Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
yes I know but I read that to be a mod tester you need to be signed up on their web site (which I suppose is that one)
Really? I read instead in one of their post on their FB group that they'll "let you know" when you can be part of them to drive all of their cars.

hi,
I'm not in the habit of arguing but nevertheless according to wikipedia
From: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar_(Europe)
"Nissan arrête la production de la Nissan Pulsar dans son usine proche de Barcelone en Espagne en juin 2018. La forte demande en SUV et le manque de demande des berlines traditionnelles ont contraint Nissan de se concentrer sur les Qashqai et renouvellement du Juke, sans même passer par la case restylage"
Nissan stops production of the Nissan Pulsar at its plant near Barcelona in Spain in June 2018. The high demand for SUVs and the lack of demand for traditional sedans have forced Nissan to focus on the Qashqai and renewal of the Juke, without even passing by the restyling box
Mike

Re: Seat GT/24
Confirmed - all GTR2 skins will work
Indeed, since I adapted this skin for it I found on RaceDepartment.
preview.jpg

Where can I find more skins for it if any were made other than this one?

Can I make a little track request please, for a criminally overlooked gem - CART/Indycars Burke Lakefront Airport. There are 2 versions out there, and I think one is based on the other, but with better skyscrapers. The track surface itself seems fine, with bumps here and there as you'd expect, but most other things about it could do with a top notch track updater like yourselves having a quick look. The textures look quite bad, but I kept it because I love the layout and its ok to race on. But the 6 foot tall traffic cones on both versions CANNOT be forgiven. Is anyone able to give it some love and realise its potential please? :)

View attachment 956106 View attachment 956107
Please. Your shared all versions please?

Hello fellow modders and racers. Anyone have this file to share with me? I dont know why it is gone to be honest. I have done the file check in STEAM and the missing file did not return...UPDATE: NVM, I got it to work..Just started the default application launcher once and it fixed it :)
m53EqNm.jpg

Last edited:
Please big kind community! I need your help! I've bought a second Asus Strixx Geforce GTX 980 to use with SLI Bridge. Before installing I would do a realistic benchmark with 1 video card only and then with second one installed. Before that I need some of you could create an Assetto Corsa replay with newest CM,CSP, SOL with Rain effect activated. It would be best if you could create a replay with VR Setup (if you can). Use best stunning track mod and car mod (so not with Kunos track and car). After that your replay can be saved as benchmark.acr if you put inside content/benchmark path it will be used as standard benchmark.

Please share also your Score Points with min/avg/max FPS
CPU/GPU/MEM

(Track Mod and Car Mod ;-))
Thanks for helping.

Cheers Tony

Last edited:
If you use SOL (who doesn´t?!) go ingame to SOL config, page 18, tone down TA exposure fix setting from 100 to 25 or a setting to your liking. I usually do this with every track since it gives them the little bit more realistic tone. Depends on your PP filter of course.
View attachment 957593
Thanks for the reminder about this. It is especially useful for those tracks that have too-green grass.

And if I remember rightly, once you change this setting, it is then saved with that track - you don't have to adjust this setting every time you use the track :)

Anybody know how to replicate carbon fibre skin for ac within photoshop or paint.net all ready have the metal detail file within the skin folder.

2km0oe.jpg

In paint.net select all the areas of the body you want to make carbon and set Alpha to 0 on your AO layer, then delete anything on the paint layer and voila - carbon.

I bought the ACFL 2019 mod to try it out. They’re decent enough mods and all the different team’s chassis are represented, so that’s a definite upside.

Not bad mods by any means and the driving experience is adequate, but they are outclassed by more professional mod creators like Race Sim Studios and their Formula Hybrid cars. However if having the visual differences between all cars is important to you rather than just having a single RSS car with a skin pack, it’s the best you can do in AC besides just playing F1 2020 instead.

I didn’t check but I’m also pretty sure the AFCL mod is cheaper than the equivalent RSS mod, so that’s something to consider.

Been playing the 2020s cars a lot, honestly, I brought the F1 2020 game and the ACFL cars the same day, and I've already done every F1 race this season in AC and F1 2020 only have 17 minutes of play time. The physics is generic, but still very fun and behaves like a modern F1, had tons of tight dog fights in it as well.

In paint.net select all the areas of the body you want to make carbon and set Alpha to 0 on your AO layer, then delete anything on the paint layer and voila - carbon.

I use ctrl+f to body panels which I want carbon but when save it has dds I sill gloss black body

what save setting did you use has I use BC3 (linear dxt5) but sill getting a gloss black body and carbon rear wing

I use ctrl+f to body panels which I want carbon but when save it has dds I sill gloss black body

what save setting did you use has I use BC3 (linear dxt5) but sill getting a gloss black body and carbon rear wing

Not sure what ctrl+f does lol, but I always use the Alpha to 0 method. You select the AO layer, set the alpha to 0 then select the paint layer and delete the paint to leave a blank area.

Also set your AO on the bottom layer, and everything else above that like paint, decals etc. (set AO to normal and anything above that to Mulitply in layer properties too)
if you save as a PSD you can see changes in realtime in the Custom Showroom each time you save the file.
Then once you're happy with everything save it as a DDS and it will merge everything together (at least it does in Paint.net)

Grab this plugin pack https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/16643-dpys-plugin-pack-2014-05-04/ and you'll find the Alpha to 0 and Alpha to 255 plugins in there.
As for saving I actually save my DDS as B8G8R8A8 because i don't care about skin sizes but if you are saving as DDS then I think DXT5 is the right one. (not 100% on that though)

I just did a standard manual install, then when I started up a practice session with the track in AC (with Content Manager), it crashed and I couldn't even bail out with Task Manager, so the only solution was a hard shutdown. Tried a second time, same thing.

Once I got going again, I then discovered my Simcommander app (for running Simvibe) wanted me to set up everything from scratch like a new installation. I then had to restore the document folder for it from a backup to get that going again with the previous documents folder settings I'd be running for eons. Presumably, the files in the Simcommander file in the document folder got corrupted somewhere along the way becuase if was open and running when the hard crashes took place.
gonna be hard to find what could make that to happend if it was the track, anyway we will re-check everything to make sure all is ok just to make sure it doesnt happen to other ppl and thanks for the info!

Anyone know the ks shader for making reflective glass/windows for buildings off the top of your head?

You could also use ksperpixelmultimap.. If you have a texture map that is uv'ed to say share windows and normal walls of the building.. Ksperpixel reflection will make all the geometry reflective... If you use mutlimap you will need to add a normal and reflection map in the corresponding channel's.. The normal map will need to be flat on say the window areas... And on the reflection map black will be completely matt... And white reflective... If your not sure what I mean take a look at the buildings on the new rtbathurst... Jim

Little Baja updated to v0.96.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1666#post-13229729

Thanks for the initial feedback guys. Let me know if you find anything else that needs fixing.

View attachment 957107

Little Baja v0.96
=================
* Fixed non-functioning PIT lane
* Fixed AI for both layouts
* Added tyre barriers on deep drop offs on both layouts
* Added marshals to pit area
* Changed shader/lightened road textures
* Recreated VAO patch to account for added objects
* Removed VAO patch on layout barrier kn5's
* Update preview pic with new screenshots of new pavement
* Removed unneeded temp folder
* Update README.txt

I love this track, so thx Teddie! But i get no tree shadows on the track.. ?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back