Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,800 comments
For real, man! So many cars now have the interiors too dark, any fix for that?
It takes some adjusting to get properly right, but some cars will look unnaturally dark to some people solely out of how they're shaded by Kunos. I'm working in tandem with him to bring PBR to the interior/exterior of all the cars I can but sadly enough I don't have much patience/time to do so. I've only rolled it out to about 10-20 cars as it is right now. If you can compile a list of cars that seem too dark I'd be more than happy to check them out.

01Vao.jpg
01NoVao.jpg
02Vao.jpg
02NoVao.jpg

Thanks a lot for your reply @Rusty_Chest, Here's some shots I took as an example the top ones have the Vao patch. The VAOs are giving me some trouble (crash whenever I quit the race and a bit of performance issues making my game a bit slower/stutter sometimes) I think I'll skip the VAOs at the moment.

Last edited:
View attachment 977552 View attachment 977553 View attachment 977555 View attachment 977554

Thanks a lot for your reply @Rusty_Chest, Here's some shots I took as an example the top ones have the Vao patch. The VAOs are giving me some trouble (crash whenever I quit the race and a bit of performance issues making my game a bit slower/stutter sometimes) I think I'll skip the VAOs at the moment.
That's the Porsche Cup, right?
VAO Patches aren't responsible for slowdown/crashing since they're pre-calculated textures that just get hidden/shown based on lightsources but I'll look into it / report to x4, thanks!

Damnit, I have more lights breaking. Has anyone else had issues with the tail lights of the URD PX2 not working on version 1.60 of CSP? I've made sure lighting effects were on and nothing short of reinstalling the whole game fixed the RSS GTN cars the last time this happened.

Can someone at least please send me the lighting config file for the URD PX2? I tried replacing the lights file for the GT86 GT4 with the base Kunos car and it fixed it, so I'm thinking a fresh lighting config file might be enough to spare me a total reinstall.

I'll have a look around for my zip file for that car pack in the meantime, but I might have to redownload it if I can't find it.

I’m honestly so confused as to why these problems that have been happening to me on multiple systems are not well documented. Makes fixing things very difficult when these weird unexplained problems keep popping up that nobody talks about. Weirdest thing of all is that all these issues seem to affect paid mod cars most often. 2 out of 3 cars that have had either their headlights or taillights stop working was a paid car.

Last edited:
The v12 LMR (Velo or legion), 333 SP (legion), Dallara SP1 (them lot but get it from the Grid pack), R8R and R8C (assetto garage) are eh but good enough as grid fillers. Same as the LMP-01 Evo (use legions) along with the Northstar if you don't have VRC's same as the R8 with the Assetto garage.
View attachment 977528

There is a free Bentley Speed 8 as well but if you don't have VRC's Bentley then use that.

so the best from the pre-2004 era currently are the R8, Speed 8, Northstar and Roadster-S which are all VRC.
to add to the grid go for legions 333 and velo's V12 to add to the rest.

Where do you get the Dome and the Dallara please.

The v12 LMR (Velo or legion), 333 SP (legion), Dallara SP1 (them lot but get it from the Grid pack), R8R and R8C (assetto garage) are eh but good enough as grid fillers. Same as the LMP-01 Evo (use legions) along with the Northstar if you don't have VRC's same as the R8 with the Assetto garage.
View attachment 977528

There is a free Bentley Speed 8 as well but if you don't have VRC's Bentley then use that.

so the best from the pre-2004 era currently are the R8, Speed 8, Northstar and Roadster-S which are all VRC.
to add to the grid go for legions 333 and velo's V12 to add to the rest.

View attachment 977538

Well, I am trying to fix the skins of the AG Audi R8R trying to create the number 7...all I can fix really is the mirrors.
View attachment 977540

because this is the reason.

Maybe I should upload my LMP900 stuff (I have several of these cars with dyno-engine/gearboxes, v10 tires etc)
- bentley_speed8
- lmp_dome_s101 (found, my convert, extra skins)
- wec_lmp1_lola_ex257 (found, my convert, extra skins)
- bmw_V12LMR + legion_bmw_v12_lmr (fixed)
- ptc_toyota_ts010_lm_1993
- toyota_ts020 / toyota_gt_one_ts020 / legion_toyota_ts020
- ag_audir8r_lmp1
- ag_audi_r8lmp_02
- panoz_lmp01evo / legion_panoz_lmp01_evo
- legion_cadillac_northstar_lmp02
- legion_ferrari_f333sp (upgraded)

paymod: (nothing special about the physics, most are inaccurate )
- vrc_pt_pavey, vrc_pt_cadenza, vrc_pt_auriel8, vrc_pt_project8

maybe someone can find some use of these, PM me (all have been edited, tweaked but very WiP'ish)

Last edited:
I would like to try new rain and SOL
Can somebody upload all rainfx files?Or whats the best way to find them?Search rainfx in this thread or there is a link like for vao and configs for tracks and cars?
Thanks.

Ahhh good to see there is a model out there but no C60 mod for AC. I wonder what other older LMPs we got released (apart from the ones i already have) like the Lister Storm, Riley and scott etc.

