Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,371 comments
Made two skins recently for the VRC TA2 Mustang (one of the most fun cars to drive and race in AC imho) based off a couple 1985 IMSA Mustang GTO cars (still learning how to make skins, only recently in 4k). Links are below, but I had a question about making custom tires; I was able to make the visuals I wanted, but would anyone have a guide or tips how to make the companion texture file for the tires, where it makes the text "3d" on the actual tire? Haven't been able to find anything myself. Thanks! :cheers:

1985 IMSA Mustang #11 Motocraft
1985 IMSA Mustang #07-Eleven

View attachment 1357986
View attachment 1357987
The 3D effect is achieved by making a Normal Map of the tyre texture.
A Normal Map is like the answer to the question "If this bit was raised from the surface, what would the light/shadow do aound it?"
When you combine the two, it looks 3D.
There are many ways to make them, but easy-peasy one is to make a PNG of the tyre texture, and feed it to this website:
Then make a DDS from the PNG you get back and rename it. You can inspect the tyre mesh to find the name, but the convention is:
For tyre.dds, the normal map is tyre_NM.dds
Add to the skin folder.

Good luck, and thanks for all the skins :)

Last edited:
I wonder what happened with the GT4 updates they were working with Chem Flummi. I seem to have read somewhere that it was in the works a while back.
GT4 update is still in development. Still working on the new BoP.

I see that Guerilla Mods is working on GT2 cars and I sort of want them to make a GT4 2.0 or a 2024 Expansion with the Lotus Emira, Nissan Z, New Mustang, and McLaren Artura GT4 cars.
New cars are planned and already work in progress.

The 3D effect is achieved by making a Normal Map of the tyre texture.
A Normal Map is like the answer to the question "If this bit was raised from the surface, what would the light/shadow do aound it?"
When you combine the two, it looks 3D.
There are many ways to make them, but easy-peasy one is to make a PNG of the tyre texture, and feed it to this website:
Then make a DDS from the PNG you get back and rename it. You can inspect the tyre mesh to find the name, but the convention is:
For tyre.dds, the normal map is tyre_NM.dds
Add to the skin folder.

Good luck, and thanks for all the skins :)
I'm used to Materialize (find me here) to create my textures but your github link looks brilliant! Will probably give it a try next time, thanks for the share!

add all Teams (C-Class DTM 2005)
__custom_showroom_1716558966.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716559027.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716559034.jpg

View attachment 1357595
According to players' suggestion, some little updates are added to Azure Circuit 2019(Monaco).
·Remove the left kerb of T10.
·Lengthen kerb of T1.
·Fix some tree model bugs.
·Adding wall on T17.
·Fix rainfx on tarmac out of the track.

·Revise some texture.
·Revise collision physics of T13'wall.
LINK:https://mega.nz/folder/z8Il0KCK#sWqQ4VdeEDJGOVOJmhyJ8w
Oh beautiful, great job, thank you very much...I'm having track limits problems at turn 16 of the swimming pools... Why?

Hi Guys can you help me out? I seem to have problems in the night :) manifested as "curtains" in the night or "downpour" or a as an aurora or a disco show
NOTHERN LIGHT AT ZANDVOORT.jpg
DOWNPOUR AT MONACO.jpg
CURTAINS AT ZANDVOORT.jpg

3x samsung g7 32"
W11 with hdr on
Nvdia 3070ti
Latest pure
Latest csp

Last edited:
Released : AMG Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM 2003
Author:F302
3D Model Car:RRRE,KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: SimBin ,KW Studios
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer AC Vision GT 1.0
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager
knowing bugs: HR Cockpit Seat

Screenshot_f302_mb_clk_dtm_2003_ks_nordschleife_19-4-124-22-33-12.jpg

shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 06 - Monaco v1.0...
Thanks one more time for you work, only a little suggestion... Can you place the lollipop boys between the cars and the garages, as seen in other versions of the track? Although they can be crossed as if they were ghosts, is very annoying when exiting the pits, fearing a carnage after installing a future version of CSP with a hypothetical "Show blood and broken bones" option... 😬

