Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,752 comments
Screenshot (345).png

anyone know why my laptimes don't get saved? they should remain both in best and personal, but they don't and I cannot see the delta while I come back to the server or the single player session with the same combo

There are different levels of encryption, one kind of it doesn't allow you to unpack the car inside of kseditor and doesn't let you cha GE shader values inside of cm.

Just wondering, why do you want to do on it, @Arthur Figgis?
I don't particularly want to 'do' anything on it. I stumbled across the lack of access to shader parameters because I was curious as to why it looked like an injection moulded children's toy, rather than a 1970's race car. I was considering making some more realistic skins for it but I'm not really keen to spend time and energy on it now.

What I find slightly saddening is the change in philosophy from RSS. I'm not aware of them ever encrypting mods before. RSS have every right to protect their IP, but it likely means this model will die with AC (and/or RSS) when the time comes. Oh well.

RIP.

View attachment 1188999
anyone know why my laptimes don't get saved? they should remain both in best and personal, but they don't and I cannot see the delta while I come back to the server or the single player session with the same combo
Does the car or track has upper case letters in the file name ? If yes, that's causing it. (which goes for single player, I don't know if it's the same on a server).

I don't particularly want to 'do' anything on it. I stumbled across the lack of access to shader parameters because I was curious as to why it looked like an injection moulded children's toy, rather than a 1970's race car. I was considering making some more realistic skins for it but I'm not really keen to spend time and energy on it now.

What I find slightly saddening is the change in philosophy from RSS. I'm not aware of them ever encrypting mods before. RSS have every right to protect their IP, but it likely means this model will die with AC (and/or RSS) when the time comes. Oh well.

RIP.
What does that even mean? RSS create a car, sell it (mostly), then move on to the next one whilst that will get drip sales whilst AC exists.
Why would they care that if in how many years AC isn't 'alive' someone can't convert it into another sim?
(not that I think there will ever be another open mod platform ever again).
AC will be as infinite as rfactor / gtr2 are though i guess.
I still use rfactor from time to time.
Talking of which does anyone have access to rfactor central anymore?
If so could you let me know as i'd like some stuff from there as you cant sign up anymore.

Last edited:
Hello

I am not a pro in terms of installation for Assetto Corsa but how do you install the custom light patch on content manager see the update thank you

(If possible explain it to me without video link thank you)

What does that even mean? RSS create a car, sell it (mostly), then move on to the next one whilst that will get drip sales whilst AC exists.
Why would they care that if in how many years AC isn't 'alive' someone can't convert it into another sim?
(not that I think there will ever be another open mod platform ever again).
AC will be as infinite as rfactor / gtr2 are though i guess.
I still use rfactor from time to time.
Yeah, I completely agree with your observation Safi. What it means is that I'm a dinasaur and the world has long since moved on. I'm off to open my Patreon, catch you all there!

Talking of which does anyone have access to rfactor central anymore?
If so could you let me know as i'd like some stuff from there as you cant sign up anymore.
Yep I just logged in - can't believe I remembered my username/password but i got it first try (thank god I didn't use firefox's randomly generated password back then lol)
Anyway probably best to take this to DMs to keep this thread on topic but i can download some stuff for you at some point

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows if there is a fix to a slight issue I have.

In the driving menus the text is very small on my 4k screen which makes changes to car settings etc difficult for my old eyes.
I found a setting within the original launcher settings (something along the lines of "force windows resolution" ) which fixed the issue in the main menus but hasn't changed the driving menus.

Am I overlooking a setting somewhere in the original launcher or CM?

Any advice would be great, thanks Shaun.
Maybe try adjusting UI scale see if that helps (in Settings --> Custom Shader Patch)?
csp.png

Agreed, that's what threw me. No problem unpacking data but it appears the kn5 itself may be somehow protected(?). I have never seen this behavior before. The only possible encryption I see manifests as an inability to change shader parameters through CM Showroom. I wonder if its possible to open the kn5 with 3DSimEd? I'm suspect maybe no. I don't currently have it so can't test.
There are different kinds of encryption possible.

Most encryptions are just visual encryptions, like VRC cars since forever. You can unpack and edit the data.acd, but cannot edit any graphical components of the car (ignoring ext config)

Some (very stupidly) are both visual and physics encrypted. Can't edit anything, if you delete data.acd then you'll get the model as a bunch of blue triangles

Very few I know (mainly ier p13c and bk audi gt3) are .ini encrypted, meaning you can't actually see nor edit the specific .ini files too. Those cases are because they use confidential irl data which is understandable.

