Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
I've been this August searching mods on these 1640 pages... so it's time to create a profile. Hi everyone!!
First of all, a lot of people on this forum does an amazing job doing incredible mods, so thanks a lot!

I wish I would have just found this thread. Wouldn't have a dull moment for a month. :)

Hi guys, any of you running preview32 and experienced red smoke coming from the cars instead of the normal one? I also have written on Ilja´s patreon but I doubt I get an answer there. I guess I need to disable new smoke as a workaround do I?

Hi guys, any of you running preview32 and experienced red smoke coming from the cars instead of the normal one? I also have written on Ilja´s patreon but I doubt I get an answer there. I guess I need to disable new smoke as a workaround do I?

I got that too mentioned it myself on the patreon page too, I'm sure he is aware if a few like us has mentioned. Plently working on with the big changes these latest previews are implementing.

Circuito dos Cristais - Curvelo

Track Updated since, newer version here.

Video:

No idea who made it, and beware I copied the exact directory so this will overwrite your existing one, buyer beware.

Fixed trees to some extent, deleted all the single plane trees and hammered the ground with scatter gun in Blender with the 6 face trees, editted to make them double sided to a better racer can make a reverse version of the map.. then deleted extras, so , no, not like the trees IRL. but, can be improved especially I need figure out how to assign different tree images to them (4 tree images per dds?), also iMO they are too dark..see the DDS files preview,
10 types of trees, 3 types of bush, but, I have no idea how to "map" to anything execpt the first one if that makes sense, maybe someone smarter can config it. DDS attached to post.
upload_2020-9-4_7-31-43.png

GrassFX and RainFX added.
Deleted a HEAP of grass and tree planes, track size has gone down so the 6 face trees should not be impacting performance,

will tide us over till vheeth gets to it. If anyone wants the FBX/Textures to continue this, please shout out, my google drive is full so didnt upload the working fikes only the finished track.

And the DDS textures attached to this post below.

Attachments

• Texture.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
This is it, the v1.1 release of the stock Jaguar XE SV Project 8 !

Massive thanks to Rallyworld, Assettoland, RMi_wood, JakubP, Adriaan and MrBoo. Without them I wouldn't have come this far! <3 This community is awesome

I'm releasing this as a v1.1 as I feel I need to improve a lot of skills before it can be a proper v2. This is my first mod release ever so let me know what you think and if you find any bugs (that aren't at the bottom of this post yet)! Also sorry for the confusing releases here and there by different people. I feel like there could have been some better communication between everyone so people would only have to download the actual release. But hey, there is a first for everything and lessons have been learned!

Have fun!
Link: https://sharemods.com/uwi9fkg3tf70/Jaguar_XE_SV_Project_8_v1.1.7z.html

Some release pics, spot the updates ;)
Or just scroll down to read the changelog I'm not the boss of you.
View attachment 954867
View attachment 954868
View attachment 954869
View attachment 954870
View attachment 954871
View attachment 954872

Changelog (bit long)
- fixed the clutch
- new power.lut with real dyno
- adjusted tire width and diameter for P8 size
- lowered the FFB to 1.0
- fixed the tires to spec ; edited the wrong tires before lol
- aero now has wings/diffuser
- mass / inertia adjusted
- ffb back to 1.5
- steering lock set to 360 ; match driver ini
- ParticlesFX exhaust
- S1 version added
- Revised interior and exterior shaders
- Alcantara now looks a lot better but I've added black leather textures in the _details folder if you want black leather. Just drag and drop
- Antenna removed
- Co driver removed
- Plates added
- New rims
- Made rims paintable in paint shop. Atm you lose the Jaguar logo so best to use files from _details folder for changing rim colour.
- Exhaust now have their own chrome texture
- Dashboard lights and textures edited so there is some more detail and you don't get blinded by the light
- Needles now light up as well in a blue colour. Based on the trackmode needles in the real car
- Added digital speedometer
- Resized and recoloured and moved digital current gear on dash
- Revised midconsole buttons so only the icon glows and not the icon and a square around it
- Found the weird texture behind selected gear and removed it
- Added new glas material via ext_config
- Added lights for the rear numberplate via ext_config
- New textures for the Jaguar logo on the front and the logo on the wing. 2048x2048 instead of 512x512
- Finally got some decent shaders for the wheels via ext_config, these only work in game and not in custom showroom
- Selected gear and speedometer now hover a lot less infront of the dash but still a tiny bit because of the angle difference
- Added Kunos style previews
- Harry's garage style livery added

To-do / bugs
- No dirty textures for now
- Damages textures aren't that amazing
- Front seats have no texture on the backside
- Backseat is non existent
- No logo on painted rim via paint shop
- Add navigation
- Need to improve ao for tailgate logo's
- All new dashboard textures in a higher resolution would be nice

Still reading? What are you waiting for, go race!

WHAT A MONSTER!

