Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,731 comments
  • 51,825,329 views
I haven't looked for a solution yet, but I've seen this on practically every track, including Kunos tracks.
I don't remember seeing this before updating to CSP 0.1.80-p115.
@giorgos_nes
seems this CSP option messes with grass on some tracks
disable as shown if there are grass rendering issues.
image.png
 
Last edited:
Hello lads.
I have this track that when starting lights go green, all cars start, but suddenly after a few meters, they stop.
They try to go left and stop, what is odd, is that is one car that really start running. Only one.
There is only fast lane inside AI file.
Can someone help with the AI please? As I don't know/remember if I can post the track here, whoever can help me
please can be so kind and PM me?

Thank you.
Hi Paulo. What track are you talking about? Most of the time the reason for this problem is a bad fast-lane.ai. Display the line by activating the in-game app AI_line_helper. Then check the fast-lane which is the purple/violett line. This line should be continous without any zick-zack-pattern at start/finish. When the modder does not drive around the track more than once for recording, this strange problem can appear. If it is that problem the only solution is a new fast-lane.
 
The only reason why I would understand encryption is for scratch made stuff. Like, fully scratch made. Because it is entirely your's in the first place. If the car/track is a conversion of any other source, legally acquired or not, it's claiming exclusive property, no matter how "good" your content is. Imagine being in a store, buying (legally) a toy and as soon as you buy it, you paint it all red. Now, you claim ownership of all the same toys that are also painted in red. Sounds silly ? Yep.

But I must say, I'm not mad at modders who encrypt their content. I don't understand, but It's their choice. Unpopular opinion maybe, but if I'm mad at someone about encryption, it's for "the one" (or the many) who made it possible in the first place, crushing the spirit of everything I love in modding. I wont blame names or anything, nor here nor to myself, but if the're is a guilty one, this is "him" (maybe Ilja, maybe someone else, hell maybe Kunos themselves, I dunno). Still, glad to see people not encrypting their content at all and keeping that spirit alive.
Well like everything it is 'bustable' from what I've seen on other forums.
Pretty sure some of EASY's recent reg or rex or whatever mods where encrypted but he has managed to 'fix' them and they aren't now encrypted.

This topic comes up A LOT.
It is what it is, option is there and some take it, nothing will change it.
Same as people that think private mods should never be shown in public, it makes no sense.
Modders can do what they like with their mods at the end of the day.
Vast majority of people playing AC are not fiddling behind the scenes like us lot, they are just getting cars and playing the game, they don't care that they can't get into the data files because i guess 80 percent of AC base don't even know how to access it, it isn't on their radar.
Do i care ever that Raceroom is encrypted when i play it?
Do i care that a tree is not green enough?
No because i can't do anything about it.

We here are in a bubble, nothing wrong with that, but i think its easy to assume this thread is some example of the AC player base and I'd guess its not.
Most want a filter they download one, download a car, download a track, download greener trees, download cameras.

They don't care about encryption or private mods.
Encryption was to stop the 20 percent or whatever who mod stuff.
Basically the same bubble we are all in.
Anyone outside of it won't give a damn and that is the ''market' for want of a better word.
Same as VR users, they think there are millions playing AC in VR because the ones who have it are so vocal about it, but barely anyone is using VR compared to screens, no one is going to cater just to VR unless a modder uses VR right.

Bubbles.
 
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

While the 6 hours of Portimao race is ongoing I was looking for the best version of the track on Google and I came across some work done by great GTplanet members a few years ago. Unfortunately all the links I found on the various forum posts are dead / have expired :(

Would someone who has the track be kind of enough to share it again? thanks.
 
Hi everyone,

released in parallel on RD, here is my new TV camera set for Reboot Team's Mount Panorama Circuit. It's meant to be realistic, so all cameras are positioned behind guardrails and the locations are inspired by real TV footage from the past 35 years.



Note: the camera file goes into content\tracks\rt_bathurst\data and is named to overwrite the first of the 2 default cameras.

If someone from Reboot Team reads this, please feel free to include this camera set in your release going forward.


Cheers,
Valentin
 

Attachments

Hi Everyone,

While the 6 hours of Portimao race is ongoing I was looking for the best version of the track on Google and I came across some work done by great GTplanet members a few years ago. Unfortunately all the links I found on the various forum posts are dead / have expired :(

Would someone who has the track be kind of enough to share it again? thanks.
Try this version. I think it's the best at the moment.

Or check the track list by Breathe for other versions.
 
To anybody that uses the csp traffic mod, is there a way you can select which cars you can use. I wanna drive the Targa Florio but i wanna use like 60-70s cars.
 
