Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,027 comments
I just happened to make this post in a PM earlier today regarding the RSS GT1 DLC pack:

They look great. They're probably worth the money. The thing is, I know I'm not going to drive them much after a few weeks. Now, I will buy all of the Kunos DLC, even if it were a pack of PoGo sticks that I'll never use. Why? Because their continued success means something to me. If RSS breaks up or never releases another car again, I don't give 2 craps. But if I can toss Kunos a little more revenue to keep getting licenses, which cost a lot of money, and producing great content and hopefully an Assetto Corsa II someday - I'm going to do it, no questions asked, as long as the price is reasonable and AC's paid DLC has always been more than fair in my opinion.

I am exaggerating about the pack of pogo sticks, obviously. 5 cars and 2 pogo sticks? That I could live with. :P
It beats 5 cars and 2 SUVs...*glares at FM7*

Anyway. I finally got my new PC up and running today and downloaded AC. I've already downloaded the Content Manager, I just feel overwhelmed with choice right now!

Fancy something a little different? This Ford SVT Raptor mod isn't normally my thing but it's actually a lot of fun, especially in VR on wide, fast tracks like classic Silverstone. I think the model is a Forza Horizon rip, as it's got a really nice interior. It's bastard fast, too. Sorry about the Depositfiles link, it's the only one I could find. What a terrible file-sharing site.

https://dfiles.eu/files/2fca0hido (grip and drift versions)

23215527_1367638803346940_4266840259329927302_o.jpg

That's from that Facebook/VK page right? Their download link is so sketchy. They throttle your speeds, make you wait a minute, and then makes you wait 15 minutes if you download multiple in a short amount of time.

That's from that Facebook/VK page right? Their download link is so sketchy. They throttle your speeds, make you wait a minute, and then makes you wait 15 minutes if you download multiple in a short amount of time.
Yeah, you have to jump through a few hoops. It's a pain in the ass.

I know about VIR and I know it took a lot of work, and I really appreciate it. But I prefer having payware mods of cars I want, than not having them at all. It's a matter of being practical.

EDIT: Of course, I won't pay for bad quality rips, but RSS cars are on par with Kunos own cars, and in some aspects they are even better, because they are not bound to some of the constraints Kunos has.

I know about VIR and I know it took a lot of work, and I really appreciate it. But I prefer having payware mods of cars I want, than not having them at all. It's a matter of being practical.

EDIT: Of course, I won't pay for bad quality rips, but RSS cars are on par with Kunos own cars, and in some aspects they are even better, because they are not bound to some of the constraints Kunos has.
You have me curious, what would those “constraint” be?

Ugh. My drives are filled with downloaded cars & tracks. I mean, I keep the .zip or .rar even after installation, just in case I need to reinstall and can't locate the car quick enough to fill my psychotic needs.

You have me curious, what would those “constraint” be?

Performance constraints, for example. They need to comply with the minimum system requirements, and we are talking about a game released 4 years ago.

Time constraints also, they simply can't dedicate as much time as a modder. Just look at all the extra details you have with the RSS cars.

And then you have the special features linked to Content Manager, like putting your name, favorite number and country flag in your livery. Kunos can't do that with their cars, for obvious reasons.

Random Callsign uploaded a video of him playing Shuto C1. I asked him in the youtube comments section which version of the map is this and how complete it is, but looks like he was too drunk to give a proper reply. see yourself. Perhaps one of you can make out whatever gibberish he wrote.....

i found that archive of 80 car mods. If you've only recently got Assetto Corsa then this is a great place to start..! Install Content Manager first so you can just drag the zip files in to make unpacking a breeze.

https://mega.nz/#F!O8tgjTTA!HLzGlmDE6wX2NX2Hx4rwfg

Happy New Year everybody. :)
"Drag and drop" didn't work for me, and when I tried opening it with 7Zip, I was asked for a password.

Attachments

• Screenshot-20180102-1418.png
    Screenshot-20180102-1418.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 20
DK
"Drag and drop" didn't work for me, and when I tried opening it with 7Zip, I was asked for a password.
Mmm. Weird. I didn't get that.
Try installing the ones you want by dragging them individually, or the long-winded way of unzipping them to the Cars folder.

i found that archive of 80 car mods. If you've only recently got Assetto Corsa then this is a great place to start..! Install Content Manager first so you can just drag the zip files in to make unpacking a breeze.

https://mega.nz/#F!O8tgjTTA!HLzGlmDE6wX2NX2Hx4rwfg

Happy New Year everybody. :)
Most of the mods are pretty crap quality. For example, the BMW V12LMR has a broken mirror texture and the wheel clips through the body. I can't believe they're selling those mods for actual money.

Most of the mods are pretty crap quality. For example, the BMW V12LMR has a broken mirror texture and the wheel clips through the body. I can't believe they're selling those mods for actual money.
Yeah, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Handy if you just want a bunch of cars to get started though. It's easy enough to delete any you don't want, but I sometimes end up having a lot of fun with some shoddy mods, or just use them to fill the AI grid or as audio donators or whatever. Sorting the wheat from the chaff is half of the fun with cars mods though, isn't it? Sometimes I get entertainment from just seeing how bad some mods are. ;)

I think I already had most of them in this archive anyway.

Who is selling them for money, BTW? You'd have to be mad to pay for 99% of AC car mods. Most are available FOC.

If you look at the bottom of the page for RTM you'll see that dude aspec's email address. He's notorious in the AC modding world for having "released" tons of converted tracks and cars, the problem is that 99% of them are awful crap. I don't know who else is behind that RTM site, but I would never pay a penny for their work. It's already been proven that some of the cars they sell were built by other AC modders who released 'em for free! Very tacky.

Assetto Land has come a long way. I like how they attribute the source of the mod - especially when you go into a manufacturers page. They're still in the process of putting the website back together, so a lot of manufacturers pages are empty or won't even open up. They'll get there I'm sure... There are some crazy Ferrari's on that site.

Quite a few of those cars are really good, but a lot of them have only one LoD so running packs of them for spec races is a no-no. Shame really. The M4 GTS is a lot of fun - try hooning it around the Spa 1966 track I linked to earlier. The physics really shine.

Assetto Land has come a long way. I like how they attribute the source of the mod - especially when you go into a manufacturers page. They're still in the process of putting the website back together, so a lot of manufacturers pages are empty or won't even open up. They'll get there I'm sure... There are some crazy Ferrari's on that site.

I've always liked the clean layout but it's been a wasteland for quite a while. You mention them 'putting the website back together' so did something happen to the site to strip it of content? It always seemed odd that so many manufacturer links went nowhere, especially those (like Nissan) that are very mod-rich. If they continue to populate the site, filter out the dross and keep it regularly updated then it could end up being the go-to place for AC car mods, especially if everything is shared via Mega. If I never have to use that Depositfiles ball-ache again it'll still be too soon.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back