extra files outside of the ext_config.

Last edited:
Hi guys ! Quick question : How many cars is a grid for you ?

I mean, I know, it DEPENDS, obviously. The track, the serie, the type of cars, or basically your cpu, also... but still, how many cars do you use in a grid for a race, usually ?

In other words, if I want to make a skinpack for a full race grid that is worth using, about how many skins does it need to become useful in your opinion ?

For me it's 20. My CPU rarely accept more than 20 cars on AC, and it's usually enough as I don't try to virtualize multi class endurance racing or something.
Depending on Series, Mod.... 17 - 28 most grids around 24.

My cpu is not the newest but no problems with AC (ryzen 2700x)

F1 2022 Car Skins Updated as of 17/02/2022 reveals

Works with Custom championship and career
F1 2022 Custom Championship: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...-2022-full-season-‘custom-championship.48033/
F1 2022 Career: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-x-2022-f1-2022-‘custom-career.48660/

GDrive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing

All for the RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo - https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/fhx22/
__custom_showroom_1645183961.jpg

All Links in ReadMe file of download or go direct to my GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing

Ferrari F1-75 by thejqka
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/thejqka.878930/
Williams FW44 by Theofilos
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/theofilos.319117/
Ferrari Steering Wheel by @totolab
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/totolab.305698/
F1 2022 Wheel Covers by @ben32star
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/ben32star.1560203/

No problem, I understand that all people are busy. :)
That's why I started asking about it: I really like the work on tracks improving that Delta7Fox did, but the idea with separate layouts doesn't appeal, it's just not online-friendly.
But I remember for sure that there were mods with balloons in the thread, which were added simply through the .kn5 file without problems and without writing to models.ini.
I think @Pfalzdriver is right: it is possible to place them as a static model, but with the proper positions - without touching models.ini. And that's all.

Last edited:
Question about the AI: If I drive a trackday with 20 other cars (Spa or Nordschleife), the Ki makes a car extremely slow (1st gear). Everything is stuck behind it. If I delete this, the Ki takes another car and makes it slow! What could that be?

I've seen an instance where somebody added extra texture files into the extension folder (instead of the main folder). But again, that is relying on extra files outside of the ext_config.
You are most probably right, but I only wanted to explain how I made the ballons work in the very beginning (with help of @Masscot obviously). Once I get it working, I usually stick to that method (aged or not) because I have trouble enough to follow all new methods/gimmicks that come Tsunami wise in our direction...:lol:

You are most probably right, but I only wanted to explain how I made the ballons work in the very beginning (with help of @Masscot obviously). Once I get it working, I usually stick to that method (aged or not) because I have trouble enough to follow all new methods/gimmicks that come Tsunami wise in our direction...:lol:
I agree. If something isn't broke, don't improve it until it is!

Hi Friends!
Anyone know if does exist a list, like the Breathe one, for cars divided in company
brands?
Or if exist some sites where to take a look of all models?
thanks a lot!
There are multiple sites that group car mods by manufacturer, e.g. Velo, Assettoland (the old one had a lot more cars but has once again been taken down some days ago). There are some google spreadsheets around as well, at least I've seen one with drift cars. Since there are tens of thousands of car mods it wouldn't be possible to compile and maintain a list of all mods and their various versions and edits. If you're searching for a specific vehicle google is your friend (e.g. BMW M4 GT3 "assetto corsa") and also searching this thread is always worth a shot.

Here are some other mod sites (omitting the new french Assettoland for reasons):

Spreadsheets:

@ClaudioWRC74's mod listing is another great resource: https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/telecharger-mods

Last edited:
Unless Fat-Alfie is working on it, i've marked it on my to-do list (when my finger, after the surgery of 15 days ago allow me to use pc and steering wheel in a proper way)
Good to know. Guess I will set this aside and wait until you can do it properly. It was kind of a out of nowhere idea. I was creating a skin for it because the stock trees are way undersaturated on my system when it popped into my head to throw together a quick ext_config just to see what it would look like. I never had the know how before so I couldn't try it until now.