Last edited:
The only reason why I would understand encryption is for scratch made stuff. Like, fully scratch made. Because it is entirely your's in the first place. If the car/track is a conversion of any other source, legally acquired or not, it's claiming exclusive property, no matter how "good" your content is. Imagine being in a store, buying (legally) a toy and as soon as you buy it, you paint it all red. Now, you claim ownership of all the same toys that are also painted in red. Sounds silly ? Yep.

But I must say, I'm not mad at modders who encrypt their content. I don't understand, but It's their choice. Unpopular opinion maybe, but if I'm mad at someone about encryption, it's for "the one" (or the many) who made it possible in the first place, crushing the spirit of everything I love in modding. I wont blame names or anything, nor here nor to myself, but if the're is a guilty one, this is "him" (maybe Ilja, maybe someone else, hell maybe Kunos themselves, I dunno). Still, glad to see people not encrypting their content at all and keeping that spirit alive.
Thing is encrypting prevents the average user from making very simple fixes the og modder was too lazy to make (like LODs for instance). Reason many people don't really mind the likes of vrc or rss encrypting their models is because they're already pretty solid apart from maybe minor nitpicks

and that's not even talking about the absurdity of locking encryption to data.acd (i.e., physics encrypted) especially for race cars because 99.9% of people aren't going to have accurate physics in the first place so it just pointlessly locks out people who know better from going in and making their own personal adjustments
 
Added a link to the 54 pit addon that works with my version of the track. I don't know who created it, but all credit goes to whoever it was.

Also, for anyone who has the render problem on the straight, could you send me a copy of your CSP preset. I'm hoping maybe it's a CSP setting issue that will allow me to see the problem (since it doesn't happen to me). Maybe I could figure out what it's related to and possibly how to fix it. Thanks...
I already answered this - the problem is connected to SSRL from ExtraFX and only occurs when this has not been enabled in onboard view (which is ON by default).

Hi Everyone,

While the 6 hours of Portimao race is ongoing I was looking for the best version of the track on Google and I came across some work done by great GTplanet members a few years ago. Unfortunately all the links I found on the various forum posts are dead / have expired :(

Would someone who has the track be kind of enough to share it again? thanks.


BTW @Pyyer released some great extensions this weekend (WEC 2022, 2023 and classic F1) for this track.
 
Thanks, will definitely take a look at Pyyer extensions :)
 
Last edited:
snip
...Same as VR users, they think there are millions playing AC in VR because the ones who have it are so vocal about it, but barely anyone is using VR compared to screens, no one is going to cater just to VR unless a modder uses VR right.
It's not really about 'catering to VR', it's about not making objectively incorrect decisions and then prohibiting others from correcting them. Last time I checked, drivers still need to actually hold the steering wheel unless the car is self-driving.
 
I already answered this - the problem is connected to SSRL from ExtraFX and only occurs when this has not been enabled in onboard view (which is ON by default).
Sorry, I missed that. So you are saying it's not related to anything I did then? That's good to know. At least I can stop trying to figure it out. It's odd though that if it's a CSP setting, then why does the original track not exhibit the same problem.
@racinjoe013 here the old style LM start.
Thanks, but I believe the track already has the old school LM start as an optional layout.
 
It's not really about 'catering to VR', it's about not making objectively incorrect decisions and then prohibiting others from correcting them. Last time I checked, drivers still need to actually hold the steering wheel unless the car is self-driving.
Well no the wider point i was making is we all assume the AC player base is us lot, its not.
A tiny proportion will be going into data files or nicking nicked body shells or wheels or whatever.
The vast majority won't care about encryption but yet it comes up on a cycle every 20 pages or so on here.

It won't go away, it will stay, i wasted far too much energy ages ago saying about the hypocrisy of much of it and no one agreed with me and many turned on me in defence of Ilija at the time.....

Yet here we are.... no one agreeing with me again.
 
Sorry, I missed that. So you are saying it's not related to anything I did then? That's good to know. At least I can stop trying to figure it out. It's odd though that if it's a CSP setting, then why does the original track not exhibit the same problem.

Thanks, but I believe the track already has the old school LM start as an optional layout.
racinjoe I did as fallguy said and track works with no problems. Thank you for your efforts though, much appreciated.
 
Well no the wider point i was making is we all assume the AC player base is us lot, its not.
A tiny proportion will be going into data files or nicking nicked body shells or wheels or whatever.
The vast majority won't care about encryption but yet it comes up on a cycle every 20 pages or so on here.

It won't go away, it will stay, i wasted far too much energy ages ago saying about the hypocrisy of much of it and no one agreed with me and many turned on me in defence of Ilija at the time.....

