Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,759 comments
I´ve read some rumours that the extended physics are enabled by default in latest preview346, no matter if you tick "use extended physics" or not. Can somebody confirm this? If yes, how to disable it?
I was finding the slow AI for years now, so long before extended physics was added, so it shouldn't be that.

Some news from today:

updated fixes:

I gained permission for the Potrero de los Funes update! You can have a look for the WIP here, already downloadable for Patreons:
Capture.PNG

Hi Rainmaker for some reason after overriding the Rouen config i have large part of the track missing for some reason

It doesn't happen in the others updated tracks or other tracks

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by this.
I have installed atm: AC, ACC, rF2, RaceRoom and AMS2. Bar AC they all have IGN/START...
The car stops when you make a pit stop. It's very annoying and I don't know how to fix it. I imagine the same thing happened to him.

For those that downloaded my recent Brands Hatch mod and enabled the seasonal tree changing feature, there's going to be an update soon. I went to work on the treewall texture to try and make it blend in with the rest of the trees better. My hope is that you can't tell which is the treewall and which is the normal trees in these pictures because it was painfully obvious before.

Spring:
bh_spring.jpg

Summer:
bh_summer.jpg

Fall:
bh_fall.jpg

Winter:
bh_winter.jpg

The car stops when you make a pit stop. It's very annoying and I don't know how to fix it. I imagine the same thing happened to him.
I was only quoting the part where he said he found no other games that had IGN/START functions.

And for the part where 'the car stops' (guessing that you mean the engine shuts down ?), I can only reproduce that when I don't put it in neutral/push the clutch. Otherwise the engine keeps running.

Last edited:
24H
If i put the modified data in the car folder, I get an error with model files are missing
should just be drag + drop into the car folder and replace the existing data.acd file when prompted. That or you downloaded the wrong car.

It's the Brazil F4 car specifically.

Last edited:
I´ve read some rumours that the extended physics are enabled by default in latest preview346, no matter if you tick "use extended physics" or not. Can somebody confirm this? If yes, how to disable it?
I can't confirm that, if i enabled Ext. Phy my PC was crying like a baby.

released: be_modding Bmw z4 gtr + my skin 2k/4k/6k

i have already posted about this so i will keep it short an sweet

small fixes- window banner now visible from the inside that now does not look like it has been stuck to the inside of tinted glass same with the side names, i have also straightened the side names a bit as they were a bit wonky. Headlights i am limited with due to the fact 1 light has different values than the other which i cannot fix so i made them opaque, if you would rather just have normal lights with no covers you can just delete the file, the headlights with the covers on still produce a beam pattern

the interior is looking like not alot can be done so i have no choice but to just leave it and release as is, i have made the dash a dark grey but over and above that i can't do much as it doesnt seem to be mapped to be able to put stickers on it e.t.c (if this changes i will do an update for an interior skin)

model not exact so a few liberties have been taken but its still pretty accurate. i had to release the entire car due to an ext_config folder that needed to be there to get the white on the windows looking better plus i changed tyres.ini to the correct size and added brake bias to the setup menu

in the downloads section with instructions on how to install the other res skins if needed (car has 6k now)

onto the next skin! (no more from BE_MODDING!!!)

thanks @Alguecool for the help :)

thanks

Screenshot (158).png

Last edited:
released: be_modding Bmw z4 gtr + my skin 2k/4k/6k

i have already posted about this so i will keep it short an sweet

small fixes- window banner now visible from the inside that now does not look like it has been stuck to the inside of tinted glass same with the side names, i have also straightened the side names a bit as they were a bit wonky. Headlights i am limited with due to the fact 1 light has different values than the other which i cannot fix so i made them opaque, if you would rather just have normal lights with no covers you can just delete the file, the headlights with the covers on still produce a beam pattern

the interior is looking like not alot can be done so i have no choice but to just leave it and release as is, i have made the dash a dark grey but over and above that i can't do much as it doesnt seem to be mapped to be able to put stickers on it e.t.c (if this changes i will do an update for an interior skin)

model not exact so a few liberties have been taken but its still pretty accurate. i had to release the entire car due to an ext_config folder that needed to be there to get the white on the windows looking better plus i changed tyres.ini to the correct size and added brake bias to the setup menu

in the downloads section with instructions on how to install the other res skins if needed (car has 6k now)

onto the next skin! (no more from BE_MODDING!!!)

thanks @Alguecool for the help :)

thanks

View attachment 1290782
It's cool to see people work on racing unicorns like these. They deserve love and attention as much as the other mods, that's why I'm glad to see @DaWallace work on cars like the ultima, marcos and gillet.

Ooh, its that a GT1/racing version I see? If the OX 99-11 actually went into production, I was curious to see if it would ever join GT1 or be seen alongside the F1 GTR in the BPR series.
I fixed the headlights on the Z3 GTR. You just needed to adjust the transparency on several objects, the glass covers and the headlight bulbs themselves.

Also, the car's suspension is way too soft for a race car. It bounces all over the place.

1695945928157.png

1695945965368.png

Last edited:
Ooh, its that a GT1/racing version I see? If the OX 99-11 actually went into production, I was curious to see if it would ever join GT1 or be seen alongside the F1 GTR in the BPR series.

