Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,957 comments
Hello all, I am having a bit of trouble trying to find this directory. After user/ I do not have the "AppData" folder to continue into the directory to place my thumbnail preview files from racedepartment. Could I have deleted it somehow? Any way to get it back?

Thanks!

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\CustomPreviews\
Hi Duuzkk88,

The AppData folder is hidden by default in Windows. You can see the folder by going opening Explorer, going to 'View' and selecting 'Hidden Items' in the 'Show/hide' section.

You can also access the folder by choosing 'Start', 'Run' then type in '%AppData%'.

Here it is.
But that doesn't gives a really interesting car.
AI currently not tweaked.

Now, I'll see what can be done to race version...
About the Opel GT 1900 RACE, here is the "new" race version ; in fact a Gr.2

Torque : 208 Nm*
Power: 200 whp
Working AI with fuel_cons.ini

+fix rpm / speed gauges
+fix gauges' light

Attachments

• opel_gt_1900_race.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
i may have missed this but was there ever a complete preset for the BTCC seasons involving the VRC cars?
i know that there are some cars like the laguna .. but a complete bop and skinpack too?

Chassis 6066
Customer: Mr. Heidenreich, Germany
Delivery: 11. May 1993
Color: Speed Yellow
Present whereabouts: unknown

Today I show you a car which most people remember for its success in the 1994 Daytona 24h. The car was used under the banner of "HEICO Dienstleistungen" or later under the name "HEICO Motorsports"

The activities of HEICO Motorsport have been part of the HEICO Group. The origin of the group of companies goes back to 1966, when the Heidenreich family founded the room and office care institute Heidenreich & Co. in Wiesbaden Hochheim and operated it for over twenty years. In 1987, the management was taken over by Dirk-R. Ebeling. At that time, new business areas were opened up. In the years that followed, HEICO developed into a mixed service group. In 1990, the company was renamed from Heidenreich & Co. to HEICO. (source:https://www.wikiwand.com/de/HEICO_Group)

HEICO Motorsport was founded in in 1986 and was initially focused on historic motorsport. In the early 90s the team started to do service for modern racing cars (mainly BMW and Porsche). In this period Mr Heidenreich bought the RSR chassis 6066. The driver lineup included mostly no professional race drivers but successful business men and racing amateurs.

The first adventure of the team was the Le Mans race in 1993. The car was delivered in time for the Le Mans test which took place the 16. May 1993, 5 days after the delivery of the car. A good explanation for the naked design....

Le Mans 24H Test 1993, HEICO Dienstleistungen #65, Cat. 4

Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_showroom_25-4-123-20-59-42.jpg

The first race event followed soon after. The most experienced driver in the lineup was Ulli Richter. Karl-Heinz Wlazik had tested his skills in the Spa 24h race before and Dirk Ebeling started his adventure with the Le Mans test. They did a great job finishing 3rd in class and 17th overall.

Le Mans 24H 1993, HEICO Dienstleistungen #65, Cat.4

Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_showroom_25-4-123-21-0-38.jpg

The team must have had a soft spot for endurance racing as the next race they took part in was the Pokka 1000 km race on the Suzuka circuit. This time Jürgen Barth joined Dirk Ebeling and Karl-Heinz Wlazik. Suzuka sadly ended with a DNF result.

Jürgen Barth is not only one of Porsche best remembered drivers, he also saved the sports car racing branch of motorsports from an almost certain end. When the prototype scene was at its lowest point after the end of the Group C era, Barth, in his function as Porsche customer sport director, had the idea to revitalise GT racing. Together with Stéphane Ratel and Patrick Peter, he created the BPR series in 1994.

Pokka 1000 km Suzuka 1993, HEICO Motorsport #65, LM-GT4
Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_showroom_25-4-123-21-1-19.jpg

The beautiful car was next seen for the 1994 Daytona 24H race. This time Richter, Wlazik and Ebeling were joined by Gunter Döbler. Döbler fitted perfectly in the lineup of gentleman drivers. His first international event was the Le Mans 24h race from 1993 and the Daytona race in 1994 was his second international race.

