Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,105 comments
Hi!
Is it possibile enable visual tyres degradation also on RSS FH2022? I have the same data of FH2021 in ext_config.ini into extension folder but it doesn't work.

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common/f1_lights.ini, common/f1_tyre_damage.ini

Thanks
Immagine.png

Last edited:
Yes, because there is an inherent issue with using feelings as a sole indicator of physics quality over actual data. Maybe for you it might be unforgiving with your setup + driving style, but someone else could experience no issues with it. Doesn't mean either of you are incorrect in your observations, but it doesn't equate to how the physics itself actually are.

And given the people involved on this, based on the RD post (iER who have literally added the physics changes to AC, as well as irl drivers who've tested and confirmed) there's pretty little to debate on. Given that even the .ini are encrypted, it is highly, highly likely real and confidential data was used to make the physics for this car.

So to say things like

is just plain ignorant innit.
After spending more time with the Scorpion Formula 500, I'm beginning to appreciate this mod more, and it helps to drive it on tracks where these are actually raced. I should also remember not to test a new mod while troubleshooting frustrating issues during a first build of a new prototype (IRL), nor just after an hour of setting fast laps in a simulated F1 car.

After reviewing what few videos I could find, I can see these cars can be twitchy, and it seems easy to force them to lose traction and even "snap" them around. Overall, I think the physics of this simulated version are very good, but it seems that as it gets closer to edge of grip, things get too loose, and it can suddenly become very unpredictable, uncontrollable, and more difficult to save than I would expect with a light car and slower speeds.

Testing again a day later, and just over an hour of becoming familiar with it, I'm getting close to 2 minutes at VIR, 1:32 at Road Atlanta (okay time), and Road America needs more improvement, as I'm just under 2:28 for the last practice session.

So @Short_Circut, you come to a conclusion without any information and make an insulting statement. You know nothing about my experience, that I have an extremely dialed in setup from years of use, and based on experience with real "FFB" and road detail, and that you don't know how many iterations or versions were offered for testing to those involved in the development of this mod.

That's just plain ignorant, innit?

Last edited:
Looks really goooorgeous, but only one question: have you noticed a decrease in fps compared to the version with the "cardboard" trees?

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback... 😄
thank you!
this is not a replacement of 2D trees, i added the new 3D trees to all the areas which were completely empty before on the base versions.

And yes, there is a performance hit.. not much for some.. more for others..
This is a good track for testing the new 3D trees from iljas new CSP patch.
So test it for yourself... do you have good performance on the track?
Also with 15-30 cars?

Last edited:
... So test it for yourself... do you have good performance on the track?...
Well... the problem is that I'm still with the CSP 0.1.78 public version: had crashes with the latest versions and decided to downgrade. Now all works flawlessly and fear to change anything so, for now, I think I'll wait to install the latest improvements... although this 3d tree thing is very tempting... 😅
102fps (avg) in the Zwiss original version >< 99fps (avg) in the Mike08 version
I suppose it always depends on each pc, but that's good to know; doesn't seem like too much of a loss. Thanks!

EDIT: I just test the track and, although I can't see the new trees, it´s still a great mod, better than the old I had... Thanks again!

Last edited:
So @Short_Circut, you come to a conclusion without any information and make an insulting statement. You know nothing about my experience, that I have an extremely dialed in setup from years of use, and based on experience with real "FFB" and road detail, and that you don't know how many iterations or versions were offered for testing to those involved in the development of this mod.

That's just plain ignorant, innit?
wat?????

"Not being good at driving =/= issue with physics." was more of a jest to get the overall message that feelings =/= physics quality out, whether you take that as "insulting" or not is not my concern.

From there, I simply reiterated my point about how feelings as a sole indicator for physics quality is a flawed metric. Not sure where you get "insulting" from, I literally say:
Doesn't mean either of you are incorrect in your observations, but it doesn't equate to how the physics itself actually are.
And if that sounds insulting to you, then sounds like more of a you problem.

I'm not quite sure you understand what ignorance means. Your experience is irrelevant to my point. Whether you have 90 years of F1 experience or have never driven a car before it still stands. To deem a car as having good or bad physics quality because "it feels good/bad" is a poor metric (unless in very extreme cases, like a dumptruck lapping faster than an F1), especially if the car is designed with real data used and competent people working on it. So I can come to a conclusion without knowing how much actual experience you have, because it has no relevance to my point.

May I remind your initial post saying things like:
It drives like ****, and he won't listen
This kind of attitude pi$$es me off! When someone's wrong, they think they're right, and you can't tell them otherwise.
only to now say
After spending more time with the Scorpion Formula 500, I'm beginning to appreciate this mod more
Overall, I think the physics of this simulated version are very good...
so it seems even you agree your initial observations of the mod were incorrect

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you consider sharing by transferring this information onto a Google sheet (alike Breathes' track listing) - it would be great to have it going forward - thank you... If you're not familiar with that then I can assist.
Thank you. Not for now but I have ready 2020 and 2021.

If I wanted to make what i'm working on for Monza public, would most people prefer a mod that alters the stock track slightly or a mod that functions like a separate track layout, similar to what @Pyyer does with his F1 mods? There benefits to both ways.

