Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Morgan Park, Qld? Another one I can't find (maybe someone can post the link for me lol)

Looks like it was created for rFactor.

Is a current active track that I hope to race at in the next year or two so keen to get some practice in beforehand :)

upload_2020-9-7_18-45-55.png

LIDAR available to. :)

No worries mate, I kinda figured what you meant anyways. Wanneroo is a decent track.

I lived 5 minutes drive away from Amaroo Park and back in the 1990's it was great to be so close. I did a few track days there too but it was pretty devastating when they announced it would close to become housing..

I know I had a Amaroo Park on a simulator but cannot recall which one it was. Don't think it was AC.. I'd still have it if it was. Strange that no one has built a half decent version of it. Gee I wish I knew how to mod as I'd love to make so much stuff especially the Aussie Group C cars. I know they are being made now by someone but the greater majority of what those guys are making isn't proving to be any good sadly..

The latest version of Bathurst (ported from ACC) is absolutely fantastic and I have literally stopped driving at all other tracks but to have a late 70's to mid 80's version would be nuts to drive an A9X or VK Group A around.
Can only hope and dream that someone makes it. I couldn't imagine it would ultimately be that difficult to do? The basic layout of the track is pretty much identical except the chase but that could be cut out. Some barriers could be removed and the old style pits put in place of the pit garages.

Can you just imagine going flat out down conrod for that little bit longer!? It would be amazing.
I agree. I was advocating for this a while back aswell. I think @Jimlloyd said he will look into making a decent "pre Chase" version when he finishes the modern track. So we can only hope he does.

Released!! V2.0 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 v2.0

v2.0 update consists of many improvements and 3 cars: Stock, Touring, S1

Stock: Original wheels, normal interior, wing.
Touring: New wheels, normal interior, removed wing.
S1: New wheels, no backseat, rollcage, wing, improved performance.

Check the readme for entire changelog because it's huge!
Link:

Original model: Rallyworld
Rest of the credits: Assettoland, Opperslang, Adriaan, JakubP, RMi_wood, Nizzar, Mr Boo

upload_2020-9-7_11-29-40.png

Stock
upload_2020-9-7_11-29-47.png

upload_2020-9-7_11-29-51.png

S1
upload_2020-9-7_11-29-56.png

upload_2020-9-7_11-30-0.png

Touring
upload_2020-9-7_11-30-6.png

upload_2020-9-7_11-30-10.png

hi! Does anyone know if there is a Monaco layout used from 2017 onwards?
We really do need a new version of Monaco that includes the new and faster swimming pool chicane of the recent F1 calendars (excluding 2020, of course). All of the versions available so far had the old chicane which severely affected lap times by a few seconds.

There was actually a Monaco 2019 that had the new pool chicane being worked on in the old F1Classic but with the the forum being taken down months ago and the author being inactive I don't think it will be finished anytime soon.

Released!! V2.0 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 v2.0

v2.0 update consists of many improvements and 3 cars: Stock, Touring, S1

Stock: Original wheels, normal interior, wing.
Touring: New wheels, normal interior, removed wing.
S1: New wheels, no backseat, rollcage, wing, improved performance.

Check the readme for entire changelog because it's huge!
Link:

Original model: Rallyworld
Rest of the credits: Assettoland, Opperslang, Adriaan, JakubP, RMi_wood, Nizzar, Mr Boo

View attachment 956025

Stock
View attachment 956026
View attachment 956027

S1
View attachment 956028
View attachment 956029

Touring
View attachment 956030
View attachment 956031

This is developing into a seriously refined mod and it's been fascinating watching the progress. Kudos to all involved.
Some PBR shaders in the cockpit would really bring it alive (especially on the metal components) and if somebody wanted to smooth the polygonal wing mirrors slightly it'd really help - we spend a lot of time glancing at these and they're a little low-poly by today's standards.
Great suite of cars already though - many thanks. I look forward to further developments.

Sadly to say it's from Gilles82. Which means it's a paid mod
I must say... anyone here can rip better than Gilles, his are super simple and straight conversions, no value or improvement added. TBH, I think using one of his rips as a base and greatly improving it.. someone could release it without any worry. If it was GTR2/GTL I could rip those rFactor tracks and have them in-game under an hour, another hour to do lights and texture cleanup.

Why doesnt some enterprising fella or gal see what they can do? (his Essington, for example is really bad... as are 80% of his stuff). If anyone needs source material, I can see what is in my archives... or use Goog and look for the tracks he did, before he did them and convert them free of his crappy "pay" versions.

