Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Edit: suspension animations are broken?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xsq7tgcutp7sdcc/20180106+Formula+Vintage+F2&F3+v1.16+by+team+SBH.rar

26232044_396795127443308_5086741251630674020_o.jpg

26233448_396795084109979_5933004358199781128_o.jpg

26678666_396795087443312_5865676808078025697_o.jpg

Bazza von Dutch did post in a Facebook nodding group asking for a modeller to help as the suspension was the last bit left before release.

Perhaps he got bored of waiting?

Bazza von Dutch did post in a Facebook nodding group asking for a modeller to help as the suspension was the last bit left before release.

Perhaps he got bored of waiting?
Yep, he's since confirmed that they could not animate the suspension struts or springs properly. Hopefully someone will update them as it does look a little odd in VR.

1973 HOLDEN (AUS) MONARO HQ GTS BY UNCLE M

Source: Forza
Adapted to AC by: Uncle M
Other works by: Uncle M

The mod consists of two versions; Stock and Tuned

Stock version has an 350 GM engine by factory default. (277 HP/489 Nm)
All specifications and car colors are suitable to factory default.

Tuned version has a 427 C3 stock Corvette engine (438 HP/624 Nm)
5 speed custom build gearbox with 4 final drive options.
Sport wheels, some interior and exterior accessories, etc.

I hope you like both cars.

As usual, "please keep the original download link while sharing this mod"

Download Link: https://goo.gl/BfJPxY

(copied from Facebook post, I'm not Uncle M!)

Drove the tuned version for quite a while, interior gauges don't work (might be a VR thing as they look 'custom'?) but drives nicely, it's fun to drive anyway, as it's 'tuned' it's reasonable for it to be a bit tidier. It's also not on stupid slick tyres which is nice.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515476392200.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515476392200.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 55
Quite a few updates over the weekend to the Assetto Land car mod archive.

Anyone tried the WEC 2017 LMP2 pack yet?

6d4b9b_882df09da04345759dde86f8bb622443~mv2.webp

https://assettocorsa-land.wixsite.com/assettoland
It seems to be a pay mod by Sim Dream that has been shared to the public.

1. It’s free; I’ll give it a go. I tried 2 of the cars in the pack. Pure *****; no surprise (as it is Sim Dream). Deleted the entire pack.

2. No one should be paying Sim Dream for any of their work.

Hey guys, I'm new here and have a few questions. I've been an avid sim racer since the first Gran Turismo (on a gamepad) and finally got my first wheel setup the week PC2 launched along with a Rift a few weeks ago, and am about to get committed to AC as well. Can someone please point me in the direction where I can find the best track mods? I would be interested in car mods as well, but only ones that are Kunos quality. Also, are there any apps I may want to run in VR? Any help would be appreciated.
If I were you, I would stick to only Kunos cars & tracks for at least a few weeks. They're all built with the same standards and Kunos is privy to a lot more data than random modders, making their cars or tracks much more realistic. There's something like 170 cars available from Kunos with a tremendous variation in specs. Get used to how the tires should respond. Tires are one of the most important parts of the sim experience and since Kunos built the Tire Model, there is no one else on earth who can make more realistic tires and no two cars from Kunos use the same exact tires.

I think if you spend a couple of weeks sticking to just the Kunos cars, once you do decide to try some mods you'll be able to recognize errors or flaws a lot more easily. Good luck and I hope you enjoy AC. I love it! :D

Bugatti EB110 SuperSport

Bugatti EB110 Supersport by Serius
(street version)
Updated by Velo.
New tyres, ten new skins and car interiors, physics review and update, template and new V12 sound (by unknown).Tested by Dirk Eisenblätter.

26233798_2006169576065072_3528977832296194288_o.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!4dNz3I7S!M_2eWifLnoV0ufcK-oqYD_JZLtVPmui2nLlmhd_ME2k

I'm always suspicious of the tyres on mods, I assume people just put them on silly grippy slicks, so I generally look to see if there's a 'street' option (assuming it's a street car). Tried that with this and it just has chronic turn in oversteer, which combined with the mid-engine layout makes it rather pointless to drive.

