Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
It's been a bug since day dot. I have yet too find a suitable workaround

The problem only effects ksperpixel. If you add ksperpixelnrmlmap.. The persistence file will remember it...

Thanks Jim. That confirms it for me. I thought I was doing something wrong.

For Friday evening, I present the car that was hanging over my bed on a poster between the Ferrari F40 and Lamborghini Diablo ....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

View media item 67907
It still requires interior work, but you have to devote a lot of time to it, so what I did right away has to wait for the rest.

The original author is unknown to me, I've been correcting it a few hours a day for the last 6 days,

-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed tyres size
-Changed tyres 3d model
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed wheels size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed brakes calliper position
-Changed brake disc texture
-Changed brake disc 3d model
-Changed engine power & torque
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed sound to the real V8 with mechanical compressor
-Changed texture defrost lines in front headlight
-Changed texture in front headlight
-Changed ABS and TCS setup
-Changed flames settings and position
-Add darker glass in front headlight
-Add glass in gauges
-Add AO in body
-Add AO in wheels
-Add front&rear UK number plate
-Add New Color Skins
-Add New Lether Skins
-Add light in dashboard
-Add few options from Csp
-Add real description
-Revised car shaders
-Revised tyres shaders
-and many more.....

I think that today it is the best Vantage V600 we have in Assetto Corsa.

Have fun.

aston_martin_v600.rar - 43.8 MB
UK number plates are reflective silver on the front, not yellow.

Yes was bit to much you got have fine balance of ads which are related to content of the site. I thing RD need a bit of re design regarding content on the site and remove what I would call the junk of site and remove unnecessary content regarding two/three mods for game thats not support by developed or the communicate . Has for the my skin I put them they because its go to place for AC content but in future I may setup a website for my skins go to.

I love your skins, I am a British GT fan, I think the great success of the category is to run the GT3 and Gt4 at the same time. One question, why don't the colors of the Mercedes 69 look like the real thing?

upload_2020-9-11_16-24-16.png

url

Yooo, maybe an odd question, but is there a GT4 spec car available with more horsepower? :P

I've done this sort of thing for some GT4-cars for my own use. It can be done by editing power.ini-file. It's fun, easy and addictive. Suddenly you realize you've made 100 "EVO"-versions of all kinds of cars... :lol:

I've done this sort of thing for some GT4-cars for my own use. It can be done by editing power.ini-file. It's fun, easy and addictive. Suddenly you realize you've made 100 "EVO"-versions of all kinds of cars... :lol:

I will give it a try! Thank you so much mate...

I love your skins, I am a British GT fan, I think the great success of the category is to run the GT3 and Gt4 at the same time. One question, why don't the colors of the Mercedes 69 look like the real thing?

View attachment 957075
url

thank you for enjoying my skins to answers your question its because thats the media day livery which came first I have the 69 race skin 95% complete it will come out next couple of days. Whose 2020 skins are complete and certain manufacture is available as a mod your see something special from me from the same series.

Last edited:
What's the problem with subdivide mesh? It should works fine in order to improve the physical mesh

subdivide from mesh menu in Blender literally just adds mesh, but creases remain, so nett effect is you increase size without removing "jolts" from original low poly. the subdivision surface tool also does not fix it without breaking the track (in this case road side objects are the same mesh as the track and I dont want "soft" walls jsut softer track. So process would have to be selecting and splitting out the main "road" from the walls and curbs etc, operating it seperately, then manually trying to match up the vertices where it moves up or down from the other geometry to rejoin for existing uv map to still be relevant.

In Rhino I can import the tri mesh, use tsplines to convert to quad SubD surface with TSplines, AND choose the option which crease angle to keep creased (so everything under 90 degrees for example gets uncreased). result is a mesh the same as what left but where its flat it remains lower poly and polycount increases to soften the curved areas. Downside is the export from Rhino throws all the uv map away, and this track so far jsut does not seem worth all that effort to remap etc. The amount of work to replace all the trees, build invisi-walls, replace the skyline etc make it (imo) simpler to just build another one in RTB et al.

Yet to find a tool like Rhino/Tspline quad remesh in Blender that allows me to to do it simply. The FBX is in the original track upload, if you can share the process using it I am happy to learn?

Last edited:
This is my first original track release. I've really wrestled with myself about posting it because I'm so self-critical. Not sure if it's any good, definitely not really finished. Constructive feedback is very welcome.

Hi Teddie, just had a quick go.. the track is extremely dark which makes it really hard to see any elevation changes

729m6sH.jpg

As for getting the mesh into RTB as you would for google maps, you'll have to wait a bit til I've sorted my plugin. The source data needs to be in .asc format; that's no problem, but I've no idea what grid reference system is used down under. Possibly there's some official mapping agency that has that info
any forward movement on the ability to deal with ASC that is NOT on a server because the host makes you download a zip file of the asc? (ie. ability to deal with local files and import as terrain mesh?)