Good luck with that finger.

Last edited:
apologies but I promised id give the gumball lambo a go for a forum memebr but i cant find him, so if you see this the cars pretty much done minus a few shader tweaks. if your happy with it ill release it.

Might have been me? That is too cool. Does it have downforce?

I mean, I know, it DEPENDS, obviously. The track, the serie, the type of cars, or basically your cpu, also... but still, how many cars do you use in a grid for a race, usually ?

In other words, if I want to make a skinpack for a full race grid that is worth using, about how many skins does it need to become useful in your opinion ?

For me it's 20. My CPU rarely accept more than 20 cars on AC, and it's usually enough as I don't try to virtualize multi class endurance racing or something.
For me 20-24 is a great grid.

Also, if your plan is doing a skinpack, I wouldn't think about if the grid is going to have too many cars or not. For example, if it's a skinpack of a real grid (no fictional), I would try to make it completely, no matter if it takes more or less than x cars, because it is a real grid after all.

For example, I'm doing a ~30 car grid and my cpu can't even race a 15 car grid. But I just want to make them all to give other people the full experience if their cpu can run it without problem, or even if I have a better pc in the future I can enjoy my own skinpack.

Last edited:
superbeHello sorry for the long waiting but ! The 2011 revised version was now here !

Thanks racinjoe013 and andrevr for your amazing help !View attachment 1115061View attachment 1115060

I made totally free Patreon with all cars I made ! If you want go see ! Thanks in advance !

I know SweetFA about modding but do a lot of AC F1 online racing & I have to say this is an excellent mod, brilliant to drive........superbe........... Merci beaucoup. Forgot to add, this F1 mod @ Imola, perfect combination...... swooping down into Aqua Minerali & screaming up to Variante Alta puts a real smile on the face. She's a real handful tho ;)

Last edited:
Hi.
Is there a way to show up tags in Cm/tracks/tags in the other tracks folder, as you can see the years are not all showing up.
i.e tag 1991 not on the right side.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-18 143501.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-18 143501.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hello sorry for the long waiting but ! The 2011 revised version was now here !

Thanks racinjoe013 and andrevr for your amazing help !View attachment 1115061View attachment 1115060

I made totally free Patreon with all cars I made ! If you want go see ! Thanks in advance !

understeers' a bit but very fun

I was wondering: How many cars/tracks do you all have?

And am I the only one who meticulously arranges them in the right groups/classes, makes sure that all the logos are the same for each brand, all the formatting in name etc.. is the same?
Or am I the only OCD'er here? :D

View attachment 1115200
You are not the only one.

I generally run with the maximum for the track. There are few that allow a ridiculous number of cars (128 at Spa Historic?) that I scramble to change due to the way I operate. For any particular year I assemble a huge grid that includes short-tail and long-tail versions if available, and multiples of many cars so I can expand or contract the cars used at a particular track to its maximum. So for 1970, I have an 88 car grid with a big mix of prototypes and gt, and from that I slide the cars up or down the list to get the best assembly of cars for each track. Longtails up the list, short tails down and out at Le Mans for example. All 88 cars have proper drivers/livery, and are ready to be used as required at each track. The 128 cars allowed at one of the Spas chokes my system (will load them all but) when about 80 cars start to drive. Then 99% cpu occupancy...
I like a 32 to 40 car grid, if I have a choice.

I'm waiting until the end of this month to decide, but if Ilja doesn't drop an update by then, with substantial fixes (and not a whole bunch of new bugs), I'll be cancelling.

I've been a Patreon supporter for a long time now (and also donated by Paypal before that), but my patience with the lack of updates is really starting to wear thin. You really can't help but feel that he's milking money from the crowd at this point. ☹️

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't want to stop supporting Ilja's work. I appreciate what he's done enormously, but I would like to see what we already have working properly before he spends any more time on in-car GPS and bouncing 'dude rods' so I can take silly screen shots.
I was wondering if it was coming to the end of the road a bit, nothing really significant has been shown for a while now. Of course I am hugely appreciative of what he has done with CSP.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back