1.) As a stock track mod, I would have to have an altered models.ini file, a different vao patch and any extension folder you currently use would have to be overwritten. So reverting back to stock would be a pain if you don't care for the changes. On the plus side, if you like the new look of the trees, it would seemlessly work with @Pyyer F1 mods.

2.) As a track layout, everything would be separate from whatever you already have for Monza so you can go back to stock just by choosing the stock layout. Downside is, the F1 mods would still have the overly dark trees that I was trying to eliminate since the changes wouldn't carry over to other layouts. It's an easy fix for that, but you'd have to know how to do it. Guess I could provide an explanation.

If I wanted to make what i'm working on for Monza public, would most people prefer a mod that alters the stock track slightly or a mod that functions like a separate track layout, similar to what @Pyyer does with his F1 mods? There benefits to both ways.

1.) As a stock track mod, I would have to have an altered models.ini file, a different vao patch and any extension folder you currently use would have to be overwritten. So reverting back to stock would be a pain if you don't care for the changes. On the plus side, if you like the new look of the trees, it would seemlessly work with @Pyyer F1 mods.

2.) As a track layout, everything would be separate from whatever you already have for Monza so you can go back to stock just by choosing the stock layout. Downside is, the F1 mods would still have the overly dark trees that I was trying to eliminate since the changes wouldn't carry over to other layouts. It's an easy fix for that, but you'd have to know how to do it. Guess I could provide an explanation.
What we lack, would be a version of Monza (72-73-74-75, chicane after the start/finish straight, there is the Rfactor and GTR2 version)... and who knows, an improved version for the 50s ( version short, between 50 and 54 with few trees and the old parabolic curve), version of 55 (10km we have from the perendinator website which seems very good to me). The version of the Automobilista 2 simulator (the 90s, which is also close to the 80s, very complete, but I don't know if it could be converted, the closest we have is the one from 1988 by Carrera)

What we lack, would be a version of Monza (72-73-74-75, chicane after the start/finish straight, there is the Rfactor and GTR2 version)... and who knows, an improved version for the 50s ( version short, between 50 and 54 with few trees and the old parabolic curve), version of 55 (10km we have from the perendinator website which seems very good to me). The version of the Automobilista 2 simulator (the 90s, which is also close to the 80s, very complete, but I don't know if it could be converted, the closest we have is the one from 1988 by Carrera)
I'm not trying to build a new version. I'm simply trying to fix a problem I've had with the stock Monza for a long time. The tree shadows are overdone when using CSP and make the trees look black, at least on my end they do. If I play the base game they are fine. And since I pretty much share anything I do no matter how simple or stupid it is, i'm just trying to gauge the best way to do this for those that might like to try it.

@El Locho. Hi, some one on racedepartment told me you could probably help to fix some issues that i have with some wipers, its for a 5th gen viper pack that i didnt made, but the original creator seems to be retired form this stuff, anyway, I was just adding an exr_config.ini file so it had more modern csp features problem is that i couldnt figure out how to make the wipers work properly.

When i first made them on the viper ta, both wipers where working, then i copied the lines to the other cars and when i tested them only 1 wiper was working including on the first car where i first made them, i tried animating them again but i cant figure it out, the wiper on the pilot side goes all crazy and i cantseem to fiind a way to set the axis and the pivot properly.

I got dizzy from trying and moving on free camera

Attachments

• viperstrykerpack.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 19
Hi all

Is anyone interested in picking up the F1 Custom Championship duties from 2023? - I will be unable to continue due to other life commitments - Fun whilst it lasted and so many great contributors to the tracks, skins and extensions etc - Thank you for indulging me

Cheers Martin

Last edited:
Hi all

Is anyone interested in picking up the F1 Custom Championship duties from 2023? - I will be unable to continue due to other life commitments - Fun whilst it lasted and so may great contributors to the tracks, skins extensions etc - Thank you for indulging me

Cheers Martin
Seems like an appropriate time to call for a round of applause for all the great work you've put in, Martin. 👏👏👏

Last edited:

I would choose 1.) since I only use Pyyers extension if available, no longer stock tracks.

WIP Martin Bm8/bm9/bm10 group 6 proto
anyone interested to work with me on the project? have the real car sitting in the workshop
Looks great, i was working on these below prior to going a bit mad with the USA dirt oval stuff (over 30 US dirt ovals and stacks of dirt oval cars). Keep meaning to go back to them.
Although I've not driven on a tarmac virtual road in AC in a about a month now, just the virtual dirt.

Screenshot_swift_db2_ks_brands_hatch_18-8-122-23-30-50.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all

Is anyone interested in picking up the F1 Custom Championship duties from 2023? - I will be unable to continue due to other life commitments - Fun whilst it lasted and so may great contributors to the tracks, skins extensions etc - Thank you for indulging me

Cheers Martin
Hey Martin,

sad to read this but thanks a lot for what you've done! Even though I never play actual championships in AC, your championships were the ultimate source for my F1 itch. Greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Quick question: will your Google Drive remain accessible in the future?

Hey Martin,

sad to read this but thanks a lot for what you've done! Even though I never play actual championships in AC, your championships were the ultimate source for my F1 itch. Greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Quick question: will your Google Drive remain accessible in the future?
Thank you - Yes I will leave the Drive up and will complete this seasons updates as and when Pyyer releases them into the wild

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back