Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,231 comments
Some recalcitrant vertex or null has got lost metres away from the car causing the average centre to be outside the camera's field of view.

I have seen some mods with this issue and I tried hard to find the offending element that causes the centering issue of these mod cars.
I tried to find the offending element in KsEditor, in 3DSimEd and in the CAD system I use for work (using an fbx file from the mod.

I never had any luck finding it :-(

What is the best way to go about fixing this issue in your experience ?

Hey guys...ok things have been a bit hectic lately for me and my family (as I'm sure for many others too) but thankfully things seem to be calming down and more time is becoming available to getting back to this beloved hobby..

I would really like to find a central hub or place to host all the reboot tracks again (including any or all the lovely fixes some kind folks have done here)..my reasoning being I get a awful lot of private messages for links etc and with discord and other places everything has become s little disperate and confused with latest or most up to date versions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Predominantly I would like a place were the judgemental finger pointy rightous types would be least likely to try to police others fun

Jim
If setting up a website is too much of a hassle you could with very few steps set up your own Discord channel and start out with very few channels (really the bare minimum) and host the files through one of the popular file sharing sites and link them with a screenshot, short description (just like on your old site) and the file sharing link in your discord channel.

You can have a tight control on the users you allow in your discord and if you so wish you could even expand your service on the discord, hosting events, activating voice channels and provide a hangout, link to live streams or even live stream THROUGH discord, etc, etc …

You're supposed to drive it... not look at it in showroom
What a stupid statement that is. I want you to seriously think about what you just said and hopefully you realize how moronic you sound.

EDIT: After reading your other posts I have come to the conclusion you're either a small child or someone who's way too high and mighty. Come back when you make mods comparable to Gary Paterson, IER, A3DR or RSS

Honda S2000 (1999)
Version 1.0 - 2020.03.27

All the credits for the 3D model go to an unknown author (if someone knows, let me know!)
Thanks to RealAKP for textures, support and tips

90933426_526097228096490_2779036456910323712_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new engine power/torque figure (from actual dyno)
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new suspensions setup
- new tyres v10 (street, semislicks)
- new sounds (credits to modek)
- suspensions geometry from Kunos
- tweaked car polar inertia
- corrected car total mass
- adjusted car controls
- corrected max fuel capacity
- adjusted fuel tank position
- increased fuel consumption
- adjusted drivetrain config
- tweaked differential settings
- adjusted engine config
- removed TC and EDL
- adjusted graphics offsets and pitch rotation
- corrected collider position
- added damage
- added and tweaked lights
- corrected graphics offsets
- enhanced textures by RealAKP
- totally reworked shaders and some texture replacement
- totally reworked skins
- added LoDs .kn5 files
- skins with CSP materials
- VAO patch (thanks to RealAKP)
- added deforming bonnet (CSP only)
- added working odometers (CSP only)
- exhaust smoke (CSP 0.1.47 or above only)
- PBR materials (CSP only)
- updated ambient shadows
- updated previews
- fixed hands and steering wheel out of synch
- fixed glitch in blurred rims
- fixed RPM digital instrument

DOWNLOAD HERE

anyone has the most wanted M3 GTR camo or the car itself?
the one made by lucas-mods has garbage interior, must have been made for people who like to see car from the outside....

I just dont like when someone who spreads/reuploads any mod he can to make money or even edit before share cuz its model from different game etc etc. Its long topic i have no time for. I appreciate good opinions but meanwhile many people say we can eat **** cuz we block our mods to everyone with encryption. They should look what happened to street heroes paid S13 which was scratch if im correct. It got edited to **** with other stolen models without any asking or something. Seeing someone blocked on every group and asking for every good mod link just makes me laugh. Nothing more. I have no time for starting dramas and ****talk, but when telling me i can crawl back to discord is just stupid. Is there anything else i can say without insults or vulgar language before i "crawl back" to my job? :)
If you stay longer in our topic, you will understand that you are talking nonsense! We also have troubles, but they quickly disappear.
P.S. The most important thing is to go down from heaven to earth and people will respect you!:gtpflag:

Honda S2000 (1999)
Version 1.0 - 2020.03.27

All the credits for the 3D model go to an unknown author (if someone knows, let me know!)
Thanks to RealAKP for textures, support and tips

