• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,203 comments
RELEASE!

Elaintarharata 1960s
by
Sergio Loro
and
Rainmaker

This tiny track was the Grand Prix of Finland in the 50s and 60s. "Eltsu" was even hosting two Formula 1 GPs in 1952 and 1953. It has a nice flow and is great to drive with slow and small cars. Sergio gave me the permission to update his old track. Thanks!

Changelog:
  • complete new AI
  • shader overhaul
  • faced up normals of the trees, made them brighter
  • added GrassFX and RainFX by DaBaeda
  • new extra cams by DaBaeda
  • new hotlap starting point
  • added dirt animation to pit lane
  • added loading screens
  • new UI and track map, corrected track length
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • fixed some lods
  • corrected position of sector timers
  • fixed some missing walls
  • added four new pit positions
  • corrected some object keys
update v1.01
  • fixed fat cables by Masscot

Link stays the same as usual:

Screenshot_gpl67_cooper_eltsu_f3ct_30-3-123-13-15-9.jpg

PS for Masscot: Windows virus stuff blocked all two downloads.

Let me take a look at 60s Stardust, it might need a different DDS.
BRB.
Edit: @goldtop it works fine for Stardust 60's, with the correct MATERIALS names.
You just need to insert the correct MATERIALS name for the cables (which you get from CSP object inspector).
For this track change this line in the config:
Code:
MATERIALS= cableado1, highvolt ;cable material name from object inspector
(there are two cable materials in Stardust 60's, called 'cableado1' and 'highvolt')

View attachment 1252177
Oh, hang on, looks like Sergio has the poles and cables grouped together, so the poles have also been affected.
Try removing 'highvolt' from the above. It might leave one thick cable, but also leave the poles solid.

Edit: yep, that's done it. You'll have to live with one thick cable, but the rest look much better.

View attachment 1252178

Edit: oh, hang on, seems Serio grouped the other cables and poles too, so the poles are also transparent.
Cables and poles need separating first for this to work properly on this track.
No idea why Sergio grouped these together.

View attachment 1252180

You might still prefer this solution to thick jagged powerlines.... or just hide the cables altogether?
Wow I always suspected it must also be from the track designers side and not only my adjustments and VR resolution, as some tracks are perfect on that aspect. Same btw you see at the fences, any solution for that, specific on @fat-alfies tracks.

Note, do not get me wrong inhere about @fat-alfie, in my opinion @fat-alfie is the BEST vintage track modder, only not for shimmer free objects.

Last edited:
Hi Neil, where did you get that 963 Jota skin?

here

@Rainmaker87 here's a new complete config and DDS to thin out all of the power line/telegraph cables so they look more subtle and more true-to-life. Quite important on this track as there are a LOT of suspended cables.
Unzip the extension folder and replace the existing one with it. Note: the extension folder contains a DDS so don't just replace the ext_config.ini - it needs the DDS too.

I included some notes in the config so it can be used to the same effect on other tracks where cables are produced this same way.
Some other tracks (like DDM's Tsubuka) need a slightly different DDS but the effect is the same: no more thick, jagged, shimmering cables.

View attachment 1252149

Oh, that's a great tip - wonder if this will work on 60s Le Mans. Will try later thanks.

Thanks Masscot, that's sorted them out. I can imagine lots of tracks will benefit from this.
One of the worst culprits was DDM's Tsukuba, which was one of the first that @leBluem, @slider666 and I looked at (along with RT Fuji).
For DDM's Tsukuba, swap in this extension folder to go from this:

Screenshot_daihatsu_copen_ddm_gts_tsukuba_11-4-123-21-54-32.jpg

to this:
Screenshot_daihatsu_copen_ddm_gts_tsukuba_11-4-123-23-36-50.jpg

(note: this one has a different DDS because the cables are made slightly differently).

One of the worst culprits was DDM's Tsukuba, which was one of the first that @leBluem, @slider666 and I looked at (along with RT Fuji).

to this:

(note: this one has a different DDS because the cables are made slightly differently).
That is such a better look. Especially on my 4k monitor. Great job.

to this:

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!
Could you also please share the one for RT Fuji?

Hello. I finished the Gran Turismo 4 version of Suzuka reboot version rework. And also done the layout with reworked 130R corner and late Casio Chicane from 90s.

IMPORTANT: before installation completely remove the folder of previos version if you have, otherwise it might be issues.

V1.3 -! 30.04.2023

* Gran Turismo 4 full version.

• based on laser scan ACC Conversion by reboot
  • Reworked to match Gran Turismo 4 version as much as possible.
  • based on reboot version of Suzuka
  • All new gravel safe zones, no tarmac, pit boxes, billboards, trees, rollercoasters etc.
  • Replaced and reworked pit boxes (originally from old Suzuka 1992 version by rainmaker?) etc.... and Lot of other reworks
  • Outside of 130R also made gravel
Onboard of new Gran Turismo 4 layout

Tryed to make it match as much as possible.

