Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,781 comments
Been at work. Anything exciting happen on today’s episode of As The AC World Turns? :sly:

BE kindly released their whole car sets - 1.6gb of landfill - to be trowed around.
Bidding's started, currently $2.00 :lol:

lwz2.png

Nothing secretive here. There is a pack of cars posted on a certain forum. WIP-cars shared by an unhappy skinner, apparently with no authorization from the modders. These are not paymods, but we have been discussing if it's OK to share them here. The folks from BE-modding took part in conversation and said it's not OK to share them. So we are not sharing them, at least in public.

Some of the cars are good, most of them clearly WIP (as stated), not much must-have-stuff to miss...

Thank you for yout information, yet some secret remains.

Here is the BMW E47 Z3 M Coupe with working wipers all ready for the rain now and implemented the fixed front light back into the car instead of config file. Let me know of any problems and I will also try get the LOds done tomorrow but for now this is all, enjoy and let's keep this up :cheers:

bmw_z3m.rar
Thanks for these updates, this is turning into a very nice little car.
What's with the sound though? Is the driver transporting a beehive in the boot? There must be a better set of audio files for it, ones with a bit less buzzing?

I missed that, can I get a TL;DR?

As this is an open to every country people forum/site,
can I humbly ask - as a no English native speaker - that at least when you use abreviations or slang words, at least open a '()'
and insert what means those letters/words? Please?
Many are being used lately.
Thank you for your understanfing.

BE kindly released their whole car sets - 1.6gb of landfill - to be trowed around.
Who wants 'um. :lol:

lwz2.png

Shhh, it is a 'like' war secret. So please PM it.

Well sorry guys for my part bringing this here.
Thanks for the support Mascot, but maybe i messed up.

My conscience is clear at least in that i did not share the link on here.

The secret forum, Paulo Ribeiro is just simply a place where i assumed most people already knew of. I saw someone once mention it by name and then the post was removed.
That is the only reason for not naming it.

These BE mods are actually quite impressive, so if they are being released for free anyway i don't see it as anything other than a nice little demo.

But anyway. It is what it is.

I don't think you did, and I don't think you've got anything to apologise for. This forum is for discussing AC mods in all shapes and forms, with the one proviso that pay mods (even stolen, ripped-off, misappropriated, half-assed, borderline criminal pay mods) cannot be publicly shared. Discussing leaked mods isn't even frowned upon, and it's only your sense of decency that stopped you from sharing the links. Others might not have been so prudent, but they'd still technically be within the forum rules to do so. BE Modding should really be thanking you, not attacking you.

Try hot lapping A3DR's WXR Impreza at Spa. That worked for me, but didn't on some other tracks (Port Newark, for example).

I have tried the BMW M1, the Ferrari 488 and the Lotus Elise at Brand Hatch.
Are we saying it is car and track dependent?

My conscience is clear at least in that i did not share the link on here.

The secret forum, Paulo Ribeiro is just simply a place where i assumed most people already knew of. I saw someone once mention it by name and then the post was removed.
That is the only reason for not naming it.

These BE mods are actually quite impressive, so if they are being released for free anyway i don't see it as anything other than a nice little demo.

But anyway. It is what it is.
Hi so if they are free why no 1 can share the link?

Hi so if they are free why no 1 can share the link?

I think we are just being overly cautious to protect this thread from any kind of problems, after what happened to F1-classic-forum for example... This BE-modding case is a bit of a borderline-case. I ain't gonna post it here and potentially be the bad guy.

But I'm sure here are some people who can PM the link... :)

Can someone fix the exhaust flames from the newly released 488 Challenge EVO?

Would be cool if 1x1 carbon, PBR materials and red hot exhaust were set as well! :)
A config already exists, but you could add these lines, a bit of copy/paste from acc mods with some changes, looks okayish..
https://bayfiles.com/v6z9C4Nco0/ext_config_ini

+ flame fix
[FLAME_0]
POSITION=-0.3540109,0.3881444,-2.080464
DIRECTION=-0,-0.04843588,-0.9988074
VSIZE_START=0.15
VSIZE_END=0.05
SIZE_MULT=0.9
IS_LEFT=0
LSIZE=0.3
GROUP=0

[FLAME_1]
POSITION=0.3523866,0.3898235,-2.080464
DIRECTION=0,-0.04843588,-0.9988074
VSIZE_START=0.1
VSIZE_END=0.075
SIZE_MULT=0.9
IS_LEFT=1
LSIZE=0.3
GROUP=1

