Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,796 comments
Everything is very dark, almost nothing is visible :)

Hi it might be your CSP settings (for time day/night) or used on wrong track version - No problems with CSP 1.78 preview 1, sol 2.2.2 and pure 0.75 @Pyyer
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_07_monaco_gp22_27-4-122-15-41-35.jpg

Yeah, another car RSS would've done anyways... Seriously. There's a whole Motorsport world to bring to AC but those studios always make the same thing over and over again.

What about a 3.5 GrC proto, or an IMSA GTP legend ? Or something totally out here like the Chaparral 2H. But nah, better release something daring and original like... The Formula Hybrid X 2022 (VRC's version)
Wow.
I absolutly adore their GTO cars, especially the Corvette (sorry, Chevette), and I'm fairly certain that it might be in their top "less sell" cars. As much as I would love the rest of the field from the GTO era, I have to admit that it isn't very popular and doesn't really pay off the effort... Well, maybe one day :)

If so, then... Why?
This is constantly discussed in the community: why so many open wheelers? Some do, others do - even several versions of the same thing.
I understand that it is not good to criticize without doing it by yourself, but I simply do not understand this mania for formulas.
There are many more interesting vintage cars in the world, for example. And in this regard, I like the latest Legion releases. They are cheesy.
Quick storytime: I started playing Assetto Corsa because the F1 game series bored me. Only the newest cars and every time it is the same 20 tracks I have to drive on. What kept me playing it was league racing but both leagues died so I decided to focus on Assetto Corsa (and AMS2). The main problem is that switching from open-wheelers to street cars is a real pain in the arse. When I was testing one of the Kunos's cars (dk at all which one it was) I just smashed everyone into the wall including myself because I was used to have a lot of grip and brakes that actually work and not slow your car down by 5 km/h after 1 km. So I decided to stick with open-wheelers because they are very easy to drive and I need a fast but easy car to test tracks. Also I don't really like street cars, you can't judge their speed by looking at them (maybe if you are an expert).
In my opinion the amount of open-wheelers was why too low. Especially F1 mods were rare (2011 mod just came out, still waiting for 1999 and the other years are usual SDD crap) and I tend to only download all tracks and a very small amount of cars that are posted here. Just lack of interest, everyone is acting super nostalgic while I am sitting there wondering "they are all the same, why is everyone so pumped up?"
But I agree that the amount of modding groups working on the exact same open-wheeler is so unnecessary. It makes them comparable and this way they are stealing each others customers. I will still have a look at the VRC cars. I hope their mod is going to be good and close to reality especially.

for those interested in adding a GPS in acar, I got instruction from the master himself>
• open Custom Showroom and pick a screen mesh, hoping it would have a nice UV layout for a display (for example, M4 won’t work, at least for now) • view its txDiffuse texture: notice its resolution, point at which display starts and its size in pixels • add this to car’s config:
[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]
[Navigator_StyleSygic]
Meshes = Geo_Nav ; here, use the name of that mesh
Brightness = 0.5 ; adjust brightness later so it wouldn’t shine too much
@ = Navigator_Size, Resolution = "2048, 1024", Offset = "10, 11", Size = "459, 286", Scale = 2 ; replace resolution with texture resolution, offset with start of display on texture, in pixels, size with size of display on texture, in pixels, adjust scale later so it would look of proper size
all the ready-to-use themes for now: • Navigator_StyleSimpleLight • Navigator_StyleSimpleDark • Navigator_StyleModernLight • Navigator_StyleModernDark • Navigator_StyleSygic • Navigator_StyleRacing you can also combine your own theme from prepared bits. if you would want to define a new theme, that is trickie

I tried one in the Levante and it worked. :cheers:

[INCLUDE: common/navigators.ini]
[Navigator_StyleModernLight]
Meshes=secondary_display
Resolution=1024, 1024
Offset=484, 0
Size=539, 405
Does this still work? I tried adding it to the car config (also tried adding to the extension config) for 3 different cars but none of them work. I also tried to use the NAME instead of the txdiffuser, because that's what I found in a car that does have the screen.
Or do I just have bad luck with these 3 mod cars:

I have tested your Vanwall and BRM. Noticing that the Vanwall fuel gauge is a bit low poly and the BRM cockpit instruments are lacking depth in VR mode.

BTW a big thanks for creating these.
hey bud, thanks for checking it out. that was my first work in "modding" mainly consisting of balancing the data and upgrading the cockpit textures and shader values. there was also a steering wheel change here or there. I would like to come back to it eventually and give it a proper re-do with some better 3d modelling now I know more so its on "the list"

40 minutes!!

Modern F1 cars leave me as stone cold as modern F1 does in general. I'd rather watch one race from the 1980s than a whole season from the modern era, and much rather drive an analogue MP4/4 with manual gears than some soulless monstrosity with flappy paddles and more computing power than NASA. I really don't understand the appeal.

Modern F1 cars leave me as stone cold as modern F1 does in general. I'd rather watch one race from the 1980s than a whole season from the modern era, and much rather drive an analogue MP4/4 with manual gears than some soulless monstrosity with flappy paddles and more computing power than NASA. I really don't understand the appeal.

We have something in common. Ams2 is your game then right ? ;)
But i also like to have some modern variations sometimes.. and vrc looks like its delivering a perfect mod

Release!!!!!!!!! Ferrari F355 Challenge Evoluzione 1998

Free Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/66830859

Comverted from Project Cars 3 By Peter Crill ,3d help/work by @norms
-Skin Pack (30 SKINS made By gravelTrap -AO inside and out
-Full engine AO
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings -Wiper animation Norms
-Physics work @graveltrap
-setup and adjustable damping @graveltrap
-Basic Ligth Refraction EXTRA A:Low Beams EXTRA B:Rear Fog Ligths
Credits:
-General help ,3d help , settings help @norms -Lods By norms
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help @graveltrap,@takum1,@Mascot,and others This car was team work and the result was a car that is really fun to drive thanks to graveltrap and with less bugs was possible thanks to mascot and norms .

Direct Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6qje8avk8otifli/ferrari_355_challenge_evo_public_1.0.rar/file Here you can see all the

Already Relased and FREE Mods:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back