Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,804 comments
For anyone interested, this is the result of both exports from the AU ELVIS data source for Eastern Creek. lidar LAS Sorted through CloudCompare then decimated in MeshMixer with "preserve edge". Used BlenderGIS for the DEM, and already saved out as FBX in my vain attempts to get it into RTB..

The LIDAR(1M) and the DEM (Bare Earth 1M) both in the download.

DOWNLOAD:

(If you want this grab now, I have very little space on my GDrive, will delete eventually)

LIDAR: (useful for tree buidling position?)
upload_2020-9-6_11-43-49.png

DEM: Useful to actually model on, assuming i can ever figure out how to get it into RTB..
upload_2020-9-6_11-45-31.png

I'm fairly sure I've got all of the Group C mods for AC... anyone want to double check me? I heard there's a '92 Nissan out there.

We're always open for constructive feedback and trying to improve our work, but framing hundredths of hours of work as 'fillers' I would consider rude to say at least....

I apologize for my bluntness. I did not intend to undermine your work. I actually drive the cars in the tcl/acl pack regularly but some cars seem under-loved than the others in terms of visuals and driving pleasure. That's all I meant. Maybe using the word filler was wrong. Sorry again.

And thank you for all your work man. Cheers.

Thanks, mate! But instructions are way too messy... why do I have to download the dallara, if then I have to rename the RSS car with that name? This will cause both folders to mesh.
Also, step 5 is even harder to understand.
Seen as this is a forum and not RD, wouldn't it be easier if you uploaded the final link here?
The dallara has more power to match the real SF19 version, and I think a different engine sound for the 2.0 turbo. So its not exactly the RSS 3, but it uses the model

Decrypt link is usually an error on the mega.nz side when opening a link directly from third party apps like YouTube, Discord, Facebook,... If you copy the link text and paste it into your browser of choice, the link works as it should. In 95% of time, rarely the links are actually encrypted. This one was not.

So for future reference always try the method described first if you get this error.
I did not know it. I thought that this was specially encrypted, but I didn't understand why :)
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

Hello, everyone!
I posted this issue on CSP Discord but it was ignored (probably because nobody could help, I think). So, my next try is here.

I am having an issue in VR and I'll try to explain as detailed as possible. It started about 2 weeks ago, after a lot of mods and SOL (alpha) installations. I reverted SOL to the older version and tried to downgrade CSP, too, without success.

System Specs:
CM version: 0.8.2123.36398 (x86)
CSP version: 0.1.61
SOL: 1.5.4 + 1.6
VR headset: Lenovo Explorer

What happens?
After 2 or 3 races/practices in VR, the next time that I try to start a race/practice it doesn't trigger the headset, goes back to CM and shows a "Race cancelled" screen. Then, I have to setup a race/practice in "2D mode", let the game start (just start, not even have to click on the ingame race button) and exit. Then I can setup the VR again and race normally. All that without having to close Windows Virtual Reality or Steam VR. So, it doesn't seems to be something related with VR, but with the game itself.

In short:
2 or 3 races start normally in VR, the next one fails, have to start it in 2D mode, exit the 2D race and I can start the next 2 or 3 races in VR, untill it happens again.

Any help or advise will be very welcome.

Thank you. :)

[EDIT]: typo (there are other typos and grammatical errors, I'm sure, but I'm not aware of them yet :D)

[EDIT2:] It was caused by a Windows 10 update (Version 10.0.19041 Compilation 19041). Reverting to the previous version, solved. I'll try to do a clean Windows 10 install and to update it again to confirm, though.
Sorry, guys to reply my own post, but I thought that it would be important to draw some attention, in case somebody else got to this point.

At first, formatting the computer worked, but after a few days it came back and nothing that I did made it work back.
Well, after many tests, I can confirm that the culprit was the option "Use Desktop game Theatre while Steam VR is activated", it must be unchecked for Assetto Corsa (at least in my system).
I lost so many days, configurations and custom setups in this process, just because a simple flag. But now I am happy again. Now, iI also don't have the rain sound (like others complained here and at Discord), which I had before losing my game installation while forcing it to reinstall, but that's acceptable.

unknown.png

Cheers! :cheers:

Sorry, guys to reply my own post, but I thought that it would be important to draw some attention, in case somebody else got to this point.