Screenshot_rw_jaguarxe_project8_s1_ks_red_bull_ring_3-8-120-21-36-37.jpg

Bathurst (Mount Panorama) Version 1.1 Update by the Reboot Team

logo.png

• Moved Timing Line to under the gantry (you will probably want to delete all your old ghost cars etc to avoid any strange results)
  • Adjusted track and kerb grip levels
  • Added subtle Audio Sources & Reverbs
  • Completely reworked AI
  • Added 36 pit boxes
  • Graphical/Shader tweaks
  • Fixed Holes in the physical mesh
  • Various other tweaks and fixes

Enjoy and share wherever you like, BUT PLEASE use the provided link below, so any updates and fixes can be kept in one central source (Link in original Post will be updated to the same as below)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0fjrwil59d8ig7/rt_bathurst.rar/file

stFlow Shader is still recommended for this track, but track will now load for vanilla users without any issues. Available here - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/

20200828135848_1-jpg.953106
20200828140000_1-jpg.953107
20200828140013_1-jpg.953108
20200828140027_1-jpg.953109
20200828140045_1-jpg.953110
20200828140132_1-jpg.953111
20200828140252_1-jpg.953112
20200828140400_1-jpg.953113
20200828140411_1-jpg.953114
20200828140435_1-jpg.953115
20200828140457_1-jpg.953116
20200828140519_1-jpg.953117
20200828140603_1-jpg.953118
20200828140630_1-jpg.953119
20200828140658_1-jpg.953120

Jaguar XJ220S V1.0 Ported from Project Cars 2

Took a bit to do since it was an PC2 model and i didn't know the structure of it.
Things to do in the future updates:
-Fix the collision i wasn't able to do it here since my Swift Tool in 3DS MAX didn't work for some
odd reason tried clicking on the box to set the swift tool line but it never attached itself
on the box tried clicking a million times but nothing. If someone could help me out with this that would be nice.
-Physics for now they are from the Huracan GT3 Kunos race car the tires from the AD XJ220.felt stale and not as grippy as how i would imagined the XJ220S to be.
Note the physics are changed a bit to make it feel more like an road car.
-I feel like the turbo gauge is a bit wonky.
-Maybe do the AO for stuff like rims but i'm not sure if it will overwrite the original textures.
-Make the Rims colorable if possible because the real cars had rim colors that were same as the main body.
And make the stickers which are now 3D into an 2D texture if you're a skinner and want to do this please notify me.

-Did some experimentation with Lods so the mod doesn't burn down you'r PC the LODS are not generated
but created in 3DS MAX via ProOptimizer. Keep in mind that they might not be perfect. Used the lod values from Kunoses Aventador SV
Enjoy it as always feel free to send me Feedback/Criticism

-Update some improvements to the interior shaders they won't react to the sun as much before
-Fixed the LODS only being in a white texture with broken
textures

__custom_showroom_1599168071.jpg

Last edited:

No idea who made it, and beware I copied the exact directory so this will overwrite your existing one, buyer beware.

Fixed trees to some extent, deleted all the single plane trees and hammered the ground with scatter gun in Blender with the 6 face trees, editted to make them double sided to a better racer can make a reverse version of the map.. then deleted extras, so , no, not like the trees IRL. but, can be improved especially I need figure out how to assign different tree images to them (4 tree images per dds?), also iMO they are too dark..see the DDS files preview,
10 types of trees, 3 types of bush, but, I have no idea how to "map" to anything execpt the first one if that makes sense, maybe someone smarter can config it. DDS attached to post.
View attachment 955026

Deleted a HEAP of grass and tree planes, track size has gone down so the 6 face trees should not be impacting performance,

will tide us over till vheeth gets to it. If anyone wants the FBX/Textures to continue this, please shout out, my google drive is full so didnt upload.

Awesome, man. Does the google drive have the whole track with your fixes? or what's the textures.zip for here?

Jaguar XJ220S V1.0

Took a bit to do since it was an PC2 model and i didn't know the structure of it.
-Fix the collision i wasn't able to do it here since my Swift Tool in 3DS MAX didn't work for some
odd reason tried clicking on the box to set the swift tool line but it never attached itself
on the box tried clicking a million times but nothing. If someone could help me out with this that would be nice.
-Physics for now they are from the Huracan GT3 Kunos race car the tires from the AD XJ220. Note the physics are changed a bit to make it feel more like an road car.
felt stale and not as grippy as how i would imagined the XJ220S to be.
-Maybe do the AO for stuff like rims but i'm not sure if it will overwrite the original textures.
-Make the Rims colorable if possible because the real cars had rim colors that were same as the main body.
And make the stickers which are now 3D into an 2D texture if you're a skinner and want to do this please notify me.

-Did some experimentation with Lods so the mod doesn't burn down you'r PC the LODS are not generated
but created in 3DS MAX via ProOptimizer. Keep in mind that they might not be perfect. Used the lod values from Kunoses Aventador SV
View attachment 955029

you should make the sound like this. Good turbo sounds too.:)

Jaguar XJ220S

-Physics for now they are from the Huracan GT3 Kunos race car the tires from the AD XJ220
felt stale and not as grippy as how i would imagined the XJ220S to be.

View attachment 955029

First and foremost, thank you for the mod, looks like a promising one.