Nobody had the team on the list for a top result and especially not for a podium, but they did not only finish on the podium, they went for the class win in GTU class. This race was a game changer for HEICO Motorsports. In the same year Volvo contacted them and asked if they would like to run their official European motor sport program from 1995 onwords. The success of the team with Volvo and later Mercedes went on until 2012, when HEICO decided to end the motor sport activities...

So here comes the 1994 Le Mans GTU class winner...
IMSA GT 1994, Daytona 24H, HEICO Motorsport #65, GTU
Screenshot_porsche_964_rsr_38_showroom_25-4-123-21-2-2.jpg

all the skins related to BPR will be released as part of the BPR Recreation Project. The other skins will be part of the car release. The release date is not yet fixed.

to be continued.......

Hello all, I am having a bit of trouble trying to find this directory. After user/ I do not have the "AppData" folder to continue into the directory to place my thumbnail preview files from racedepartment. Could I have deleted it somehow? Any way to get it back?

Thanks!

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\CustomPreviews\
This folder is hidden in Windows, you have to unhide it or write the folder address in the Explorer address bar.

anyone have the same issue? my career mode is always stuck on raining. no matter what option i choose. in quick drive its fine but in careers the sol planner defaults to rain

anyone have the same issue? my career mode is always stuck on raining. no matter what option i choose. in quick drive its fine but in careers the sol planner defaults to rain
For me it was the other way around, quick drive got stuck on thunderstorms, regardless what the real weather stated. Ended up having to delete CM/CSP and reinstall. All good afterwards.

Natural and competitiver AI (update)

Original post : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-3894#post-14020050

The problem:
With 100% AI strength, AI is way to fast in straight lines. With 92.5%, they're almost as fast as the player but they can easily be overtake in turns.

Another part of the problem is that some ai.ini values are "hardcoded".
Really ?
Not really ;)

So, tweak ai.ini like said in the earlier post and press the "save AI" button.
ULTRA_GRIP will be set to 1.2 and TRAIL_HINT to 1.

Now, open ai.ini and set:
ULTRA_GRIP : 1
TRAIL_HINT : ~1.4
(trail_hint defines a kind of gentle agression)

Set AI strength to 97% and AI agression to 90%

Tested with supercars, muscle-cars and the Mini 1275 on both optimal and dusty tracks.
AI is still a bit faster in straight lines and you can still catch them in turns but it's better.

Last edited:
DON'T UPDATE TO CM 0.8.2561.....

For all people who updated to the newest CM 0.8.2561....

This version will crash Pure and Sol !!!

Please uncheck this option: CM - settings - Content Manager - general - "update to untested versions" !!!

Please revert to this version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tUusPtFLF2CNTqZY_ElM338lVNqkiti2/view?usp=sharing
Replace your ContentManager.exe with the one in the zip file.

Then reinstall CSP 0.1.80p218 again MANUALLY!
Download the zip, open it and copy the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to your AC root folder (steampapps/common/assettocorsa).

Attachments

• untested.png
    untested.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Untitled.png

no matter what i choose under new weather it will revert to heavy rain in career mode. even when i change the planner in game. any idea?

if i select static weather but keep the controller as sol 2.5 the track will always be wet despite the sky being clear (after a very breif batch of dark clouds)

when i revert the controller back to basic weather works again in career but sol planner is still available.

tried uninstalling/reinstalling CM, CSP and Pure

is this a bug or am i being dumb?

if i change the weather to static and then anything like clear

Last edited:
.View attachment 1259621

no matter what i choose under new weather it will revert to heavy rain in career mode. even when i change the planner in game. any idea?

if i select static weather but keep the controller as sol 2.5 the track will always be wet despite the sky being clear (after a very breif batch of dark clouds)

when i revert the controller back to basic weather works again in career but sol planner is still available.

I choose the weather not in "Static", but in "More", usually I choose: Few clouds. I leave the Controller in Sol 2.5 and everything works fine.

