Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,742 comments
any link? I think I have that one but yeah, any link provided with the updated AI? I don't think mine has the updated AI

The new AI files were posted in this thread - they're probably about a thousand pages back. I found two files - one that I believe is from Jody Parks, and a 2nd I've attributed to "Hitman". Here they are, just change the extension to "rar" from "txt" and then unzip... Now I can't remember which one was better!

Attachments

• Spa 1966 AI V2.txt
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • Spa_1966_AI_1.8_by_Hitman.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Alright. As all people showed lots of interest in participating in the 'watch brand' challenge, this was canceled.

Thank you all for the huge sense of humor. :rolleyes:

As I said, the watch brand was on the 'drivers suite'!
0h9s.png

ljrg.png

Anyway, here are the pictures of my helmet and suite of GT Sport.
hx45.jpg

bwtg.jpg

Trume

Epson-Trume-TR-MB7002-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg

Epson-Trume-TR-MB8006-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg

A well know Japanese avant-garde watch brand. One of the best watchs in the world.

Cheers

Well-known ? First time I've heard of it, but then again am not that much into watches ahah

TED-EDiTS: Grobnik
I edited this track because the track itself is outstanding, but the terrain flickering was a big issue for me and I almost binned it because of it. Other people have mentioned the issue and I thought I'd share with you what I've fixed for myself.

Original Author: Bojan Pintar
Conversion to AC: Mitja Bonca
TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed and replaced bad flickering terrain ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX config file ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/01/2020)

Many thanks to @ales100i for his knowledge of the actual track. His testing and feedback were instrumental in me getting the look closer to IRL.

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5gniggg538mqvf3/grobnik_tedits_09012020.rar/file

View attachment 954549

I like it when I read "TED-EDiTS" xD.. thank you mate!

I edited this track because the track itself is outstanding, but the terrain flickering was a big issue for me and I almost binned it because of it. Other people have mentioned the issue and I thought I'd share with you what I've fixed for myself.

TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed and replaced bad flickering terrain ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX config file ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/01/2020)

Many thanks to @ales100i for his knowledge of the actual track. His testing and feedback were instrumental in me getting the look closer to IRL.

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5gniggg538mqvf3/grobnik_tedits_09012020.rar/file

View attachment 954549
Hi Teddie,
Is there not a way to fix the z-fighting on the mountains without flattening them completely? The detailed mountains are a big part of the environmental atmosphere for me and fundamental to the setting, so it's a shame that a big chunk of them have just been completely removed or replaced with a simple silhouette.

@Teddie looks great, thanks.

I can always lower the FFB in-game. it was 1.8 with zero fidelity in any cornering situation. ( I should have tried 85%)
@Opperslang can boost it back (1.5mby?) on his next release.

Hint: shift @ 6500-6600 (you are loosing power above that :) )

I did notice a very nasty high speed lift off oversteer... could be AWD settings, aero or damper/spring/rollbar.
My guess is a combo of the first 2

Or too much diff coast lock.

Hi Teddie,
Is there not a way to fix the z-fighting on the mountains without flattening them completely? The detailed mountains are a big part of the environmental atmosphere for me and fundamental to the setting, so it's a shame that a big chunk of them have just been completely removed or replaced with a simple silhouette.

There is a way. I actually planned to make a Google coordinate generated mesh of the land there using RTB at some point, but I read Mitja is planning on doing a laserscanned version at some point. Figured I'd just wait to see if he would fix the mountains. Maybe I'll do it anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, I'll do it for you bud. ;) I'll see what I can do. Could be a fun challenge and interesting workflow.

EDIT EDIT: I feel like a derp for not doing it this way anyway. I blame old age. :P Update to Grobnik coming soon Masscot.

@Masscot, update (to the update) is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1634#post-13220331

Last edited:
Alright. As all people showed lots of interest in participating in the 'watch brand' challenge, this was canceled.

Thank you all for the huge sense of humor. :rolleyes:

As I said, the watch brand was on the 'drivers suite'!
0h9s.png

ljrg.png

Anyway, here are the pictures of my helmet and suite of GT Sport.
hx45.jpg

bwtg.jpg

Trume

Epson-Trume-TR-MB7002-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg

Epson-Trume-TR-MB8006-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg

A well know Japanese avant-garde watch brand. One of the best watchs in the world.

