Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
just registered yesterday guys - have read the thread from the end of 2018 year till today, cause there is really interesting and pleasant discussion here:)
Whether a blue crystal thing bothers me much, well no, it doesn't at all.
personally i don't mind encrypting at all (especially in the genuine cases when someone like great A3DR makes a perfect mod(s) from the very scratch) - but it ruins CM showroom previews making. wrote Ilja about this (i have a personal contact with him via vk, this is a truly great man and very gifted) we'll see how it will go..
What does bother me is how hypocritical it is and i just makes me wish that these devs went after these people more....
yeah that's who people are - when someone touches their ego or interests there will be immediately appearing of double standards - "this is my IP cause i spent bazilion hours for messing with someone's model/mod - nevermind the vanilla author have spent much more, including money"/
The only way to bash such persons is to hack/find a way to open the encryption and give away for free again..

Last edited:
Assetto-Corsa-Mercedes-A-Class-Track-768x432.jpg

https://sharemods.com/n2gc7e2zem5y/mercedes_a_class.rar

From the Creator (Adriano):

It’s been a long journey. What started as a joke with a friend while sitting at a bar has become an incredible project that has involved tens of people from all around the world. I have got to know many absolute legends that have contributed to bringing this stupid piece of German metal to be an insane track weapon, drift missile and… well… a pretty ok hot hatch I guess?
Huge, huge thanks to my man Brendon Lee Barnard, a newborn star in data crunching and general miracle working, who’s made an absolute grip monster out of the F1 version. The man is good, I’m telling you…
Big props to my fellow pizza mandolino drift maniac Francesco Cuccia, for all the suggestions on the drift build and for bringing the good out of the boring stock version
Thanks to Peter Smith, Jone Klemo Øverland and Norman Leslie for the astonishing shots.
And finally thanks to whoever decided to jump onto the train of madness and helped me get to my first semi-serious release!
Bring this monstrosity out on the track and enjoy!

Edit: after a quick test (didn't try the drift car):
Collider issues (cars clip through each other), steering wheel buttons don't rotate with the steering wheel, rev counter does loop-the-loops and the needle is off-centre...
Needs some polish.

Last edited:
Just let yourself go...
The stupid blue crystals are gone now, car can be seen in showroom and you can make previews to your likings...

@jumaru99 thanks a lot ! :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Ah, cool - so the mod encryption is intact (I can kind of understand why some modders want to do this, especially when reuploading cash-grabbers like Herr Mirrorman make tracing the mod provenance harder) but showroom/preview features are as normal? Good solution.

Ah, cool - so the mod encryption is intact (I can kind of understand why some modders want to do this, especially when reuploading cash-grabbers like Herr Mirrorman make tracing the mod provenance harder) but showroom/preview features are as normal? Good solution.

There's a new data.acd and KN5 (differently sized) involved. I did not try to open them.
But as been said before, I think hardly anybody has a problem with modders encrypting their work, as long as it is possible to use the features in CM to see them in showroom, compare skins, make previews etc...which is something said modders don't seem to understand, or are willing to.

The new .kn5 opens with modelling tools too. I think this is a version before encryption.

I wish encrypted models would work in CM though. Assetto Corsa successfully decrypts them. It must be possible to see an encrypted model in CM. It would solve most problems with encryption.

There's a new data.acd and KN5 (differently sized) involved. I did not try to open them.
But as been said before, I think hardly anybody has a problem with modders encrypting their work, as long as it is possible to use the features in CM to see them in showroom, compare skins, make previews etc...which is something said modders don't seem to understand, or are willing to.
Is the fix just for one specific car then, not a general showroom fix for all encrypted cars?
With the current CSP I don't think modders are able to encrypt their cars while leaving showroom/previews open for editing - it's something that Ilja has been asked to look at.

Is the fix just for one specific car then, not a general showroom fix for all encrypted cars?
With the current CSP I don't think modders are able to encrypt their cars while leaving showroom/previews open for editing - it's something that Ilja has been asked to look at.

This is just the fix for the Gue M6 and as @portakal says looks like it's the kn5 from the previous version so kinda defeats the point in my eyes. The way I see it is the encryption is probably a one for all thing that can only be applied to the whole car and not allow specific bits of it like previews etc to show. But I'm just guessing as I don't really know

View attachment 869021

https://sharemods.com/n2gc7e2zem5y/mercedes_a_class.rar

From the Creator (Adriano):

It’s been a long journey. What started as a joke with a friend while sitting at a bar has become an incredible project that has involved tens of people from all around the world. I have got to know many absolute legends that have contributed to bringing this stupid piece of German metal to be an insane track weapon, drift missile and… well… a pretty ok hot hatch I guess?
Huge, huge thanks to my man Brendon Lee Barnard, a newborn star in data crunching and general miracle working, who’s made an absolute grip monster out of the F1 version. The man is good, I’m telling you…
Big props to my fellow pizza mandolino drift maniac Francesco Cuccia, for all the suggestions on the drift build and for bringing the good out of the boring stock version
Thanks to Peter Smith, Jone Klemo Øverland and Norman Leslie for the astonishing shots.
And finally thanks to whoever decided to jump onto the train of madness and helped me get to my first semi-serious release!
Bring this monstrosity out on the track and enjoy!