90933426_526097228096490_2779036456910323712_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new engine power/torque figure (from actual dyno)
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new suspensions setup
- new tyres v10 (street, semislicks)
- new sounds (credits to modek)
- suspensions geometry from Kunos
- tweaked car polar inertia
- corrected car total mass
- adjusted car controls
- corrected max fuel capacity
- adjusted fuel tank position
- increased fuel consumption
- adjusted drivetrain config
- tweaked differential settings
- adjusted engine config
- removed TC and EDL
- adjusted graphics offsets and pitch rotation
- corrected collider position
- added damage
- added and tweaked lights
- corrected graphics offsets
- enhanced textures by RealAKP
- totally reworked shaders and some texture replacement
- totally reworked skins
- added LoDs .kn5 files
- skins with CSP materials
- VAO patch (thanks to RealAKP)
- added deforming bonnet (CSP only)
- added working odometers (CSP only)
- exhaust smoke (CSP 0.1.47 or above only)
- PBR materials (CSP only)
- updated ambient shadows
- updated previews
- fixed hands and steering wheel out of synch
- fixed glitch in blurred rims
- fixed RPM digital instrument

DOWNLOAD HERE
hopefully we can get the Club Racer (CR) package as a visual mod for it in future updates

That's a cafe racer, a street rod. I'm not sure it could pass a SRO tech inspection. Sure looks bitchen, tho....

It's on airbags which is how it's so low. Does look good for sure but it ain't practical and the only time you'd see it that low is when it's parked in a field getting stared at by passers by.

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get Pro Tyres to work with the genesis gt4 but I'm totally lost as the normal process of copying the correct files from the data folder doesn't work. Jens mentions this in the pro tyres app

"*1 Car have an zip/readme fix inside the cars_mod folder that you need to apply to the cars AC folder as well"

which I'm not seeing, if possible could someone explain what I need to do

As far as I know, you just need to put in a zip file of the car containing the tyres.ini and the perfcurve and wearcurve luts.
I'll check it out seeing as I have to add a couple cars myself. I thought it already worked but that might just be a version of the car I had.

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get Pro Tyres to work with the genesis gt4 but I'm totally lost as the normal process of copying the correct files from the data folder doesn't work. Jens mentions this in the pro tyres app

"*1 Car have an zip/readme fix inside the cars_mod folder that you need to apply to the cars AC folder as well"

which I'm not seeing, if possible could someone explain what I need to do
Anyone?

Possible to get a quick explanation on making sparks bigger on CSP?

Thank you

Go here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config and look for particles_fx.ini open that up and scroll down to the value that says [SPARKS_DEV]. Delete the "; Hidden" and then open up Content Manager and go to settings/custom shader patch, and click on PARTICLES FX down the left hand side. Now hopefully you should have a whole new section dedicated to Sparks and you should be able to adjust all sorts of values there.

Thank you very much!
Hope it's an enjoyable car for everyone.. :) for me this S2000 is very fun to drive!
I'm not really into street cars, but this car is a real joy to drive :)
Looks quite nice, sounds good too.
But CM gives a warning:

"""""Most likely, sound is not from tatuusfa1, but instead it’s based on Kunos sample soundbank and its author forgot to change GUIDs before compiling it. Usually it’s not a problem, but in a race with two different cars having same GUIDs, one of them will use sound of another one.

If you’re the author, please, consider fixing it."""""

When you click the bold part (coloured in CM) you get directed to this tutorial:

Porsche 911 996.2 GT3 (2004)

Link at bottom

Well here is my "quick" edit of the 966. I say quick but I ended up spending a few more hours on it as planned! It's by no means perfect, but as the original mod was a badly handling turbo machine with very flat paint jobs, it now drives pretty nicely and looks a lot better. Other than matching real world performance figures, I didn't go for real world specs such as suspension settings etc. I've made it as nice to drive as possible and in line with how I "think" it should feel but I'm no physics guru and don't pretend to be either. So if anyone wants to take on that challenge, knock yourselves out 👍

All credits go to Assetto Garage for creating the mod in the first place. Thanks to @MrB00 for the extra skins!

Changelog:

Physics updates:

- Matched real bhp and torque figures for the 2004 model year
- Created an accurate power curve
- Tweaked AI
- Corrected colliders

Model updates:

- added AO body map
- fixed flickering items in dashboard
- better shifting animation
- re-created/added more skins
- various shader changes
- other small fixes that I forgot to note
- added basic LOD's
- Gulf, Apple and Camo skins lovingly created by MrB00

Skin template included in /template folder

Big thanks to Assetto Garage for the original conversion
Many thanks to MrB00 for the extra skins and additional testing

Enjoy! :-)
nrms

I do not plan on spending much more time on this as I have so many other things going on at the moment, but if anyone has any suggestions then please let me know and I will see what I can do. Also if anyone wants to take over the mod and improve it further themselves, go for it. Don't even credit me if you don't want, but please credit AG and MrB00 for their work :cheers:

https://mega.nz/#!....

