Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,146 comments
I've tried something like that, but that's trying to get it to start a certain position. What I'm trying to do (because it saves me from renaming folders, and if I share this, means everyone else won't have to rename folders as well) is to effectively do that function, but have it not needing to start at a particular point (as some folders are structured with the manufacturer at the start, but others are at the end)

EDIT: Actually, in saying that, I could always do that and have one string look for 'team' at the start of the folder name, and another string look for it at the end. Just need to cover off those that randomly sit in the middle..

EDIT 2: Tried putting that together. One issue I've got in the way I've put it together though. The code basically looks like this-
var a = lcase(right($prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position20.CarName'),0,7));

if a= 'ferrari'
return "Ferrari"

But, that will only work for 7 characters, what about when I have:

if a= 'jordan'
return "Jordan"

how do I make the 7 in ),0,7)); indefinite?
Perhaps something like length("until next space") is possible? instr, substr...?

Perhaps something like length("until next space") is possible? instr, substr...?
Could be a way. I'd have to teach myself again though haha
I've tried this method below to no avail (just using whatever constructor is randomly around):

var p = '01'
var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + p + '.CarName')
if(a.substring == ("forceindia")) {
return 'Force India'}

However, what that does is, even when I add an else if, return below for other constructors, it will always return Force India.
Makes me think I'm onto something, but struggling to fix it..

So in this case you're saying a top rated driver with nearly 30 years experience =/= issue with phsyics? Ooookay.

Overall, the physics are good, but such a small car with slicks and slower speeds shouldn't be so unforgiving. It can go nuts in an instant and turn into a fight to maybe save it. I can save just about anything, but it shouldn't feel like it's going to lose it 70% of the time.
Yes, because there is an inherent issue with using feelings as a sole indicator of physics quality over actual data. Maybe for you it might be unforgiving with your setup + driving style, but someone else could experience no issues with it. Doesn't mean either of you are incorrect in your observations, but it doesn't equate to how the physics itself actually are.

And given the people involved on this, based on the RD post (iER who have literally added the physics changes to AC, as well as irl drivers who've tested and confirmed) there's pretty little to debate on. Given that even the .ini are encrypted, it is highly, highly likely real and confidential data was used to make the physics for this car.

So to say things like
This kind of attitude pi$$es me off! When someone's wrong, they think they're right, and you can't tell them otherwise.
is just plain ignorant innit

Last edited:
Im looking for this showroom, i hope you can help me?
1.jpg

yeah.. they just importet the model they bought from that 3D Model site..
drives OK but i think they just copied the physics from other mods..

if you can get it for free its Ok as a grid filler..
not buy for me so no problem, after it's Sim Dream maybe people here were waiting for the mod of the century LOL !!!
I have no problem with this car just the FFB is bad, I have to put 120 in the game even with my DD wheel whereas if I do that with the other mods I have no more arms !!!
the biggest problem in this community is not Sim D.... it's that people are never satisfied... whatever the mod there are always some things wrong.... are waiting for an update and an ACC conversion the day a DLC arrives

Don't know how Monza looks on your end, but on my end it looks like this with the overly dark\black tree shadows:

before.jpg

So I did some changes and wondered if anyone would like to try it. It's not perfect and does lack some depth with the missing shadows between the trees, but I can put up with that better than I can having to look at black trees all over the place. I wish I could find a way to keep how it was, but reduce how black the shadows are. So far I haven't so this is the best I could come up with. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try\test it out.

after.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know how Monza looks on your end, but on my end it looks like this with the overly dark\black tree shadows:

View attachment 1204832

So I did some changes and wondered if anyone would like to try it. It's not perfect and does lack some depth with the missing shadows between the trees, but I can put up with that better than I can having to look at black trees all over the place. I wish I could find a way to keep how it was, but reduce how black the shadows are. So far I haven't so this is the best I could come up with. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try\test it out.

View attachment 1204834

i want try it!

I have no problem with this car just the FFB is bad, I have to put 120 in the game even with my DD wheel whereas if I do that with the other mods I have no more arms !!!
Confirm.

I dont own a DD but my CSW 2.5 broke during a race last friday. Lucky me I still had my very old CSW 1.5 stored which I installed on saturday. Drove the car yesterday and even with everything related FFB set to max there is not really a adequate FFB present.

Confirm.

I dont own a DD but my CSW 2.5 broke during a race last friday. Lucky me I still had my very old CSW 1.5 stored which I installed on saturday. Drove the car yesterday and even with everything related FFB set to max there is not really a adequate FFB present.
yes, I will wait for an update to see maybe

Last edited:
i keep these SDD mods for AI not to mention FBB or 3D model there are so many completely stupid issues with their mods, look on RD i just shared the REAL NAME ui, logo,....and 1 day later RD deletes my mod when I haven't talked about Sim Dream .... I find it ridiculous, I'm 52 I'm not a child anymore ... I find it a hypocrisyView attachment 1204956

Yeah that’s really stupid. I don’t get it at all.

It seems initially that the reason why your UI mod got removed is because RaceDepartment has a zero tolerance policy for even any mention of simdream. They’ll censor or scrub literally every trace of it off their website.

But then you have countless skins for SD cars being uploaded all the time and they never get deleted. So what’s the difference? A power tripping moderator perhaps? Not sure but it makes no sense.

photo_2022-11-01_11-36-50.jpg

anyone knows why my trees look like this? photo was taken after a fresh install of ac, reinstalled latest Sol, Pure and CSP correctly, even the vao patches, but still nothing

It's not a mod...but...
My Small Reminder of the 2022 Formula 1 Season (update to Mexico GP).
Ideal to edit championship or single races. Tires data are taken from official Pirelli website (preview and sunday data sheet).
https://press.pirelli.com/?h=1&t=2022 Season
I'm trying to compile with SOL weather; unfortunately I've not the rain fx...I try to do my best also without it (for Imola, Monaco and Japan).
Tell me how to improve it!
Thanks!

F1 2022.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1204999
anyone knows why my trees look like this? photo was taken after a fresh install of ac, reinstalled latest Sol, Pure and CSP correctly, even the vao patches, but still nothing
I think you should use a different pp filter than exquisite which is not supported by Pure 0.142b; use C13 cameraobscura and try again and check how the trees and environment do look like.

Last edited:
I think you should use a different pp filter than exquisite which is not supported by Pure 0.142b; use C13 cameraobscura and try again and check how the trees and environment do look like.
tried with A3PP, or with a downgraded pure version, and the result is still the same

Just watched the latest episode of Top Gear and found this hidden gem in Thailand:

Someone seems to have made a beta version in rFactor? But no DL link.

Would love to see this remade for AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back