Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,746 comments
Porsche 964 Carrera RSR (V0.1) (New version)

Link : https://mega.nz/file/cRB2BTSB#ojdVz9KmVIq0rQDVX558kuWOdMQFT_fXFbK-A8V-nkQ

1607282327-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-rsr-6-11-2020-19-48-41.jpg

Enjoy !

Last edited:
Shader: ksPerPixelReflection -> Shader: Shader: ksWindscreen

I went back to CM show room but this is not one of the value I can change when clicking on change value or I do not know how.

edit
After double check, I did not provide the right info in the first post
the values are :
Material name: glassint
Shader: ksWindscreen
Blend mode: Alpha blend
Alpha test: False
Depth mode: Normal
Shader properties:
• ksAmbient: 0.2
• ksDiffuse: 0.2
• ksSpecular: 0
• ksSpecularEXP: 50
• ksEmissive: 0
• ksAlphaRef: 0.5
Textures:
• txDiffuse: win2.dds

Last edited:
I went back to CM show room but this is not one of the value I can change when clicking on change value or I do not know how.

edit
After double check, I did not provide the right info in the first post
the values are :
Material name: glassint
Shader: ksWindscreen
Blend mode: Alpha blend
Alpha test: False
Depth mode: Normal
Shader properties:
• ksAmbient: 0.2
• ksDiffuse: 0.2
• ksSpecular: 0
• ksSpecularEXP: 50
• ksEmissive: 0
• ksAlphaRef: 0.5
Textures:
• txDiffuse: win2.dds
You can't do this through CM Showroom, it needs to be done through ksEditor
unpack the kn5 and open ksEditor under /assettocorsa/sdk/editor, then navigate to the unpacked folder inside the car's folder, load the fbx into ksEditor and change the shader there. Then save the kn5 again.

You can't do this through CM Showroom, it needs to be done through ksEditor
unpack the kn5 and open ksEditor under /assettocorsa/sdk/editor, then navigate to the unpacked folder inside the car's folder, load the fbx into ksEditor and change the shader there. Then save the kn5 again.
why not do it as ext_config ?

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = glassint
SHADER = ksWindscreen
PROP_0 = ksAmbient, 0.2
PROP_1 = ksDiffuse, 0.2
PROP_2 = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_3 = ksSpecularEXP, 50
PROP_4 = ksEmissive, 0
PROP_5 =ksAlphaRef, 0.5

Last edited:
why not do it as ext_config ?

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = glassint
SHADER = ksWindscreen
PROP_0 = ksAmbient, 0.2
PROP_1 = ksDiffuse, 0.2
PROP_2 = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_3 = ksSpecularEXP, 50
PROP_4 = ksEmissive, 0
PROP_5 =ksAlphaRef, 0.5
There's no need for all the other shader changes afterwards if you're replacing it with an ext_config, as it usually inherits the shader settings before it.
I don't recommend people get into editing cars via configs because it's always more roundabout than fixing the kn5 directly, unless the car has multiple LODs.

If I do a full Backup, I do that folder, Documents/Assetto Corsa and the Steam folder.
So yes, you'll want to save that folder too.

Thanks. A new PC is soon for me so I have to prepare. So the personal ratings of the cars and tracks are stored in Documents/Assetto Corsa?

Also I would like to move the Assetto folder to one SSD disk. I know you can tell Steam to move your game to a new location but, Steam does not do a file verification by doing that, is this correct?

Thanks. A new PC is soon for me so I have to prepare. So the personal ratings of the cars and tracks are stored in Documents/Assetto Corsa?

Also I would like to move the Assetto folder to one SSD disk. I know you can tell Steam to move your game to a new location but, Steam does not do a file verification by doing that, is this correct?
I moved mine to a NVME M.2 just recently myself.
I just looked. App Data/Local/Ac Tools Content Manager is what saves all your Content Manager content but after opening up a few folders I couldn't find if it saves your flags or star ratings. It's such a small size that I would just back that up. That's where you put, let's say, Fanapryde's Origin Icons at so you would lose that if you didn't save it. Documents/Assetto Corsa saves the original game data like lap times and things pertaining to the original game like presets or wheel setups and such.

