Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,767 comments
Ahh now I get why clouds won't appear at all when using Sol 2.0! It's because most Post Processing Filters apparently seem to break the clouds such as Adam's Sol Enhanced and A3PP, while some others like AC+2020 and IROC A3PP make them appear instead.

We need to report this bug to each PPFilter authors so that they can hopefully support them all for Sol 2.0.

Hello!
Are you using Content Manager? Obviously through there you can use restrictors and ballast to slow certain cars down. That's the easiest non-obtrusive way to do it. The only issue with that is you're constantly slowing down faster cars to the weakest link.

The next way to get you into the ballpark is to use content manager to calculate the power to weight ratio. Right click on the 3 dots next to the power band display on the cars page, select the third option, calculate power using the data. (Sorry, not on rig computer, doing this from memory) Next right click over the weight of the car and recalculate. Do this for all the cars in question and see what the data tells you. You're aiming to get the power to weight ratio fairly close. There can be a lot more to it but this is a great start and you'll be able to use this on different groups of cars.

Next would be to go into the data folder and change values. This is obtrusive to the cars so you would want to create a back up of the data folder or data.acd file depending on which is in your folder. Most likely with the cars you listed the data will be packed and you'll have to unpack the data via content manager.

If you feel comfortable with that, we can go from there.

Excellent. I will try this and see how it goes. The weird thing is, i have just donw 3 test runs (to see if 1 car is an outlier) but in all 3 races, different cars won each race with different cars in the following places (1st 2nd 3rd).

But in each race, the winners were around 30s faster than the 5/6/7/8/9/10th place cars. But in race 1 corvette and BMW were 30s faster, in race 2 911 was 30 seconds faster, in race 3 AMG was 30s faster??

So it seems its not related to a specific car?

I was testing at the new Bsathurs reboot track? Could it be realted to the AI on that track? Could it be the NEW AI setting in CM?
It just seems that no matter what, with that combination of cars, 3 will be 30s faster than the rest of the field, and its any random 3 cars that seem to be picked to be faster?

Asking for someone to team up with for track releases.
I need someone who wants to do detail work after I have done what I can to release as v1.0

What I can do...
Basic conversions of decent quality. (conversions to the level of Zolder)
Basic surfaces.ini (with notes on how to continue)
Basic texture edits/replacements etc
Basic ext-configs for GrassFX and lighting.
Shadows and AO

Not good with AI, placing pits/timers, shaders/textures, grooves etc.

For cars:
Same as above but need help for things like instruments, wipers, suspension/other animations, skins etc.

I would like to join with a few people to hand these off to and partner with for quality releases. PM if interested.

Excellent. I will try this and see how it goes. The weird thing is, i have just donw 3 test runs (to see if 1 car is an outlier) but in all 3 races, different cars won each race with different cars in the following places (1st 2nd 3rd).

But in each race, the winners were around 30s faster than the 5/6/7/8/9/10th place cars. But in race 1 corvette and BMW were 30s faster, in race 2 911 was 30 seconds faster, in race 3 AMG was 30s faster??

So it seems its not related to a specific car?

I was testing at the new Bsathurs reboot track? Could it be realted to the AI on that track? Could it be the NEW AI setting in CM?
It just seems that no matter what, with that combination of cars, 3 will be 30s faster than the rest of the field, and its any random 3 cars that seem to be picked to be faster?

Setting aside that GTE cars are faster than GT3 cars, the cars that are in the front of the pack will always pull away a little bit from the rest of the pack because they have more clean space and less fighting with other AI. This evens out a bit more when doing 30 - 50 lap races and each car has to pit, putting them in the middle of the pack at some point during the race.

Ahh now I get why clouds won't appear at all when using Sol 2.0! It's because most Post Processing Filters apparently seem to break the clouds such as Adam's Sol Enhanced and A3PP, while some others like AC+2020 and IROC A3PP make them appear instead.

We need to report this bug to each PPFilter authors so that they can hopefully support them all for Sol 2.0.

I wouldn't burden authors of filters for a fix, I'm sure Peter will have it fixed in a future sol update for pp's to work just as they have in the past.
Or if you want you could go through all five pages and let them know of the impending doom. :D

https://www.racedepartment.com/sear...ories][0]=1&c[child_categories]=1&o=relevance

I can't believe the lengths people like yourself will go to to perpetually avoid paying a measly couple of dollars to people who give so many other people fun and pleasure. :grumpy:

I wouldn't burden authors of filters for a fix, I'm sure Peter will have it fixed in a future sol update for pp's to work just as they have in the past.
Or if you want you could go through all five pages and let them know of the impending doom. :D

https://www.racedepartment.com/sear...ories][0]=1&c[child_categories]=1&o=relevance

Hmmm. I can see the request now...

"Excuse me, but I can't get my cracked version of CSP/SOL to work properly any more. Could you please fix it so I can continue to be a %$t!"

