Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,031 comments
About helmets, I still a fan of this particular one, early 80’s (the brand is Simpson).
I dislike the stig one even if it is an inspiration of those.
Still not that much like the original bandits, but still pretty cool.
Screenshot_legion_formula_vee_mugello_22-2-123-19-54-50.jpg

Screenshot_legion_formula_vee_mugello_22-2-123-19-54-25.jpg

Last edited:
... you can cook a steak on your cpu...
Yummm... or a ratatouille, or a quiche lorraine... French cuisine is appreciated all around the world! 🤤

... we have a fairly good representation of the Next Gen Nascar cars that people can have fun with.

As they are now, they are very interesting cars; good sound, good handling... The only "important" thing really missing are the rear view mirrors on the Camry and Mustang. With that and a few other cosmetic fixes, they would be five star mods.

Thanks for share!

Is it possible to create a direct app or plug-in to add to the Content Manager to select the suit, gloves and helmet (both leather and helmet design) before going to the track? Because I've seen so many glove packs and it's really a shame to have to select them for each skin😩.

Sure, it would be nicer if you could also create your own design (like in Gran Turismo or ACC), but due to some limitations in AC's code and software maybe not possible.

However, with the announcement of the new Assetto Corsa chapter coming in 2024, maybe the driver editor will be directly included...

Thanks Fall Guy.
These are a collaboration between Christopher Dwyer and Darren Schier from Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod group. They do a lot of their own modelling. The source cars may have come from somewhere to begin with, I'm not really sure. Chris has since passed away during this and the car was left a tad on the unfinished side mainly regarding physics. And as we know, AC really doesn't do Ovals very well. That's where I worked to fix that. I figured it would be nice after his passing to try and get the group a good working oval car that tried to fix some of the issues. The tires need to work within certain parameters or they just burn up. Using original tires, the front rights turn lava red. Aero and engine including gear ratios allow for the car to reach real life speeds on tracks like Daytona, Texas, Michigan and so on. AI worked to not crash al the time.
I don't do moddeling, I'm a physics guy so if there are issues outside of the data folder, I have to pass them on to people who are more proficient in that area. If we need to fix anything, I can post updates here. While maybe every single detail hasn't been accounted for, (like the in car display), we have a fairly good representation of the Next Gen Nascar cars that people can have fun with.
These are wonderful cars and allow me to drive some great mod tracks I haven't been able to race much because there were no cars that worked\fit the track. Tracks like @RMi_wood Charlotte oval layout for example. Curious though, are there road versions of these three cars available as well. Would love to whip these around Watkins Glen or Road America.

On another note, I hope i'm not stepping on any toes, but I redid the Ford and Toyota data file to fix the broken mirrors. It was nothing more than incorrect mesh names in the mirrors.ini file. You can use the mirror configurator app to set the display style for the mirrors the way you want them. The original data files are included in case I screwed something up.

And if anyone is interested, I also fixed the rear display cam on the Guerilla Mods McLaren GT4. Since that one is encrypted, I can't repack the data file, but if you want the data folder with the fixed mirror.ini file, just let me know. I'll post it.

EDIT: What's the point in waiting for someone to ask. I also attached the GUE McLaren GT4 data folder with the fixed rear view dash cam. I think you need to rename the data.acd file to some other name in order for the game to read the data folder. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong about that. You'll probably need to use the mirrors configurator app to set the display style.

Attachments

• next_gen_mirror_fix.zip
    183.2 KB · Views: 22
  • mclaren_gt4.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Is it possible to create a direct app or plug-in to add to the Content Manager to select the suit, gloves and helmet (both leather and helmet design) before going to the track? Because I've seen so many glove packs and it's really a shame to have to select them for each skin😩.

Sure, it would be nicer if you could also create your own design (like in Gran Turismo or ACC), but due to some limitations in AC's code and software maybe not possible.

However, with the announcement of the new Assetto Corsa chapter coming in 2024, maybe the driver editor will be directly included...
You can use a "driverskin.ini" in the folder "your name/documents/assetto corsa/cfg", to define the suit, gloves and helmet for each driver model. This then will ALWAYS be used ingame for you as player.