Last edited:
We need beta testers!
Screenshot_gd_lamborghini_lm002_vicecity_10-4-124-19-40-46.png

Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_vicecity_10-4-124-19-44-42.png

The Countach has went trough a lot of changes again...
I and Heckle Viz on Facebook have spent a quite a long time fixing up and finding more issues that were on the original car.
The changelog would be quite big to list...
We felt that as if redoing the entire mod from scratch would have been a better idea due to how much issues the mod had, but we pushed on. Missing meshes were added,broken meshes have been fixed,the UVs on a lot of the meshes has been redone,Refractions have been fixed, AO which had issues like the rims and the inner roof have been also fixed... Pretty much everything visual vise has been finished. The only thing left to do is optimization.
But we are interested in other beta testers who could provide us with feedback...(Including VR users and users with lower end PC's)
We mostly need visual feedback but would also appreciate feedback regarding the Performance of the mod and the overall polish of the mod. So if you are interested in giving us some feedback feel free to message me (PM me)!

Last edited:
hope u enjoy the Car
have fun!

View attachment 1358109
Man, along with RSS, VRC and some other top dogs of modding community, your mods are really up there. There hasn't been a mod from you that wasn't instantly my favourite, I mean the quality, the sound, the effort put in these mods, truly remarkable. I am not being sarcastic lol, I genuenly mean it. Keep up the great work, and thank you.

hope u enjoy the Car
have fun!

View attachment 1358109
Can't thank you enough for this
Happy Sport GIF by Nissan Motorsport

We need beta testers!
View attachment 1354483
View attachment 1354484
I and Heckle Viz on Facebook have spent a quite a long time fixing up and finding more issues that were on the original car.
We felt that as if redoing the entire mod from scratch would have been a better idea due to how much issues the mod had, but we pushed on. Missing meshes were added,broken meshes have been fixed,the UVs on a lot of the meshes has been redone,Refractions have been fixed, AO which had issues like the rims and the inner roof have been also fixed... Pretty much everything visual vise has been finished. The only thing left to do is optimization.
But we are interested in other beta testers who could provide us with feedback...(Including VR users and users with lower end PC's)
We mostly need visual feedback but would also appreciate feedback regarding the Performance of the mod and the overall polish of the mod. So if you are interested in giving us some feedback feel free to message me (PM me)!
Count me in, i got a low pc (i7 3770, 1050Ti, 12GB RAM, 2TB SSD) and im experienced in modding

I see that Guerilla Mods is working on GT2 cars and I sort of want them to make a GT4 2.0 or a 2024 Expansion with the Lotus Emira, Nissan Z, New Mustang, and McLaren Artura GT4 cars.
They are working on an GT4 2.0, Chem is busy updating their current GT4 cars to better standard and he's also showcased the new Mustang GT4 in ACFK discord.

Oh beautiful, great job, thank you very much...I'm having track limits problems at turn 16 of the swimming pools... Why?
In order to avoid ai to crash wall all the time, the sideline is designed to be far from wall. So……turn off the track limit penalty……

Last edited:
Has anyone run 13x's Indianapolis Oval? It seems to be the best received of the current IMS mods out there. No GrassFX or CSP extras, but a pretty solid rendition otherwise.

My question concerns going over the start-finish line - there seems to be a "beep" and the FFB shakes and resets for a split second when a new lap starts. Is there any way to disable this behavior? I tried with 3 different cars and it happened each time. Never seen this behavior before - I don't understand what it's doing.

Thanks for those who may know. Cheers.

X90
Has anyone run 13x's Indianapolis Oval? It seems to be the best received of the current IMS mods out there. No GrassFX or CSP extras, but a pretty solid rendition otherwise.