RSS have been doing visual encryption since the F1 2013 came out, i think they were upset people were stealing their model or smth like that

Same thing with their Formula Hybrid mods from 2019 onwards, and also with RSS 2 V6 2020, RSS 4, RSS 3 V6 and RSS 2013 V8. Definitely not the first time.
There are different kinds of encryption possible.

Most encryptions are just visual encryptions, like VRC cars since forever. You can unpack and edit the data.acd, but cannot edit any graphical components of the car (ignoring ext config)

Some (very stupidly) are both visual and physics encrypted. Can't edit anything, if you delete data.acd then you'll get the model as a bunch of blue triangles

Very few I know (mainly ier p13c and bk audi gt3) are .ini encrypted, meaning you can't actually see nor edit the specific .ini files too. Those cases are because they use confidential irl data which is understandable.

RSS have been doing visual encryption since the F1 2013 came out, i think they were upset people were stealing their model or smth like that
Thanks to you both for the info. This is the first time I was stopped from doing something I wanted to do with a RSS mod and I didn't realise VRC were doing it too. No biggie. I'm not a fan of mod encryption in any form but I understand they don't want propagation or poaching of their models by nefarious entities.

Thanks to you both for the info. This is the first time I was stopped from doing something I wanted to do with a RSS mod and I didn't realise VRC were doing it too. No biggie. I'm not a fan of mod encryption in any form but I understand they don't want propagation or poaching of their models by nefarious entities.
Its an odd one as I've never seen a mod that has taken RSS or VRC model passed off as their own, yet i have seen loads of their stuff available for free.
And encryption won't stop that.
What's worse, someone buying your mod and changing the FX or steer ratio, or someone getting it for free but not able to change those variables?
Meh, not my problem.

BMW M3 GTR is updated!
to version 0.95

Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rusty_valley_1-8-122-21-40-39.png

full changelog in description:
  • Now the car have wing animation in setup
  • Shader tweaks (interior and exterior)
  • Aero changes
  • PBR tweaks
  • etc.
Credits:
Question:
This car lacks real life skin, do you have interest to make it for me?
If you have interest, just contact me on DM.
I'm give the 4k skins template here.

Link:

Attachments

• paint_AO4k.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
I'm with you, only just realised the same, disappointing to be locked out of any personal shader adjustments I might want to make. Really sad thing is it solves nothing, anyone half knowledgeable and suitably motivated could rip the model straight from the game without any real hassle other than a small amount of time invested.

I just released the track extension for zandvoort 2020

Extension is available here :

Track download is available on this thread

Why does the Hotlap Start begin at the Starting line, I have to do a full lap before I can even attempt to Hotlap it

I'm with you, only just realised the same, disappointing to be locked out of any personal shader adjustments I might want to make. Really sad thing is it solves nothing, anyone half knowledgeable and suitably motivated could rip the model straight from the game without any real hassle other than a small amount of time invested.
And there would be no point in that either, as its only 3 odd quid or even free in some places.
The likelihood of someone doing a drift tune or slamming spinners on an old F1 car are zero.

RSS cars tend to stay as RSS cars as they are IMO about perfect a mod as you can get.

BMW M3 GTR is updated!
to version 0.95

View attachment 1189050

• Aero changes
  • PBR tweaks
  • etc.
Credits:
Question:

Link:

Yeah, we need Alms skins bad!

Last edited:
I finally was able to come back home and finish to work on Spa new extension! 🙂

Spa 2020/2021/2022 extension is available now directly on Patreon for everyone (RD download will come later, I got to work fast on Zandvoort right now 😉)

Please note 2022 layout is designed for the great track update by guigui0256

Last edited:

I read the RD thread. Wild times. Glad you've gotten through it.
And many thanks for releasing these great cars into the community.

A question (or two), if I may?
So these are the original cars? Or you've made some updates?

Gotta say, the Targa Florio (ablz_targaflorio73 not simtraxx) is sure looking good right now. I kinda gave up on the Targa after years of waiting for Simtraxx to get not very far. Just picked up the latest ext-config from r3b3ld3 and WOW. For an alpha it's quite excellent. Checkit!

Last edited:

RIP.
You can always change shaders in game using shader replacements using the exact same values.
In game you can also check the values that are applied right now by using the object inspector app

BMW M3 GTR is updated!
to version 0.95

View attachment 1189050

• Aero changes
  • PBR tweaks
  • etc.
Credits:
Question:

Link:

any chance you can provide a template that has layers ?
cheers

I finally was able to come back home and finish to work on Spa new extension! 🙂

Spa 2020/2021/2022 extension is available now directly on Patreon for everyone (RD download will come later, I got to work fast on Zandvoort right now 😉)

Please note 2022 layout is designed for the great track update by guigui0256

Great Pyyer. Any news of Mugello? 😇

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back