No problem in Steam with moving the folder though. I forget the process but it wasn't any issue.

I moved mine to a NVME M.2 just recently myself.
I just looked. App Data/Local/Ac Tools Content Manager is what saves all your Content Manager content but after opening up a few folders I couldn't find if it saves your flags or star ratings. It's such a small size that I would just back that up. That's where you put, let's say, Fanapryde's Origin Icons at so you would lose that if you didn't save it. Documents/Assetto Corsa saves the original game data like lap times and things pertaining to the original game like presets or wheel setups and such.

No problem in Steam with moving the folder though. I forget the process but it wasn't any issue.

Sorry but then, where are the star ratings and flags stored? Sorry if you told me that already but I don't get it.

Sorry but then, where are the star ratings and flags stored? Sorry if you told me that already but I don't get it.
I personally don't know, maybe someone else does but if I had to take an educated guess, it looks like all Content Manager related data is stored in Local/Ac Tools Content Manager. If it's any consolation, I didn't lose any stars or flags on content and I backed up that whole folder.

I personally don't know, maybe someone else does but if I had to take an educated guess, it looks like all Content Manager related data is stored in Local/Ac Tools Content Manager. If it's any consolation, I didn't lose any stars or flags on content and I backed up that whole folder.

Ah ok, thanks.

upload_2020-12-7_0-25-59.png

Ok so, this is the first time I encounter something like this so uh, anybody know how to fix this? Is it a texture mapping problem or something?

I love this one:

Sim Traxx
PACIFIC CIRCUIT
USA based circuit. Aerial Laser scanned. Not much info to go on, it looks nice in the thumbnail
ASSETTO CORSA
€5.00

Quick! Throw me my wallet!

Simracer604 did a video about it, personally i don't see the point as i would imagine most people already are aware of where to purchase them, or get them for free.

Seems a lot of effort to just re navigate someone away to another website...
I must be missing something, but somewhere it must benefit them to do this?
I wonder if they get a percentage of the 'sale'.

Autopolis Oita v1.0
converted from rfactor2.
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_autopolis_katsuo_29-10-120-19-10-22.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_autopolis_katsuo_6-11-120-12-23-55.jpg

- CSP required
- 28 pit/start
- 2 layout (International, short)
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;
・ @Katsuo, the author of the rfactor original version and gave me permission
・ @I.Bellett, the author of the rfactor2 converted vertion and gave me permission
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@KevinK2, AI
@ckkjw398, cam (Super Formula 2020)
@DaBaeda, cam
@CrisT86, ext_config

v0.91 changelog;
- Deleted AC_TIME_2 in short layout
- Added cam
- Added "Fixed Textures" skin
- Fixed how the light shines
- Fixed AI
- Added drs zone

v1.0 changelog;
- Fixed window shaders
- Updated ext_config
- Updated skin
- Removed cm_skins

Last edited:
Every time RD changing the format of the page, it seems that they do not use it because it is cumbersome to look for something there, also the amount of advertising sucks. I try not to enter RD my friend.

On Race Dept new screen format:
I agree with you. I did discover that clicking on the 3 HORIZ bars at the top left of the screen opens up the RD content more.
I dont understand why we have to see the big pictures of the RD news all the time on the far right side of screen when also looking
at download content. Just a distraction to me.
Anyway I put my 2 cents of opinion on their new views in their support forum category. Their new view is not bad now that I know what
the 3 HORIZ bars do. But I told them I do not need the pictures of the RD news all the time when there is a category select to the far left to go
to RD news. See what they say back. Note: I am a premium user.

Anyway back to on topic Assetto Corsa stuff.
Take care

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back