Cheers

I got one just like it on Canal Street in Manhattan for $5!!!

SO: Decided to tackle this project. Biggest thing to overcome is the fact that google maps height data is hopelessly innacurate and the scan data 5m is hopeless too big, with the further issue of the scan is with trees, and as the arch over the road even worse. BUT. going to try anyway. I already own 3dcoat and never thought about using it to bash down the size of the scan data (false economy, because I will be trading heavy mesh for heavy voxel mesh, but, at least once its all in one place in 3dcoat I can trim away the bit I dont need, then decimate back to tri mesh), quick test last night says it will get the job done in about 8 hours on my dual xeon machine. (15 minutes per tile to import and voxelise). The machine has 128gb of ram so if i trim on a per tile basis as each tile imports i think i will have JUST enough ram to pull it off.

I will go out super early and ride the 14km section between waterfall entrance to stanwell tops a few times in both directions to get a LHS and RHS curve to the road. my home built gps/obd logger also logs g-force shifts. Started the work on writing a plugin for rhinoceros3d to take all that info and spit out two curves that can be used to sweep2 a track including bumps. Idea being if i then import the decimated mesh from 3dcoat to rhino I can match the earth to the track then take the whole lot as two layers into 3dcoat and smooth down the trees at the road verge to replace with modelled trees.

Now the question to @Teddie and maybe @p4cker0wns, is there a decent set of trees you guys have as a resource for this kind of project, as presumably i will be working completely outside of RTB they are needed as FBX or even obj/3ds etc for placement in 3dsimed.

-OR-

Is there a workflow to bring the whole mesh into RTB and place trees on the mesh inside RTB? (and then repeat request, x-packs of decent trees?)

@Lernatix did you look at the scan data resources, there is a TIFF resource that is an image instead of this huge mesh, and from what I can tell its "bare earth", but, I have no idea how to turn that back into a mesh or scale to correct sizes etc. Any software you can recommend for working with those geoTIFF files?

The whole thing about the nasho is those trees, and if not done right will loose all impact. (see vid of trees inoriginal post)

View attachment 954516

Don't forget to put in the inevitable hidden Police Highway Patrol car in somewhere near Stanwell Tops. ;)

EDIT: @Masscot mentioned the terrain looked flat in my prior update. He was right, so I decided to create a Google coordinate generated land mesh using RTB, so the mountain view now is how it actually looks from the track ;) - Thanks Masscot for giving me a little push. Updated screenshot at bottom of this post.

TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed bad flickering terrain ● Replaced terrain with RTB generated terrain mesh ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/02/2020)

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfg99qxv2slm06d/grobnik_tedits_09022020.rar/file

upload_2020-9-1_19-50-7.png

Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_1999_road_grobnik_1-8-120-19-57-12.jpg

Last edited:
Everybody knows the mythical French city curcuit named PAU.
The circuit even more narrow than Monaco. Fortunately we have 3 different years mods in AC.

Every years I don't miss the week where all French racing championships stop by and race there, with fantastic races.
Mostly the GT3 and GT4 races. But the Peugeot Cup and French Porsche Cup are great aswell.
Almost 100% races with Safety Car tho. However the fun and exciting races compensate the Safety cars.

Well then. As some of you knows, there is another amazing French city circuit called Angouleme.
https://www.circuitdesremparts.com/en/
angouleme-le-circuit.jpg

Circuit_des_remparts.jpg

roadrugcars_road_rug_cars_circuit_des_remparts_angouleme_bugatti_track.jpg

le-circuit-des-remparts.jpg

Even Jean Graton dedicated a story there for Michel Vaillant.
michelvaillant50.jpg

Nowadays, this little beautyfull city, every year receives several races on a week aswell.

The peculiarity is that only race vintage cars. this is not a criticism. Vintage racing cars are always welcome to watch.

But why all this boring post? You ask.
Thank you for thinking it's not boring!

I am almost 100% sure (99.9%) that there is no such track for AC, or any racing game.

My question is. Would be possible for a track modder, consider the hypothesis to create this wonderfull vintage city circuit?