Edit: after a quick test (didn't try the drift car):
Collider issues (cars clip through each other), steering wheel buttons don't rotate with the steering wheel, rev counter does loop-the-loops and the needle is off-centre...
Needs some polish.

Is it me or is this thing way too big for an A Class? Looks really tall in your pic

This is just the fix for the Gue M6 and as @portakal says looks like it's the kn5 from the previous version so kinda defeats the point in my eyes. The way I see it is the encryption is probably a one for all thing that can only be applied to the whole car and not allow specific bits of it like previews etc to show. But I'm just guessing as I don't really know
This is different than the last version's .kn5 model. This is probably this version's one before the encryption.

i do also think there is some trigger in acs.exe which decrypts the model entirely. i believe it may be possible to simulate it via CM one day

I still have a massive problem with encryption beyond being able to use the features in CM, that's without even going into the hypocrisy of it as that has already been covered by others.

Encryption prevents improvement, out of some 700 car mods that I've installed so far, I think there's probably around 30 or so that have required zero adjustment and most of them came from the absolute top rated modders like RSS and A3DR. Put simply, if encryption was widespread, then about 90% of mods would go straight in the bin, mostly for depressingly simple crap like the fact that the majority of people don't get that there's a difference between the quoted power of a car and that at the wheels.

hey do you guys know like when updating a tire file to make it version 10, when you open the tyres.ini folder in the upper left it will say version 7 if the tires are old. if i just simply replace the 7 with "10" does that automatically make them a version 10? is it that simple?

or is that just going to give me a version 7 tire like i started with but the game now thinks its a v10 so i dont get any more warnings but the tires remain sub par

I bought this documentary a little while ago... every passionate about motor racing could be interested in it. ;)

McLaren_2017_front.jpg

Maybe some people isn't aware about this fact but most of the greatest drivers drove different cars of several categories in a lot of different competitions which is... not really the case today !

Well, they were also the days when most of the drivers were gentlemen with a huge respect for each other.

:cheers:
What about Fernando Alonso??:confused::lol:

City Car Driving is on sale at 70% on Steam.

Not sure about that one lol but if anyone hasn't got all the DLCs for Assetto yet then grab them now.

Hmm looks ok but I think I would feel the urge too much to jump out of my car and do bad things.

Since we're a little off topic, can anyone recommend spintires or mudrunner?

Depends if you like driving really slowly and moving logs from one end of a map to the other. Physics are really good but I just got bored after a while. If you want to play a fairly decent rock crawler then grab Pure Rock Crawling but again it's gameplay is fairly limited but the developer updates constantly and is always improving it.

BMW M6 GT3 '18 Heavily Modded by me.

From graphics side:
  • New Materials
  • New UV's sets (incompatible with old skins)
  • New Maps (Diffuse, AO, etc)
  • New LCD gauges and Racelogic
  • New Led Strip
  • New animations
  • Endurance Kit on/off
  • New Damage model
  • and more minor things
Not planning to release it soon

24h Spa Skin by me

From left to right (original, modded endu kit on, modded endu kit off)
zvpyqmP.jpg

0NqM1Q7.jpg

JBsounN.jpg

VG9AkUk.jpg
g9wwEGE.jpg
K16ugkf.jpg
Uoeiqf8.jpg
It is beautiful

Hmm looks ok but I think I would feel the urge too much to jump out of my car and do bad things.

the tale behind those 2 games selling as separate titles is the stuff of legend now. Worth a brief nose around google for the the story if you like a bit of melodrama and lets face it, on the internet who doesn't?:lol:

Aside from that both games are pretty much the same thing but i have both as picked them up cheap and the main thing like most things pn PC is simply put MODDERS.

Very simple to make either game a rock crawling game from mods etc....
I don't play either that much anymore but spintires original can be picked up for as little as £3 on instant gaming.
Game play really well and looks great.

I can. I own both. The biggest difference for me is when I use an XBox controller, I can navigate the in-game menus with Spintires. With MudRunner I have to use the keyboard and mouse. Otherwise, either one is an excellent choice. One point of interest is there has been a resurgence of updates with MudRunner lately.

Yesterday I received my new Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia edition. This is my first new wheel. Logged about thirty laps in AC last night in the Mustang GT4. Such an improvement over my clapped out hand-me-down DFGT with about 60 000 km on it. I'm looking forward to trying more of my favorite cars this weekend. Especially on the newest Kyalami release. Good days.

Screenshot_mustang_fp_gt4_ks_highlands_25-11-119-18-38-35.jpg

edit: pic, grammar

Last edited:
I've been doing some cat and mouse racing on both directions of Joux Plane lately which has been really fun and especially with the RSR 3.0. I use two AI cars and start in 2nd place and try to keep up :). Now I'm starting to look into the touge tracks which I never really considered before because I thought those tracks were for drifting but that's not the case now that I've read up on it and whatched some YT videos 👍 Cat and mouse racing here I come!

Edit: Well forget the touge tracks, they don't work in race mode and aren't what I'm looking for anyway. One exception that I've found so far is Reddosuneku (Krajiska Zmija)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back