EDIT:

updated 01 May 2020

v0.9 changes:

- animated wipers
- added digital display
- added exhaust shake
- improved AO map on spoiler
- added rain glass
- couple more skins
- optimised LOD's

v0.91

- slightly reduced wheel and tyre sizes
- polished wheels a little
- re-mapped and re-textured brake discs
- removed racing slick tyres
- added street and semi-slick tyres, semi slick set as default
- corrected brake caliper shader
- corrected broken wheel blur on rear wheel
- wipers now work on lod_b
- improved LOD's again
- 4 new skins Gulf skins added by racealot

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3yg5nwjm5sqk4e6/ag_porsche_996_gt3_2004_nrms.7z/file

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Release: Ferrari 488 GT4

Screenshot-ferrari-488-gt4-imola-23-3-120-14-49-21.jpg

https://sharemods.com/rxg6azbmh2s0/Ferrari_488_GT4_v1.01.7z.html

Description:
- Fictional GT4 version, BOPed on par with Porsche Cayman GT4 and Maserati GT4
- Number LEDs
- Custom Shader Patch needed!

Skins:
- Rinaldi Racing GT4E
- Rinaldi Racing ADAC GT4
- RaceDepartment (made by seco46)

Model based on: Ferrari 488 GTB, interior from 488 GT3
Sound from Ferrari 488 GT3 (reduced the volume per ext_config.ini)
Templates included
Compressed skins are in the extras folder

Bugs:
None found yet. If you think there's something wrong with it, write here in this thread. (I hope it's not the sound :D)

Credits:
M4MKey for the number LEDs
seco46 for the RaceDepartment skin

Notes:
I have decided that I will include the RD skin here in my mod package after some decision. seco46, if you read here and do not want have your skin included in my mod, PM me and I will remove it.

I just discovered your sharing and I am in fan, splendid work. 👍

There's a .ini and .lut pack from the creator of the proTyres mod which you'll need to install into the Genesis' Data folder for it to be compatible.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres-ini-lut-pack.18088/

The Hyundai Genesis Racing Coupe 2013 is on the list, which is the basis for our mod, but you might wish to contact the creator of this mod if it doesn't end up being compatible with the GT4.

Read the list carefully though, because the red text means the Genesis has some special conditions that need to be met during the install it seems. Just read the red text at the top of the list to find out what those are.

Last edited:
A little update for A1 Ring 1997 version from Kunos Base,
It's the same type of work than my 2011 version with lot more gravel and grass.
View attachment 903067

It wil be the most accurate possible, but as I can't do lot 3d work, there will be some limitations...

Ah and I managed to have older Monza parabolica and it's the next work in the box...
A little update for A1 Ring 1997 version from Kunos Base,
It's the same type of work than my 2011 version with lot more gravel and grass.
View attachment 903067

It wil be the most accurate possible, but as I can't do lot 3d work, there will be some limitations...

Ah and I managed to have older Monza parabolica and it's the next work in the box...
Hello
download link for a1 ring 1997?
for monza, always 1997 version?
thank you

I just emailed Ilja an updated "Car Brands" folder with better quality logos covering the whole spectrum of today's modding scenario (CM's logos are outdated and low quality). Hope he incorporates it to next updates.

No offence but the logos are not of high quality, why would you now want to integrate them into Content Manager ?

Can we expect an update ?

Some example : The size are too large for Saab, Parnelli, Talbot, Venturi and Footwork logo's.

Thanks for sharing.

Hope it's an enjoyable car for everyone.. :) for me this S2000 is very fun to drive!

Yes, I enjoy it but also noticed two items you might want to address.
  1. The paint on all cars looks like chrome paint, not a bad effect per see, but maybe not on every skin.
  2. The center mirror is bugged, the other car are disappearing in it.
No biggies, also maybe more noticeable in VR, if you need you might want to add a VR tester to your team, that might help with real mirrors settings and such.

On a different subject, where is the folder with the files containing the km driven data for each car?

Last edited:
Yes, I enjoy it but also noticed two items you might want to address.
  1. The paint on all cars looks like chrome paint, not a bad effect per see, but maybe not on every skin.
  2. The center mirror is bugged, the other car are disappearing in it.
No biggies, also maybe more noticeable in VR, if you need you might want to add a VR tester to your team, that might help with real mirrors settings and such.

First of all, thanks for your mini-review!
1. Actually for the car paint I used solid, pearl and metallic CSP PBR Material, with respect with the original paint. They look good to me! :)
2. Yes, I'm aware! maybe I should have written it down on the changelog.. The problem is the glass between the two seats.. It's not trasparent, I didn't find a way to solve it. Sorry!

OT Question: do you guys know if there's a way to not allow Steam to download DLCs?
Dirt Rally 2.0 keeps downloading tons of Gigs of stuff I won't be buying

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back