For example: "driverskin.ini"

[driver]
SUIT=\sparco\black
GLOVES=\sparco_racecars_tide_rg9\red
HELMET=\helmet_base_red\2

[driver_no_HANS]
SUIT=\sparco\black
HELMET=\helmet_base_red\2

[driver_60]
SUIT=\plain\red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\black
HELMET=\helmet_1969\dark

[driver_70]
SUIT=\plain\red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\black
HELMET=\helmet_1975_black\checkered

[driver_80]
SUIT=\sparco\black
HELMET=\helmet_1985\red

Try something like this
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME= meshname
COLOR = xx, xx, xx 'Values you want
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0

That works to an extent. It changes the color of the headlights, but it doesn't seem to change the color of the light cast on objects in front of the car. That light still looks blue for some reason. I can't figure out where the game is getting that color from.

EDIT: I think I got it. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Friends, can someone send me a good power.lut for F1 1995 and F1 1996?

I don't know how to edit the power.lut.
F1 1995 hits 301km/h and F1 1996 reaches the 346km/h
Something is very wrong, 'cause the top speed of both it's like 315km/h
Use notepad or any text editor to edit power.lut.
Use https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/ to build it from the data you possess.

Top speed doesn't really have to do with power.lut.
Top speed depend mainly of drivetrain.ini (gears ratio) and engine.ini (rev_limiter).
Higher rev_limiter = higher top speed.
Lower final_gear_ratio = higher top speed.

power.lut define how much enery (or strength) the car have at a given RPM. You need strength to move the car. But the speed depend of "how" (drivetrain) this strength is given to the wheels. You can move the wheels easily if you have enough strength ; or painfully, if you have not.

EDIT:
You may take a look at this: https://motofomo.com/power-and-torque-math/

Last edited:
Released:
Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 63s 4MATIC+ (v0.9)
pfa_mercedes_glc_63_mugello_10_32_27.jpg

pfa_mercedes_glc_63_mugello_10_35_11.jpg

pfa_mercedes_glc_63_mugello_10_36_17.jpg

Code:
Original car (v0.8) by DJP & MOLOD, Sound by grid-777

Rework (v0.9) by Pfalzdriver includes:
- RainFX v2 ready
- Open Bonnet (Extra-A)
- Basic HUD (Extra-B)
- Working Wipers, both front and rear
- LODs
- VAO
- Fixed external/internal meshes
- Damage and dirt textures (dirt texture will be replaced in the future tho)
- Damaged glass and body
- New plates
- Fixed engine damage caused by turbos
- Fixed dash light, added extra symbols
- Physics adjustments
- Adjusted cameras
- Removed semislicks
- Removed some skins and unnecessary files
- Fixed some textures and shaders
- Replaced navigator with android
- Extension updated
- CM Paintshop
- Camera Trajectory
and much more

Download @YT

Here's a little data replacement I put together for the FSR GR86 Cup. Delete the old data file/folder inside the car (maybe keep them somewhere so you can switch back) and drop these in. There's also a setup file in there, just drop that into any track you like.
Story behind this: I wasn't happy with how the car felt, so I started fiddling with it. Bear in mind, I have no background/experience with this stuff, so it just goes by how I feel in the car. That's also the reason for the setup file. Basically, it's meant to be the all-time-on, default setup.
Anything I've done might work for you with that setup, or it might not. It could work for other setups, I don't know.
A few notes:
I changed mainly the car.ini, drivetrain.ini, setup.ini, suspension.ini and the power.lut
The power data is eyeballed, so definitely too smooth
I'm pretty sure the dampers are f'd up, I stopped toying with them; while driving they feel overdamped but ok(ish) to me.
I think the brakes are on the weak side
Flames and lights n stuff are missing
As for the notes in the UI, they're just a digital post-it for me, to keep track of what I notice being missing/off/wrong. Keep them, disregard them, delete them, whatever.

For me, these changes have turned this car into something I actually enjoy driving. As with anything in here: if you like it, here you have it, if you don't like it, leave it be.
Most importantly, have fun on track!