Yet here we are.... no one agreeing with me again.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just remaking the old point that with great encryption comes great responsibility.
To be honest, when modders lock bad mistakes (or even worse - half-assed carelessness) behind encryption, all they do is make themselves look pompous and incompetent while ensuring that the work they considered good enough to encrypt goes straight in the bin.
 
I have a problem with disappearing skidmarks at Bathurst (RT). So after the first lap worth of skidmarks have been laid down, the next time I come through that corner and lock up my tires (eg. at dipper) I can see the previous laps skidmarks on the road in front slowly erase.
  • Probably more noticeable during a race with other cars (eg Caterham).
  • erasing skidmarks does not happen at any other tracks so I don't believe it to be an AC/CSP setting.
  • I have 16GB RAM / i7-6700.

Can someone please test for this at Bathurst to see if it is track related?
 
To anybody that uses the csp traffic mod, is there a way you can select which cars you can use. I wanna drive the Targa Florio but i wanna use like 60-70s cars.
Afraid not. Not easily, anyway. Firstly you need to create special lightweight versions of the cars (normally from lod_b or lod_c or somesuch), and then "register" them in a car-list that the mod uses. All a bit manual at the moment. Good news is that one of Abulzz colleagues is working on just such a set.
 
Well like everything it is 'bustable' from what I've seen on other forums.
Pretty sure some of EASY's recent reg or rex or whatever mods where encrypted but he has managed to 'fix' them and they aren't now encrypted.

This topic comes up A LOT.
It is what it is, option is there and some take it, nothing will change it.
Same as people that think private mods should never be shown in public, it makes no sense.
Modders can do what they like with their mods at the end of the day.
Vast majority of people playing AC are not fiddling behind the scenes like us lot, they are just getting cars and playing the game, they don't care that they can't get into the data files because i guess 80 percent of AC base don't even know how to access it, it isn't on their radar.
Do i care ever that Raceroom is encrypted when i play it?
Do i care that a tree is not green enough?
No because i can't do anything about it.

We here are in a bubble, nothing wrong with that, but i think its easy to assume this thread is some example of the AC player base and I'd guess its not.
Most want a filter they download one, download a car, download a track, download greener trees, download cameras.

They don't care about encryption or private mods.
Encryption was to stop the 20 percent or whatever who mod stuff.
Basically the same bubble we are all in.
Anyone outside of it won't give a damn and that is the ''market' for want of a better word.
Same as VR users, they think there are millions playing AC in VR because the ones who have it are so vocal about it, but barely anyone is using VR compared to screens, no one is going to cater just to VR unless a modder uses VR right.

Bubbles.
You just described me perfectly. I am one of the 80% that you have nailed on the head. I am clueless to what you guys achieve on here and i soak up almost everything i see to which i am very grateful.
I would question that hardly anyone plays on VR though. I think you would be suprised how many do and it will of course continue to grow.
When someone offers a mod however good or bad it is, surely it is not a problem to ignore it, bin it, keep it or do whatever you want with it. Maybe seen as wrong to encrypt someone else work for ethical reasons, i get that. Just bin it and move on, even i know how to do that.
 
How can I add reflections to a car? I have touched several parameters in cm showroom but the result is far from the original kunos cars
 
You just described me perfectly. I am one of the 80% that you have nailed on the head. I am clueless to what you guys achieve on here and i soak up almost everything i see to which i am very grateful.
I would question that hardly anyone plays on VR though. I think you would be suprised how many do and it will of course continue to grow.
When someone offers a mod however good or bad it is, surely it is not a problem to ignore it, bin it, keep it or do whatever you want with it. Maybe seen as wrong to encrypt someone else work for ethical reasons, i get that. Just bin it and move on, even i know how to do that.
ah a voice of reason. whenever a mod is posted that is encrypted someone will post a message explaining how they delicately three pointed it into their imaginary bin with a limp liberache style wrist

usually in some sort of petulant defiance, usually for something that was free in the first place. clearly raised by peasants.

no one cares.

99% of the most vocal anti encrypters have never had their work actk'd

that being said encrypting without lods should be illegal.
 
Last edited:
ah a voice of reason. whenever a mod is posted that is encrypted someone will post a message explaining how they delicately three pointed it into their imaginary bin with a limp liberache style wrist

no one cares.

99% of the most vocal anti encrypters have never had their work actk'd

that being said encrypting without lods should be illegal.
ever since my mod has been ACTK'd, I've come to understand people's reasoning on encryption.

I wouldn't care much if not for the fact that he put it behind a sharemods link.
 
I knew it wasn't long before the encryption topic switch to actk's topic... Like clockwork.
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back