It doens't hurt dreaming.

Cheers

Hi,
Update for the Toyota MR2 Tom's (aka the widow maker)

50286740117_7cb9fecfa2_b.jpg

New ui folder, graph power, aero.ini, ai.ini, analog-instruments.ini: fuel gauge is now working and turbo gauge setted, brakes.ini, car.ini, drivetrain.ini (here too, hard to find the good ratio for the gearbox) engine.ini, power.lut, tyres.ini (tyres were updated to V10 version).
the colors come from the toyota catalog of 1989 concerning the MR2.

RWD
L4 2253cm3
turbo
manual 5 speed
237hp
304Nm
1220 kg
224 km/h
4.9s 0-100
5.15 kg/hp

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lrwc6nnci7rsghz/toyota_mr2_toms.7z/file
Respect for the author
Have fun, Mike
Thanks, Mike! I noticed a couple things to fix.

The hand/steering wheel sync is off. Need to edit the driver3d.ini in data folder to: (lock was set at 540)
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

F6 cameras need update. Here's a quick fix.

Attachments

• cameras.txt
    910 bytes · Views: 21

EDIT: @Masscot mentioned the terrain looked flat in my prior update. He was right, so I decided to create a Google coordinate generated land mesh using RTB, so the mountain view now is how it actually looks from the track ;) - Thanks Masscot for giving me a little push. Updated screenshot at bottom of this post.

TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed bad flickering terrain ● Replaced terrain with RTB generated terrain mesh ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/02/2020)

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfg99qxv2slm06d/grobnik_tedits_09022020.rar/file

View attachment 954571
View attachment 954574

Thank you my man! I love this track and was forced to play during less sunny conditions to avoid the flickering earlier. Cheers.

It is available in the AC Legends Mod pack. I do not know if it is a Gt sport rip or no.
That is the same model as Assetto Drives sadly. It's just ripped from Project Cars 2, and I'm pretty sure that model used a kitcar/reproduction as a reference. It's completely off sadly :( Wrong mirrors, wrong interior, very low res textures, no working windshield wipers, ect.

That is the same model as Assetto Drives sadly. It's just ripped from Project Cars 2, and I'm pretty sure that model used a kitcar/reproduction as a reference. It's completely off sadly :( Wrong mirrors, wrong interior, very low res textures, no working windshield wipers, ect.
Yea many cars from the ACL and TCL pack seem like fillers at best hahah

Yea many cars from the ACL and TCL pack seem like fillers at best hahah
Yeah, and that's the weird thing about Assetto Drive. The model that he is charging money for is exactly the same as the ACL one. Only thing that seems different is the interior has better reflection maps and different tires. Works great for just going for a drive and having a decently authentic driving experience, but a car as legendary as that deserves to be modeled correctly. Hope we get an updated version of this car in the not too distant future.
https://emojipedia.org/crossed-fingers/
https://www.thehenryford.org/collec...-collections/artifact/159020/#slide=gs-214511

How can someone fvck up a model from PC2 when many models 10+ yrs old from GTR2/rF look great? lol, lmao
:(

Update on Zolder67 TED-EDiTS:

I was telling you guys a while back that my kids do some of my trackside models for me. So tonight I needed something pretty quick. My sons (two of them know Blender), I asked the younger 16-year old to take some work off my plate. On Zolder67, there are horrible looking 2d 'X' texture poles with bullhorns. I want to replace them with 3d versions. He did this for me while I smoked a cigarette outside on the deck. I didn't realize how fast he was.

original 2d bullhorn/pole texture.
altop.jpg
Capture4.JPG

My son's work
Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

After I pull into to 3DSimEd prior to setting materials.
Capture3.JPG

So the Zolder update will have a bunch of fixes and also some 3d bullhorn poles, lol.

Last edited:
Everybody knows the mythical French city curcuit named PAU.
The circuit even more narrow than Monaco. Fortunately we have 3 different years mods in AC.

Every years I don't miss the week where all French racing championships stop by and race there, with fantastic races.
Mostly the GT3 and GT4 races. But the Peugeot Cup and French Porsche Cup are great aswell.
Almost 100% races with Safety Car tho. However the fun and exciting races compensate the Safety cars.

