Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,044 comments
Imo nissan nismo, ford gt, audi, mercedes and aston martin are very good. Aston Martin the best.

I know the gte cars are awesome but i was looking for quality Prototypes.

This is one of their earlier works and it is not finished (stands at v0.99, missing Toyota, flipped textures on Porsche spoiler endplates etc.). It is worth 5EUR though, beside of the Audi, the Oreca 05 LMP2 car can be a fun experience as well.

Probably the best prototypes that we have right now are the following:
- VRC Prototype Series Package
- IER Simulations P13C and IMSA offering

Yeah ive got those two.
The p13c is a fun drive.

Thanks for your help guys

Hello, everyone.
I tried to find a way to do it, but couldn't find it, so I decided to ask here if maybe someone knows how to do it.
Here is the situation: I like to use the Default\Showroom Day as a showroom (of course :D) but I'd like to use this same template as previews. So, the question is: Is there a way to do it? Os is there any previews preset that comes close to "Showroom Day". As I said, I tried to find a solution, a look alike preview template, with no luck.

Thanks for any help or advise.
Cheers :cheers:

Wow!!! When I was about to send this question, I decided to make a screenshot of how the showroom looks like and then.... accidentally I discovered how to do it:

1 - In the showroom that you like, position the car the way you like;
2 - Go to Make a Shot;
3 - Then click the Save as Previews presets button;
upload_2020-9-20_11-3-15.png

4 - Save the preset;
5 - Now go to Content -> Cars;
6 - Choose the car/cars you want to change the preview;
7 - Click the ARROW at the side of the Update previews buttom (don't click the update previews buttom, but click the arrow to open a dialog menu) - or just press CTRL+Shift+P;
upload_2020-9-20_11-8-48.png

8 - Choose Options;
upload_2020-9-20_11-10-29.png

9 - In the previews params, choose the new created preset;
upload_2020-9-20_11-17-42.png

10 - And voila! You've got the showroom as a preview preset:
upload_2020-9-20_11-32-53.png

Yeap... Content Manager has a lot to offer. If you are still using the free version, please consider a donation and start using the full version. It worths a lot and will help the man who made this possible to continue his work, in the end of the day, your donation will return to you (one way or another).

Cheers, guys! :cheers:

Last edited:
Im not mad @a25box I am finding that my fast_lane.ai lines I do are not fast enough for many of the tracks I helped do. So from now on, I will state that my tracks that I do the Fast_Lane.ai lines are just a starting point and feel free to do them better. I dont think I can do these any better, so:

*** Notice to all: Help the PalmBeash raceway track, If anyone here in the group would like to do a better fast_lane.ai lines for forward and reverse directions for this track, please go ahead and do it.

At least I got the pit stalls, grids, and timing boxes setup correctly now for the track someone requested in past post..

take care,
Dave
Dave, you have done well, thank you.
You have me over a barrel because I don't have the foggiest on how to make AI ! :-)

So, I'm trying the 1985 Nissan ZX Turbo GTP in Nardo.
While the UI speed says 340 km/h, the car doesn't go beyond 290 km/h.
Are these cases down to pre-race setup, or just wrong data while creating the mod?

So, I'm trying the 1985 Nissan ZX Turbo GTP in Nardo.
While the UI speed says 340 km/h, the car doesn't go beyond 290 km/h.
Are these cases down to pre-race setup, or just wrong data while creating the mod?
Don't have the car, but in general...Did you try editing the gear ratios? Usually there is where you can get the extra speed. Try making them longer.

I got it figured out, kinda, the luminescence thing was also screwing me to a bit of poking later I got to this. now sand is sand.
View attachment 959015
anyone else that grabbed the track can change the grassfx settings to this, will help a bit, the image above is after I did a dirty job of paint.net fixing the tree shadows and painted in some colours and blended the map so wont be exactly the same, a member is doing a proper job on the terrain map for me and once he is done, i will update properly but for now this might help till that happens

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = Terrain?
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.25
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0.05
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
SHAPE_SIZE = 2
SHAPE_WIDTH = 2.0
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands_darker.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 4

Since you are on my patreon, you can also compare the settings with my grassfx setups in the ext_configs.
I am always tweaking grassfx for many hours on tracks,
because it is always a matter of grass-ground-textures and colors what is influencing the behavior of grassfx.
So play around with MAIN and RED, and SHAPE SIZE. I often go to RED = 0.001 (0.0001?) when i do not want to have grass on dirt/sand.
When nothing is working as you want it.. slightly change the color or base look of the texture you want to plant the grassfx on.