At first, formatting the computer worked, but after a few days it came back and nothing that I did made it work back.
Well, after many tests, I can confirm that the culprit was the option "Use Desktop game Theatre while Steam VR is activated", it must be unchecked for Assetto Corsa (at least in my system).
I lost so many days, configurations and custom setups in this process, just because a simple flag. But now I am happy again. Now, iI also don't have the rain sound (like others complained here and at Discord), which I had before losing my game installation while forcing it to reinstall, but that's acceptable.

unknown.png

Cheers! :cheers:
Thanks for the effort taken to report your findings - this might prove very useful to others.
Ref your lost rain sounds, these were removed from recent CSP updates as they were still WiP and a little glitchy, but you can copy the sound bank from an earlier CSP to restore them. I can't remember exactly how but a quick search should find it, it's been widely reported.

No need for me to test. Straight to the bin it goes.

Don't be so quick to dismiss it untested. CM applies the necessary fixes semi-automatically with just a few confirmation clicks and you might not have the AI suspension issue that I have - it's probably a simple bug that's easily resolved. At least give it a go, these old BMWs are always good fun and Mike's car is one of the good ones.

V8SCorsa mods? The first and second gears have to be machine gunned in under 1s as they overrev immediately, then third drops to what would be a stall IRL, and after that its like I am driving a boat in a high swells, gearing down will lock out and cause a spin.. (also touching the brakes and she locks hard right, even just looking at the brakes or thinking impure thoughts about the brakes mother causes these cars to lock out.).

I am on V3.5(EDIT, its 3.1 not 3.5), I do not recall earlier versions having this issuee? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
V8SCorsa mods? The first and second gears have to be machine gunned in under 1s as they overrev immediately, then third drops to what would be a stall IRL, and after that its like I am driving a boat in a high swells, gearing down will lock out and cause a spin.. (also touching the brakes and she locks hard right, even just looking at the brakes or thing impure thoughts about the brakes mother causses these cars to lock out.).

I am on V3.5, I do not recall earlier versions having this eiise? Anyone else experience this?

They are a handful, yes. But this is mostly down to a very bad default setup of the cars. But with a few tweaks, you can bring them to manageable and for me very enjoyable state:

1. Gear ratios: I agree, the default are very strange indeed. Luckily cars have presets, so you don't have to fiddle for hours to make them useablr, just increase the preset to level 3 or 4 depending on the track and you will find them more "natural".

2. Tyres: I think the Soft tyres should be named Hard, and the Super Soft should be named Medium, and there should at least be another even softer compound that would be named Soft. But things being the way they are, first thing I do, is change the tyres to SS no matter the type of session I'm driving. Even for longer races. This reduces heavily the sliding effect of the car, which is to exaggerated. Also don't forget it was made on purpose for tyres to take a few laps to get up to temperature, much longer compared to other cars in AC. Which is more in line with real life and other sims. And I kind of like this feature, cause it doesn't allow you to push to max immediately.

3. Brake bias: To much to front, very common in AC default setups. I move brake bias back in almost every car in the sim. For the V8s I go 3 clicks back for the Commodore and 2 for Mustang. This lowers the number of lockups heavily.

4. Ride height: This is the most important one. The cars spin to easily in almost any situation. This is due to having to little downforce in the back of the car. Lower it to 16 on L an R in the back from 18 and the cars become much more stable.

5. Throttle. It might be to sensitive in low gears, I agree. But apparently it's the way it is IRL. I sort of gotten used to it and I quite like it now. The general rule I follow, newer hit full throttle in 1. and 2. gear. Not only you avoid a spin this way, but you get better grip from tyres on corner exits.

I use some other small tweaks in setup as well, but those are not so important and are based on ones driving stile and track configuration. Like lowering or increasing the antirollbar by 1 click in front or back for more/less oversteer.

Hope this helps. With those modifications, these cars for me are one of the most enjoyable to drive in AC. On default setup, they are a nightmare, I agree.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure I've got all of the Group C mods for AC... anyone want to double check me? I heard there's a '92 Nissan out there.

