Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,031 comments
SWEET! my favorite combo in rf2 is the EVE on Monaco Historic, a 20 lapper and I am spent for the day. WHen i have a few hours to kill and I look at the laundry list of games in my Steam library I have a very high tendency of ending up in that combo. Sadly the RF2 potato graphics being what they are, and the AI being somewhere between homocidal and/or kamikaze in nature its a bit difficult getting through a full race in one piece with all wheels attached, -but- the physics/ffb on these cas in rf2 is just great, they can be handled on the very edge and the feel of the backend starting to come loose on you aroung monaco is addictive, I give myself a pat on the back for every lap I make it around without loosing it.. ;) , would love the combo in AC on the much better looking monaco I have! Looking forward to release (any idea why some of the eve's/matra's in RF2 get to the track with a rear wing fitted and some do not? was it an optional thing in the real car these are based on?)

What is wrong with all the Monaco tracks we have now???? Allot of them I feel are very well done and have been posted in this forum.

You shrank the cars. I shrank the tracks.

xyxs.png

You give me your cars and I give you my tracks. :lol:

You're joking. you ARE responsible for his lack of time. You provided all those links, just at the same time.

LOL. That is pretty good @Paulo Ribeiro . I like the Lost Horizon track and is a nice wide track, but my cars dont look shrunk down. Hey Paulo, maybe thet track you show in the picture would work good for the "Banana car mod" I found on Race Dept.

take care,

Hi gents and gals
I can't remember who wanted the BMW 3.0 CSL, but anyway here it is.

BMW 3.0 CSL author DV Gamemods

50307695971_015b78c2e0_b.jpg

Four liveries like in 1972 for the early carburated cars.
Many files in the data folder have been updated, physics, shaders to be in accordance with these sites:
http://www.zeperfs.com/fiche3929-bmw-3-0-csl.htm#Caractéristiques
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1972/78275/bmw_3_0_csl.html
https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/BMW/1191/BMW-E9-30-CSL.html
https://bimmertips.com/bmw-e9-csl-3-0-oem-paint-color-options/

RWD
L6 3003cm3
naturally aspirated
manual 4 speed
200hp
272Nm
1165kg
220km/h
6.9s 0-100
6.25 kg/hp

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uyuzsd1p8hkyqdj/bmw_30_csl_1972.7z/file
Have fun. Mike.
Thanks very much for this Mike. CM recommended to autofix a whole bunch of stuff when first loading it, and then out on the track AI cars ride around on jacked-up suspension. My own car seems fine. Any ideas why?
I tried a few different CSP builds in case it was a quirk of the recent releases but the issue persisted.

What is wrong with all the Monaco tracks we have now???? Allot of them I feel are very well done and have been posted in this forum.
I am not sure you read my post... I am not asking for Monaco, I have it, I am talking to him about porting the eve 68 to AC for the exact purpose of running it on the track in AC. Fully aware of the ones in AC, I setup rainfx for it, also in the forum ;)

SWEET! my favorite combo in rf2 is the EVE on Monaco Historic, a 20 lapper and I am spent for the day. WHen i have a few hours to kill and I look at the laundry list of games in my Steam library I have a very high tendency of ending up in that combo. Sadly the RF2 potato graphics being what they are, and the AI being somewhere between homocidal and/or kamikaze in nature its a bit difficult getting through a full race in one piece with all wheels attached, -but- the physics/ffb on these cas in rf2 is just great, they can be handled on the very edge and the feel of the backend starting to come loose on you aroung monaco is addictive, I give myself a pat on the back for every lap I make it around without loosing it.. ;) , would love the combo in AC on the much better looking monaco I have! Looking forward to release (any idea why some of the eve's/matra's in RF2 get to the track with a rear wing fitted and some do not? was it an optional thing in the real car these are based on?)

for the blender folks.. I want to extract the track edges for the purposes of painting in the grass/sand. In the current track it seem to just use a normal map and named as 1GRASSxxxx, if I replace the map with a painted one green/brown how do i get the dds to be interpreted by AC as grass/sand?

In RTB you simply paint the texture onto the map, but cannot see how that can be done in Blender?

upload_2020-9-6_8-33-10.png

Well, perhaps fix it to your liking and share it back? My only intentions were to enhance it visually. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/crkf9j0ewb94x1y/Marcas+Revisions.zip/file

Here are my revisions to the car; I will admit these are far from perfect and I am sure someone will be able to go even further than what I have done here, so feel free to edit this data however you see fit.

My main revisions include the following:

• Engine overhauled (recalculated to a 13.7% transmission loss)
    • Torque peaks at 276 NM (238 NM at the wheels) at 4900 RPM
    • Power peaks at 244 BHP (211 WHP at the wheels) at 6800 RPM
    • Engine limited to 7000 RPM with engine damage starting at 7100 RPM
  • Weight is now 1160 Kg without driver (1235 with)
  • Modern Racing Tyres fitted in Hard, Medium and Soft compounds
  • STEER_ASSIST has been set to 1 (was previously 0, which should only be used for high-downforce formula cars)
  • Gear ratios have been revised:
    • Final Drive: 3.2857
    • 1st Gear: 3.0000
    • 2nd Gear: 2.0000
    • 3rd Gear: 1.5714
    • 4th Gear: 1.3333
    • 5th Gear: 1.2105
    • 6th Gear: 1.1111
    • Reverse: 2.6923

Here are my revisions to the car; I will admit these are far from perfect and I am sure someone will be able to go even further than what I have done here, so feel free to edit this data however you see fit.