So I tried the default tyres it came on (semi slick 'wide') and it was hugely better, but still very prone to oversteer, especially turn in and mid corner at speed. I had a look at the alignment settings and it had a LOT of camber front and rear, so having taken those down to more normal levels, removed almost all the front toe out and knocked the front splitter down 1 notch.

Now it's an absolute treat to drive! The engine is fantastic sounding, although unfortunately there's no turbo noise, which is a bit of a shame for a quad turbo...

Worth a go though with some setup tweaks :D

Road America has just had a decent update:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.7095/

• Fixed UV mapping on dynamic groove (now looks more natural - no sharp edges)
  • Updated hoardings and billboards with 2017 advertisments
  • Removed Track boards physical properties to increase performance
  • Added Kslayered Crowds (Reduce world detail to high to remove crowds and increase performance)
  • Added a few sprinklings of race day stuff to give track a little more life
  • Updated and tweaked many textures Across the whole track (too Many to list)
  • Fixed Bridge Reverb's and general track audio
  • Added Sections ini
  • New UI track map and previews
  • Added new AI track boundaries, (There may be a better ai line posted somewhere on here - angain your call if you want to add that in)
Edit:

Road Atlanta updated too:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-atlanta-2017.18293/

Updated curbs to 2017 colours. Nice and Glossy
Updated 3d grass - Now it works
Few performance tweaks
Updated shaders accross the board
Added missing Lamposts
Updated adverts and billboards
Added Sections ini

Last edited:
I'm always suspicious of the tyres on mods, I assume people just put them on silly grippy slicks, so I generally look to see if there's a 'street' option (assuming it's a street car). Tried that with this and it just has chronic turn in oversteer, which combined with the mid-engine layout makes it rather pointless to drive.

So I tried the default tyres it came on (semi slick 'wide') and it was hugely better, but still very prone to oversteer, especially turn in and mid corner at speed. I had a look at the alignment settings and it had a LOT of camber front and rear, so having taken those down to more normal levels, removed almost all the front toe out and knocked the front splitter down 1 notch.

Now it's an absolute treat to drive! The engine is fantastic sounding, although unfortunately there's no turbo noise, which is a bit of a shame for a quad turbo...

Worth a go though with some setup tweaks :D
I'm with you. So many mods are just plain F'ed because the modder gives it ridiculously grippy tires. Tires are possibly the most important part of the sim and I delete so many mods because I'm sick & tired of having to take time to try and fix them myself. I'll have to give this Bugatti a try. I purposely didn't download it yesterday because I've run across a few of 'em in the past and whoever worked on the cars I tried straight up ruined them.

I completely forgot to post this link:

Aston Martin Vantage GTE

I don't remember how I came across this link today, but I left the tab sitting in my browser. I don't know if this thing fell off the back of a truck or what, but it's a good car. The download is 300MB. The skins folder is ridiculously large (file size) because of all the individual .dds files. I'm sure that can be taken care of no problem.

JPE2Y30.jpg

nVcfNAr.png

a7eEhOR.png

I completely forgot to post this link:

Aston Martin Vantage GTE

I don't remember how I came across this link today, but I left the tab sitting in my browser. I don't know if this thing fell off the back of a truck or what, but it's a good car. The download is 300MB. The skins folder is ridiculously large (file size) because of all the individual .dds files. I'm sure that can be taken care of no problem.

JPE2Y30.jpg

nVcfNAr.png

a7eEhOR.png
Interesting..! I wonder where it came from? Won't have a chance to test it until tomorrow.

Edit: I think ProjectWHat might be right...

a9cd57_b0ab3fe5f0f2462f9c8b2800cc254235~mv2.webp

I'm with you. So many mods are just plain F'ed because the modder gives it ridiculously grippy tires. Tires are possibly the most important part of the sim and I delete so many mods because I'm sick & tired of having to take time to try and fix them myself. I'll have to give this Bugatti a try. I purposely didn't download it yesterday because I've run across a few of 'em in the past and whoever worked on the cars I tried straight up ruined them.

There were a few comments on the fb post saying they thought it handled really well. I can't help but wonder if they drive with assists on or something, so having an extremely oversteery car means it turns in really well at any speed, and then perhaps the assists sort it out? I've never used them so I don't know how they work in AC!

