Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,766 comments
  • 51,962,685 views

Brainerd International Raceway (with historic layout)​

Brilliant. Thank you.
 
I would bring that up with them on their page.
Here are the newly updated Next-Gen cars that are designed for Oval Racing that are waiting to be put up on the page.



These cars have been updated to run smoothly on oval tracks. Tires, Setup, AI, etc have been adjusted to give a better experience in turning left at high speeds. Here's a share before they get it up officially on their page.
Setup is neutral so that it makes it easier for asymmetrical setups. AI on 100% is very competitive and have been tested with very little crashing (which is a known problem with AC's AI on oval racing).
Please Delete older versions due to some file changes such as duplicate skins.
View attachment 1241406
View attachment 1241408View attachment 1241407

Great cars! May I ask where the origin is from? And will you post updates here as well, since no facebook access?

Thank you!
 
Anyone playing AC on an external HD ? How do you make it work ? Have way too many files on my computer and an empty , working HD laying around lol.
 
Anyone playing AC on an external HD ? How do you make it work ? Have way too many files on my computer and an empty , working HD laying around lol.
depends on what version of windows you are on. but get familiar with symlinks/junctions.

in my case ac main installation is in c:\program files, additional tracks and cars on the other drive (folders also named \cars and \tracks) are in junction with folders in the ac main installation. i prefer "link shell extension" (https://www.heise.de/download/product/link-shell-extension-39057).

i hope you external drive is no turtle (and needs a assigned/fixed drive letter)!

(see for reference: https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/ ;
 
Last edited:
depends on what version of windows you are on. but get familiar with symlinks/junctions.

in my case ac main installation is in c:\program files, additional tracks and cars on the other drive (folders also named \cars and \tracks) are in junction with folders in the ac main installation. i prefer "link shell extension" (https://www.heise.de/download/product/link-shell-extension-39057).

i hope you external drive is no turtle (and needs a assigned/fixed drive letter)!

(see for reference: https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/ ;
Was thinking about installing the game on another drive as I'll be starting on a new machine anyway (laptop, I'm always on the move so....).
 
Anyone playing AC on an external HD ? How do you make it work ? Have way too many files on my computer and an empty , working HD laying around lol.
I am. I posted about it here:
 
Moved to a new computer and my Content Manager won't recognize the specific date setting and give me fall color like before, any ideas? P.S. Where is the Content Manager folder located?
 
Last edited:
About helmets, I still a fan of this particular one, early 80’s (the brand is Simpson).
I dislike the stig one even if it is an inspiration of those.
Simspon Bandit, i love it!
 
That's why i ALWAYS put in my config

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Never understood the way to create a config outside the track folder. If you delete the track, and not the config, you will always have a lot of crap in the extension folder. Since 2014 i had in my HDD over 1gb of VAO and config which were useless until i removed everything.
Where you write this?
 
Great cars! May I ask where the origin is from? And will you post updates here as well, since no facebook access?

Thank you!
Thanks Fall Guy.
These are a collaboration between Christopher Dwyer and Darren Schier from Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod group. They do a lot of their own modelling. The source cars may have come from somewhere to begin with, I'm not really sure. Chris has since passed away during this and the car was left a tad on the unfinished side mainly regarding physics. And as we know, AC really doesn't do Ovals very well. That's where I worked to fix that. I figured it would be nice after his passing to try and get the group a good working oval car that tried to fix some of the issues. The tires need to work within certain parameters or they just burn up. Using original tires, the front rights turn lava red. Aero and engine including gear ratios allow for the car to reach real life speeds on tracks like Daytona, Texas, Michigan and so on. AI worked to not crash al the time.
I don't do moddeling, I'm a physics guy so if there are issues outside of the data folder, I have to pass them on to people who are more proficient in that area. If we need to fix anything, I can post updates here. While maybe every single detail hasn't been accounted for, (like the in car display), we have a fairly good representation of the Next Gen Nascar cars that people can have fun with.
 
Last edited:
Anyone know if you can alter headlight colors through a car's ext_config file or do I need to crack open the data file and edit the lights.ini file? Some of the AC Legends cars have really colorful headlight colors and I can't stand them. I'm not a fan of blue headlights. I much prefer a simple whiteish\yellowish looking light. Just want to know which is the best method to use.
Try something like this
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME= meshname
COLOR = xx, xx, xx 'Values you want
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0

 
About helmets, I still a fan of this particular one, early 80’s (the brand is Simpson).
I dislike the stig one even if it is an inspiration of those.
Something like Kamen Rider, tokusatsu or kinda.
 
