Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,949 comments
Sorry but may I know where you got that information from? All the sources points to a top speed of 211km/h
did you know Assetto compensates for altitude?
did you know cars loose power at high altitudes?
did you know Pikes Peak starts at 2868m above sea level and finishes at 4720m?

The track measures 12.42 miles (19.99 km) and has over 156 turns, climbing 4,720 ft (1,440 m) from the start at Mile 7 on Pikes Peak Highway, to the finish at 14,115 ft (4,302 m), on grades averaging 7.2%

For a more detailed discussion:

Last edited:
can anyone help, i want to change the scaling of a texture. can this be done in CM? or 3dsimed? Or do i need to open up blender? I made this texture some time back and on other cars it looks ok like this

View attachment 1154521

but on this car it looks blown up

View attachment 1154524
You can scale the material's UV mapping in 3DSimed3, but it will obviously affect all meshes with that material applied.

1653631566574.png

1653631497926.png1653631506622.png

Last edited:
can someone give me the vanilla settings from system/cfg/map.ini ? Mine's messed up from that one RD mod, and a integrity verification would delete too much stuff i changed that should stay the way it is...
This is in my map.ini (I have never changed that):

[MAP_FORM]
MAX_DIMENSION_FORM=300

[DRIVER_ICON]
SIZE=10

[MAP_SECTION]
ZOOM_ON_SECTION=1.35
MAP_LOOKAHEAD_FROM_CAR=0
STARTING_ALPHA=0.8
FINISHING_ALPHA=0

[ROTATION]
DELAY=0

You guys who do the mods, create cars/tracks etc are some kind of gods, seriously, ive tried that basic of basic car tutorials, where you make a box with wheels, i can`t even do that, unreal.....
Thank you. I've long thought of myself as a God, but my shrink is trying to convince me otherwise.

For the most part though, I think most people here would agree that methods are learned over time and through trial-and-error. Today's box with wheels is tomorrow's Ferrari. So keep going and hopefully you'll be releasing mods here one day too.

Last edited:
Hopefully with hidden heads, faces, sunglasses, hats, noserings, beards, eyebrows, cigars etc etc in first-person view, unlike most of these novelty driver mannequins that seem oh so popular...

Last edited:
did you know Assetto compensates for altitude?
did you know cars loose power at high altitudes?
did you know Pikes Peak starts at 2868m above sea level and finishes at 4720m?

The track measures 12.42 miles (19.99 km) and has over 156 turns, climbing 4,720 ft (1,440 m) from the start at Mile 7 on Pikes Peak Highway, to the finish at 14,115 ft (4,302 m), on grades averaging 7.2%

For a more detailed discussion:
I know Assetto Corsa simulates altitude and thank you for the link. Alot of great knowledge to be learned there. If I'm understanding his feedback correctly, he's stating that the real car top speed is 230 but from the available sources i can find, 211km/h. Thus the question.

Last edited:
@benbaron ever thought of making an alternative KTM X-BOW based on the one running at the Nordschleife this weekend? performance wise is almost like a gt3, differently to the gt2 that runs in the euro series
Actually there are two versions of the GTX running this weekend. The orange cars from "True Racing" are GT2-spec cars running in class SP-X, so should be the "same" as used in the euro series and are therefore quite close to the GT3 cars. The cars from "Teichmann Racing" are running in the Cup-X-class and are way slower than the GT2/SP-X.
Conclusion: Guerilla GT2 GTX is the fast one, we are just "missing" the slower, nordschleife-only Cup-X-version.

Hopefully with hidden heads, faces, sunglasses, hats, noserings, beards, eyebrows, cigars etc etc in first-person view, unlike most of these novelty driver mannequins that seem oh so popular...
Absolutely right, but isn't this something that has to be set up in the car's driver3d.ini rather than on driver model side?

Oh, I just found my new favorite button of the day (although the button's tooltip text is incorrect):
1653643541049.png

BMW M240i Cup Update v1.1

• added extension config with new shader settings & new light settings
  • added correct brake lights
  • new textures
  • lights switchable with extra buttons
  • added brake disc glow
  • new template (no mapping changes)
  • new Dunlop tyres (texture & normalmap update)
  • sound update integrated
! its recommended to do a clean install !

download: https://guerilla-mods.de/forum/topic/bmw-m240i-cup/

Screenshot_gue_bmw_m240i_cup_ks_nurburgring_27-4-122-12-43-12-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gue_bmw_m240i_cup_ks_nurburgring_27-4-122-12-40-32-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gue_bmw_m240i_cup_ks_nurburgring_27-4-122-12-36-50.jpg
Screenshot_gue_bmw_m240i_cup_ks_nurburgring_27-4-122-12-36-25-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gue_bmw_m240i_cup_ks_nurburgring_27-4-122-12-34-6-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gue_bmw_m240i_cup_ks_nurburgring_27-4-122-12-32-40.jpg

Last edited:
Is that new extension supposed to be used for the CHq Version? Or for the outdated ACU conversion?
Probably for the outdated acu version. People keep updating this tracks with skins that makes the circuit black but this doesn't help at all. The track is still trash. If we really want to have a good version of the track someone would need to create it from scratch or convert it from AMS2 to AC. The CHQ version looks very good but isn't very accurate either.

Probably for the outdated acu version. People keep updating this tracks with skins that makes the circuit black but this doesn't help at all. The track is still trash. If we really want to have a good version of the track someone would need to create it from scratch or convert it from AMS2 to AC. The CHQ version looks very good but isn't very accurate either.
Judging from Pyyer´s video on YT he quoted it is made for Monaco_2021, so no CHQ version I guess. A pity.

have you guys seen the latest VRC teasers?

what are your guesses?
i think this will be a Proper F1 2022 car..
If so, then... Why?
This is constantly discussed in the community: why so many open wheelers? Some do, others do - even several versions of the same thing.
I understand that it is not good to criticize without doing it by yourself, but I simply do not understand this mania for formulas.
There are many more interesting vintage cars in the world, for example. And in this regard, I like the latest Legion releases. They are cheesy.

Last edited:
If so, then... Why?
This is constantly discussed in the community: why so many open wheelers? Some do, others do - even several versions of the same thing.
I understand that it is not good to criticize without doing it by yourself, but I simply do not understand this mania for formulas.
There are many more interesting vintage cars in the world, for example. And in this regard, I like the latest Legion releases. They are cheesy.
I would imagine making up to date F1 mods and charging money for them is a guaranteed way to make money from a mod.

Yeah, another car RSS would've done anyways... Seriously. There's a whole Motorsport world to bring to AC but those studios always make the same thing over and over again.

What about a 3.5 GrC proto, or an IMSA GTP legend ? Or something totally out here like the Chaparral 2H. But nah, better release something daring and original like... The Formula Hybrid X 2022 (VRC's version)
Wow.

I would imagine making up to date F1 mods and charging money for them is a guaranteed way to make money from a mod.
Best to convert from F1 GP 22

Yeah, another car RSS would've done anyways... Seriously. There's a whole Motorsport world to bring to AC but those studios always make the same thing over and over again.

What about a 3.5 GrC proto, or an IMSA GTP legend ? Or something totally out here like the Chaparral 2H. But nah, better release something daring and original like... The Formula Hybrid X 2022 (VRC's version)
Wow.
I agree with you, but I think both studios are making what sells.
I've uploaded a few AC replays to my YouTube channel, and the F1 videos are always way more popular than anything else. So I think it's fair to say that these are the mods that most people are interested in.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back