Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,154 comments
I'm curious, do you know what was done to fix the windshield issue?
I have the same problem with a Mercury GTO Cougar from Zins5ki. The properties for both the internal and external windscreens are set to transparent yet all I see is a dark blue opaque windscreen when in the driver's seat even though the windscreen appears transparent in Showroom.

Also not sure about Spyrious' response since the windscreen in your Acura link was transparent both before and after I used the CM analyze function, which just found issues concerning weight in the UI and the rev limiter being too low in the SFX.

I've seen shader patch mentioned as being needed on a few cars in Assettoland but they never tell you which shader patch is needed.
for example there's a West Corvette I downloaded that needs a mysterious shader patch and when you view the exterior in Showroom it just appears to be a mass of spiky, opaque polygons.
Any ideas about how to discover the correct shader patches?

not sure.
also my cm did not recognize anything bad the nsx works fine from the get go.
you can find here all of the cars that you need almost all of them are fixed.
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/cars-1

I dont know what the problem was but it works now.I have another car from tnt,an e36.That one has only the windshield black.Here it is in case anyone want to fix it

https://mega.nz/#!a01kHKoR!_Kb62mU2sqMgb3DbiMwGsxT-N04KQvLxb5DU7LwF0eo

Try downgrading to an earlier CSP version. It's a known bug with the latest one that you might just have noticed.

Thank you, that has to be it. ive been using the newest patch since friday but i only drove street cars so i didnt notice the lights. last night was the first time i started using full blown race cars since the update, that sucks i have to downgrade it now :/ i love the new sparks and rubber bits left on track

are there any project Gotham street styled fantasy tracks for ac?

Just had a google for fantasy street circuits and I found Pudsey https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/pudsey-street-circuit.html
which I'd forgotten all about. Also found this https://acmods.net/tracks/ambush-canyon/ but not tested this one out yet - says it's v0.1 so it probably needs an update. Don't know if this is quite what you're after as far as project Gotham style but what about Roller Coaster https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/roller-coaster-race-circuit-test-release.23770/

@Rex Twining Dunno it still looks a right handful to me. Notice how the back end steps out on every corner on the Top Gear video. Still, let's not worry too much about it and just laugh at what it did to Clarkson's face :lol::lol:

Ambush Canyon and Ariel Atom at night = Major fun

iASsAVP.jpg

It has never been used to race afaik, but it's made from real existing streets/roads (and a parking lot) located in Pudsey (UK).
So...not entirely 'fantasy' ;)

Track description can be found here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/corner-names-track-description.13487/

Just found this https://esport-racing.de/pudsey-2011/ I forgot it was Madcowie who originally made it for GTR2 (God I used to love that game back in the day)...fantasy or not it used to be one of my go to tracks for multiplayer hooning.

is there any way to remove the turbos? i'm really sorry if i'm annoying i'm still learning the process of engine tuning.

I have never tried to remove a turbo. Sorry. Maybe it is enough to simply delete the "Turbo-lines" in engine.ini:
==================
[TURBO_1]
MAX_BOOST=0.85
WASTEGATE=0.85
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=0.85 ; Value used by display apps
REFERENCE_RPM=3000 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal).
GAMMA=2
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0
==================
But I never tried that, so please be carfeul and make a backup first.

Just found this https://esport-racing.de/pudsey-2011/ I forgot it was Madcowie who originally made it for GTR2 (God I used to love that game back in the day)...fantasy or not it used to be one of my go to tracks for multiplayer hooning.
I never read this. So it was used for racing illegal and legal... :D

""""
Pudsey owes its existence to a 2011 initiative aimed at curbing illegal street racing.

Following cuts to the region’s traffic enforcement budget, this notorious section of ring road which had been beset by unsanctioned events for a number of years, was the subject of a pioneering policy launched to improve road safety. In return for agreeing to stop using the highways illegally, racers would be given the run of the 2.3-mile stretch of A-road and shopping mall car park, transformed into a fully-marshaled circuit, for a full racing weekend each summer.
"""

The Terra21 version for AC is nice, but as with many of them, needs optimizing...

@Fanapryde Someone has stuck a load of barriers on all side roads - I'm sure the version I used to race on had open roads everywhere. Does anyone want to see if they can remove the barriers or is that too much hard work lol.

I never read this. So it was used for racing illegal and legal... :D

""""
Pudsey owes its existence to a 2011 initiative aimed at curbing illegal street racing.

Following cuts to the region’s traffic enforcement budget, this notorious section of ring road which had been beset by unsanctioned events for a number of years, was the subject of a pioneering policy launched to improve road safety. In return for agreeing to stop using the highways illegally, racers would be given the run of the 2.3-mile stretch of A-road and shopping mall car park, transformed into a fully-marshaled circuit, for a full racing weekend each summer.
"""

The Terra21 version for AC is nice, but as with many of them, needs optimizing...

Mad isn't it that the way they tried to stop illegal racing was to close the road (and bribe the racers) for legal street racing for one weekend. Wonder if that actually worked though.

