Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,074 comments
that is the flag from the original base mod i used, and it is hidden w CSP extension. I'm guessing you created a preview without CSP ... thus the hiding doesn't take place (and you do not see the chameleon paints).

This is why I want to get that issue fixed asap that you get blank previews when CSP enabled for final render of preview.
I took my preview shots manually from within Showroom (in-game so also with CSP features).
True, I don't activate CSP for previews, unless the mod is encrypted. Anyway, it's still a great mod. Thank you very much again.

shi
Gemello Add-on v1.01
View attachment 1308725
Added 5 layouts that were included in the GTL version.
Created an alternate skin.
Created VAO-patch.
Updated ext_config.ini.
Added logo.png by Fanapryde.

-CSP recommended

Credits & Thanks;
Gemello v1.00 by @carTOON (barcika)

Add-on by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
pit_lane.ai by TITI
Billboard textures by @Masscot

Gemello Add-on Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed shader. (ext_config.ini)
-Added pit speed limits on additional layouts. (Thanks Fanapryde for the report.)
-The pit_lane.ai was changed to the one created by TITI. (Thanks)
Gemello Add-on v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
-Fixed shader. (ext_config.ini)
-Added pit speed limits on additional layouts. (Thanks @Fanapryde for the report.)
-The pit_lane.ai was changed to the one created by TITI. (Thanks)

Last edited:
Really great car, thank you!
One remark, though: an endurance car without LODs? Will they be added in a later update?

Update: Auto-generated LODs in CM are already quite usable. Would be nicer if the LODs were 'official', of course :)
Hello ! For the moment I have got a problem with LOD generator.. When I made lods my car was totally black..
1701949808022.png

Excellent work, but just one thing:
skin "2022 #19 Algarve Pro Racing ELMS" for the 2022 car is missing the car_chassis.dds file.
Skin updated ! You can find the skin on the patreon or here !

Attachments

• 2022 #19 Algarve Pro Racing ELMS-0-20231207-124318.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I created a championship for the 1994 F1 season. I have no idea who made the cars, just found them on Reddit. All I know that they're not a pay mod and you can't buy them anywhere (Googled it). They drive quite well and sound pretty good, although the rear is snappy and I found higher rear wing better on most races, although you compromise the top speed a little. But most important the championship season was very, very competitive.

s6Z4qgA.jpg

I had Schumacher/Hill at ai level 96 and it was really tough throughout all races. Got pole only on Interlagos (3/100 seconds margin) and Hungaroring. Ai levels are of course easily adjustable with the Notepad to match your own skill level (if you find 96 too excessive or too slow).

Never before I've struggled so much with a F1 car when I used Alesi / Ferrari. But in a good way. That car wasn't so great in the real 1994 season, either. I was happy to get a podium in a few races. The champs file is set for Alesi but you can of course change it easily if you want to drive with Hakkinen, Hill, Schumi, Frenzen, etc.

I kept the grid at 19 cars because during the countless F1 championship seasons I've played, I have found out that ai works better that way. Especially on Monaco and Hungaroring. You can easily add more cars and drivers if you want. Just open the Notepad and edit.

Also the aggression is set at max 25 for the top drivers. This prevents them from knocking you out of races constantly. I much prefer higher ai value and lower aggression. Lower aggression makes the qualifying especially much more enjoyable as the slower ai cars aren't driving like murderous drunks. Again, easily adjustable if you disagree.

Just wanted to share. Don't do ANY ballast/restriction settings on CM. All driver skills are already set on the json files. Setting CM ballast/restr.only ruins the season adjustments after the 1st race.

SOL (if you don't have it already):

1994 cars (ignore the other garbage career, etc. in the package. Just take the cars)

Championship files (to /Assetto Corsa/Documents/champs (you need the full version of Content Manager. Costs €1). Redownload if you got it during the first 15 minutes of this post. I accidentally uploaded my test version with 1988 tracks. Fixed now.

Okayama track (very competitive ai)

1988 track pack (you need Jerez for 1994 season)

ASR 1992 track pack (Mediafire links).

Gameplay video (shot on 1988 Monaco during the championship testing phase intead of 1992 that's in the champs). I always use long gearing on Monaco LOL. SOL was quite dark so the video came out pretty dark. This was especially funny as 1994 bloody rivals Hill and Schumi collided on the 1st corner. Ultra realism. :D

Have fun.

Last edited:
Hello ! For the moment I have got a problem with LOD generator.. When I made lods my car was totally black..
View attachment 1309582

Skin updated ! You can find the skin on the patreon or here !
Looks like your car doesn't have car paint meshes. With the normal settings it will be dark like your generated one.
The solution is to have the car paint meshes, or in the LOD D settings, remove !$CarPaint in the MERGE AS BLACK.
The side effects is the meshes will remain quite a lot (around 10-15 instead of 2)

Last edited:
question time: Does anybody know what these stickers are circled in red?. The sticker under the door handle with the skull says "viva barista" on it but i can't find the logo anywhere and i thought that one would be easy.......

thankyou :)
Screenshot (326).png

it being a part of mod cars depends entirely on the modder in question. RSS older stuff had the kunos style but their newer stuff seems to be inverted (or i guess how it should be)
That's what I was afraid of. I don't recall seeing that in the RSS PDFs either. I'll look again.

I'll just have to make a note for each car then.

