Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,200 comments
Legend @racinjoe013 - thanks, looking forward to downloading and trying out

When using the Lotus 98T by Kunos how do you or should you use the turbo I keep blowing up the engine within about 10 laps. Is it only used for overtakes ? or up the pressure on the straights ? what pressure should I use for normal racing ?

Regards

Mark

View attachment 1248095
Hi racinjoe

Slight problem not sire what it is but as I enter the long straight track looks like this for a couple of hundred yards then goes back to normal. Are you aware ? Fix ? This problem is not on the original track. I'm running 0.1.80 preview 115 and pure if that helps.

Regards

Mark
Is there an occlusion box anywhere? I had to delete these when seeing the same issue on Sebring '66, was related to an update in CSP 1.80

btw has anyone infos on Ilja ? its been nearly 5 Months since his latest preview...

He's doing some work with Daniel from HSS on some mystery project, not sure if that's tied into AC or not.

Some other people more 'in the know' than me (which is nearly everyone) have mentioned some features that are expected to be in the next CSP, so I'm sure there's one planned in there. Always going to get more difficult to maintain and add things too as it gets bigger and bigger though.

Goodnight. If the moderators see fit to "delete" the link, no problem.

These versions of the Ferrari 312 B3 used the version of the 312 T ( by Kunos ) as a base.
It's not perfection, it's just for good fun as I always say. The problems are the usual ones.

It can be used together with the F1 1975 mod ( 312 B3 from 1975 early season ) and a future F1 1974 mod ( 312 B3: early, early 2, final ).

Good fun to all the "Ferraristas" who appreciate the Scuderia. This 312 B3 has always been one of my favorites.

Ferrari 312B3
Hey man can you please upload that again that link expired and i've been searching for a 312b3 for the entire day

hello dear friends

how can i fix blurry image in left mirror?

mirror app ignores that mirror

Attachments

• Screenshot_sky_audi_r8_v8_mugello_15-3-123-23-58-39-accum.png
    Screenshot_sky_audi_r8_v8_mugello_15-3-123-23-58-39-accum.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 12
Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v1.0

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list. If you have a preferred ai you use with the original track, just copy it over to this version if you decide to use this. I'm not sure which ai version the track currently has right now because I was swapping out different versions.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.
-- Animated CSP smoke in the fall and winter.

-- Slightly altered grass textures to fit my eye better. Three versions for this you can try if you want with a simple ext_config edit. Towards the bottom of the config is a section named Grass Look. There are two [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] sections for the GRASS_A_MUD material that you can set Active or Inactive to slightly change the look. If you set them both to ACTIVE=0, the grass will be much greener and more saturated. The two alternatives give a progressively more brown tint. I like having the second one set active, which is how it is by default. You can monkey around with the ambient and diffuse values to get a brightness you prefer.

-- Reworked sand areas to give them some character and eliminate the monotonous look. I took some creative liberties with this so it's not 100% accurate to the real track at that time. There are two ways you can have the sand areas look on the Mulsanne Straight. By default it has more green grass than it probably should, but it helps to break up the look. The second way has less grass and more of a brown tint. To enable the alternate version, open up the models.ini file and in the [MODEL_2] section, change the line that reads FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain.kn5 to FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain2.kn5.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just disable the Trees track skin.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times. As mentioned, the Trees track skin can be disabled as well, but always leave the Terrain skin enabled.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Links been updated with a new version that (fingers crossed) fixes things for people who have the same problem that @MARKDENNY has at the start of the Mulsanne Straight. I fixed the faulty .kn5 files (hopefully), but the fix can also be done via the ext_config. That means if you downloaded the track already, you can just use the attached ext_config files. Extract them to the track's extension folder and overwrite the existing ones.

If the problem still exists, please let me know and i'll try again. It's tough to troubleshoot it when it doesn't happen to me.

Attachments

• lemans_1967_ext_configs.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hello gtplanet, i have an issue with yellowing in some area's and some yellowing of outlines. not all cars are like this but a fair few are. is there anything i can do about this? i have had a quick search elsewhere but i am unable to find an answer. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc_jr_road_atlanta_2022_15-3-123-22-27-6.jpg
    Screenshot_bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc_jr_road_atlanta_2022_15-3-123-22-27-6.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_drm_aero_ks_brands_hatch_11-3-123-4-18-6.jpg
    Screenshot_drm_aero_ks_brands_hatch_11-3-123-4-18-6.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 19
When using the Lotus 98T by Kunos how do you or should you use the turbo I keep blowing up the engine within about 10 laps. Is it only used for overtakes ? or up the pressure on the straights ? what pressure should I use for normal racing ?

Regards

Mark

View attachment 1248095
Hi racinjoe

Slight problem not sire what it is but as I enter the long straight track looks like this for a couple of hundred yards then goes back to normal. Are you aware ? Fix ? This problem is not on the original track. I'm running 0.1.80 preview 115 and pure if that helps.

Regards

Mark
Check if you have that active as below (ExtraFX). I´ve had these issues as well and got rid of them once I enabled SSLR for cockpit (interior camera) back again.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 234517.jpg

hello dear friends

how can i fix blurry image in left mirror?

mirror app ignores that mirror
What car is that? It looks to me like an incorrect mirror assignment in the data file or the mirror is not setup correctly. I can have a quick look if you tell me what car it is.

Nevermind. I got the car name from your pic. Hopefully I used the same version of the car you have. If something seems different, get me a link to the version you are using and i'll do this again. The attached data file will fix the mirrors. He capitalized the letters in the mirrors.ini file when the mesh names were all lower case.

