Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Just a few words to share a concern I have.
I am grateful to those who either create the mods for different series or assemble them to create series grid.
To me racing those series is one very good reason I enjoy AC daily.
My concern is that those mod are not optimized to be run in decent size grid. With my GTX 1080ti (in VR) a grid of 12 gets me very low FPS. The same grid with Kunos cars I have no issue. I think some attention to optimization needs be a priority as at this point AC might be to hard to run on many systems.

Last edited:
Just a few words to share a concern I have.
I am grateful to those who either create the mods for different series or assemble them to create series grid.
To me racing those series is one very good reason I enjoy AC daily.
My concern is that those mod are not optimized to be run in decent size grid. With my GTX 1080ti (in VR) a grid of 12 gets me very low FPS. The same grid with Kunos cars I have no issue. I think some attention to optimization needs be a priority as at this point AC might be to hard to run on many systems.

you need a much beefier CPU, the number of AI in AC is more CPU dependent. AC engine is really good even on unoptimized cars.

sx LeMans v1.7
-adjusted ai-borders, added groove, better red asphalt, added spectators, marshals, added lots of reflectors and signage, adjusted 2019 skin, removed skids from grass/sand, see readme for more changes
-with CSP on 24h layout there are animated helicopters, the blimp does circles, ferris wheel spins
-all extra stuff in "_extra" folder (like movable cones and stFlow helicopters and screens)
-included config should ignore any existing config in "ext...\config\tracks\loaded\"
-rainfx ready config ft. Solid Farrell
-still very heavy, especially on s/f

Disable "Merge Meshes"! under CM>settings>CustomShadersPatch>General>CPU-optimizations !

Note: yes, you still need stFlow shader from Stereo for helicopter blades to spin, as i decided to keep it that way! It maybe included in last CSP version though.
Note 2: update soon as I messed up ai_hints.ini for indianapolis

This was a huge visual improvement compared to the previous version, thank you very much.

hey mates.... is someone working on a le mans 2020 grid?

maybe @ales100i ?
Hey. Sorry, no. A fan of most racing series, but lemans is not one of them. I always found the track layout boring and the modern Prototypes just look ugly to me, which kind off turns me off from them completely. At the moment I'm trying to create a few historical 80s Bathurst grids to run on the excellent new track from Reboot team. Trying to learn making skins in the process, but it's not going very well yet.

@leBluem Why the **** does Google Drive have a download quota which ALWAYS seems to run out whenever I wanna download something from there!?
God, I hope that someone could reupload mods somewhere else like those two tracks he posted here whenever that happens...

It's down to you using Bing instead of google as your search engine :lol: :lol: (joking)

Was just about to upload to MEGA for you but I see @leBluem has edited his post

Here's a tip for quota exceeded google drive links. It's a workaround.

If you have a google account you can "star" a download even if its quota is exceeded, then go to your own google drive, go to starred, right click the file and choose "make a copy" and then it will make a copy of that file in your google drive and you can download the copy.

Here's a tip for quota exceeded google drive links. It's a workaround.

If you have a google account you can "star" a download even if its quota is exceeded, then go to your own google drive, go to starred, right click the file and choose "make a copy" and then it will make a copy of that file in your google drive and you can download the copy.
Yeah if I still had one until Google themselves banned it since I uploaded too many paid mods here and on cs.rin.ru in the past...

119550128_1055754898177722_5209977680231008984_o.jpg

Don't remember seeing this shared on here. Looks to me its the model from GT Sport, if only that odo works, it sticks out like a sore thumb when driving.

https://mega.nz/file/AZ9x2BCJ#ytp4PvUC8fH6_heIYv_7FeWJ-WEZ-9buqrM_44PyS2g

Cool video on AC mods, nothing earth shattering but interesting (to me).:cheers:
-

He recommends the IER P13c, which I do not have, can anyone confirm this is a great car?

Confirmed. Wish I could find servers with this. It has skin trouble, maybe only one real world skin available.

i didnt include this because it only depends of a personnal feeling and i thing everybody knows how to tweak this line in car.ini.

Don't assume those kind of things please. I didn't know. Yep, I know many things but didn't know that one.
If you didn't post this line, I would bin the mod. Haha, fortunatelly you did. :)

Hey. Sorry, no. A fan of most racing series, but lemans is not one of them. I always found the track layout boring and the modern Prototypes just look ugly to me, which kind off turns me off from them completely. At the moment I'm trying to create a few historical 80s Bathurst grids to run on the excellent new track from Reboot team. Trying to learn making skins in the process, but it's not going very well yet.

200.gif

Ales, after 24 hours watching GT cars fighting for win and many fighting for race position, with all the changing race strategies is just astonishing, but yet, this is my taste.... :cheers:
In my consideration 1 - 100 scale, you were in 95. I'm afraid you got down to 94 now. :lol:

Cheers man.

I love this! THESE interesting road cars are the cars I want more of. Thanks for sharing!

Do you have the others little sport japanese cars? You need/want them?
:)

P.S. Damn google downloads, what a waste. :grumpy:

Last edited:
sx LeMans v1.7 or on mediafire
-adjusted ai-borders, added groove, better red asphalt, added spectators, marshals, added lots of reflectors and signage, adjusted 2019 skin, removed skids from grass/sand, see readme for more changes
-with CSP on 24h layout there are animated helicopters, the blimp does circles, ferris wheel spins
-all extra stuff in "_extra" folder (like movable cones and stFlow helicopters and screens)
-included config should ignore any existing config in "ext...\config\tracks\loaded\"
-rainfx ready config ft. Solid Farrell
-still very heavy, especially on s/f

Disable "Merge Meshes"! under CM>settings>CustomShadersPatch>General>CPU-optimizations !

Note: yes, you still need stFlow shader from Stereo for helicopter blades to spin, as i decided to keep it that way! It maybe included in last CSP version though.
Note 2: update soon as I messed up ai_hints.ini for indianapolis
I am getting an error if i am loading the track

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back