For Friday evening, I present the car that was hanging over my bed on a poster between the Ferrari F40 and Lamborghini Diablo ....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

View media item 67907
It still requires interior work, but you have to devote a lot of time to it, so what I did right away has to wait for the rest.

The original author is unknown to me, I've been correcting it a few hours a day for the last 6 days,

-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed tyres size
-Changed tyres 3d model
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed wheels size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed brakes calliper position
-Changed brake disc texture
-Changed brake disc 3d model
-Changed engine power & torque
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed sound to the real V8 with mechanical compressor
-Changed texture defrost lines in front headlight
-Changed texture in front headlight
-Changed ABS and TCS setup
-Changed flames settings and position
-Add darker glass in front headlight
-Add glass in gauges
-Add AO in body
-Add AO in wheels
-Add front&rear UK number plate
-Add New Color Skins
-Add New Lether Skins
-Add light in dashboard
-Add few options from Csp
-Add real description
-Revised car shaders
-Revised tyres shaders
-and many more.....

I think that today it is the best Vantage V600 we have in Assetto Corsa.

Have fun.

aston_martin_v600.rar - 43.8 MB

Thanks a lots for this mod much appreciated as always.

Well, good news on my Marcas reworks, I've got adjustable cambers and ride-heights working in the ranges of the original car. But on the downside I discovered one of the awkward little inconsistent quirks with these cars.

It only previously propped up with the performance-delta timer with the digital_instruments.ini where the Focus's delta tracker was labeled "object007" instead of "object003" when I was copying the data tweaks over from the Focus to the others. The problems with these cars is that even though they should be the same core car with a different 3d model as they are in reality, there are slight differences in the core data which make things slightly more complicated than a one-size-fits-all drag-and-drop.

Each car has marginally different Center of Gravity values in their suspension.ini's that means just copying the suspension data from one car to the other isn't all that simple; I then have to re-center each car's COG values so the wheels actually line up in the rims, then adjust each car's BASEY values so the rod lengths match up with the ride height ranges.

Once I've finished this round of tweaks I'll post a link to the new update. Unfortunately I still have to figure out how to do toe angles in the suspensions.ini

thank you for enjoying my skins to answers your question its because thats the media day livery which came first I have the 69 race skin 95% complete it will come out next couple of days. Whose 2020 skins are complete and certain manufacture is available as a mod your see something special from me from the same series.
It's a shame we don't have the new Bentley, it's the only car missing from the grid.

This is my first original track release. I've really wrestled with myself about posting it because I'm so self-critical. Not sure if it's any good, definitely not really finished. Constructive feedback is very welcome. Uploading to Race Department after a few days of you guys trying it out here on GTP. Thanks to Tyrone and Gutbomb for dealing with all my questions ;)

View attachment 957102

Little Baja - Baja County Muncipal Raceway v0.96 (Updated)

Fictional track designed and created by Teddie Tapawan.

Additional Credits and Thanks:
* Shared X-Packs by Tyrone and Gutbomb
* Grass textures by Mike08
* Balloons by Mascot

View attachment 957105 View attachment 957106

Version History:

Little Baja v0.96
=================
* Fixed non-functioning PIT lane
* Fixed AI for both layouts
* Added tyre barriers on deep drop offs on both layouts
* Added marshals to pit area
* Changed shader/lightened road textures
* Recreated VAO patch to account for added objects
* Removed VAO patch on layout barrier kn5's
* Update preview pic with new screenshots of new pavement
* Removed unneeded temp folder
* Update README.txt

Little Baja v0.95
=================
* Initial release

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzne8de6at9ggts/ted_little_baja_v0.96.rar/file

Please let me know about any bugs.

Little Baja updated to v0.96.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1666#post-13229729

Thanks for the initial feedback guys. Let me know if you find anything else that needs fixing.

preview.png

Little Baja v0.96
=================
* Update README.txt

Last edited:
Thank you!

I was thinking. I have no car (at the moment that is ha) that I am fixing a bit, is there any car out there that anyone would like working wipers adding to in anticipation of new rain :) I will have time the weekend to do one as long as not a paid mod and freely to share on here. Let me know :cheers:

Hey mate, would absolutely love if you could do the Jaguar Project 8 I have been working on. If it's not possible no worries.
Nice job on the Renault! :D

Little Baja updated to v0.96.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1666#post-13229729

Thanks for the initial feedback guys. Let me know if you find anything else that needs fixing.

View attachment 957107

Little Baja v0.96
=================
* Update README.txt

Mate just tried the update and I have the problem where the cars won't leave the grid when the lights go out, or anyway very very slowly :S..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back