The rest of us in this county would wish that Portland would vanish for real.
emot-yikes.gif

Question: Do not drive open wheel cars often, but recently picked up the RSS 90 V12 and the tires are glossy. It is not effected by Tyre FX being turned on or off in the CSP settings. How can I fix this glossy tire issue?

My brother has made some very, very high-quality mods for X-Plane and other flight simulation games - I'm seeing if he'd be interested in working on some car mods for Assetto Corsa.

Also, does anyone have some classic Porsche mods they can link me to?

Hello,
Does the new CSP v1.6.4 now provide the Rain-FX or is that just some minor updates. Seems like it doesnt mention about the Rain stuff.
I am still on an older CSP version.

thank you,
Dave

Hey everyone. first off just want to say wow to all the modders in here, you lot have actually inspired me to look into how to mod tracks and cars in AC. Ive got a lot of time on my hands now and i may as well learn something new.

My first post is going to be a questions asking for help (booo) but im hoping someone here can help me out.

Im trying to race these cars in a GTLM or GT3 style grid and get it as close to reality as i can. The cars are from different modders including RSS/Kunos/MasterKey/URD/Element and i think i am using a rollovers corvette (pic attached)

However im noting that no matter what i set the cars AI up to, i always seem to get break aways in the pack, clusters and the cars dont race together. Now i dont know much about BOP'ing etc so i was wondering.
Does/Has anyone bopped these cars before?
Is it easy to do?
Do they even need bopping?
Is there a better grid of GTLM / GT3 i should have?
Has anyone bopped them before and can share a bop?
Could someone bop it for me or show me how to bop them?

Basically id like to race them without them scooting off into packs, and fight through a nice close racing pack.

Any advice would be very welcome.
Additionally if anyone has any great resources for learning how to mod cars and tracks in AC please feel free to send them my way.

Thanks again

Hello and welcome.

Are you looking for GTLM/GT3/GTE/GTD... Races similar to real life, or train races?

If you watch several races IRL, you know that the field will spread after a few laps, depending on track, it can be after 5, 10, 15 laps.
However we see small groups of 2, 3, sometimes 4 and 5 cars fighting for position.
But, unless we watch Kart or TCR (even TCR nowadays not being like it was 10 years ago), the field will always be broken.

If you like train races, then you will have lots of work, finding and testing all cars and Bop'd them.
Personally, never did that and I am very happy with my races.

One thing I usually do is, select say 30 GT3 cars and put them in a practice or qually session for 30 mnts
After that, I separate the models in two. The half faster and the obviously half slower.
Then from there, I chose the grid (the faster or the slower) and I was never disappointed.

But as usual, everyone have his own taste.

Good luck with your target and have fun. 👍

Never mind disappearing clouds, recent CSP updates seem to have made the entire Portland track vanish.

I see what you did there. :P Been life busy.

My brother has made some very, very high-quality mods for X-Plane and other flight simulation games - I'm seeing if he'd be interested in working on some car mods for Assetto Corsa.

Also, does anyone have some classic Porsche mods they can link me to?
If you see some Porsches you want, pm me. I'll just lump 'um all in a zip
sz5w.png

Last edited:
Question: Do not drive open wheel cars often, but recently picked up the RSS 90 V12 and the tires are glossy. It is not effected by Tyre FX being turned on or off in the CSP settings. How can I fix this glossy tire issue?
I have this problem and an issue with the whole car being matte(no gloss/shine at all). Others cars’ reflections aren’t affected.

Setting aside that GTE cars are faster than GT3 cars, the cars that are in the front of the pack will always pull away a little bit from the rest of the pack because they have more clean space and less fighting with other AI. This evens out a bit more when doing 30 - 50 lap races and each car has to pit, putting them in the middle of the pack at some point during the race.

Thanks for getting back to be, and good info that’s I’m looking into.

So do you think could use better matched cars?

For the first half of the grid, I’ve used:
URD Bayro EGT
URD AMG EGT
Corvette GTLM (Kunos or Rollovers)
URD Detroit
MasterKey Ferrari 488 GT3 ACC
ELEMENT RC-F GT3 ACC
URD 911 2018

These appear to be the exact cars used in the really life limerick video below which I’m trying to recreate.

Im trying to balance the grid in sections by taking the top 10 finishers of the race, balancing them in game, then I’ll do the second batch.

At the start and through this race, you’ll see close amazing racing, and it’s like this almost the entire race.

I’m trying to recreate this, but even with just the initial set of front running cars (the GTE or GTLM Cars) they seem to separate way more than they do on these videos.

I don’t see anyone car ahead by 30+ seconds after only 3 laps.

Do you think I should use different cars or are these indeed the best / closest match for the ones in the video?

Has anyone else actually bopped or created playlists for these particular races as if it already exists somewhere I’ll just grab it from someone who knows what they are doing with setting up grids etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone else running a Fanatec wheel installed the latest drivers and firmware? After the update I seem to have lost a lot of understeer feeling. I know the car is doing it but it doesn't transmit the feeling through the wheel as much as it did before. Would I need to change a particular setting in game or via the wheel settings? I do have "enhanced understeer effect" enabled as it was before the update.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back