Regarding the possible future improvements:
- Not sure if it is a showroom only issue, but the glass covered areas are showing some artifacts:
__custom_showroom_1599169779.png

- Driver's seat looks low poly and lacking detail compared to the passenger seat (I am not sure if they come with an asymmetric design)
__custom_showroom_1599169797.png

- Engine bay lacks detail in general
__custom_showroom_1599169813.png

Different topic: Working on some 8K skins for the upcoming LTK mod, early WIP with the empty shell:
2xdxWaP.png

Last edited:
First and foremost, thank you for the mod looks like a promising one.

Regarding the possible future improvements:
- Not sure if it is a showroom only issue but the glass covered areas are showing some artifacts:
View attachment 955035
- Driver's seat looks low poly and lacking detail compared to the passenger seat (I am not sure if they come with an asymmetric design)
View attachment 955036
- Engine bay lacks detail in general
View attachment 955038
1.The artifacts came out sadly like that from the PC2 model tried to Turbosmooth it in 3DS MAX but it would increase the polygon amount for the car if i completed it like that it would burn down everyone's PC the rtx 2080 would be barley able to handle it.:lol:
2.Again this is how the PC2 model came out in the future i might try to copy the seat and paste it hoping that 3DS MAX when coping doesn't reduce the poly's too much.
3. I don't think this is too necessary i can copy the engine from the AD XJ220 but there will be people who will fork me in the back saying that the engine details are unnecessary ill see.

Awesome, man. Does the google drive have the whole track with your fixes? or what's the textures.zip for here?
Google is the whole track, and extension, BEWARE I kept same name and folder etc so it will overwrite the one you already have, the attached zip was just those textures, I know its possible in CSP to swap out some, but, I don 't know how.
Hoping someone else can handle it ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 955026

will tide us over till vheeth gets to it. If anyone wants the FBX/Textures to continue this, please shout out, my google drive is full so didnt upload.

Sorry guys, heaps of messages about the share being restricted, fixed now in the original post.

Jaguar XJ220S V1.0 Ported from Project Cars 2

-Physics for now they are from the Huracan GT3 Kunos race car the tires from the AD XJ220.felt stale and not as grippy as how i would imagined the XJ220S to be.
Note the physics are changed a bit to make it feel more like an road car.

View attachment 955029

Nice one, mate! Like where it's going.
Small things: for the next update, don't forget to name the folder without capital letters.
Thank you for your work!

Last edited:
Bathurst (Mount Panorama) Version 1.1 Update by the Reboot Team

View attachment 955022
  • Moved Timing Line to under the gantry (you will probably want to delete all your old ghost cars etc to avoid any strange results)
  • Adjusted track and kerb grip levels
  • Added subtle Audio Sources & Reverbs
  • Completely reworked AI
  • Added 36 pit boxes
  • Graphical/Shader tweaks
  • Fixed Holes in the physical mesh
  • Various other tweaks and fixes

Enjoy and share wherever you like, BUT PLEASE use the provided link below, so any updates and fixes can be kept in one central source (Link in original Post will be updated to the same as below)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0fjrwil59d8ig7/rt_bathurst.rar/file

stFlow Shader is still recommended for this track, but track will now load for vanilla users without any issues. Available here - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/

This time I will try to not sound like a prick... LMAO Thanks for the update, looks much better, walls look perfect 👍👍👍👍👍

But if there's another update planned, the grass textures should really get some treatment.
GT Sport quality road (looks great by the way) next to something extremely low resolution areas:
Screenshot_urd_t5_aura_2018_rt_bathurst_3-8-120-22-44-11.png

and these still happening:
Screenshot_urd_t5_aura_2018_rt_bathurst_3-8-120-22-50-49.png

Potential to be a great conversion, looks awesome in ACC, can look just as good in ol' AC

Seeing all races last weekend at Road America - TCR/TC/TCA, GT4, GT3 - I decided to recreate the grid of the first GT4 race.

kxtf.png

Just because.

Don't forget to remove the '.txt'

Attachments

• GT4 ROAD AMERICA 2020.cmpreset.txt
    2 KB · Views: 36
Guys, I had a pain in the as$ issue tonight with kseditor crashing on importing an particular .fbx file. This problem was killing me on one of my original tracks I'm working on. I stumbled upon a fix that I didn't think would actually fix it, but it did. Something to do with kseditor having a 2gb limit. If you're having an issue with .fbx crashing your proggie, check these out:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/388980/discussions/0/1692659769943185447/
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

Thank god I stumbled upon this. I was about to give up.

Guys, I had a pain in the as$ issue tonight with kseditor crashing on importing an particular .fbx file. This problem was killing me on one of my original tracks I'm working on. I stumbled upon a fix that I didn't think would actually fix it, but it did. Something to do with kseditor having a 2gb limit. If you're having an issue with .fbx crashing your proggie, check these out:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/388980/discussions/0/1692659769943185447/
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

Thank god I stumbled upon this. I was about to give up.
I have the custom kseditor V6. You have that one? Auto persistence etc.

Hey Guys, Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to auto load car setups? or change the default setups? want to change the gear ratios and tyres on the v8 scorsa cars without having to load setup files every time. Cheers

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back