Haven't see any Lister LMP / Riley for AC, sadly.

Aren't those of pretty poor quality?

They aren't too bad - certainly not top AC quality, but if you're playing a racing game for the graphics only... What can I say ?

dM9UJvr.png

BI0j30R.png

They even have a proper Peugeot 908 2011 and a Toyota TS030 2012.

So you might want to disable the new flames when using those cars.
Would you be so kind to elaborate where they are exactly in CM? I couldn't find it cause Ilja said they are disabled by default so i need to turn them on

Last edited:
Maybe I should upload my LMP900 stuff (I have several of these cars with dyno-engine/gearboxes, v10 tires etc)
- bentley_speed8
- lmp_dome_s101 (found, my convert, extra skins)
- wec_lmp1_lola_ex257 (found, my convert, extra skins)
- bmw_V12LMR + legion_bmw_v12_lmr (fixed)
- ptc_toyota_ts010_lm_1993
- toyota_ts020 / toyota_gt_one_ts020 / legion_toyota_ts020
- ag_audir8r_lmp1
- ag_audi_r8lmp_02
- panoz_lmp01evo / legion_panoz_lmp01_evo
- legion_cadillac_northstar_lmp02
- legion_ferrari_f333sp (upgraded)

paymod: (nothing special about the physics, most are inaccurate )
- vrc_pt_pavey, vrc_pt_cadenza, vrc_pt_auriel8, vrc_pt_project8

maybe someone can find some use of these, PM me (all have been edited, tweaked but very WiP'ish)

Time to sound stupid but: Have you looked into the R8C or you not gonna bother since peugeot has done an overhaul on that car. And if i'm not mistaken these are the current pre 2004 LMPs right (including the dallara)?

Haven't see any Lister LMP / Riley for AC, sadly.

They aren't too bad - certainly not top AC quality, but if you're playing a racing game for the graphics only... What can I say ?

dM9UJvr.png

BI0j30R.png

They even have a proper Peugeot 908 2011 and a Toyota TS030 2012.

There is a Riley mk.30 which is ACSFK I think (it is public before you say anything) and it also has the other LMP3 cars aka the addess and the ginetta.

Quick and dirty fix for the #7 car :

eQcxIhz.png

Fixed number + names. That's it.

https://we.tl/t-TuORQS5rX8

That was quick. Well thanks I dunno what I needed to do to fix it to be honest but again thanks man

Would you be so kind to elaborate where they are exactly in CM? I couldn't find it cause Ilja said they are disabled by default so i need to turn them on
In Content Manager:
settings/custom shaders patch/ParticlesFX/new flames (untick the 'Active' box).

Last edited:
In Content Manager:
settings/custom shaders patch/ParticlesFX/new flames (untick the 'Active' box).
thank you, for some reason this new options wasn't marked with blue dot as usual. i guess it's intended to be marked only if the checkbox is active

Just exported the DDS with CM and reworked it with PS ahah. Simple as that.

Fair enough. Must have been the reason why I didn't get it right lmao. Don't have photoshop hahaha
Atleast It's enough to add to the Le mans games grid i'm creating (it's not done yet but it's got the cars that are currently out there)
upload_2020-12-11_9-40-21.png

upload_2020-12-11_9-41-22.png

with no.2 and no.3 from 1999 Le mans (they were in the dreamcast version along with the 1998s)
Just hoping for more cars and skins to come out from that game. (such as the 2000 R8s)

Hi ! :)

I’m really not satisfied with the VAO patches for the cars which got it so I want to remove them but... I don’t know how ?

I searched in some folders but I still in a mess.

I still using CSP on the last recommended one and I don’t use SOL.

Last annoying thing, when I leave a session I got a freeze and I got the "ACS.exe stopped functioning".

Thanks a lot for your help. ;)

Cheers ! :cheers:

Looks great, the texture work on the buildings in particular looks very impressive. It's always good to see a Welsh track in AC.

I live in the heart of Snowdonia which has some phenomenal driving roads that I know very well and would love to bring to AC but it would be a monumental task far beyond my skills.

Llanberis Pass

t8ZUQxB.jpg

t8ZUQxB
Have you tried the 'Evo Triangle' mod?

It's not great to look at but is quite good fun to drive.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-evo-triangle.12549/

You can throw in traffic as well if you like
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2-way-traffic-layouts-for-the-evo-triangle.29008/

I'm the author, feel free to learn and if you want help you can ask
Hi! Thank you so much for this brilliant car. Nice to drive. The attention to details is fantastic, great to make screenshots and race, too. The interior has so many details to look at, in particular with VR.
Really, thank you for sharing your art with us! By far one of my preffered cars, in my 870 cars collection.
Now, I think that it may have something to do on my side, but the windows look like as if they don't have glass, it just reflects direct light... hard to explain. I've attached an image as an example, look at the back window, it looks like as if the art sticker is flowing in the air.
Apart from this, I loved the car and can't wait to see what comes next.

Screenshotvwbeetlera.jpg

Cheers :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back