I started my 1st "built from scratch" mod just for fun, while learnin' some 3D modelling basics... I decided to replicate a car which is very popular in Italy: the Fiat Panda ie Young (1990) also known as "pandino".
The exterior is almost done (some imperfections here and there...) and I've already started the conversion to AC.
In the next month I will work on the interiors.
Here's a little render from the content manager showroom:
View attachment 958917

Really can't wait to see this finished. You are a completely genius!

* * * U P D A T E D 05/09/2020 * * * N E W L I N K B E L O W

Assettopedia did a great overall job on their little-known Abarth 124 Spider but they seem to have been dormant for about 18 months on their website, forums and FB page.
Because I love driving this car so much in VR I've updated it a little and put it out as a new car to preserve the original. If you're still around, AP - hope you don't mind, and thanks for the original car.

View attachment 955278

Changelog:
Original car by AssettoPedia, v1.1 update by M 09/2020

- Windscreen tint removed, dust layer added
- Quarterlight transparency fixed, glass shaders replaced
- Navigator splash screen changed to Abarth 124 Spider logo
- Various shader tweaks
- Driver suits added
- UI updated, description in English
- Date changed to year of launch (2016)

Some more work is needed if anyone wants to improve it further (eg a small amendment to the bonnet is needed, you can just see under it into the engine bay from the cockpit at certain angles), but it's a great car already and in pretty good shape.
Wipers work and full LoDs are included for spec races too.
edit: link edited 5/9/2020, I just realised that the LoDs were pointless, they were all the same kn5, just renamed, but the first LoD had a noticeable change due to a diffuse change I made to the rear numberplate. LoDs therefore removed and the link below link updated.

Edit: NEW LINK http://www.mediafire.com/file/6wam1vn3bsnapgp/file

Really nice car to drive in city circuits like Chicago, Barcelona, ...
Thanks for updating it

the worst thing i see ,in all mods is how the tires fit to the rims ,you see mods that on turns the tire goes at list 3 cm inside the rims ,and another thing is the syspension ,most of them on bumbs goes up the hood ,and you called this great modding,,,

Last edited:
Hi,
Another update of a compact executive car produced by the Infiniti division of Nissan:
INFINITY IPL G37:

50361240376_998e4cb0c3_b.jpg

Unfortunatly, i didnt find the name of the author, anyway, big thank you to him

Data from:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2011/2167190/infiniti_ipl_g_coupe.html

colors:
https://colorndrive.com/ph/touch-up-paint/infiniti-g37-coupe?year=2011&baseColor=
(great to find colors of your skins)

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h7goq8oudwdu6ge/inf_g37.7z/file

As usual, have fun.
Mike

Comon Man semi-auto with gearbox shifting animation really? give us the Manual 6 speed its a nissan ffs x)

Hello @safi hellie Just a curious question, do you plan to post any of your custom cars you have shown here and in the past, or are they private just for your own enjoyment. Again just curious.

Any of them? What 2, starlet and the stock car?
(Anything else you have seen is already available.)

Yes, once they are finished for sure.

They already made some GTs (RSS GT / GTN - one of the best mods out there - / GTM Bayro) mate.
I agree the GTM Bayro is a fabulous car it's just a little dissappointing they abandoned the GT3's. At the time it was to be part of a GT3 pack and that's why I purchased it so not sure what happened. Still worth every cent just hoped others would have followed.

Just a few words to share a concern I have.
I am grateful to those who either create the mods for different series or assemble them to create series grid.
To me racing those series is one very good reason I enjoy AC daily.
My concern is that those mod are not optimized to be run in decent size grid. With my GTX 1080ti (in VR) a grid of 12 gets me very low FPS. The same grid with Kunos cars I have no issue. I think some attention to optimization needs be a priority as at this point AC might be to hard to run on many systems.

Having just upgraded my CPU, I have noticed that with AC now if you use CSP and SOL there are so many variables.

So my new CPU means i can now play ACC with 15 AI on pretty much max settings, its improved pretty much all games, where some were running well its even better now, so DiRT was fine in single rally, but bogged down in rally cross, now its perfect...

AC though, with kunos cars i can push up to like 23 AI from 15 odd on test so far.
But then some mods cars just kill it.

There is so much that you can change that I am not even sure if there is stuff i have clicked on that is borking stuff somewhere.

I find with AC now that it can change in performance over 30 mins and i have to close it down and start again, or ever so often i clean out SOL and CSP and start again.

Basically the new stuff is great, but its a bit huge and has so many variables its impossible to say any of us are running the same game as the settings are so myriad and bloated.

If i go vanillia i can run huge fields of AI.

But i like the candy..

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back