Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Thanks ambass
That would make sence if it wasn't that the sparkles fly in the opposite direction as the smoke does...
And indeed, a bit less colourful would be OK. :D
Iirc @Fall Guy left some instructions how to alter the colour of the smoke, but I haven't been on it yet...
Amazing track, many thanks! A couple of issues, the grass acts like gravel and could you please change the tarmac after the exit curb at T1 and the same at the corner entering the stadium section as they slow the car down. Cheers.

About new rain in CSP 163 last night I menage to make it work and its great but how to turn it of ?Its on on every weather and race lol.I had to revert to CSP 152 haha.Thanks

About new rain in CSP 163 last night I menage to make it work and its great but how to turn it of ?Its on on every weather and race lol.I had to revert to CSP 152 haha.Thanks
Use the debug app from the sidebar, right down the bottom of the list.

I'm not too familiar with that site, so I wonder: what are the chances of the model uploaded there to become an actual AC mod? There is some interesting stuff there.
it easy, just matter of time. Conversion of car is about one week of every evening 1-2 hours work. Track is much easier. But more complex with textures.
but i have stopped with it. Now only a spectator.

Use the debug app from the sidebar, right down the bottom of the list.
I know about that.So every time I dont want rain I have to turn things off in that app?If i remember right I did but there where still rain drops on my windshield that I couldnt wipe.I think I will wait for a some future CSP releases.Also my SOL autowipers do not work with 163 rain so I have to turn that off evey time...Thanks.

the car is 6$? i don't want to come off as rude but can you put a bit more effort into them? Even some payware Forza rips have better quality than these.
why not? if 3d model was made from zero , it worth it. Even more. This car is for real fan who would like to pay for it.

the car is 6$? i don't want to come off as rude but can you put a bit more effort into them? Even some payware Forza rips have better quality than these.

I have driven his free Cadillac Cien mod and Lotec C1000 mod. The models aren't the worst but the physics are pretty bad. But I do respect the time put into any modding work.

I have been going back through my duplicate track review project at all the tracks that I said something like "would be better with grassfx" or "if it weren't for this particular bug it would be perfect" and now that I've learned a lot I'm actually going back and fixing some of those bugs/wants. Here's my latest one, Blackwood Reloaded (the ultra HD version of the old LFS track). This track had a bug where laps didn't count when you're in the pit lane, so I fixed that, and while I was at it I added some GrassFX. I think it looks pretty sharp. It installs into it's own folder and it's not on sharemods :eek:

I updated the link because I forgot something... sorry.

Thx for the fix and new grass. Imo a bit long, but just personal taste. :lol:
I tweaked a bit the brightness of trees, people, bushes and horizon, background. Thought it could match it a bit better.
Tweaked screenshot was a first try where trees got to dark, made them a bit brighter again.

before:
upload_2020-8-4_14-51-58.png

whith config tweaks:
upload_2020-8-4_14-53-55.png

Put this at the end of your ext_config.ini if ya like. :)
Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = tree?
SHADER = ksTree
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
CULL_MODE = NONE
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = trees darker
MATERIALS = tree?
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.375
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.275

DESCRIPTION = horizon background darker
MATERIALS = 0b2b511e.dds
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.675
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.075

DESCRIPTION = flowers darker
MATERIALS = gs_blum?,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.475
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

DESCRIPTION = bushes darker
MATERIALS = bush22,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.575
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

MATERIALS = bush2,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.975
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.225

DESCRIPTION = people darker
MATERIALS = material_3647, material_3600, people?, marshals
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.375
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

Edit: btw. it works for the old blackwood version too. :)

I guess this is not, what it should look like. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 946315

Haha yeah that's not right. It looks like you're not using the Legion version of the track since his has black walls instead of white. Try doing a clean install of the track and then install the lights package again.

Track:
Lights: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lights-for-bristol-motor-speedway.35037/

All your cars are paymods now, and $6 dollars each? $6 per car?
Can you show some detailed images of the cockpits please?

They were $8 last week, just think of the deal you're getting!

Last edited:
here is the car link, delpinsky help with a lot of small updates, only issues is a flickering issues on the display.
I consider this car a grid filler though anyway.

We are so spoiled, the level of simulation we have access to in AC at all level is just amazing. We have all the content both for cars and tracks, actual and historic and then some. the graphics with all the magic of SOL and CSP are gorgeous and the latest developments with the amazingly real rain will even take it to an other level.
I highlighted that comment from Glad, because in any other sim having this car available would be worth of a RD news, and the level of quality would be less, but here, we are so accustomed to greatness that a small glitch in the dashboard will relegate this car to a grid filler!
I have been trying other SIM recently, more out of boredom, than anything else, as I still drive AC every day, but I am fortunate I have a lot of time in my hands recently. None come even close to AC, in AC we have all their content and more.
I find the driving more real and immersive in AC on both physic/ffb and graphic. With CM I can organise any real or fantasy championship I can dream of, the only limit being either my imagination or my laziness.
In this thread we have access to more new content and updates that all the other SIM out there put together, some time so much that it feels overwhelming.
The ultimate SIM is here, we are spoiled and I am just delighted about it.:D :cheers:

Last edited:
Haha yeah that's not right. It looks like you're not using the Legion version of the track since his has black walls instead of white. Try doing a clean install of the track and then install the lights package again.