Attachments

• sky_audi_r8_v8_data_file.zip
    100.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What car is that? It looks to me like an incorrect mirror assignment in the data file or the mirror is not setup correctly. I can have a quick look if you tell me what car it is.

Nevermind. I got the car name from your pic. Hopefully I used the same version of the car you have. If something seems different, get me a link to the version you are using and i'll do this again. The attached data file will fix the mirrors. He capitalized the letters in the mirrors.ini file when the mesh names were all lower case.
Thank you for your quick reply and solution. I can't believe it's solved with lowercase only :bowdown::banghead::banghead::bowdown:

I totally missed a LiDAR-based Summit Point ocming out recently - Will try it, should be a great one!
If someone runs into a track doesn't load issue, delete camera_facing.ini from the data folder, remove misplaced spaces and characters from the surfaces.ini (including the last two rows) and reverse the order of model_0 and model_1 in models.ini...

Bit unfinished-looking track, this is, but maaaan, the LiDAR means the layout, cambers and elevations are spot on, and it's a frickin' difficult track! Great flow and fun though.

EDIT: Actually the key to run it on a non-CSP AC is removing the reference to the below wav file in surfaces.ini, nothing else:

[SURFACE_0]
WAV_PITCH=extended-0 <-- delete "extended-0" so it's just "WAV_PITCH="

Last edited:
Today a new Release from me:
The Bentley Continental GT3 2018
The car has the following features:
Sprint and Endu Kit
LED Lights via Config
Working SAS Display + Racelogic with switchable Pages via EXTRA_A
DRL on of under idle RPM or via EXTRA_B
Rain Tires + physics
Sound by Corsamode

The car is pretty easy to drive, it is just a little bit edgy out of the corners.

Included in the car folder is a PDF File with all the needed informations for skinning

View attachment 1247679

Crypted car =
image.png

Go into surfaces for each layout, anything that says IS_VALID_TRACK=1 make sure damping is at 0 and dirt additive is at 0. This is what I did to mine to make it drive more like GT6. Now you won't bog down in the dirt and it won't accumulate on your tires. Downside is it won't make a dust trail but that's not that big of an issue. You'll still get less grip on the dirt due to friction level.

image.png
THANK YOU for your help!!! I changed on all the layouts for [SURFACE_5] KEY=GRAVEL the damping=0 and the dirt additive=0 now it's better

Last edited:
Crypted car =
image.png
What is the problem with encrypted cars?😂
The model itself is easy to get and I want to prevent people from changing physics because it wil destroy the balance to URDs my other GT3 Cars. And I don't want that there are 5 different versions of my car at the end..
Like I said, contact me on discord (my dc name is in the PDF file inside the car folder) if you found a problem and I'll fix it.
So I really don't under stand what the problem is.. you just have to contact me if you found something instead of fixing it by yourself..
And if somebody knows my stuff, he knows that I'll fix anything on my cars too😅

The model itself is easy to get and I want to prevent people from changing physics because it wil destroy the balance to URDs my other GT3 Cars. And I don't want that there are 5 different versions of my car at the end..
Like I said, contact me on discord (my dc name is in the PDF file inside the car folder) if you found a problem and I'll fix it.
So I really don't under stand what the problem is.. you just have to contact me if you found something instead of fixing it by yourself..
Encypted cars means that i can't fix errors that are almost ALWAYS present in every mod (wrong onboard camera or even not set one), it prevent me from fixin things that maybe for you are ok, meanwhile for others (like tracks) aren't. You probably be the only one who is open to fix things upon request, but encryption is the worst thing in modding scene.

Oh, btw, i don't know the car because i didn't even downloaded btw (like i do for the 99% of encrypted stuff), but maybe yours is more than perfect as it is ;)

Last edited:
Encypted cars means that i can't fix errors that are almost ALWAYS present in every mod (wrong onboard camera or even not set one), it prevent me from fixin things that maybe for you are ok, meanwhile for others (like tracks) aren't. You probably be the only one who is open to fix things upon request, but encryption is the worst thing in modding scene.

Oh, btw, i don't know the car because i didn't even downloaded btw (like i do for the 99% of encrypted stuff), but maybe yours is more than perfect as it is ;)
That's true, I agree...

Last edited:
For me personally the driver position in vr usually needs tweaked slightly to avoid clipping etc. The new URD Super GT cars have a big issue with that and I'll not buy any of their mods going forward as they're now no good to me.

For me personally the driver position in vr usually needs tweaked slightly to avoid clipping etc. The new URD Super GT cars have a big issue with that and I'll not buy any of their mods going forward as they're now no good to me.
I don't have VR, but can you not just use the 'Onboard Settings' app to adjust the view? I've never had any issue adjusting my viewing position in any car, encrypted or otherwise (and I tweak it for practically every car to suit my rig).

Capture.PNG

I don't have VR, but can you not just use the 'Onboard Settings' app to adjust the view? I've never had any issue adjusting my viewing position in any car, encrypted or otherwise (and I tweak it for practically every car to suit my rig).

View attachment 1248306
Yes. but this way means a save of a local config (not stored in the car data itself) which means that (like me) if i archive the car and reinstall one day AC on another drive i have to readjust ALL the cars that needs tweaks unless i backup also that external folder which makes things annoying.

And this works only for eyes view, onboard cams are not saved unless data.acd is unpacked

Last edited:

View attachment 1248306
I mean the actual driver. The hands and shift changes etc. can be very tricky to get just right. The hands cut through the steering wheel and can look very unrealistic.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back