.View attachment 1259621

This may convince you that I'm mad as a box of rocks, but when I was in the same boat, I was able to convince CSP/Pure to get "un-stuck" by switching to a different track, in "Practice" mode where the weather was different, and that made it load everything from scratch. Then when I went back to what I really wanted to run, the weather was working again. And of course, this was immediately after re-installing everything following the instructions from the Pure blog/CSP e-mail (both posted above by Peter).

I had to be pig-headed stubborn but it finally popped back to working normally. I was using live weather - try that instead.

Last edited:
I choose the weather not in "Static", but in "More", usually I choose: Few clouds. I leave the Controller in Sol 2.5 and everything works fine.
i tried, in anything outside of the career its all working as should. just in career i have to use the basic controller for anything to work.
This may convince you that I'm mad as a box of rocks, but when I was in the same boat, I was able to convince CSP/Pure to get "un-stuck" by switching to a different track, in "Practice" mode where the weather was different, and that made it load everything from scratch. Then when I went back to what I really wanted to run, the weather was working again. And of course, this was immediately after re-installing everything following the instructions from the Pure blog/CSP e-mail (both posted above by Peter).

I had to be pig-headed stubborn but it finally popped back to working normally. I was using live weather - try that instead.
im gonna try this, hopefully it will work. im guessing its something my end. is the 2.5 controller working for you in career mode?

i tried, in anything outside of the career its all working as should. just in career i have to use the basic controller for anything to work.

im gonna try this, hopefully it will work. im guessing its something my end. is the 2.5 controller working for you in career mode?
It was last time I tried, but that was a while ago. I'll touch base later once I've had a chance to find out.

Last edited:
Spa 2022 Update

This is my take on the excellent Spa 2022 mod by guigui0256. I cannot stress enough how I take no credit for this what so ever. Please do not give me any credit or thanks for this. I did basically nothing other than fix a couple of technical issues with the treeline lighting and altered a few textures. I realize this is not a cool thing to do to alter someone else's work without permission. I did reach out to the creator awhile back about these issues and he said he was happy with the track so I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong. If he sees this and asks, I will pull it.

The download is rather large because it is a full track folder. I run the track as it's own separate track, not as an addon in the original Kunos Spa folder. Reason being, his extension impacted how the original Spa looked and I didn't want to change that so I made it a separate track. It also includes the @Pyyer F1 mod (untouched) for 2022 which adds to the file size. Sorry for the big download.

Spa 2022 Update

View attachment 1205882

One note. If you want the sound effects back, open up the ext_config file and set the ext_config-audio section at the top to ACTIVE = 1. It does weird things on my system so I had to disable it.
Updated the track link with a new version. It's best to delete the original track folder to be safe.

The update changes the construction dirt look left of the first turn. It's still not great, but it kind of fits in better than the original. It's easy to revert back to the original look if you prefer it. Just open the ext_config file and search for 'construction dirt'. Eventually you will come to two consecutive SHADER_REPLACEMENT entries for construction dirt. Set the first one back to ACTIVE = 1 and the second one to ACTIVE = 0.

One other config change is that the lights will now come on when it rains as well as night time. No change to how they look, just under what conditions they will turn on.

Last edited:
After seeing posts on here about the ugly pit guy, I thought I would post what I found and didnt realise before. The face of the pitguy is also the same face as used on the driver in car. I played around with faces of some drivers, and after looking at the crew realised the skins with edited faces, also had a different face than any of the other liveries, where I hadn't changed the face of the driver.
In my example, I used an image of Liam Lawson from 2019 to put inside his helmet, so it looks like Liam in the car. (different cars in screenshots, but same face and helmet.
The crew holding the lollipop has the same face (driver_face.dds) Think the lollipop guy looks even worse than before hahaha. But does this now mean that the driver also holds the lollipop?

__custom_showroom_1684830793.jpg
__custom_showroom_1685097730.jpg

Last edited:
GPLmania season Part 3!

RELEASE of Laguna Seca 60s, Mexico GP 1967 and two new championships of the GPLmania series.