Last edited:
So, what are the STW mods and the Castrol Supra like? :D

I dunno only peeked, let me ul them for ya.
They say never to judge a book by its cover. But when it comes to quality and workmanship, when even a simple circle looks like this:
b1a9.png

you're guaranteed to be utterly disappointed with all of it. Even the hexircle doesn't have AO :D
It proves my point again when I said, %99 of the time when you have someone that desperately needs that tingly feeling all over their body by saying "hey, private WIPS bro
hdca.png
, you cant havith, dont even ask. But looks nice don't it?" - it's nearly always guaranteed to be utter trash. And here is B.E. modding and the bitter author saying 'YOu aiNT getTnG noTHiNG noW aRE Ya bRO'

Let me know if you want all of 'um.

Speaking of, SimTraxx final tracks fit your fancy? :dunce::lol:

Last edited:
@Lernatix I sent you a PM conversation with the download link a week ago and just sent a reply asking if you got it. Did you download the Dragon track yet. Link will be removed in a couple days and not posted again. Reason for my original post was just to see if anyone that knew how to or might be able to smooth out this track just a little better to drive on. I dont have the talents to do that.

Yes I got it, yes I'm working on it. No I am not available 24/7 for modding. Relax.
I will upload what I have today before I fly back to work, asuming it's working as intended.

it's nearly always guaranteed to be utter trash. And here is BE modding and the jagged, bitter author saying 'YOu aiNT getTnG noTHiNG noW aRE Ya bRO'
So let me know if you want all of 'um.
Hmmm, I guess that explains why Gentle Mind Performance won't share their AB Flug Supra or R33 Skyline GTS.

I mean, BE modding said that they dont want to release WIP mods to the public yet. I dont see why we cant respect their decision, as its being released in the future for scrutiny anyways

@dathyr

Here's what I got so far. Mesh "seems" better but I have not fully tested with a wheel. Honestly, I hate the track. :/

This seems like it was made for rFactor1, (lego corners) it amazes me how that old engine could still make these tracks feel so good.

Renamed to "dragon_fantasy" to avoid conflicts.

I'm AFK for two weeks, I wish I could do more but I just don't have the time these days.

Issues I ran out of time for:
* Lots of single sided textures.
* Strange black screen in a couple of spots when in bonet cam. (I don't know if I somehow did this or if that was an issue with the original.)
* AI - I doubt the original lines will work on new mesh.
* Barriers above surface - probably caused by my smoothing the surface nearby.

@gutbomb, am I missing any of your tracks, brother?
View attachment 950230

Yeah, I did some tweaks to blackwood reloaded, nothing huge, and then I did a bit of an overhaul to Detroit Belle Isle (implemented NAGP's bumpier road mesh in the original, then made a grass/lighting config so nothing huge). I hadn't actually released it yet because there was that whole thing with hastily refurbished mods and it didn't feel right at the time, but then I forgot about it.

Here's the link for blackwood:

Here's the link for detroit:

I've got a couple WIP right now, a scratch-made small quarter mile oval in Colorado called I25 Speedway, a scratch-made fantasy track in Armenia called Mount Armaghan Raceway (a collaboration with my 15 year old), and I'm currently working on a conversion from GTL of the excellent Meadowdale which traces it's roots back to an old NASCAR Racing Season 2003 mod made by @dathyr himself.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did some tweaks to blackwood reloaded, nothing huge, and then I did a bit of an overhaul to Detroit Belle Isle (implemented NAGP's bumpier road mesh in the original, then made a grass/lighting config so nothing huge). I hadn't actually released it yet because there was that whole thing with hastily refurbished mods and it didn't feel right at the time, but then I forgot about it.

Here's the link for blackwood:

Here's the link for detroit:

I've got a couple WIP right now, a scratch-made small quarter mile oval in Colorado called I25 Speedway, a scratch-made fantasy track in Armenia called Mount Armaghan Raceway (a collaboration with my 15 year old), and I'm currently working on a conversion from GTL of the excellent Meadowdale which traces it's roots back to an old NASCAR Racing Season 2003 mod made by @dathyr himself.

Awesome, my man. Thanks for the links to ones I was missing. Can't wait to have a look at your WIPs when you're done. :)

Anyone know what search to use to find Guerilla mods in cm?
Tried rollovers / the rollovers / guerilla no luck. rollovers finds a couple but nothing new like the GT4 merc.
gue only turns up three cars, three old ones, nothing current.

thankie

i just go cars, categories, Guerilla

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back