Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,107 comments
SHORT FAT BOY, aka "CIVIC SPOON" had his falling down pants slightly pulled up. :D

It does not drag its bowels directly over the tarmac as before (thanks to @JakubP & @flyingsaucer for "supplying" :D the car to improve.
Now it's been a completely independent v1.01 for quite some time, which received my many fixes and addons [some i also shared here], including addons/fixes to the car, and also mod optimizations)

LATEST CHANGES:
Adjusted so far a bit with positive effect on look and feel of the car (handling).
civic-101.jpg

Other (not categorized) screenshots:
civic-1010.jpg

civic-1011.jpg
Its quite old now but, does anyone happen to have this? I'm still looking for any of JakubP's mods (apart from the stock civic lsi and crx) as when i asked him he told me that he doesn't have access anymore and asked me to just put a post up here!
So, does anyone have any of his hondas that could be uploaded?

Is that a Reiza track? Or an old RF track "ported" over to AMS? I say "ported" because all we had to do was click a button and edit one text file 😂
AFIAK it is an AMS Reiza track. It is possible it was an old Reiza track from rF but I dont think so.
I have checked my dev archive and there is a .cin file, which indicates that it is from AMS
(Reiza had released it for rF as well back in the day).

Yeah... porting from rF to GTR2 was (mostly) a 1 click job but more involved than that to get good quality that GTR2 deserved :)

Last edited:
Just realized I never posted the completed version of the Spec P71 mod here.

Thanks to @brucektrain for the original mod and allowing me to mod it.

Huge thanks to @norms for all the 3d, textures, and instrument help! As well as the optimization of the mod so it is no longer eating through FPS.

Thanks to VRC's misterbeam for the guidance on getting the rear axle physics to function correctly. The mod now has the correct SLA front suspension and a solid rear axle. Using my real car i updated and measured everything down to the last inch, fuel tank was correctly placed, weight distribution, etc. The physics are dead on to my actual car now and the lap times also reflect it! Enjoy!

Download Link: 253427113_10158505008687849_4165146768172352308_n.jpg207600286_10158292666917849_7335026841589907923_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's about time, isnt it?

From tomorrow evening my version 1.5 of the BMW ///M1 Procar will be available for all of you. And I've decided to make a "short" release race at the not so green hell.

In case anyone of you likes to participate, just check the following flyer and you'll figure out where to register. ;)

If you'll decide last minute to participate I'll post an inventation link to the server at around 19:30h CET tomorrow. We have some slots available because some of my regular pals have other commitments. They arent very happy about it, because we do this kind of race once a year and it has become a tradition.

But remember, No ABS, No TC, No Grip.

All of you who are afraid of this little easy track in the south west of good old germany, I'll add a link to download the car to the video description at around the same time.

I've made so many changes to this car, it's still an understeering beast tho, that I dont even remember what I've changed in total. But I guess you'll find it out.

ReleaseParty.jpg

As usual delete or disable any prior version before installing the new one and dont use extended physics. I've spend hours trying to get the extended physics working but I couldnt solve the problem. Front tires are always blocked and I have absolutely no clue why.

.:: Download ::.

Last edited:
I have been a bit obsessive about this problem myself for a while, wondering why the Sidekick app work properly with certain cars. It was driving me insane, but I think found a solution... sorta.

I started adding tires data within the compounds.ini file. Sidekick was supposed to create its own compounds data per car once a car is driven, but it stop working for some odd reason, (for me at least) so now I have to add the tire data in myself.

For example, if I want the color numbers to work with Guerilla's Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R, I'll have to go in compounds.ini files (within the Sidekick app folder) and copy the tires data from a similar car like Kuno's Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4. Please take notice of the car's folder name, tires name and tires short name (The "h")

[ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_slick_hard_h]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=27
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=27
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=100
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=75

Just replace the car and tire name. (Use the folder name for the car and the tire name and short name from the car's data folder Tyres.ini)

It should look something like this.

[gt4_camaro_gt4_gt4]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=27
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=27
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=100
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=75

Save it in the compounds.ini This should also work with Sidekick Extended and RaceEssentials

The same should apply for working brake temperature numbers as well, that is if the car's brake.ini come include the brakes temperature data.

Go to Sidekick>brakes>brakes.ini
Add car name and copy the data underneath.

[gt4_camaro]
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP_F=600
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP_F=300
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP_R=600
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP_R=300

I know the reply is late, but hopefully somebody find this info useful.
This reply is even later, but perhaps some will find it useful (especially car mod creators <hint><hint>)....

Sidekick's temp and wear indicators not working properly for some cars is almost always due to that cars tyre data being broken in some way, most commonly by the tyre.ini referencing .lut files that don't exist.

For example, neither the temp colours nor the wear indicators work with the TCL AMG 300SEL. Unpacking the data.acd reveals that it's tyre.ini contains these lines:
Code:
WEAR_CURVE=semislicks_front.lut
PERFORMANCE_CURVE=tcurve_street.lut            ;File to use for temperature/grip relation

But neither semislicks_front.lut or tcurve_street.lut is contained within the data.acd for the car!

I've never seen Sidekick fail to generate the compounds.ini entries for cars where the tyres.ini file was well formed, and your method of manually creating the entries in Sidekick's compounds.ini is an excellent work around for this problem when you don't want to edit the cars data directly (ie: because that would break checksum validation for multiplayer).