• STEER_ASSIST has been set to 1 (was previously 0, which should only be used for high-downforce formula cars)

If anyone knows how cars are coded in AMS/Stock Car Extreme/Copa Petrobras de Marcas, It would be greatly appreciated as it would help me much more easily translate the cars' specs from those games into something more suitable for AC's physics; especially the power and torque curve.

Did I miss the hi-fidelity cockpit update for the Porsche 961 LM or didn't it arrive as planned?
You did not.
Thanks very much for this Mike. CM recommended to autofix a whole bunch of stuff when first loading it, and then out on the track AI cars ride around on jacked-up suspension. My own car seems fine. Any ideas why?
I tried a few different CSP builds in case it was a quirk of the recent releases but the issue persisted.
No need for me to test. Straight to the bin it goes.

If anyone knows how cars are coded in AMS/Stock Car Extreme/Copa Petrobras de Marcas, It would be greatly appreciated as it would help me much more easily translate the cars' specs from those games into something more suitable for AC's physics; especially the power and torque curve.
rFactor1

what is considered to be the most up to date version of Eastern Creek at the moment? I just got a great Fathers Day gift I need to practice for!
View attachment 955581
This looks like somebody is bragging. And no, none of us is jealous right now. I do think I need to revise where I went wrong as a parent though. My gift from last year :lol: :lol::

51kpdEIKf2L._AC_SY400_.jpg

About the track, I use this version. I think it's the best:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1437#post-13174809

I'm pretty sure we added some extra placebo:lol:..no but seriously we didn't change anything...glad you had fun racing. A few of the team spent days tweaking and testing as much as they could...I can vouch that they really put some effort into making it as good as possible...

Hahaha Placebo is good :)

This looks like somebody is bragging. And no, none of us is jealous right now. I do think I need to revise where I went wrong as a parent though. My gift from last year :lol: :lol::

View attachment 955604

About the track, I use this version. I think it's the best:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1437#post-13174809
thanks, that is the one I have as well, I grabbed some 1m DEM and a lidar point cloud, but the point cloud is enormous, so bit of work to bash it down
upload_2020-9-6_10-7-23.png

upload_2020-9-6_10-7-49.png

reckon the 1M will be enough to "verify" the track ;)

Question for the RTB users:

How do i bring a mesh into RTB as Terrain that cvan be drawn on?
After an hour I finally managed to bash the mesh down to acceptable size from 30million to just 2 million faces, meshmixer was not happy about it though..
upload_2020-9-6_10-51-39.png

Last edited:

Excellent, can't wait to try this. But I wonder why you are all working on this old models of the cars, when there is a much better pack available from ERL with more cars:

https://www.erleague.com.br/erl-copa-marcas

I am not sure you read my post... I am not asking for Monaco, I have it, I am talking to him about porting the eve 68 to AC for the exact purpose of running it on the track in AC. Fully aware of the ones in AC, I setup rainfx for it, also in the forum ;)

Ahhhh, Sorry my mistake @TheRealCeeBee , When you said both I thought you meant for both a car and track.

Good luck in your request.

take care,

Excellent, can't wait to try this. But I wonder why you are all working on this old models of the cars, when there is a much better pack available from ERL with more cars:

https://www.erleague.com.br/erl-copa-marcas
I was not aware of this release; Simple as that. The Marcas cars I got were the same ones that I had previously discovered, just given graphical revisions such as LODs.

Sneak peek of the next update for the Jaguar XE SV Project 8. Huge thanks to Nizzar who fixed/upgraded the interiour and made all lights work! Crazy!

Touring edition from next update
upload_2020-9-6_2-32-55.png

Improved interiour with working navigation. Amazing!
upload_2020-9-6_2-32-38.png

Working rear lights and hazards. So the turnsignals work as well, even the ones on the mirror!
upload_2020-9-6_2-34-5.png

This and other updates coming soon :)

Hi All,
Apparently there was a bit of an issue with the Super Formula 2020 zip file I uploaded to RD but it should be fixed now and I am also uploading a 2k version of the pack for anybody who would prefer.
FYI I used the RSS formula 3 car as the base for this mod, even though the F2 2020 is closer visually (except the wheels) I didn't want to use that as it is a paid mod and I didn't want to disrespect the great work those guys do.
The performance of the Dallara SF19 mod should be close to the real life counterpart and the quali lap times of the AI on 100% run around +\- 1sec of the 2019 real times depending upon the track.
Obviously real world data was tricky to come by so there is a bit of guess work involved but I enjoy driving the cars and they look realistic so i'm happy!!!

INSTALLATION:
1. go to the RSS site and get the Formula RSS 3 V6 if you don't have it (It's free and awesome!) https://racesimstudio.com/shop
2. go to RD and get the skin pack of your choice (4K or 2K)
3. go here for the Dallara SF19 car and install http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3jr0tzx221aizd/Dallara+Super+Formula+SF19.zip/file
4. rename the car folder in the RD download from rss_formula_rss_3_v6 to dallara_sf19
5. copy the cars and textures folders from the RD download to your assettocorsa/content directory
6. check out my youtube video and give me a like & subscribe for my hard work! :lol:

All info is in the readme files of the downloads....
Cheers!
Neil.

Thanks, mate! But instructions are way too messy... why do I have to download the dallara, if then I have to rename the RSS car with that name? This will cause both folders to mesh.
Also, step 5 is even harder to understand.
Seen as this is a forum and not RD, wouldn't it be easier if you uploaded the final link here?

Thanks, mate! But instructions are way too messy... why do I have to download the dallara, if then I have to rename the RSS car with that name?
you don't have to rename the RSS car itself, just in the racedepartment download folder.
It's because I wanted to make the original skin pack on RD for the RSS car out of respect for their work but I also wanted to make the performance of the SF19 seperately.

It sounds harder than it is trust me!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back