Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Thanks - is your based on this ReWolf update?
Reason I ask is, these ReWolf cars all seem to be improvements on the cars they overwrite, adding LODs, wipers, shader updates etc etc... it's just that the Prelude had broken mirrors.

As soon as Rewolf released it, I started to improve it, I'll say again that I'm mainly into physics, but I also improve other more or less important things.There's still a lot to improve in it, but it's waiting in line....

View media item 66977
w_honda_prelude.rar - 43.0 MB

UPDATE !! New Version in the link,changed tyres to target tyres, improved engine speed limiter.

Last edited:
Is it possible to port PC1 cars to AC ? Cause these could be interesting additions :

867.jpg

896.jpg

Regarding all the requests we see here for fixing mirrors on mod cars, just what is needed to actually conduct the repair ?

I have several cars where the image in the mirror is "zoomed" - making it useless as a mirror. In that case I can easily assume the mirror.cfg in the data folder is set correctly, and it's something wrong with the model. When that's the case, just how do you "zoom out" the display ?

Regarding all the requests we see here for fixing mirrors on mod cars, just what is needed to actually conduct the repair ?

I have several cars where the image in the mirror is "zoomed" - making it useless as a mirror. In that case I can easily assume the mirror.cfg in the data folder is set correctly, and it's something wrong with the model. When that's the case, just how do you "zoom out" the display ?
Use BLM Car.

Any car from any game is possible if you have the model, many mods avaliable for AC use a pc1 model so it's been done before, you can check on gamemodels if those two are avaliable and download them from there then converting them is definitely possible

Yeah looks like the AM hasn't been ripped yet. Shame. Found some others, deffo gonna give it a try

Gilles' tracks are hit and miss, mostly miss... :D
But I kept more than a few, mostly because @slider666 has put a lot of work in it.
Thanks for this list - I'd been pondering buying a couple more of Gilles tracks, and this helped me choose which 10. I know his stuff gets a lot of stick either for its quality, or his methods, but some of these are the only versions of these tracks I've found, so here's my thoughts as well.

I like (and kept):
Chimay - Solid track and lots of kerb-hopping fun. Final corner is pretty randomly jagged at the apex though.
Mettet - Alright
Gedinne - Seemed ok, not really learned it in any detail
Autodromo Peñuelas - Lot of fun. Love this one
Meadowdale 1968 - Good fun, and cool layout with heavily banked corners. Has a gigantic jump on the first straight that makes even GT3 cars do a big wheelie. Not sure if thats accurate
Pudong - Big wide open street track, decent enough
Haute-Saintonge - Short with several tight corners, but interesting little club circuit
Maison Blanche - Fun little club circuit based on part of le mans. Doesn't look amazing, but the layout is great
Autódromo Internacional Miguel E. Abed - One of those south american oval road courses. A good one though and nice layout
Fundidora Park Raceway - Alright

Not so good (and binned):
Lydden Hill - Layout is ok and it looks okish, but lydden hill has loads of gradient and this is utterly flat
Toronto - Indycar layout and very angular road and walls, so far too bumpy even in something like a touring car, which is a real shame as this track is one of the best Indycar tracks. The part after where Jeff Krosnoff died is ridiculous. Undriveable in Indycars
Edmonton - Huge car park layout. Really dull and not a good mod either
Calgary - Track itself is ok but it looks just a bit too retro
Gnoo Blas - It would be tolerable if it didn't have one edge that went down this narrow and low-res bumpy as hell single track lane. If it was smoothed a bit it'd be ok. GPL era looks, bit like Boavista/Halle Salle
Kazincbarcika - Nasty little street track. Lots of graphics glitches, and generally poor
Autodromo de Rivera - Alrightish. Bit like an inferior looking Taruma style track. Has nasty (smoothed but) angular unnecessarily multi-apex corners

All of them look like rips of older games, so some are a lot better than others. Very few are the standard of some of the track updates done by the people in this thread. Its a shame he sells them as some of them would be so much better if handed over to you guys for an update. Bear in mind that my interest is more about the layout and driving experience, than every little graphical detail being 'just-so' - if a track looks pants I usually just switch sol to an hour before sunset (5pm ish), and it makes everything look a lot better.

Last edited:
As soon as Rewolf released it, I started to improve it, I'll say again that I'm mainly into physics, but I also improve other more or less important things.There's still a lot to improve in it, but it's waiting in line....

View media item 66977

UPDATE !! New Version in the link,changed tyres to target tyres, improved engine speed limiter.
Great job - many thanks! This car is finally getting the love the model deserves.
I boosted your FFB multi from 2.5 to 4.5 as I wasn't getting much feel to start with, but I'm in the process of setting up my FFB from scratch again on the new PC so that might be down to my current WIP settings.
If anyone has some good presets for the CSWv2.5 in AC then please let me try them - I'm currently trying to balance good weight, fine detail and sharp response while eliminating harsh jolts and rattles. It ain't easy.

Last edited:

View media item 66977

Just want to say thank you for bringing this car to my attention - I am loving this and it looks the part now it has a proper paint config too. Great fun to drive and just brings back memories of GT2.

Nice one :cheers:

Very cool RX-7 FD found on one of the Discords

View media item 66978
idp5th_rx7_fd_keisuke.rar - 58.2 MB
Another nice find - thanks! Attached is the missing shifting animation, just delete the .txt from the file name and drop it in the animations folder. The correct timing is already in the driver3d config.
I love these various RX-7 mods (I've currently got 26 of them - eek!) and also love how the modders do little tweaks to the cockpits. I struggle to tell a lot of them apart at times but they are such rewarding cars to drive I'm really reluctant to let any of them go.
I've got a similar issue with Skylines. Too many, but love them all.

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    235.9 KB · Views: 82
Are there any mods for FFB for AC? I have found the one in CM "ffb tweaks", and not entirely sure what it does, but, the problem I am trying to solve is that the cars stick, until they dont, then they suddenly let go.. there is no "margin" of keeping the car under control like with RF2, I am not sure I am able to explain myself properly, but in other games (rf2 being most controllable, and to a degree ams2 and then lesser so in ACC, but the least in AC), when you cook into a corner you can see and hear it starting to let go, and choose to back off the throttle/steering just a little to keep it in that "margin area" makes for far more engaging racing.

I am not a drifter, but presumably, since you can tweak AC to make a car drift, which I imagine is the closest thing I can reference to that margin between in control and out of control, perhaps its just a bad ffb setup? Or something I need to change in the car/tyres. I have tried moving to harder tyres, all it does is decrease the small margin already there to nothing, things spin out immediately?

TIA

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back