I don't think I've ever used the brake temp feature, so hadn't noticed that it could also be problem, but I'd expect it to be a similar issue with the car's brakes.ini being malformed in some way.

Huge thanks to @norms for all the 3d, textures, and instrument help! As well as the optimization of the mod so it is no longer eating through FPS.

Thanks to VRC's misterbeam for the guidance on getting the rear axle physics to function correctly. The mod now has the correct SLA front suspension and a solid rear axle. Using my real car i updated and measured everything down to the last inch, fuel tank was correctly placed, weight distribution, etc. The physics are dead on to my actual car now and the lap times also reflect it! Enjoy!

Download Link: View attachment 1114993View attachment 1114994

should be great with the Freedom Factory track!

well, guys from my side don't do like Ilja (aka x4fab) who creates something of really cool but bugged then he adds new features in the next version but he keep bugged the old things. I think you guys have a good product and you have to keep working on what you have to make it better for eyes and hands (in terms of feeling) and only in a second moment you should drop a new car. You're doing big steps forward but please keep working on details because nowadays the standard of modding has reached high levels.
A part from this, I love this idea of a fictional car😉

Is it possible to add to ext_config.ini balloons something like this as in models.ini?
Example below
[DYNAMIC_OBJECT_1]
PROBABILITY=100
MULT=1,1
FILE=bal_rockstar.kn5
POS_MODE=RANDOM
RND_POS_CENTER=1000,195,930
RND_POS_RANGE=100,10,100
VEL_MODE=RANDOM
RND_VEL_BASE=0.2,0.2,0.2
RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1

[DYNAMIC_OBJECT_2]
PROBABILITY=100
MULT=1,1
FILE=bal_bp.kn5
POS_MODE=RANDOM
RND_POS_CENTER=800,175,-420
RND_POS_RANGE=100,10,100
VEL_MODE=RANDOM
RND_VEL_BASE=0.2,0.2,0.2
RND_VEL_RANGE=0.1,0,0.1

Last edited:
What do you all think to lack of CSP updates and fixes? I noticed Ilya is getting $14.5k a month! Yet it seems it has all gone very quiet. I wondered if anyone else was considering not supporting his patreon?
I think that "better late than clever" is a wonderful catchphrase.
The update will come someday, it will fix, it will break, and we all will make wonderful hiphop videos with hydraulic bouncing susps.

Last edited:

Download Link: View attachment 1114993View attachment 1114994

A joy to drive.

Hi
Question for PPF makers - With the most of the PPF download .ini files, line entries (in red) tend to show the location of the creators AC installation such as C: D: etc - Does it make a difference if i change that line to my own install location? (in red) - Thanks

[EXT_COLOR_GRADING]
ENABLED=1
FILE='R:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\textures\color_grading\Natural Pop.png'
STRENGTH=0.250000
I just ran some tests, and yes it 100% makes a difference to correct these filepaths.
Unfortunately doing it made all of my filters look worse, but you can easily fix that by disabling the line (Enabled=0) like it's previously looked to you anyway.

What do you all think to lack of CSP updates and fixes? I noticed Ilya is getting $14.5k a month! Yet it seems it has all gone very quiet. I wondered if anyone else was considering not supporting his patreon?
I pay £1 a month, but knowing i can get PURE and CSP on other sites for free its tempting. Not because of the money as its nothing, but because he is taking the rip.
Never even got a license to use others IP.

I am however hoping AMS2 eventually uses his rain fx.

The thought has entered my mind in the last couple of months. It feels like he has gotten a bit complacent since he is making so much atm and can push the releases further a part. Obviously coding is a very complex thing but considering his apparent skill, evident by all he has accomplished so far, it feels like he could push out updates and fixes a lot more frequent. When the next release comes out I will definetely consider unsubscribing, based off of how much it contains. Fixes and new stuff like TreeFX will keep me, but otherwise I feel like it's time to unsub, considering it's been two months since last release.

I pay £1 a month, but knowing i can get PURE and CSP on other sites for free its tempting. Not because of the money as its nothing, but because he is taking the rip.

See I think that is it- he's trying other games and so his focus isn't on AC any more. I think it's time for me to unsubscribe too

AFIAK it is an AMS Reiza track. It is possible it was an old Reiza track from rF but I dont think so.
I have checked my dev archive and there is a .cin file, which indicates that it is from AMS
(Reiza had released it for rF as well back in the day).

Yeah... porting from rF to GTR2 was (mostly) a 1 click job but more involved than that to get good quality that GTR2 deserved :)
I don't know anything about gtr2 to other games, I meant porting from RF to GSCE and then onto AMS. There was a one stop shop program that converted it then all you had to do was adjust a few things skybox wise in the scn file, then make sure you selected the correct .mas files for the weather cloud system thing they had.

I think i will and get it free from now on.
Perhaps you should move your discussion to those 'other sites' then. I'm sure the GTP admins won't be sad to lose people actively promoting piracy.

At the same time, if you have an issue paying $1 to get the features in the Preview version, just don't use the preview version. No one is forcing you to, there is a free version of CSP too.

I don't know anything about gtr2 to other games, I meant porting from RF to GSCE and then onto AMS. There was a one stop shop program that converted it then all you had to do was adjust a few things skybox wise in the scn file, then make sure you selected the correct .mas files for the weather cloud system thing they had.
rfactortools ! Still use it to transfer rf mods to AMS (rf, for one reason or another, doesn't work on my machine anymore).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back