Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Who cares about tracks? I can finally convert cars like the F430 Challenge, NSX GT500, 101 CR-X, Under Suzuki's S15 and many more!!! :D

Imagine driving those cars on the Havana track :D
toy-story-ovunque.jpg

hello, thx for the tip, but even with the forza.dds file, it somehow still be abnormal reflective in some track.

Good feedback - initially thought it was the tire-blur as seen here...
961LM__default_tire_blur.jpg

Took another look at the tire that comes by default, exported it and made a flat dark-shade tire-file. Try it on one skin and see if it helps. If so, then just apply it across skins folders.
961LM__default_tire_texture.jpg

Rename file to 'tire_forza.dds'

Attachments

• tire_forza_dds.txt
    256.1 KB · Views: 26
It was here or wasn't here because I didn't have it before.I throw it here

I think it is an old model that was created by the collaboration of Gentle Mind Peformance and Modder Esprit.

View media item 67586
gmp_honda_nsxr_na2_s1.rar - 70.7 MB
Thanks for this, I love me some NSXes.
Nice car but good lord, that steering wheel is even bigger than the one on aphidgod's Impreza.
And if someone could please de-tint the windscreen I'd be eternally grateful.
:)

TED-EDiTS: Grobnik
I edited this track because the track itself is outstanding, but the terrain flickering was a big issue for me and I almost binned it because of it. Other people have mentioned the issue and I thought I'd share with you what I've fixed for myself.

EDIT: @Masscot mentioned the terrain looked flat in my prior update. He was right, so I decided to create a Google coordinate generated land mesh using RTB, so the mountain view now is how it actually looks from the track ;) - Thanks Masscot for giving me a little push. Updated screenshot at bottom of this post.

Original Author: Bojan Pintar
Conversion to AC: Mitja Bonca
TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed bad flickering terrain ● Replaced terrain with RTB generated terrain mesh ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/02/2020)

Many thanks to @ales100i for his knowledge of the actual track. His testing and feedback were instrumental in me getting the look closer to IRL.

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfg99qxv2slm06d/grobnik_tedits_09022020.rar/file

View attachment 954571
View attachment 954574
Orders of magnitude better, thanks mate - much appreciated.
:gtpflag:

Some Jaguar Project8 owner has dropped off his new ride at Tom Walkinshaw Racing for some upgrades by in-house tuner, RMi

Dyno testing is complete, 750hp and a monstrous 870nm of asphalt ripping beast... this cat is rowdy!
She is still on the lift getting a new clutch, 3-way adjustable spring settings, adjustable roll bars front/rear and an adjustable rear wing.

Should be ready to pick up from the service bay in a hour or two. (go get your track-day passes)

Last edited:
@Teddie

Any chance of sharing xpacks? I totally understand if you want to keep yours and juniors work private however.

Absolutely. I've mentioned it in the old F1 Classics forum that my goal is to share whatever assets I create (and now whatever my sons create) to help the community keep putting out good lovin' for AC. I'll have something put out there at some point. Thanks for your interest, my friend.

Orders of magnitude better, thanks mate - much appreciated.
:gtpflag:

:) So glad you like it! It really didn't take long to do it that way. Feel so silly that I didn't do it that way in the first place because it actually took less time than the way I did it in the first update. lol.

True, but if Lando's Dad wasn't worth 300 million, best friends with Zac Brown (McLaren boss), he'd only be doing sim racing....and look at where he is in F1....a kid that in the Merc could be wining races..

Point is it may just be a game but its as close as many will get without silly rich parents or being a GT3 gentleman driver...

If you get your kid driving karts from 7, have 300 million in the bank and friends in the right places they too could have an F1 podium finish....

Imagine if Lando wasn't so 'lucky' and he was just sim racing on 3k kit, telling people he could drive an F1 car if he had the cash...he'd get laughed at...

Or if his last name was Calrissian instead of Norris....

When I import any GRID 2019 model in 3DSimEd, they don't happen to come with their steering wheel strangely, either because the author hasn't fully scripted the 3dsmIM file for that game or they are a separate file somewhere else.
upload_2020-9-2_16-0-47.png

TED-EDiTS: Grobnik
I edited this track because the track itself is outstanding, but the terrain flickering was a big issue for me and I almost binned it because of it. Other people have mentioned the issue and I thought I'd share with you what I've fixed for myself.