If you find it really oversteery I could ping you over my set-up, I'm by no means an expert but it does make the car handle a lot more like I'd expect (which is all one can go on), although I'd say it's probably still a little too 'good', but I'm wary of playing with tyres. I'm wondering if the street version of the tyres they've mistakenly put the same front and rear which gave it such a ridiculous tendency to spin, may have a look.

I'd also say the power.lut needs a tweak as by most accounts the little V12 was pretty lazy up until it came alive at 5,000 rpm when all the turbos kicked in, whereas it's very linear in the mod car... It's so much fun to drive though as it is, especially the engine sound. If I knew how to add turbo noises I'd have a dabble, as if nothing else the wastegate chatter on lift off was clearly audible in the real car based on youtube videos I've watched.

Here's a collection of GTP/Group C monsters from David Cornelius:
<SDD> AAR-Toyota Eagle Mk III GTP '91
<SDD> Chevrolet Intrepid RM-1 '91
<SDD> Jaguar XJR-12 '90
<RTM> Jaguar XJR-9 LM '88
<RTM> Jaguar XJR-9 GTP '88
<SDD> Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo '90
<RTM> Peugeot 905 EVO 1C '92

The quality of the cars varies, but they are great fun to drive. Add in the Kunos 787B, 962C, and C9 for a really good time.

Download link: https://mega.nz/…

Bugatti EB110 SuperSport

Bugatti EB110 Supersport by Serius
(street version)
Updated by Velo.
New tyres, ten new skins and car interiors, physics review and update, template and new V12 sound (by unknown).Tested by Dirk Eisenblätter.

26233798_2006169576065072_3528977832296194288_o.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!4dNz3I7S!M_2eWifLnoV0ufcK-oqYD_JZLtVPmui2nLlmhd_ME2k

DL link is dead. Got an alternative one? I google searched and can only find old versions of the car from 2016.

Any news on Shuto C1 progress that fixes the dead end roads? Things have been pretty quiet.

Be patient. It's a pretty big track and it's not exactly the most popular one amongst sim racers so most people working on it are not the "high end" modders. The C1 loop only version is pretty much fixed at V6.0, it's the all-in-one mammoth version that still needs work. And if you use the map (the zoomed in vanilla AC map, not the whole track one) you can see which roads are drivable and which will lead to your death :P

This thread seems to be the main one to go to where development happens (at least for non Japanese players): http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12775&start=240

Someone has already converted the Minato Mirai area (the loop at the far left side of the track), now it's just left to the AC Pursuit guys to join it with the rest of the map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g97p04o20ag1chr/minato.rar

Crappily, AC Pursuit seems to have gone down the paymod route :yuck: http://acpmoneysystem.altervista.org/how-it-works/
They removed all download links to the big track and the mod cars. Luckily I managed to snag those a few months back.

There were a few comments on the fb post saying they thought it handled really well. I can't help but wonder if they drive with assists on or something, so having an extremely oversteery car means it turns in really well at any speed, and then perhaps the assists sort it out? I've never used them so I don't know how they work in AC!

If you find it really oversteery I could ping you over my set-up, I'm by no means an expert but it does make the car handle a lot more like I'd expect (which is all one can go on), although I'd say it's probably still a little too 'good', but I'm wary of playing with tyres. I'm wondering if the street version of the tyres they've mistakenly put the same front and rear which gave it such a ridiculous tendency to spin, may have a look.

I'd also say the power.lut needs a tweak as by most accounts the little V12 was pretty lazy up until it came alive at 5,000 rpm when all the turbos kicked in, whereas it's very linear in the mod car... It's so much fun to drive though as it is, especially the engine sound. If I knew how to add turbo noises I'd have a dabble, as if nothing else the wastegate chatter on lift off was clearly audible in the real car based on youtube videos I've watched.
I still haven't downloaded it yet, so I can't offer an opinion yet.

Here's a collection of GTP/Group C monsters from David Cornelius:
<SDD> AAR-Toyota Eagle Mk III GTP '91
<SDD> Chevrolet Intrepid RM-1 '91
<SDD> Jaguar XJR-12 '90
<RTM> Jaguar XJR-9 LM '88
<RTM> Jaguar XJR-9 GTP '88
<SDD> Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo '90
<RTM> Peugeot 905 EVO 1C '92

The quality of the cars varies, but they are great fun to drive. Add in the Kunos 787B, 962C, and C9 for a really good time.