@Mike08

I've just downloaded and installed your Ibarra update from your Patreon page, and it looks nothing like your images. It still looks like the original old mod, and there's no grassfx. I've double-checked the installation, and even downloaded the last version (from Breathe's list) and reinstalled it, then installed your updates, and it didn't make any difference. I've also checked to make sure there isn't an ext_config in the main extension folder in the AC directory, I'm using CSP 0.1.79, ID 2144.

UPDATE! -- @Mike08 replied to me on Patreon. You must download and install the track mod for which he provides a link on his post. Then install his updates. Do not use any of the other versions that are available for Ibarra. It now looks wonderful, like the image.

1.png
 
Last edited:
inside the ext_config.ini of the track (or car) like you see

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1
Thank you!

Friends, can someone send me a good power.lut for F1 1995 and F1 1996?

I don't know how to edit the power.lut.
F1 1995 hits 301km/h and F1 1996 reaches the 346km/h
Something is very wrong, 'cause the top speed of both it's like 315km/h
 
... you can cook a steak on your cpu...
Yummm... or a ratatouille, or a quiche lorraine... French cuisine is appreciated all around the world! 🤤

... we have a fairly good representation of the Next Gen Nascar cars that people can have fun with.

As they are now, they are very interesting cars; good sound, good handling... The only "important" thing really missing are the rear view mirrors on the Camry and Mustang. With that and a few other cosmetic fixes, they would be five star mods.

Thanks for share!
 
Is there an easy way to convert ACC skins to AC? That is of course for the ACC converted cars in AC
 
Last edited:
Is it possible to create a direct app or plug-in to add to the Content Manager to select the suit, gloves and helmet (both leather and helmet design) before going to the track? Because I've seen so many glove packs and it's really a shame to have to select them for each skin😩.

Sure, it would be nicer if you could also create your own design (like in Gran Turismo or ACC), but due to some limitations in AC's code and software maybe not possible.

However, with the announcement of the new Assetto Corsa chapter coming in 2024, maybe the driver editor will be directly included...
 
Thanks Fall Guy.
These are a collaboration between Christopher Dwyer and Darren Schier from Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod group. They do a lot of their own modelling. The source cars may have come from somewhere to begin with, I'm not really sure. Chris has since passed away during this and the car was left a tad on the unfinished side mainly regarding physics. And as we know, AC really doesn't do Ovals very well. That's where I worked to fix that. I figured it would be nice after his passing to try and get the group a good working oval car that tried to fix some of the issues. The tires need to work within certain parameters or they just burn up. Using original tires, the front rights turn lava red. Aero and engine including gear ratios allow for the car to reach real life speeds on tracks like Daytona, Texas, Michigan and so on. AI worked to not crash al the time.
I don't do moddeling, I'm a physics guy so if there are issues outside of the data folder, I have to pass them on to people who are more proficient in that area. If we need to fix anything, I can post updates here. While maybe every single detail hasn't been accounted for, (like the in car display), we have a fairly good representation of the Next Gen Nascar cars that people can have fun with.
These are wonderful cars and allow me to drive some great mod tracks I haven't been able to race much because there were no cars that worked\fit the track. Tracks like @RMi_wood Charlotte oval layout for example. Curious though, are there road versions of these three cars available as well. Would love to whip these around Watkins Glen or Road America.

On another note, I hope i'm not stepping on any toes, but I redid the Ford and Toyota data file to fix the broken mirrors. It was nothing more than incorrect mesh names in the mirrors.ini file. You can use the mirror configurator app to set the display style for the mirrors the way you want them. The original data files are included in case I screwed something up.

And if anyone is interested, I also fixed the rear display cam on the Guerilla Mods McLaren GT4. Since that one is encrypted, I can't repack the data file, but if you want the data folder with the fixed mirror.ini file, just let me know. I'll post it.

EDIT: What's the point in waiting for someone to ask. I also attached the GUE McLaren GT4 data folder with the fixed rear view dash cam. I think you need to rename the data.acd file to some other name in order for the game to read the data folder. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong about that. You'll probably need to use the mirrors configurator app to set the display style.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Is it possible to create a direct app or plug-in to add to the Content Manager to select the suit, gloves and helmet (both leather and helmet design) before going to the track? Because I've seen so many glove packs and it's really a shame to have to select them for each skin😩.

Sure, it would be nicer if you could also create your own design (like in Gran Turismo or ACC), but due to some limitations in AC's code and software maybe not possible.

However, with the announcement of the new Assetto Corsa chapter coming in 2024, maybe the driver editor will be directly included...
You can use a "driverskin.ini" in the folder "your name/documents/assetto corsa/cfg", to define the suit, gloves and helmet for each driver model. This then will ALWAYS be used ingame for you as player.