Yummm... or a ratatouille, or a quiche lorraine... French cuisine is appreciated all around the world! 🤤
Your computer doesn't. Or at least wont, I'm afraid.

Good thing it's talking data around here, I got a simple question : is there any way to modify simple info on encrypted cars ? Like, AI.ini where the cars wont start because gear change is too high, or driver3D.ini where the shift animation is set on the wrong side, etc...
I get that we can't bake the data files from CM, but is there another way ? is ext_config capable of overwriting this sort of info ?

Really a shame when modders are more focused on encrypting what's not their to begin with rather than polishing their work.

Nissan 300ZX JGTC version 8(base 2)
__custom_showroom_1679563887.jpg

A new base means you have to delete the old one

before adding the new one

(Delete the folder "nissan_300zx_jgtc"

from"\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\")

changes

-Added headlights

-New rear lights

-Rain ready"I think"&wiper

-4 New skins (20 total)

-Some other changes

-Fixed AO map

-Some changes in the "ext_config.ini"

Special thanks to

Patrik Varga
for the light reflections

To all that helping me "forums youtube and comments etc..."

And A BIG THANKS to all my
Patreons and on Youtube that support me

Download for free: Patreon

__custom_showroom_1679563897.jpg
__custom_showroom_1679563915.jpg
__custom_showroom_1679563979.jpg

Here's a little data replacement I put together for the FSR GR86 Cup. Delete the old data file/folder inside the car (maybe keep them somewhere so you can switch back) and drop these in. There's also a setup file in there, just drop that into any track you like.
Story behind this: I wasn't happy with how the car felt, so I started fiddling with it. Bear in mind, I have no background/experience with this stuff, so it just goes by how I feel in the car. That's also the reason for the setup file. Basically, it's meant to be the all-time-on, default setup.
Anything I've done might work for you with that setup, or it might not. It could work for other setups, I don't know.
A few notes:
I changed mainly the car.ini, drivetrain.ini, setup.ini, suspension.ini and the power.lut
The power data is eyeballed, so definitely too smooth
I'm pretty sure the dampers are f'd up, I stopped toying with them; while driving they feel overdamped but ok(ish) to me.
I think the brakes are on the weak side
Flames and lights n stuff are missing
As for the notes in the UI, they're just a digital post-it for me, to keep track of what I notice being missing/off/wrong. Keep them, disregard them, delete them, whatever.

For me, these changes have turned this car into something I actually enjoy driving. As with anything in here: if you like it, here you have it, if you don't like it, leave it be.
Most importantly, have fun on track!

Another stealed car from iracing ? i hope one day iracing sue them for selling stealed content

Very nice shots mate, what settings are you playing?
I use loads but that one is default weathers (by ilija) which I've fiddled with and tweaked over time, filter again a tweaked one based on natural filter.
I have all the SOL's and Pures but always go back to default weathers I tweaked, i have about 30 weathers configs and over 40 pp filters.

I have over 40 configs just for CSP which are saved and i chop and change.

I need to get rid of some.... like my modding, its ordered chaos.

A new driveable showroom concept, needs more work on lighting.
And an early base for another one that needs lights and refining.

Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_soff_23-2-123-14-54-13.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_soff_23-2-123-14-49-51.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_soff_23-2-123-14-49-31.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_pccase_23-2-123-14-58-3.jpg

Last edited:
These are wonderful cars and allow me to drive some great mod tracks I haven't been able to race much because there were no cars that worked\fit the track. Tracks like @RMi_wood Charlotte oval layout for example. Curious though, are there road versions of these three cars available as well. Would love to whip these around Watkins Glen or Road America.

On another note, I hope i'm not stepping on any toes, but I redid the Ford and Toyota data file to fix the broken mirrors. It was nothing more than incorrect mesh names in the mirrors.ini file. You can use the mirror configurator app to set the display style for the mirrors the way you want them. The original data files are included in case I screwed something up.
Thank you, I appreciate the fix. No stepping on toes. Something I overlooked to be honest. 😬
I planned on doing Road Course versions as well. I'm trying to get to it soon. You really do need to have separate oval and road course version to do it right in AC.

Use notepad or any text editor to edit power.lut.
Use https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/ to build it from the data you possess.

