Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,952 comments
afternoon GTplanet is there anyway to "fix" these broken shadows on certain cars?. i have tried "update ambient shadows" in CM but it doesn't seem to do anything. thanks

edit i am running csp 1.79 with the new version of CM and sol
Try this, but don´t overwrite existing ext_config.ini
Instead, append to old ones.
But best would be, to inform the authors of these cars, so they can fix that for all other ones.

Attachments

• extension.zip
    414 bytes · Views: 6
afternoon GTplanet is there anyway to "fix" these broken shadows on certain cars?. i have tried "update ambient shadows" in CM but it doesn't seem to do anything. thanks

Use CM to convert the .kn5 to an .fbx and run the model through kseditor. In the editor you'll be able to step through every part of the model and can change the settings so that the required parts emit shadows. Then export the model as a .kn5 and you'll be good to go.

Try this, but don´t overwrite existing ext_config.ini
Instead, append to old ones.
But best would be, to inform the authors of these cars, so they can fix that for all other ones.
thankyou for the help i will get on the case :)

i got on the case and its much much much better now. at least cars dont look like they are floating anymore.

Use CM to convert the .kn5 to an .fbx and run the model through kseditor. In the editor you'll be able to step through every part of the model and can change the settings so that the required parts emit shadows. Then export the model as a .kn5 and you'll be good to go.
thankyou for the information. i will get involved and have a go for sure. i would like to learn abit more and go more in depth :)

Last edited:
you can assign keys to move the onboard camera around in CM........think thats what your looking for?
No. I mean the standard position when you get in the car. The driver is looking slightly to the left when it should be on centre. It looks straight in the showroom, but not on track. Look Left and Look Right function normally, but Look Left looks farther left than the right since the center point is farther left...

Last edited:
No. I mean the standard position when you get in the car. The driver is looking slightly to the left when it should be on centre. It looks straight in the showroom, but not on track. Look Left and Look Right function normally, but Look Left looks farther left than the right since the center point is farther left...
yeh you need to assign the hot key in CM to adjust the camera so you can move it anyway you like. up/down left/right tilt e.t.c this will sort the driver looking slightly to the left once adjusted

setting-assetto corsa-controls-patch and then find "onbaord camera small tweaks"

Last edited:
you can use the app, cant remember its name. think driver position its called. comes with csp if i remember correctly.

yeh you need to assign the hot key in CM to adjust the camera so you can move it anyway you like. up/down left/right tilt e.t.c this will sort the driver looking slightly to the left once adjusted

setting-assetto corsa-controls-patch and then find "onbaord camera small tweaks"
That worked pretty good, thanks! Needs a "roll" adjuster to go with the pitch and yaw though. Do you happen to know where the position for the first function-key-F1 driver position is saved, as it looks perfect (albeit with no steering wheel)? (lorelord: the in-game app (helmet icon) doesn't have a driver-focal-point adjustment)

Last edited:
That worked pretty good, thanks! Needs a "roll" adjuster to go with the pitch and yaw though. Do you happen to know where the position for the first function-key-F1 driver position is saved, as it looks perfect (albeit with no steering wheel)? (lorelord: the in-game app (helmet icon) doesn't have a driver-focal-point adjustment)
i am really sorry but i have no idea, i am sure someone will be able to guide you in the right direction. glad it helped anyway there is nothing more annoying than the camera being wonky/out of position

1685561144821.png
maybe that's what you mean?

The Corvette is pretty bad, none of the panel fit together...
If I was you I would delete it and forget it ever existed...

The Corvette is pretty bad, none of the panel fit together...
If I was you I would delete it and forget it ever existed...
you are correct its not great by any means but there is no other car in that iteration that's available in assetto so i am waiting for one to be done. until then that one will do :)

And the last steering wheel of the weekend. More next weekend with more updates

MCL60

I’m not sure if you take request, but would it be possible to make the wheel from the Kunos Lotus 98T available as a wheel replacement maybe too?
There are so many older single seater mods with terrible wheels, and this one wheel could be perfect for all of them.

Last edited:
I've been quiet on my mods for quite a while maybe 5 or 6 months?
I have some good and bad news.
Onto the bad news first.
Been redoing quite a bit of objects on the Countach both UV and mesh wise but theres an issue that is halting the update
2023.06.01-05.00.png

The size of the FBX file has increased quite a lot. By this point the car is probably exceeding 1000k+ Polys.
This is something that i'm not too keen on having in the mod. Ill be trying to reduce this back to its original size as much as i can
without making the meshes look awkward....
Onto the good news
I've figured out how to properly boolean GT models. So this pretty much means any meshes which were incorrect should be fixed. Made some examples here:
2023.06.01-04.52.png

So no more digging around parts bin models and finding what fits lol. The rims are finally the GT meshes that should have been on the original mod. The rear part near the exhaust also has proper see through holes now instead of bunch of black planes trying to convey illusion of holes.
Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_endlessfloor_1-5-123-6-49-18.png

Hopefully i won't go quiet again for some months with barley any progress...

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I need your help for the identification of a logo on the Konrad #00 964 RSR from the 1994 Sebring 12H race.

Unbenannt.JPG

I would be glad if you could help.
The car also competed in the Daytona 24H, but without this sponsor.

Thanx
Daniel

source: www.revsinstitute.org

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back