I fixed the headlights on the Z3 GTR. You just needed to adjust the transparency on several objects, the glass covers and the headlight bulbs themselves.

Also, the car's suspension is way too soft for a race car. It bounces all over the place.

View attachment 1290794
View attachment 1290795
Hello! No, just a little fantasy modified street version :)

View attachment 1290794
View attachment 1290795
i didn't make the car so the suspension is not on me but yes it needs stiffening or something but i did not find it horrendous myself. thanks for the pics and the work but i am unsure as to what you have "fixed"? the pictures are just the headlight on with the black covers taken off........or am i missing something? if i am i do apologies. What i wanted to acheive was black headlight covers with cutouts for the light beam to shine through however on closer inspection and asking a fellow member who knows more than me he stated that the right hand headlight must have the wrong values because it is only heavily tinted when the black cover is on and not opaque like the other side, when the lights are on you cannot tell a cover is on the right hand side as the headlights just shines through. without going alot deeper than i am able to all i could acheive was changing the transparency of the headlights to "no" through CM showroom and put the black covers on. I wanted to put the black covers on as the real thing has them just with cut-outs so for me it is closer to the real thing to just black the headlights out completely

i didn't make the car so the suspension is not on me but yes it needs stiffening or something but i did not find it horrendous myself. thanks for the pics and the work but i am unsure as to what you have "fixed"? the pictures are just the headlight on with the black covers taken off........or am i missing something? if i am i do apologies. What i wanted to acheive was black headlight covers with cutouts for the light beam to shine through however on closer inspection and asking a fellow member who knows more than me he stated that the right hand headlight must have the wrong values because it is only heavily tinted when the black cover is on and not opaque like the other side, when the lights are on you cannot tell a cover is on the right hand side as the headlights just shines through. without going alot deeper than i am able to all i could acheive was changing the transparency of the headlights to "no" through CM showroom and put the black covers on. I wanted to put the black covers on as the real thing has them just with cut-outs so for me it is closer to the real thing to just black the headlights out completely
Ah, ok. I thought you were trying to figure out how to get both headlights useable at night but couldn't and covered them up. I didn't know the covers were an aesthetic thing and you want holes in them instead. Disregard that then.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I thought you were trying to figure out how to get both headlights useable at night but couldn't and covered them up. I didn't know the covers were an aesthetic thing and you want holes in them instead. Disregard that then.
bloody hell i am glad you said that, i was thinking if i actually have missed something i am going to feel like a right ****. Thankyou for doing that anyway regardless you still did something and tried at the end of the day, alot would say that's more important than the end result

also i do not think the suspension on this bmw is the issue making it harder makes the issue worse.......alot worse, i would say its something else i will have to try and tune it out, or something

Brands Hatch Mod

Brands Hatch mod

Finished the mod I made for myself for Brands Hatch. Figured i'd share it for anyone who wants to give it a try. I will say upfront, it's kind of a convoluted mod so it might not be worth the hassle. Since it's a stock track, I couldn't do things the way I prefer because i'm not allowed to mess with the track's kn5 file. Everything is done inside the ext_config file and with track skins. I'll try to explain a few things so bear with me. This might get long.

First, make a backup of your current track folder or at the very least the track's extension folder. You can easily go back to what you had by simply restoring your old extension folder. Also, if you tried one of the test versions I put out a few days ago, disable any track skins you have enabled before extracting the mod and then re-enable them. Some textures have changed so you want to make sure you are using the most recent copies of the files.

There are two track skins, Textures and Textures2. The Textures skin has color altered versions of the original tree textures. The Textures2 skin replaces the tree textures with new trees. You can try them both out and see which you prefer or use another skin with different tree textures.

The mod also includes the ability to have the tree textures change based on the season. It's disabled by default because a lot of people complain about a grid effect on the bare trees when I do this. I don't see it so I can't fix what I don't see. If you'd like to try it out, it's a fairly easy edit to the config to activate it. First, decide which track skin version you prefer. Then open up the ext_config file and scroll all the way to the bottom in the SCRIPTS \ EXTRAS section. You will need to remove the four ';' symbols in front of the entry that matches the track skin you are using. There's a description line so it's easy to figure out.

The grass changes are done via the config file as well because I needed to change the shader type. Nothing special here except I wanted to explain a way to get the green grass to be a little patchy looking. Helps give it some character. Near the bottom of the config is a Grass Replacement section. In the first section (for MATERIALS = grass, grass-brd), look for this part:

RESOURCE_4 = txDetailB
RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grass03_desat.dds
; RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grasspatch.dds

Change it to:

RESOURCE_4 = txDetailB
; RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grass03_desat.dds
RESOURCE_FILE_4 = textures/grasspatch.dds

Lastly, any ambient and diffuse changes I made are in the config. You can easily adjust anything I changed by editing the file in case you need something lighter or darker. By default everything is setup to look good with my own personal ppfilter.

View attachment 1289759
Updated mod link with a new version to include the seasonal tree texture changes I posted pictures of a few posts up. All the same rules apply for how to enable the seasonal tree changes and a way to change how the grass looks. There is also an included readme file that might be worth looking at.

Last edited:
VRC dropped an update to their TA2 cars today.

Do anyone already tested if the avaiable skins are still working?
How do you get the update? I went to their site looking for it and I did not get an email saying there was an update available.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back