Top speed doesn't really have to do with power.lut.
Top speed depend mainly of drivetrain.ini (gears ratio) and engine.ini (rev_limiter).
Higher rev_limiter = higher top speed.
Lower final_gear_ratio = higher top speed.

power.lut define how much enery (or strength) the car have at a given RPM. You need strength to move the car. But the speed depend of "how" (drivetrain) this strength is given to the wheels. You can move the wheels easily if you have enough strength ; or painfully, if you have not.

EDIT:
You may take a look at this: https://motofomo.com/power-and-torque-math/
Don't forget that aero also has a role in top speed. A lot more than I intially thought

Hi guys!
Sorry for going really off topic here but i've been searching Gtplanet for the last couple of hours trying to find the Toprace GT3 conversions. All of the links i've come across didn't work. I have their Lexus RCF GT3 and it drives like a dream.
Can anyone give me a fresh Gdrive link or something for their GT3 cars?
Thanks in advance

Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2.0

Finally i got the time and help to finish it . I hope you like it.

9 layouts.
  • Indy 500
  • Indy GP
  • F1 GP (based on USA F1 GP)
  • Moto GP
  • Loco GP (based on Infield Layout from older conversions)
  • All road courses have reversed layouts.
----
AI, AI limits, VAO patches DRS zones by KevinK2
Cams by DaBaeda

Many thanks to Coby Hill, KevinK2, slider666, Fanapryde and DaBaeda i appreciate your help a lot.

Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg
Anyone knows if this is an rF2 conversion? (It is a conversion - from something - damone said so himself, and it's the reason it's not on RD - but from what?)

S397 updated the Indy Road Course from the 2008-2013 layout to the 2014- layout on 10 Feb, 2021, and this post from damone is from 20 Mar, 2021, so theoretically it's possble, if a bit tight.

Last edited:
Anyone knows if this is an rF2 conversion? (It is a conversion - from something - damone said so himself, and it's the reason it's not on RD - but from what?)

S397 updated the Indy Road Course from the 2008-2013 layout to the 2014- layout on 10 Feb, 2021, and this post from damone is from 20 Mar, 2021, so theoretically it's possble, if a bit tight.
Might be from NascarHeat5

Your computer doesn't. Or at least wont, I'm afraid.

Good thing it's talking data around here, I got a simple question : is there any way to modify simple info on encrypted cars ? Like, AI.ini where the cars wont start because gear change is too high, or driver3D.ini where the shift animation is set on the wrong side, etc...
I get that we can't bake the data files from CM, but is there another way ? is ext_config capable of overwriting this sort of info ?

Really a shame when modders are more focused on encrypting what's not their to begin with rather than polishing their work.
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I think you can still unpack the data file using CM even if it's encrypted. Then you can modify the files you want. You just won't be able to re-pack the data file. So you will have to rename the data.acd file to something like data_backup.acd. Then the game will read the files in the data folder instead of the data file and your changes should take effect.

Might be from NascarHeat5
Huh, I got scared for a moment - but no, that's definitely not it, I just checked a video of the Indy RC from NASCAR Heat 5 and the track there has completely different geometry, object placements, kerbs etc. (Needless to say almost comically inaccurate.) Luckily it's not it.

rF2 is reasonably accurate, obviously not as much as the laser-scanned ACC version (which would be good enough for me had it not ran that silly Tilke loop for T5-6-7 instead of the modern chicane).

And damone's version is close enough to rF2's, but I'm not sure.

Let's tag the man himself, maybe he's still around sometimes. @damone13x

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I think you can still unpack the data file using CM even if it's encrypted. Then you can modify the files you want. You just won't be able to re-pack the data file. So you will have to rename the data.acd file to something like data_backup.acd. Then the game will read the files in the data folder instead of the data file and your changes should take effect.
as far as i remember, if you try to unpack an encrypted data, you can extract the files, but they are totally destroyed and unreadable.

Does anyone have a mod for portland that doesn’t have big issues and looks alright too? Only two decent mods i know of are damone and simtraxx, but both have the pit limiter hang onto the start-finish straight next to the pitwall and some t1 track limit problems

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back