Well then. As some of you knows, there is another amazing French city circuit called Angouleme.
https://www.circuitdesremparts.com/en/
angouleme-le-circuit.jpg

Circuit_des_remparts.jpg

roadrugcars_road_rug_cars_circuit_des_remparts_angouleme_bugatti_track.jpg

le-circuit-des-remparts.jpg

Even Jean Graton dedicated a story there for Michel Vaillant.
michelvaillant50.jpg

Nowadays, this little beautyfull city, every year receives several races on a week aswell.

The peculiarity is that only race vintage cars. this is not a criticism. Vintage racing cars are always welcome to watch.

But why all this boring post? You ask.
Thank you for thinking it's not boring!

I am almost 100% sure (99.9%) that there is no such track for AC, or any racing game.

My question is. Would be possible for a track modder, consider the hypothesis to create this wonderfull vintage city circuit?

It doens't hurt dreaming.

Cheers

I agree, Angoulême is a fantastic track, and indeed it has never been created in a game, not even in Grand Prix Legends.
Let's hope some talented track modeler will take the challenge :)

Don't forget to put in the inevitable hidden Police Highway Patrol car in somewhere near Stanwell Tops. ;)
Don't joke, 8 points for me in the nasho so far.. usually myself and a few likely lads try get i there 5.30AM(ish) and hammer it before the sunday drivers, mammils and popo get in. Usually will bump into a few drifters with the same plan, setting up their gopros on the ground and setting up for some "sik ****ing drifts, cuz we are mad c*nts.."

Don't joke, 8 points for me in the nasho so far.. usually myself and a few likely lads try get i there 5.30AM(ish) and hammer it before the sunday drivers, mammils and popo get in. Usually will bump into a few trifters with the same plan, setting up their gopros on the ground and setting up for some "sik ****ing drifts, cuz we are mad c*nts.."

I sure have a laugh when you say 'Nasho'. I know exactly what you're referring to and have driven the road countless times, but some of the others on the thread surely must wonder what planet a 'Nasho' comes from, or what type of strange fruit you're talking about.

For anyone interested to find out...

This would be a great addition to AC... and may even help a few drivers keep the points on their licence too. :dopey:

View attachment 954571
View attachment 954574
Thank you a lot. The one of fixes I've been waiting the most.

Last edited:
I sure have a laugh when you say 'Nasho'. I know exactly what you're referring to and have driven the road countless times, but some of the others on the thread surely must wonder what planet a 'Nasho' comes from, or what type of strange fruit you're talking about.

For anyone interested to find out...

This would be a great addition to AC... and may even help a few drivers keep the points on their licence too. :dopey:

I am struggling to just get teh 14km from Waterfall entrance to bald hill. I doubt AC will handle the full shebang all the way to the end. I think the 14km I am attempting is the most "fun" bit as it were. some really old video on my 09.

You guys have made a great car !!!

View media item 67570
-Remove antenna
-Remove co-driver
-Changed sound on one where you can hear a mechanical compressor
-Added Orange Skin
-Updated Shaders

All credits go to the original creators Rallyworld and Assettoland (for removing the lighhtbar) RMi_wood,Opperslang and me

rw_jaguarxe_project8.rar - 46.5 MB

I dont know how it happened, I must have edited another cars tires... but the tires for this car are wrong.

New Version 1.04:

RMi v1.04
- fixed the tires to spec ; edited the wrong tires before! (were 330 f/r , now 265/305 f/r)
- aero now has wings/diffuser (lots of tweaks)
- mass / inertia adjusted
- ffb back to 1.5 ; for @Teddie
- steering lock set to 360 ; match driver3d ini and feels right
- CSP/ParticlesFX pulsed quad exhaust

RMi v1.01
- fixed the clutch
- new power.lut with real dyno
- adjusted tire width and diameter for P8 size
- lowered the FFB to 1.0

Latest release:
rw_jaguarxe_project8_-_v1.04.7z
Size: 40.1 MB

Last edited:
I woke up this morning dreaming of the GTI Club game, does anyone remember?
so much fun, I miss that Renault 5 Alpine in AC, the battle between small cars xD

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back