For example: "driverskin.ini"

[driver]
SUIT=\sparco\black
GLOVES=\sparco_racecars_tide_rg9\red
HELMET=\helmet_base_red\2

[driver_no_HANS]
SUIT=\sparco\black
GLOVES=\sparco_racecars_tide_rg9\red
HELMET=\helmet_base_red\2

[driver_60]
SUIT=\plain\red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\black
HELMET=\helmet_1969\dark

[driver_70]
SUIT=\plain\red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\black
HELMET=\helmet_1975_black\checkered

[driver_80]
SUIT=\sparco\black
GLOVES=\sparco_racecars_tide_rg9\red
HELMET=\helmet_1985\red
 
Try something like this
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
NAME= meshname
COLOR = xx, xx, xx 'Values you want
OFF_COLOR = 0, 0, 0

That works to an extent. It changes the color of the headlights, but it doesn't seem to change the color of the light cast on objects in front of the car. That light still looks blue for some reason. I can't figure out where the game is getting that color from.

EDIT: I think I got it. Thanks for the push in the right direction.
 
Last edited:
Thank you!

Friends, can someone send me a good power.lut for F1 1995 and F1 1996?

I don't know how to edit the power.lut.
F1 1995 hits 301km/h and F1 1996 reaches the 346km/h
Something is very wrong, 'cause the top speed of both it's like 315km/h
Use notepad or any text editor to edit power.lut.
Use https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/ to build it from the data you possess.

Top speed doesn't really have to do with power.lut.
Top speed depend mainly of drivetrain.ini (gears ratio) and engine.ini (rev_limiter).
Higher rev_limiter = higher top speed.
Lower final_gear_ratio = higher top speed.

power.lut define how much enery (or strength) the car have at a given RPM. You need strength to move the car. But the speed depend of "how" (drivetrain) this strength is given to the wheels. You can move the wheels easily if you have enough strength ; or painfully, if you have not.


EDIT:
You may take a look at this: https://motofomo.com/power-and-torque-math/
 
Last edited:
Released:
Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC 63s 4MATIC+ (v0.9)
pfa_mercedes_glc_63_mugello_10_32_27.jpg


pfa_mercedes_glc_63_mugello_10_35_11.jpg

pfa_mercedes_glc_63_mugello_10_36_17.jpg

Code:
Original car (v0.8) by DJP & MOLOD, Sound by grid-777

Rework (v0.9) by Pfalzdriver includes:
- RainFX v2 ready
- Open Bonnet (Extra-A)
- Basic HUD (Extra-B)
- Working Wipers, both front and rear
- LODs
- VAO
- Fixed external/internal meshes
- Damage and dirt textures (dirt texture will be replaced in the future tho)
- Damaged glass and body
- New plates
- Fixed engine damage caused by turbos
- Fixed dash light, added extra symbols
- Physics adjustments
- Adjusted cameras
- Removed semislicks
- Removed some skins and unnecessary files
- Fixed some textures and shaders
- Replaced navigator with android
- Extension updated
- CM Paintshop
- Camera Trajectory
and much more

Download @YT
 
Here's a little data replacement I put together for the FSR GR86 Cup. Delete the old data file/folder inside the car (maybe keep them somewhere so you can switch back) and drop these in. There's also a setup file in there, just drop that into any track you like.
Story behind this: I wasn't happy with how the car felt, so I started fiddling with it. Bear in mind, I have no background/experience with this stuff, so it just goes by how I feel in the car. That's also the reason for the setup file. Basically, it's meant to be the all-time-on, default setup.
Anything I've done might work for you with that setup, or it might not. It could work for other setups, I don't know.
A few notes:
I changed mainly the car.ini, drivetrain.ini, setup.ini, suspension.ini and the power.lut
The power data is eyeballed, so definitely too smooth
I'm pretty sure the dampers are f'd up, I stopped toying with them; while driving they feel overdamped but ok(ish) to me.
I think the brakes are on the weak side
Flames and lights n stuff are missing
As for the notes in the UI, they're just a digital post-it for me, to keep track of what I notice being missing/off/wrong. Keep them, disregard them, delete them, whatever.

For me, these changes have turned this car into something I actually enjoy driving. As with anything in here: if you like it, here you have it, if you don't like it, leave it be.
Most importantly, have fun on track!

 
Yummm... or a ratatouille, or a quiche lorraine... French cuisine is appreciated all around the world! 🤤
Your computer doesn't. Or at least wont, I'm afraid.

Good thing it's talking data around here, I got a simple question : is there any way to modify simple info on encrypted cars ? Like, AI.ini where the cars wont start because gear change is too high, or driver3D.ini where the shift animation is set on the wrong side, etc...
I get that we can't bake the data files from CM, but is there another way ? is ext_config capable of overwriting this sort of info ?

Really a shame when modders are more focused on encrypting what's not their to begin with rather than polishing their work.
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back