Download link: https://mega.nz/…
Has anyone driven any of these cars yet? I was beyond psyched when I came across this link a few days ago...I downloaded immediately and hit the track. I love Group C cars. I haven't driven all 7 cars yet, but I have driven 4 or 5 of them. I'm beyond bummed with two of them right now. Two of the Jaguars. The XJR-9 LM '88 Group C and the child car the XJR-9 GTP '88. I'm sure they're probably 95% the same besides the engines. Anyway, the ass end of these cars floats all over the place like crazy. Go to Red Bull Ring so you've got mostly straights to deal with and hotlap 'em. You move that wheel a little bit when the car is at speed and she wants to dance all over the place. I tried making some setup changes and they seemed to help a bit, but then I wasn't completely thrilled how the rest of the car felt to me.

Crappily, AC Pursuit seems to have gone down the paymod route :yuck: http://acpmoneysystem.altervista.org/how-it-works/
They removed all download links to the big track and the mod cars. Luckily I managed to snag those a few months back.
@LeGeNd-1 I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's a play money system they invented to make the server more fun for everyone. Basically, you can't just pick a La Ferrari anymore and go blasting around the highways. It sounds like there are ways to "earn money". One is by just spending time on one of the servers.

http://acpmoneysystem.altervista.org/how-it-works/

I guess you don't have to sign up for their money system, but then you wouldn't be a part of their new online game...and I'm sure they keep the "free" cars pretty bland to encourage people to play this system. I know they do Police Cars from time to time (or is it all the time?) and perhaps they've integrated tickets into the system, or something like that. I used to play on a Cruise Room (with Police) in GT6 and it was fun to do now and then.

I might be completely wrong about all of this. 10 minutes ago was the first I learned about this "money system".

@LeGeNd-1 I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's a play money system they invented to make the server more fun for everyone. Basically, you can't just pick a La Ferrari anymore and go blasting around the highways. It sounds like there are ways to "earn money". One is by just spending time on one of the servers.

http://acpmoneysystem.altervista.org/how-it-works/

I guess you don't have to sign up for their money system, but then you wouldn't be a part of their new online game...and I'm sure they keep the "free" cars pretty bland to encourage people to play this system. I know they do Police Cars from time to time (or is it all the time?) and perhaps they've integrated tickets into the system, or something like that. I used to play on a Cruise Room (with Police) in GT6 and it was fun to do now and then.

I might be completely wrong about all of this. 10 minutes ago was the first I learned about this "money system".

It's fine if they segregate their "pay" server from normal servers. I get that it can make it interesting that not all players use the fastest cars all the time and you have to earn it. But locking out the track behind a paywall? It's a bit ironic that they did all that work joining up the sections themselves because JPN players don't want to share, but now they are also doing that to everyone else moving forward. I have no intention of joining their servers or playing online, but I still would like to keep up to date with the track.

It's fine if they segregate their "pay" server from normal servers. I get that it can make it interesting that not all players use the fastest cars all the time and you have to earn it. But locking out the track behind a paywall? It's a bit ironic that they did all that work joining up the sections themselves because JPN players don't want to share, but now they are also doing that to everyone else moving forward. I have no intention of joining their servers or playing online, but I still would like to keep up to date with the track.
Hmmm...I must be missing something because I don't see a paywall or a pay server. Maybe I need to re-read the web pages. I was under the impression it was just a game that they made up. You can choose to play the game or not. Even if you choose not to, you can still drive on the same server & track as the people playing the game. Your sessions just won't be logged because you're not part of the game. I could be way off though...that was just my initial interpretation. Like you, I would like to keep up with the continued development of the monster-sized track. If it ends up being something private, as you've suggested, that's totally 🤬'ed up. As you said, the only reason they even began stitching the tracks together is because the JPN players wouldn't share and it pissed them off - rightly so.

So, I met smallblockhero a few nights ago - we chatted for a while - really nice guy. I'm sure everyone has at least a mod or two that he's done. He's part of the team that releases those AC Legends packs (I think the other guy is Bazza). Anyway, he recently re-touched his 1970 Chevy Corvette LT-1 mod and I thought it was a blast to drive. It sounds pretty sweet when you stomp on it, too. I forgot to ask him why he left TM7 tires on the vehicle. That's about the only negative I can think of, if you want to call it a negative. Anyway, check it out if you like older muscle cars:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4fvx3i01rx228f/1970Vette_Redux2018.7z

DL link is dead. Got an alternative one? I google searched and can only find old versions of the car from 2016.