Last edited:
Hi All. Can somebody please send me in the right direction. What is the setting in CM that switches the headlights to come on when dark and lets you set up the other cars as well. Looking through all settings but can’t seem to find it. Many thanks.

Hi All. Can somebody please send me in the right direction. What is the setting in CM that switches the headlights to come on when dark and lets you set up the other cars as well. Looking through all settings but can’t seem to find it. Many thanks.
In content manager: Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > (Extensions) Weather FX > Miscellaneous: Turn headlights on and off automatically.

If that doesn't do it then use same pathway but instead check Miscellaneous: Force AI headlights.

updated v1.1 of the Nissan Datsun 510 engine swapped Rotary 20B Turbo , now called simply "Nissan Datsun 510 Rotary"

v1.1 changelog:
  • fixed wheels diameter (no longer floating above the asphalt)
  • added 2 more skins
  • updated skins (interior materials mostly), livery icons and previews
  • exhaust smoke dissipates faster

View attachment 1309449 View attachment 1309450

Same download link for the new version.
We had a few 13B versions in rallying in Australia many years ago. They were known as a Dazda and very quick!
Fantastic work!

Replay camera file I made for myself for Battenbergring. You may need to rename it if you have more than the two camera files that came with the track in your data folder. I like standing spectator height, big FOV camera settings so I can see more of the track as well as feel like I am a spectator at the race. There's one little blip at the s/f line I couldn't figure out. If anyone knows what I did wrong, please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks...

Attachments

• battenbergring_cam_file.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 22
Replay camera file I made for myself for Battenbergring. You may need to rename it if you have more than the two camera files that came with the track in your data folder. I like standing spectator height, big FOV camera settings so I can see more of the track as well as feel like I am a spectator at the race. There's one little blip at the s/f line I couldn't figure out. If anyone knows what I did wrong, please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks...
Thank you very much for sharing your camera set. I dabble in making camera sets myself and appreciate the time and effort to make them. The only suggestion I have for the small glitch at the s/f line is to make the min and max field of view constant for the first and last camera. Even though the placement and FOV settings are the same, the time it takes to switch from your CAMERA_40 to CAMERA_0 causes the FOV to be different in transition. I would suggest settting the min and max FOV of the first and last camera at 20, or any other number you prefer, to prevent the FOV glitch. Thanks again for sharing!!!

I have released a Beta of my update to Long Beach. It includes tweaked lighting as well as 3D trees. I am still trying to optimize it.

I have gotten very little feedback on this. Has anyone seen anything that jumps out at them that needs fixed? I am still working on optimizing the lighting.

shi
Magnificent Park v1.45
View attachment 1302462
Fictional circuit in France.
Converted from rFactor and rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-3 layout
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;

rFactor Original Track by HarySeb
-Thank you for giving me permission.
rFactor2 Converted by Nibiru

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by Viola_seven
Alternative skins and Michelin Bridge texture by @Masscot
textures and config updates by @Mike08
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Test and Feedback by @RMi_wood , @Masscot , @ApexVGear , @mrtomcat66 , KevinK2 , TITI , @Fanapryde

rFactor2 version (steam workshop);

This track consists of an rFactor1 version and an rFactor2 version.
The base International/National layout was converted from the rFactor1 version.
Converted and combined parts of the Enduro layout from the rFactor2 version.
The reason I didn't convert everything from the rFactor2 version is because the wall billboards on the walls were omitted.

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

v1.1 changelog;
-Fixed shaders for windows and fence. Thanks to report by @Masscot .
-Fixed pit surfaces. Thanks to report by @ApexVGear .
-Added ai_hints.ini. Thanks to report by @mrtomcat66 .
-Fixed semaphore.ini.
-I deleted the old Balloon and replaced it with a new one.
-Fixed the mapping of the Michelin Bridge . Also changed the texture to the one created by @Masscot . Thanks.
-Changed the preview of the enduro and international layout.
-Fixed the mapping of some billboards.
-Fixed cone normals.
-I also added groove to the enduro layout section. Thanks for the suggestion by @KevinK2 and @Masscot .

v1.2 changelog;
-Fixed the mapping of some billboards. Thanks to report by @Masscot .
-I replaced the back of the billboard with a different texture.
-Corrected the mapping of Treewall.

v1.3 changelog;
-A number of minor fixes were made. Fixes to normals, mappings, floating objects, etc.
-Groove/skidmark was re-created.
-Added spectators by camera_facting.ini. The crowd textures were from Kniker97. (Thanks)
-Added 3D terrain.
-Added working scoreboard. (.lua and font base by gunnar333)
-Added Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
-Updated pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)
-Included textures and config updates by Mike08. (Thanks)
-Included skins by Mascot. (Thanks)

v1.4 changelog;
-New physical road surface by pugsang. (Thanks)
-Updated ext_config. (Thanks for the report by Mascot.)
-Added flying stuff by Mascot. (Thanks)
-Plugged holes in the grass.
-Removed Treewall and added trees.

v1.45 changelog;
-Fixed a problem with flickering trees.
-Updated flying stuff position by Mascot.
-Updated ext_config.ini.

Magnificent Park v1.45
The link is in the quote.

v1.45 changelog;
-Fixed a problem with flickering trees.
-Updated flying stuff position by @Masscot .
-Updated ext_config.ini.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back