1 copy.jpg

2 copy.jpg
3 copy - 2.jpg
4 copy.jpg

* 1992 GP version with reworked 130R corner and late Casio Chicane layout

• reworked 130R to match 90s real track. Late Casio triangle chicane. Replaced and reworked pit boxes (originally from old Suzuka 1992 version by rainmaker?) etc.... Lot of other reworks
  • based on reboot version of Suzuka.
  • Issue: No Ai
Here is difference in 130R
130+11.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1991_footwork_fa12_gt1992_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-16-45-31.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1991_footwork_fa12_gt1992_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-16-46-26.jpg

Downlaod links here

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_lmgt_toyama_2zero_v8_gt4_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-17-11-51.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_lmgt_toyama_2zero_v8_gt4_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-17-11-51.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 130+11.jpg
    130+11.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 9
Good afternoon.

Does anyone have a faster "AI line" for "Interlagos 1975"? As much as I try to change some parameters in the "data" folder, or increase the performance inside the "Content Manager"..the cars are still slow in some parts of the circuit.

Thank you very much in advance.

The history of the next Porsche 964 Carrera RSR on my list is a bit unclear. I suppose it must have started its life as a 964 Carrera Cup. Maybe the one which was raced by Seikel in 1992 and 1993 in the Nürburgring 24h races. To my knowledge there has not been a green RSR delivered to Seikel. Some sources say, that there was one produced Signal Green RSR, but this one was not delivered to Seikel and the Seikel car seems to be Viper Green...... I contacted Peter Seikel and I hope he can answer some questions.

BPR 1994, Paul Ricard 4H, Seikel Motorsport #39, GT3
custom_showroom_1682774387.png

Sadly I couldn't find any pictures of the car in Dijon. Even if it was listed as a 964 Cup in Dijon, I am quite sure, that it must have been the same car like in Paul Ricard. In the Paris 1000 km race the car reappeared on the racetrack. No major differences in the design, just a black wing and a few more sponsors.

BPR 1994, Paris 1000 km, Seikel Motorsport #39, GT3
custom_showroom_1682832462.png

No design changes for the Vallelunga 4H race. Only the number changed from #39 to #60. Even if the driver lineup was changed as well, Toni Merendino's name did not appear on the car. Something I would hate personally.

BPR 1994, Vallelunga 4H, Seikel Motorsport #60, GT3
custom_showroom_1682833578.png

The car took place in the Spa 4H race, but I do not have any photos. Let's jump into 1995.

BPR 1995, Monza 4H, Seikel Motorsport #31, GT4
custom_showroom_1682848873.png

Again no photos from Jarama, I might find some when my focus switches to the 1995 season. For now we go straight to the Nürburgring and the ugliest skin ever seen on this car :-(. The Seikel team did not change the driver names on the car, that's why the driver names written on the car do not match the drivers who actually drove in the Eifel.

BPR 1995, Nürburgring 4H, Seikel Motorsport #31, GT4
custom_showroom_1682863203.png

What a weekend for Seikel Motorsport at the Paris 1000 km race in 1995. Seikel brought two cars to Linas Montlhery. A yellow 993 GT2 which ran in the GT3 class and the green 964 fake RSR which started in the GT4 class. The 993 finished 3rd overall and the 964 finished 6th. This result must have been very special for the team and is without a doubt exceptional for a GT4 car.

BPR 1995, Paris 1000 km, Seikel Motorsport #31, GT4

__custom_showroom_1682882435.png

BPR 1995, Silverstone 4H, Seikel Motorsport #31, GT4

__custom_showroom_1682884907.png

Last edited:
hey, i have some problems with the new VRC Formula E car. On some tracks i only get around 10 fps..im on the newest CSP..a few years ago i had the same problems with VRC IndyCars. The only solution i found is to disable LIGHTNING FX in CSP..then i have normal fps. Does anyone found a soultion? its so annoying

Last edited:
Hello. I finished the Gran Turismo 4 version of Suzuka reboot version rework. And also done the layout with reworked 130R corner and late Casio Chicane from 90s.

* 1992 GP version with reworked 130R corner and late Casio Chicane layout

• reworked 130R to match 90s real track. Late Casio triangle chicane. Replaced and reworked pit boxes (originally from old Suzuka 1992 version by rainmaker?) etc.... Lot of other reworks
  • based on reboot version of Suzuka.
  • Issue: No Ai
Here is difference in 130R
View attachment 1252240View attachment 1252248View attachment 1252249

Downlaod links here
The building above the main grandstand seems to be floating for me and there's a hole in the track mesh on the outside of 130R just before the corner entry. Are these fixable issues? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_hrl_2008_toyota_gt1992_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-18-33-2.png
    Screenshot_hrl_2008_toyota_gt1992_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-18-33-2.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_hrl_2008_toyota_gt1992_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-18-37-42.png
    Screenshot_hrl_2008_toyota_gt1992_rt_suzuka_30-3-123-18-37-42.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 8
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back