My question concerns going over the start-finish line - there seems to be a "beep" and the FFB shakes and resets for a split second when a new lap starts. Is there any way to disable this behavior? I tried with 3 different cars and it happened each time. Never seen this behavior before - I don't understand what it's doing.

Thanks for those who may know. Cheers.
Not sure what the "beep" may be, but the FFB shakes because of the yard of bricks you go over(that are there IRL), which has been modeled on the track, and uses a rumble strip material to give the "bump" feel over the bricks.

Not sure what the "beep" may be, but the FFB shakes because of the yard of bricks you go over(that are there IRL), which has been modeled on the track, and uses a rumble strip material to give the "bump" feel over the bricks.
I see. It's really violent - I can't imagine it being that bad in the real car. I'll have to look into it further.

Thanks one more time for you work, only a little suggestion... Can you place the lollipop boys between the cars and the garages, as seen in other versions of the track? Although they can be crossed as if they were ghosts, is very annoying when exiting the pits, fearing a carnage after installing a future version of CSP with a hypotetical "Show blood and broken bones" option... 😬
You can control whether the lollipop boy appears on the left or right side in crew.ini in the treackname/data folder.
Check the attached zip.

Screenshot_f302_mb_clk_dtm_2003_monaco_1998_25-4-124-13-48-51.jpg

Attachments

• monaco_1998_crew.zip
    301 bytes · Views: 4
We need beta testers!
View attachment 1354483
View attachment 1354484
You should calibrate your monitor! The pictures you posted have a heavy blue shift. You will never get your things right if you see AC normally on your screen with that settings!

Huge thanks for all of these updates DaWallace. I always enjoy and are grateful for your 'release days'.

The Mosler is a great addition to the garage too. Thank you!

:cheers:

Monitor color temp should not affect a screenshot...
Yes and no. It doesn't affect the screenshot itself, but it affect the way you see it from your point of view, So also the tune and the parameters you use, un-aware that it's hideous for others.

It's definitely not a problem in itself, but as soon as you start sharing things... The trouble begins.

hope u enjoy the Car
have fun!

View attachment 1358109
FINALLYYYYYY, finally my dream car is in ac❤️

Monitor color temp should not affect a screenshot...
Sure, but if this is the screenshot he made and he did not recognize this tremendous blue shift, then some thing must be wrong. And imo nobody could seriously set such totally blue tint and make content. So something must be wrong here and maybe the monitor is set too warm and so this adjustment is made to look normally then.

Last edited:
View attachment 1357595
According to players' suggestion, some little updates are added to Azure Circuit 2019(Monaco).
·Remove the left kerb of T10.
·Lengthen kerb of T1.
·Fix some tree model bugs.
·Adding wall on T17.
·Fix rainfx on tarmac out of the track.

·Revise some texture.
·Revise collision physics of T13'wall.
LINK:https://mega.nz/folder/z8Il0KCK#sWqQ4VdeEDJGOVOJmhyJ8w
First of all, thank you for this amazing track, it is by far the best version of Monaco I’ve experienced.

I have noticed a minor issue that is bothering me. In Turn 15, the track next to the curb is labeled as “OFFTRACK,” which means your lap time gets invalidated when driving on the ideal line.

1716631086065.png
1716630735698.jpeg

A simple fix would be editing the "surface.ini":
Code:
[SURFACE_4]
KEY=OFFTRACK
FRICTION=0.9
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0
Setting IS_VALID_TRACK=0 to 1. However, doing so would make every off-track part a valid race track, which I think is not too nice.

Man, along with RSS, VRC and some other top dogs of modding community, your mods are really up there. There hasn't been a mod from you that wasn't instantly my favourite, I mean the quality, the sound, the effort put in these mods, truly remarkable. I am not being sarcastic lol, I genuenly mean it. Keep up the great work, and thank you.
I hope the next 2 DTM cars(C-Class 2005,C-Class 1995) can achieve the same quality

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back