I have never tried to remove a turbo. Sorry. Maybe it is enough to simply delete the "Turbo-lines" in engine.ini:
==================
[TURBO_1]
MAX_BOOST=0.85
WASTEGATE=0.85
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=0.85 ; Value used by display apps
REFERENCE_RPM=3000 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal).
GAMMA=2
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0
==================
But I never tried that, so please be carfeul and make a backup first.
you are right about the engine.ini file but dont forget to modify also the power.lut cause it's the file which define the power at the wheels.
In case you have a turbo, the right column in power.lut determines for each rpm in the left column the power calculated like that:
power= power SAE/1+turbo pressure*the loss of power due to the transmission line.
In case you have a naturally aspirated engine, power at the wheels is:
power=power SAE*loss of power due to the transmission line.
loss of power in generally between 15~10%
power SAE is given in the ui_car.json.
exemple in the power.lut @ 3000rpm, power@ crankshaft=100hp turbopressure=0.5 power loss=10%:

rpm |power
3000 |100/1+0.5*0.9=60

the same engine without turbo:

rpm |power
3000 |100*0.9=90

Hope this will help, cheers, Mike.

Last edited:
@dragster666 Might have found a better version of Ambush Canyon according to the youtube comment

At least this version has a data folder in it

https://mega.nz/#!qpoBAKZZ!VSfdMSEIrpKofp9Ele2AJx-txD15OYeTdtFBNik1J7E

Oh you're probably gonna need this too https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ambush-canyon-map.7886/
Be a little careful with old Ambush Canyon links, as the original track was scaled incorrectly. I raised the point back in February and somebody (I can't remember who it was - sorry!) scaled it up by 150% to correct it.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-220#post-12636158

are there any project Gotham street styled fantasy tracks for ac?

I would LOVE it if someone found a way to extract PGR3 and PGR4 tracks and convert them to Assetto Corsa. That person would become a legend.
Kunos used tens of thousands of high-res photos when building their tracks and their environmental texture work is still some of the best around over a decade later.

It's actually surprising that no PGR tracks have even been attempted for AC, not even scratch-built homages like we have with Gran Turismo and Forza.
Such great memories.

Be a little careful with old Ambush Canyon links, as the original track was scaled incorrectly. I raised the point back in February and somebody (I can't remember who it was - sorry!) scaled it up by 150% to correct it.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-220#post-12636158

Thanks for the heads up - I actually found it quite a good drive after I played around with weather and time of day. I didn't notice any weird scaling on the second version I posted so maybe I got lucky and posted the fixed version. (I need to have another look to make sure tho) And I probably should have had a search for it here before posting lol

Last edited:
Question! i need a Physics modding guru to explain me something

so when editing aerodynamics of a car, say the front splitter, when i go into the file CL_Front_wing.lut it will look like this below
.0100/.110
.0200/.220
.0300/.341 ect.... it will keep going up i know that the numbers on the right side if they are increased or decreased they will make more or less downforce or even Lift with negative values. but i dont know what the numbers on the left mean. i assume they have to do with speed, but what is the unit of measurement?? and second question when editing the Height_Front_CL.lut or any Height_.lut it will look almost the same as the the other one
0.100/.20
0.200/.60
0.300/1.0
0.400/1.08
0.600/.65 ect... the right side number seems like a multiplayer to me depending on the height. But!! what are the left numbers! say they are milimeters of height how the hell am i supposed to know the cars height in millimeters! Ive looked everywhere and no one has a guide on this kind of thing or a chart. i just like making mods very accurate on their nurburgring times and most require adjustments to do this. most modders get the engines correct but aero/tires/suspension/drivtrain are all over the place on the random assettoland cars. many are too fast or have 1 ton of downforce and racing slicks on some run of the mill sport car. the only perfect cars i see are from race department or cars specially done by the fellas here on gt planet and Facebook sometimes

@Masscot I'm so tempted to spend a day trying to figure out how to put 1000 of your wonderful balloons in Le Mans but I might just wear my fingers out typing all those numbers. As you said we need a script kiddie who can work some magic. Unfortunately age is also my go to excuse for not being able to do things like this anymore ;)

I would LOVE it if someone found a way to extract PGR3 and PGR4 tracks and convert them to Assetto Corsa. That person would become a legend.
Kunos used tens of thousands of high-res photos when building their tracks and their environmental texture work is still some of the best around over a decade later.

It's actually surprising that no PGR tracks have even been attempted for AC, not even scratch-built homages like we have with Gran Turismo and Forza.
Such great memories.
ac needs more city street tracks pgr,gran turismo and even the first forza had city maps!

question: Is there a way to change/extend headlights range?

yes in "assettocorsa\extension\config\lighting_fx.ini"
but its hidden, you must edit manually, not with CM
(if you remove "; hidden" it will be in CM too)
1.0 = 100%

[BASIC]
; Extension
HEADLIGHTS_RANGE_MULT=1.0 ; multiplier for RANGE_FIRSTPERSON; hidden

so when editing aerodynamics of a car, say the front splitter, when i go into the file CL_Front_wing.lut
the wing has different settings (left value), ie in degrees or something, idk, or steps, whatever, look at other cars (maybe its just from 0..1 like 0..100%)
you tell the game for every step/degree a downforce value (right value)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back