All he did was put them into 3dsimed, export and set materials for AC. THATS ALL HE DID.
I can, if someone wants... to run his .kn5 through 3dsimed, export to .obj AND do the same with the original track. THE MESHES WILL BE IDENTICAL, THE TEXTURES WILL BE IDENTICAL.

I see NO credits from Gilles to ANY original author or game in his track releases.

IMHO just because he charges for them, does not put them on the "nono" list to use for the base of a total overhaul. To that extent, I made several improvements to his tracks as CM skins BY SIMPLY EDITING SOME TEXTURES IN Paint.net - (jfc)

To further someones success, most of those tracks were also converted to GTR2/GTL, simply use THOSE as a base as well. There were NO (or many) "paid" CONVERSIONS. (original 3rd party scratch tracks are different, IF they were originally released for pay. (in that case, contact the original author)

note: this rant does not apply to original models, textures or other original creator generated assets

Last edited:
its not that bad

but of course would require some work...

i know that https://perendinator.blogspot.com/ has made a tripolis track...
its now on us to remember him to upload it haha.

had a gawk at it, and yeap, quite some work required, poly count is very low on this one. but, given how flat the track is may not be an issue?

upload_2020-9-7_21-28-4.png

upload_2020-9-7_21-27-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-7_21-25-53.png
    upload_2020-9-7_21-25-53.png
    109 KB · Views: 7
This is developing into a seriously refined mod and it's been fascinating watching the progress. Kudos to all involved.
Some PBR shaders in the cockpit would really bring it alive (especially on the metal components) and if somebody wanted to smooth the polygonal wing mirrors slightly it'd really help - we spend a lot of time glancing at these and they're a little low-poly by today's standards.
Great suite of cars already though - many thanks. I look forward to further developments.

Thanks a lot Mascot. It's a good thing you give all this feedback since you are a vr user and notice different things. I will add these to my to do list and I'll see what can be done

had a gawk at it, and yeap, quite some work required, poly count is very low on this one. but, given how flat the track is may not be an issue?

View attachment 956054
View attachment 956053

Physical mesh can be increased in order to have a better feeling (even the track is flat) but the whole track needs a complete overhaul, needs a proper new 3d models and higher resolution textures, better trees and so on. I've started a couple of year ago a conversion but i dropped it because it was requiring too much work and knowledge that i don't have at that time ;)

But for sure, it's a track i want to have on my HDD :D

There is a Donnybrook (early can-am tracks) and alot of those old tracks in F1-1999/2000 mods (sonoma too). I converted the HPC cars, Weekender cars and tracks (lots of texture upgrades) to GTL ( I have a total conversion of HPC to an "open" version of GTL(2000).

The SAME tracks as "others". If anyone wants those, just ask.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Circuito dos Cristais - Curvelo
ERL ex AMS
Warning, WILL overwrite your original erl track if you have it.
Uses CSP for shader fixing, GrassFX, RainFX, will probably look quite crap without CSP.

Second update, added three more tree types, so 4 in total now of the 8 in original track. All original materials used, just fix to duplicate the normals backwards and build some new Y/X/Star type tree constructs.

Circuito dos Cristais - Curvelo
ERL ex AMS

An update for @TheRealCeeBee´s last version.
After contacting him and send him my fixes he gived his Ok to post it. Thx @TheRealCeeBee for this and your work before. :)

Fixed the trees normals, fences have now visible through again, guard rails too, crowd on standstands visible from track now and some other minor issues ...
Tweaked the brightness of some materials.
Made a new vao-patch.
Thx @Fanapryde for his sections.ini what is now included too. :)

This track still needs imo better billboards by an new skin. :)

Backup your old one first if you don´t like it and want to bring old version back.
upload_2020-9-7_14-19-5.png

https://sharemods.com/32wml24qaxc9/erl_cristais.7z.html

#config, #fix, #tweak, #update

Do you have the link to that LM version of the MkIII?
The first 3 in the pic of the MK3 they are virtual LM versions the other one I think is the GTP (modding team) one and the other one I believe is a rework so I got about 3 or 4 eagle mk3 ‘93 specs

Remake coming out soon Mafia Definitive Edition
and the famous race mission with new graphics!

interesting video of the Mafia game, that is if the guy demoing it could even drive half way decent.
I havent had a chance yet to try EASY's AC version yet, Dont know if the track in this video
is any different.

take care,

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back