Track:
Lights: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lights-for-bristol-motor-speedway.35037/

Sorry. I tried that before already. It's not working for me. I am on CSP 0.1.61 and SOL 1.6.2. But it is just this track and only at nighttime (at daytime evrything is looking fine). So it is not a big problem for me. Thank you for the effort anyway.

Thx for the fix and new grass. Imo a bit long, but just personal taste. :lol:
I tweaked a bit the brightness of trees, people, bushes and horizon, background. Thought it could match it a bit better.
Tweaked screenshot was a first try where trees got to dark, made them a bit brighter again.

before:
View attachment 946364

whith config tweaks:
View attachment 946365

Put this at the end of your ext_config.ini if ya like. :)
Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = tree?
SHADER = ksTree
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
CULL_MODE = NONE
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

DESCRIPTION = trees darker
MATERIALS = tree?
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.375
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.275

DESCRIPTION = horizon background darker
MATERIALS = 0b2b511e.dds
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.675
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.075

DESCRIPTION = flowers darker
MATERIALS = gs_blum?,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.475
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

MATERIALS = bush22,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.575
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

MATERIALS = bush2,
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.975
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.225

DESCRIPTION = people darker
MATERIALS = material_3647, material_3600, people?, marshals
ACTIVE = 1
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.375
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.125

Edit: btw. it works for the old blackwood version too. :)

Awesome, thanks. I only ever adjust the brightness of things (if it's a track I'm refreshing) if they are super egregiously bright or dark because it's such a subjective thing to people's tastes, or if there are 2 grass materials right next to each other with vastly different brightness causing grassfx to look goofy. I didn't like the look of the trees on this track, but the brightness on those particular trees was variable even on the tree texture itself (some of the trees had bright patches in them while the rest looked normal) and figured that was intentional (albeit a bit ugly haha). Even in the before and after screenshots you sent the bottom of those trees look unrealistically dark, so it's a tradeoff that I usually don't even entertain unless the trees look like they are a glowing neon mess (which they sometimes are) but I appreciate that other people might feel different than me, so that's why I just usually leave that up to someone else and not try to impose my "trees should be this bright" feelings on anyone else.

I tend to look out the window that's directly behind my monitor when I'm working on tracks and am wondering about how the grass or the trees should look on a particular track I'm working on, and at least to my eyes trees can be pretty bright, and sometimes even vastly different from the tree right next to it.

Some Shader improvements to the Zonda F i must say the AO looks nice on it. A big thanks to Benjaminavtek for helping me out on for the shaders.
Need to put some stuff in the interior and it should be done would love to do an interior AO but AO calculation doesn't support it and in 3ds max i always fail to make it properly. So the interior textures will stay 2D for now.
View attachment 946171
I cant wait to drive this

I would say the reason is that the bump is not there in the actual track. It's quite smooth actually:

I have to agree. I don't see anything like a pronounced dip in the carousel. Mid-O has always had a well-deserved rep for bumpiness, but it's mostly been in the 'Madness' section. Maybe the track's been repaved?

Edit: Wrong-oh, Bat Breath! You're confusing the Carousel with the Keyhole (cf below).

Last edited:
I said I'd put up a vid of the Dakar trucks at Eldora, and decided to add the amazing full V8 sprintcar from Legion's blog. If anyone tries the sprintcar, bear in mind as default it has tyres for AI, and is undriveable - with the other tyres its brilliant though. Thanks Jody Parks for the cams :D

No of course it's not about the RSS vs VRC fight. I actually prefer VRC to RSS lately. Not in a sense of quality of their mods, but how they do their work. Because VRC is constantly getting better and better, doing new stuff, trying to improve on existing cars, etc.. RSS seems to have found a soft spot for their mods and they are sticking to a proven formula of what just works and don't do anything revolutionary (ok Indy was a new thing, but again in the same ball park with the same formula they do for a while now). And to me at least it is getting a little boring. I mean how much does an F1 car change from year to year? And what does a new version of the same mod bring in term of fun. So if a couple of years ago you could say that RSS is in it's own league, you can say this less an less with every new VRC release. URD was on this path of catching up with RSS as well, but have apparently gone on a long vacation.

That being said, this mod was for excellent before in the previous version. I love challenging cars as well, that's why I love the 1999 version of Indy, or V10 2000 from RSS, or this hidden gem from ACR, the Ferrari 1987. And it's not about that, not what I don't like about this new version. It is still extremely challenging to drive and the suspension graphics and physics are out of this world. But it's just to fast IMO. But of course, I agree, it's all about personal preference. And to have an option to choose, is a just a bonus.

Cheers. :cheers:

Great comments, Ales.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back