Be patient. It's a pretty big track and it's not exactly the most popular one amongst sim racers so most people working on it are not the "high end" modders. The C1 loop only version is pretty much fixed at V6.0, it's the all-in-one mammoth version that still needs work. And if you use the map (the zoomed in vanilla AC map, not the whole track one) you can see which roads are drivable and which will lead to your death :P

This thread seems to be the main one to go to where development happens (at least for non Japanese players): http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12775&start=240

Someone has already converted the Minato Mirai area (the loop at the far left side of the track), now it's just left to the AC Pursuit guys to join it with the rest of the map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g97p04o20ag1chr/minato.rar

Great info thank you! After hanging out in AC Pursuit's discord channel over the past few weeks I was beginning to think they didn't have anything to do with the actual development of the track at all. The conversations going on in their discord channel seem to often be something about like playing cops and robbers on a different servers or something weird like that. In fact there doesn't seem to be much conversation going at all over there lately. But I'll check out that forum link you posted :)

@ALB123 I agree, that GTP group needs TLC to get them to perform,
They have issues. So far the only use I have for them is let the AI drive them as I am driving either the C9 or the Mazda.
Still nice to be able to use them that way as they are well balanced performance wise.

@ALB123 I agree, that GTP group needs TLC to get them to perform,
They have issues. So far the only use I have for them is let the AI drive them as I am driving either the C9 or the Mazda.
Still nice to be able to use them that way as they are well balanced performance wise.
Yes! Very nice indeed. I love the race cars in those classes. I was 10 years old in 1985 and those things coming out looked insane compared to NASCAR or Indy...and I didn't know race cars were different than the NASCAR or Indy/F1 style. So, the style - to me - was just "WOW!" And we all know the massive amount of power those engines had. Yup...I was fascinated to say the least.

The third Jaguar seems to be more stable in the rear...the Jaguar XJR-12 '90 and it has 2 other style liveries - Bud Light & Castrol - so we're not stuck with only the famous and beautiful Purple & White Silk Cut skin. There is even an updated Silk Cut which is cool.

Hmmm...I must be missing something because I don't see a paywall or a pay server. Maybe I need to re-read the web pages. I was under the impression it was just a game that they made up. You can choose to play the game or not. Even if you choose not to, you can still drive on the same server & track as the people playing the game. Your sessions just won't be logged because you're not part of the game. I could be way off though...that was just my initial interpretation. Like you, I would like to keep up with the continued development of the monster-sized track. If it ends up being something private, as you've suggested, that's totally 🤬'ed up. As you said, the only reason they even began stitching the tracks together is because the JPN players wouldn't share and it pissed them off - rightly so.

So, I met smallblockhero a few nights ago - we chatted for a while - really nice guy. I'm sure everyone has at least a mod or two that he's done. He's part of the team that releases those AC Legends packs (I think the other guy is Bazza). Anyway, he recently re-touched his 1970 Chevy Corvette LT-1 mod and I thought it was a blast to drive. It sounds pretty sweet when you stomp on it, too. I forgot to ask him why he left TM7 tires on the vehicle. That's about the only negative I can think of, if you want to call it a negative. Anyway, check it out if you like older muscle cars:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4fvx3i01rx228f/1970Vette_Redux2018.7z

Oh, what is the money system they are referring to then? Virtual made up currency? That makes it a bit better. Still, it's annoying that they removed the track DL link from the website unless you sign up (I assumed this, I didn't bother actually signing up).

Also, the Minato Mirai link I shared a couple posts up doesn't actually work :grumpy: In the file there's only heaps of dds texture files and no track file itself. I don't know if you need to convert/compile it first or what. I'm keeping the file for now just in case, but that's a bit of a downer...

It's not a pay server
You start with the basic free cars and the if you register to the site you earm virtual money with laps and races to buy more cars
They removed Shuto cause in the bigger forum was so laggy and unplayable and they are using now only Kunos trac

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back