EDIT: @Masscot mentioned the terrain looked flat in my prior update. He was right, so I decided to create a Google coordinate generated land mesh using RTB, so the mountain view now is how it actually looks from the track ;) - Thanks Masscot for giving me a little push. Updated screenshot at bottom of this post.

Original Author: Bojan Pintar
Conversion to AC: Mitja Bonca
TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Removed bad flickering terrain ● Replaced terrain with RTB generated terrain mesh ● Removed floating trees ● Added GrassFX ● Added VAO patch ● (Update Date: 09/02/2020)

Many thanks to @ales100i for his knowledge of the actual track. His testing and feedback were instrumental in me getting the look closer to IRL.

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfg99qxv2slm06d/grobnik_tedits_09022020.rar/file

View attachment 954571
View attachment 954574

Well worth the wait - Nice update Teddie

Jaguar SE Project8 - Stage1 Trackday

RMi v1.06
- S1 added
SVO upgrade by TWR:
- smaller supercharger pully (mo' pow'a baby!)
- exhaust catalyst delete
- heavy duty clutch plates (also reduces shift time by a few ms)

- 3-way adjustable coil-over springs (stiffer)
- adjustable rollbars f/r (firmer)
- adjustable rear wing (up/down)
- adjustable ride height (lowering)

Increase power output to deliver the original crankshaft power to the rear wheels:
BHP: 750 = RW-hp: 600 HP
BTQ: 870 = RW-tq: 700 NM

note: Suspension is stock, until YOU tune it on the track!

Install: copy folder to .\content\cars
Parent: Jaguar SE Project8

rw_jaguarxe_project8_s1_-_RMi_v1.0.7z
Size: 30.7 MB

Last edited:
Call for modders that wanna get paid.. this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Assetto.Corsa.Australia

has a bunch of guys crying for RNP in Sydney, as touge. I took a crack at it with RTB, but, man, its a huge piece of road to try model, and the google data from RTB is hopeless (i think the "ground" from google is to the top of the trees, not the road, so hard to get it right).

I gave up when my machine said NOPE trying to parse the GIS "25m" data where you CAN see the road between the tree's at least giving you a headstart, assuming your machine can take the punch. the "25m" source, once in CAD, actually measure ~1m between dots... much denser then 25 for sure.. may just be mislabbelled, this is jsut ONE tile of the GIS data, about 80m of the road.. and it was making my machine crawl, total road is about 40 tiles..

MAP: (red is the request, blue is the bit i rode in the clip below)
https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.134366,150.9729479,12z
View attachment 950888

I just came back from there on the bike, ill drop a clip of the foliage into this post once its up, its damn dense in terms of these kinds of tracks, and coupled with the length of the road, may prove to be too heavy for Assetto?

If you already on the group search for "nasho" or RNP, im sure the boys will throw money into a patreon or something to get it done, I will for sure as well, the road is damn near undriveable nowadays, a cop behind every bush and 3 trillion cyclists.. they dropped the speed limit to 60km.. sad business. Otherwise let me know here and I can carry a message for the boys.

Video of the last 25% or so, from stanwell tops to the bottom at teh junction of waterfall road:

I'm currently working on a plugin for RTB to import lidar data directly. I'm still bug fixing, but it works pretty well so far. For now it only works for UK data because I have all the info necessary for converting lat longs to UK grid references. I don't know how data for Australia might work, but if anyone knows, I could help out. The plan is to make a 50cm resolution version of the Isle of Man TT circuit using it

Ah, that post. Makes Lando looks like an inept driver who only got there cause his dad is rich (though not that much when it comes to F1 standards), has connections and his best pals with Brown. Not that he's talented, no. Doesn't count.

No no no.....the point is that very talented kid (i really like Lando and follow his twitch) were his Dad not extremely rich and mates with Zak, be sat at home playing sims only....

Says far far more about F1 than Lando...... how many Lando's are sat at home but don't have the wealth to get there?
Hundreds of thousands....
There are thousands that we know who are good enough but run out of money.....LOADS of them...

If only talent got you in an F1 car it would be great...but F1 and motorsport would collapse...

The Hamilton myth doesn't help, that he was born into a ghetto and lived off crumbs....utter rubbish...

But believe what you want.

@safi hellie there's an Opel Kadette Blitz that appeared on Assettoland a couple of days ago that might fit in with your current cars of choice.
RHD too, which is always nice.

Yep it is actually converted from the oval hot rods, she put glass in it amongst other things.

Both hers and the hot rod version are on assettoland now.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back