Let's see, I sent a photo yesterday with all the group c cars I have at the moment. Tell me if you have one (I'm also interested in group c) which I don't have or someone you see you need:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1647#post-13224181

Also yesterday, PROJECTNR56 sent a R89C just released, I hope that's the Nissan you refer to.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1646#post-13224099

They are a handful, yes. But this is mostly down to a very bad default setup of the cars. But with a few tweaks, you can bring them to manageable and for me very enjoyable state:

1. Gear ratios: I agree, the default are very strange indeed. Luckily cars have presets, so you don't have to fiddle for hours to make them useablr, just increase the preset to level 3 or 4 depending on the track and you will find them more "natural".

2. Tyres: I think the Soft tyres should be named Hard, and the Super Soft should be named Medium, and there should at least be another even softer compound that would be named Soft. But things being the way they are, first thing I do, is change the tyres to SS no matter the type of session I'm driving. Even for longer races. This reduces heavily the sliding effect of the car, which is to exaggerated. Also don't forget it was made on purpose for tyres to take a few laps to get up to temperature, much longer compared to other cars in AC. Which is more in line with real life and other sims. And I kind of like this feature, cause it doesn't allow you to push to max immediately.

3. Brake bias: To much to front, very common in AC default setups. I move brake bias back in almost every car in the sim. For the V8s I go 3 clicks back for the Commodore and 2 for Mustang. This lowers the number of lockups heavily.

4. Ride height: This is the most important one. The cars spin to easily in almost any situation. This is due to having to little downforce in the back of the car. Lower it to 16 on L an R in the back from 18 and the cars become much more stable.

5. Throttle. It might be to sensitive in low gears, I agree. But apparently it's the way it is IRL. I sort of gotten used to it and I quite like it now. The general rule I follow, newer hit full throttle in 1. and 2. gear. Not only you avoid a spin this way, but you get better grip from tyres on corner exits.

I use some other small tweaks in setup as well, but those are not so important and are based on ones driving stile and track configuration. Like lowering or increasing the antirollbar by 1 click in front or back for more/less oversteer.

Hope this helps. With those modifications, these cars for me are one of the most enjoyable to drive in AC. On default setup, they are a nightmare, I agree.
Thanks for that, the gears thing definately helped.
Adjusted the other bits, and have been incrementally lowering braking power, now at 75% of normal, still locks up hard when I brake and ALWAYS swings right, never left, even when im turning left and hit brakes, it swings right. I think I might wipe all the v8scorsa mods completely and try a new download, something quite kooky with what I have.

Yeah I saw that video but I think it's a private mod or are not finished yet converting them, because I only see them in that video and there is no links. If you see them in another place pls tell me!!

Those cars are WIP. I hope KJRacing81 keeps working on them, his Aston Martin and Jaguar are awesome. On the other hand, those two are FM7-models and rest of those unfinished Group C cars are converted who-knows-where.

But anyway with that excellent Nissan R89C by LTK, there are now plenty of high quality Group C / IMSA GTP in this game.

Thanks for that, the gears thing definately helped.
Adjusted the other bits, and have been incrementally lowering braking power, now at 75% of normal, still locks up hard when I brake and ALWAYS swings right, never left, even when im turning left and hit brakes, it swings right. I think I might wipe all the v8scorsa mods completely and try a new download, something quite kooky with what I have.
Maybe. I'm guessing you don't use a load cell brake, or any other brake mod? I got my load cell mod last month and it makes world of difference on these no ABS cars. Before I was using any trick available in the book, from foam pads, to unrealistic gamma settings,... It was a pain in the a.. Hope you manage to sort it somehow.

V8SCorsa mods? The first and second gears have to be machine gunned in under 1s as they overrev immediately, then third drops to what would be a stall IRL, and after that its like I am driving a boat in a high swells, gearing down will lock out and cause a spin.. (also touching the brakes and she locks hard right, even just looking at the brakes or thinking impure thoughts about the brakes mother causes these cars to lock out.).

I am on V3.5(EDIT, its 3.1 not 3.5), I do not recall earlier versions having this issuee? Anyone else experience this?
I've got 3.1 and haven't noticed any of the issues you mentioned, so it might be something playing up. I put a vid on youtube if you want to see - I'm using standard setup apart from gearing and tyres.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back