This time we're going to america and on vacation! GPLmania Part 3 brings you the Cam-Am 60s Special and the Formula One 1967 Into The Woods championships with races on famous american tracks an on long and dangerous tracks with beautiful landscapes.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 3 contains all work of Part 1+2.

There will be at least 5 parts, with new championships and new track releases for each part.

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

For uses of the Formula One 1967 Special: Part 3 contains a update of the championship, if you're still in the championship skip the updated championship files and install it later.

Overview of all GPLmania championships:

Preview championships.JPG

RELEASE of LAGUNA SECA 60s
This 3d-track was made for Grand Prix Legends as 67s version by David Sabre in 2003. It was updated to a 70s version (as 1972 but it's more a mix of 60s and 70s elements) by jpalesi for rFactor. It was converted and enhanced to Assetto Corsa by Legion. It was updated by Rainmaker. Some parts of third modders were implanted.

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

bgr03.jpg

Changelog:
  • up to 4.5 sec faster AI
  • cams and water shader by DaBaeda
  • new color for the grass
  • changed all shaders
  • modulated shader of the background skybox
  • fixed black guardrails
  • fixed some double sided objects
  • fixed pit lane
  • new UI
  • added loading screens
  • added hot lap starting point
  • added track description by Fanapryde
  • added overlays and ideal line files for time attack mode
  • fixed some shadows
  • added GrassFX from the Content Manager download file + edited it for the brown areas
  • changed the old flags texture at the pit starting point
  • deleted a tree without a trunk
  • did a cable fix for the tents, so Masscot don't have to do it :-)

RELEASE of MEXICO GP 1967
This 3D-track was original made for Grand Prix Legends by Papyrus. It was converted for GTR2 by Sunalp2 and later enhanced by NeelJ. It was ported to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

bgr02.jpg

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

GPLmania season Part 3!

RELEASE of Laguna Seca 60s, Mexico GP 1967 and two new championships of the GPLmania series.

This time we're going to america and on vacation! GPLmania Part 3 brings you the Cam-Am 60s Special and the Formula One 1967 Into The Woods championships with races on famous american tracks an on long and dangerous tracks with beautiful landscapes.

The idea of GPLmania is to bring together the best historic cars and tracks made for AC in championships that are either inspired by real historic ones or just fun to drive. Part 3 contains all work of Part 1+2.

There will be at least 5 parts, with new championships and new track releases for each part.

All download links are given in the Read Me file in the package. Be aware some of the content is for paid only.

For uses of the Formula One 1967 Special: Part 3 contains a update of the championship, if you're still in the championship skip the updated championship files and install it later.

View attachment 1259741

This 3d-track was made for Grand Prix Legends as 67s version by David Sabre in 2003. It was updated to a 70s version (as 1972 but it's more a mix of 60s and 70s elements) by jpalesi for rFactor. It was converted and enhanced to Assetto Corsa by Legion. It was updated by Rainmaker. Some parts of third modders were implanted.

View attachment 1259742
View attachment 1259744
View attachment 1259745

Changelog:
  • changed all shaders
  • fixed black guardrails
  • fixed pit lane
  • new UI
  • added loading screens
  • fixed some shadows
  • added GrassFX from the Content Manager download file + edited it for the brown areas

This 3D-track was original made for Grand Prix Legends by Papyrus. It was converted for GTR2 by Sunalp2 and later enhanced by NeelJ. It was ported to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

View attachment 1259749
View attachment 1259746
View attachment 1259747
excellent stuff, im really enjoying these. thank you for sharing!

GPLmania season Part 3!

View attachment 1259741

View attachment 1259742
View attachment 1259744
View attachment 1259745

Changelog:
  • changed all shaders
  • fixed black guardrails
  • fixed pit lane
  • new UI
  • added loading screens
  • fixed some shadows

View attachment 1259749
View attachment 1259746
View attachment 1259747
Fantastic thanks. I am using these tracks for vintage racing already quite a time.
I am glad finally with a competitive AI and improved overal quality.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back