Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Hey, does anybody know the best way to open.ascii files? i've ripped the tracks from GT sport, and the .OBJ files open fine, but the UV layers are apparently contained in the .ascii files.

I followed the instructions here on a particular forum that i'm not sure i'm allowed to link here and everything has worked fine, I can work with the .obj fine, but getting the UV layers of the .ascii will save me some time.

Thanks

This fixed now.

If in the future anybody finds this from googling the issue, download the XNALara plugin for blender, this lets you import Ascii files.

Last edited:
Hi friends,
I am working on a CM FIA WTCR Oscaro 2018 championship with WTCR 2018 v3.0 mod and all tracks but there is a problem with Marrakech (TheRollovers).
I am using the @KevinK2 update (sideline pit vao).
Is there an update for the AI line because the AIs cut the turns and therefore many accidents, yellow flags, .. it's a disaster ....
Can an experienced person perform this update as the track is really clean in WTCR race
Thanks for your help

- The track Marrakech with KevinK2 updates here : https://mega.nz/file/pEYx1S4L#QmFgE9leKmhrgjqVoyjreSeez49IBhKeYwWJPSKd7qY
- The FIA WTCR OSCARO 2018 BETA 0.9 here : https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

WTCR Marrakech.JPG

Last edited:
Something's up, I'm getting black rocks with your configs (CSP 0.1.72-preview1, but with RainFX unticked)
Edit: road edge looks borked too?

Before:
View attachment 984233

After:
View attachment 984234

Same time of day for both (10:30 am, mid June)
I do like the darker trees though..! ;)
ehhhh. ya. my bad, i got TOO wildcard.

change to

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= terrain
MATERIALS=terrain_01
SHADER = ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef,0.8
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.6
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.6
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 0
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0,0,0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fix trees.
MATERIALS=bo_pines,bo_leafy, bo_bush?, bo_tree?
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.001
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0

Is there a way to turn off the tunnel lights at Motegi (the paid version) ? They're awfully bright and love to eat my FPS for some reason.
(yes they're always on even during the day and idk why it is that way)

Last edited:
not wrong LOD settings, just too short. I believe you can adjust them with this:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS= (or meshes, depending on whats more practical)
LOD_OUT= (a number, in meters; 100, 300, 750, play with it)
just putting the dots fixed it. thanks a lot

That is one of the Classic Austin Minis by Pessio; Pessio has created two different specifications, so I'm sure @Scaff which of the three he used:
  1. The street-spec Cooper S 1275 from 1964
  2. The FIA Appendix K-Spec Cooper 1000 for pre-1966 Historic Touring Car Racing
    • This version has a secondary FIA Group 2-Spec version with slightly lower performance period-correct to the Group 2 Touring and Rally cars of the time
It’s the group 2 version of the K Spec Mini by Pessio, an all round great set of cars

That is one of the Classic Austin Minis by Pessio; Pessio has created two different specifications, so I'm sure @Scaff which of the three he used:
  1. The street-spec Cooper S 1275 from 1964
  2. The FIA Appendix K-Spec Cooper 1000 for pre-1966 Historic Touring Car Racing
    • This version has a secondary FIA Group 2-Spec version with slightly lower performance period-correct to the Group 2 Touring and Rally cars of the time

+1 to this, Pessio's Minis and Abarths (Abarths are on his site as 'Scorpion') make one of the most fun, well made car sets you're ever going to find in game IMO. AD3R's Honda S800 is perfectly balanced with them too.

His Capri RS3100 coming soon looks equally superb quality.

Last edited:
Wanted to ask something today i switched from 720p to 1080p yup just now lol.
Anyways it looks like the FPS dropped a bit i'm fine at running the game somewhere around 30-60 FPS like i did with 720P
are there any settings that i can turn off while keeping the game to look as good?
I'm running this on a RX560 4gb and a Ryzen 3 2200G 3.40 GHz not sure what settings to use.
View attachment 984232

Lower your shadow resolution.

I´m finishing physics to the Porsche Carrera GT, but there´s a problem with the sound (not a problem for me).

In its day, I personally bought the sound of Marti´s Car Collection (not 100% happy with it, but was the best available). As a paid sound mod, maybe it cannot be shared here.

In case it can´t be shared here, do we have a good sound for the Carrera GT?

@Jandrovi
Hello mate
If you still read this thread this is what can be found in the field, besides Marti´s Car Collection, regarding sound for Carrera GT.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-carrera-gt.27940/

All credits goes @386

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, I know, I have already more car in AC that I can even drive, sad, but true, never the less, I am looking for more.
We are fortunate to be able to drive some FM cars in VR in AC, 2 cars I like in FM7 are, to my knowledge absent.
MB 280SL

Camaro Z28 1970

I hope I am wrong, and I can be directed to a link, but if I am right, the injustice must be repaired and those car have to be converted

Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.5 [REPACK]

Original Authors: Enver Bozkaya (SRTR), AssettoCorsaUnderground (ACU) & OSRW
Special Thanks to: TibuszHun, Ale_Calabro, Safi Hellie, Blackcelica, Carricudizilla

Same base model from ACU & OSRW versions but tweaked for 2020. Still needs some updates but it's the most up-to-date one on web.

GP CIRCUIT:
- 2 DRS Zones
- New ext_config (adapted from ACU's version)
- New vao-patch (adapted from ACU's version)
- New lightsources and enviromental upgrades (imported from ACU's version)
- GrassFX Ready
- RainFX (needs to checked)
- Latest recommended CSP or above needed.
- New 2020 F1 Skins from Blackcelica
- New UI details
- New loading screens
- SOL & CM compatible

INTERMEDIATE CIRCUIT:
-COMING SOON!

Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.5 REPACK - 166.8 MB

Thanks to the communities of:
SimRacersTR
RaceDepartment
GTPlanet
AssettoCorsaUnderground
OSRW Mods

Last edited:
ehhhh. ya. my bad, i got TOO wildcard.

change to

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= terrain
MATERIALS=terrain_01
SHADER = ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.6
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.6
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= fix trees.
MATERIALS=bo_pines,bo_leafy, bo_bush?, bo_tree?
SHADER = ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.001
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.3
PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0

That is cool, the trees loook great now. but with your rocky grass config these is how it looks. If i delete the original grassfx lines i get no grass at all...Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_155_v6_la_canyons_12-0-121-22-28-8.jpg

Yes, I know, I have already more car in AC that I can even drive, sad, but true, never the less, I am looking for more.
We are fortunate to be able to drive some FM cars in VR in AC, 2 cars I like in FM7 are, to my knowledge absent.
MB 280SL

Camaro Z28 1970

I hope I am wrong, and I can be directed to a link, but if I am right, the injustice must be repaired and those car have to be converted

I have the Camaro, think i got it from Assettoland :

01QxHFE.png

Does the Norma M30 LMP3 mod still exist?

I found remnants of it on the AC Forum SK website here:
__custom_showroom_1544540696.jpg

The norma is still out there as a matter of fact i've got 2 variants of the car

And i'm glad this got released and it must be the PC2 model. I never thought the PC2 models would be possible to rip. At this rate we could get the datsun now since there is only 2/3 models that are out there (from games) with that being PC2 and FM6/7. Also, I'm a sort out the Ui-skin for these since the info can be found on racingsports cars.

The effect is achieved when you have vinyl applied to a window which is set as transparent. You need to export the car to .FBX format and then load in the KS Editor, right click the window vinyl and set transparency to 'false', then make sure the shader is set to 'Alpha Test'. It's generally good practice to have glass as the only transparent objects on a car, everything on glass or stuff like grilles for example should just be alpha tested but not transparent.
Thanks a lot! That did indeed fix the issue. Such a simple thing to fix, but I guess you need to know where to look :)

View attachment 983117 (12/01/2021) Custom Championship updated to reflect latest changes (And yes I'm sure there is more to come :D)
As we are in a (UK) Lockdown for a few months (possibly) I've added this to Racedepartment
RSS FH 2020 - F1 2021 upcoming Season ‘Custom Championship’ 0.9 beta (b)
02_italy_gp21.jpg

View attachment 982929 View attachment 982930 View attachment 982931 View attachment 982932 View attachment 982933
All the tracks have been renamed and extension/F1 Skin folders added for RainFX, circuit displays and Lights which can be found in the readme file
view

(Thanks must go to Kunos and the many modders who have created these tracks for the community)

Background Screens (more to Follow)
View attachment 983089 View attachment 983090 View attachment 983091 View attachment 983092 View attachment 983093 View attachment 983094 View attachment 983095 View attachment 983096 View attachment 983097 View attachment 983098 View attachment 983116 View attachment 983117 View attachment 983118 View attachment 983119 View attachment 983120

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-2020-f1-2021-upcoming-season-‘custom-championship’.38540/

Last edited:
And i'm glad this got released and it must be the PC2 model. I never thought the PC2 models would be possible to rip. At this rate we could get the datsun now since there is only 2/3 models that are out there (from games) with that being PC2 and FM6/7. Also, I'm a sort out the Ui-skin for these since the info can be found on racingsports cars.

I think there are some PC2-models around. Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 must be from PC2 at least. And Porsche 961? LTK's group C Nissans?

But I agree, we need THE Datsun from PC2.

How does rain affect FPS?
Quite a bit; 10-15 fps drop for me. It´s the same in every other sim though

Is there a way to turn off the tunnel lights at Motegi (the paid version) ? They're awfully bright and love to eat my FPS for some reason.
(yes they're always on even during the day and idk why it is that way)

You don´t have to turn them off; lowering the brightness usually solves the fps issue. I don´t own the track but generally it goes like this:

1. open the config and look for either a [LIGHT_SERIES_] or [LIGHT_] that controls the tunnel lights
2. right below it look for COLOR=, the 4 numbers there are RED, GREEN, BLUE, BRIGHTNESS; lowering these usually does the job
3. if that´s not enough, you could also try lowering stuff like RANGE, RANGE_GRADIENT or CLUSTER_THRESHOLD
4. to turn them off during the day, add CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH to the light series. Make sure the config has a line like:
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common/conditions.ini
if not, add it.

Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.5 [REPACK]

Original Authors: Enver Bozkaya (SRTR), AssettoCorsaUnderground (ACU) & OSRW
Special Thanks to: TibuszHun, Ale_Calabro, Safi Hellie, Blackcelica, Carricudizilla

Same base model from ACU & OSRW versions but tweaked for 2020. Still needs some updates but it's the most up-to-date one on web.

GP CIRCUIT:
- 2 DRS Zones
- New ext_config (adapted from ACU's version)
- New vao-patch (adapted from ACU's version)
- New lightsources and enviromental upgrades (imported from ACU's version)
- GrassFX Ready
- RainFX (needs to checked)
- Latest CSP or above recommended.
- New 2020 F1 Skins from Blackcelica
- New UI details
- New loading screens
- SOL & CM compatible

INTERMEDIATE CIRCUIT:
-COMING SOON!

Intercity Istanbul Park v1.8.5 REPACK - 166.8 MB

Thanks to the communities of:
SimRacersTR
RaceDepartment
GTPlanet
AssettoCorsaUnderground
OSRW Mods

Thanks for your efforts but have you ever considered in fixing this wall here (too many DHL adverts)? Looks really weird to be honest.

upload_2021-1-12_22-23-2.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back